Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Marlin is delicioso!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love tacos. And Burritos. And Gorditas.

There's a little local Mexican grocery store near me that has THE BEST Gorditas. I prefer the Carne Asada, but will also eat Lengua, El Pastor, ground beef, grilled chicken, fish, shrimp, chorizo....ehhh, anything. Pulled pork BBQ and beef brisket also make excellent tacos and burritos (with slaw and beans).

Possibly the best tacos I ever had were on my honeymoon in Costa Rica. We grabbed lunch at a hole in the wall. A local fisherman had brought in a Marlin the day before and we had fresh Marlin tacos. Yum.

Marlin is delicioso!

I was always unsure on Marlin. Until I had it in the Cook Islands. Very good!
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Today is the 4th anniversary of getting a stent in my heart. Guess I'm going to go celebrate by working on #2!
View Quote

I get one Monday.. maybe.  They are going in, stent will be game time decision.  There is blockage, but they have been unable to determine cause with all the tests so far and bloodwork does not support some of the normal reasons.

I think its stress.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll be in Tijuana for the next four days.  First stop is my favorite cart. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85319/56344E7C-51A6-450E-A3CF-E5D925324CDB_jpe-1922357.JPG
View Quote

HOLY SHIT! He's got a whole pig on that trompo!
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Barbacoa , cilantro, onion , green salsa
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/58440399-A656-4AF7-B33B-23ED4A9E3AA6_jpe-1926733.JPG

These guys - actually cute younger gals (smart marketing) - speak English  - I trust them more

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/FFA28DF5-F48D-4545-9C23-9C08CC3AE08C_jpe-1926739.JPG

Like our fav sushi place, often the only English primary speakers there

View Quote

Those look good! Where?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've never seen nor heard of this, but I would eat that whole box!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Birria Tacos are best tacos. Meat , cheese, onion, cilantro, tortilla dipped in meat juice then fried.

Then you dip the whole thing in meat juice again and enjoy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/329281/5367B59E-CCFB-480F-9227-CB493ABFAC03_jpe-1921656.JPG

I've never seen nor heard of this, but I would eat that whole box!

Same here. Damn!
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I made these this past weekend. Yes I made the tortillas also. The the next day I chopped up the left over tortillas and meat and mixed some rice and seasoning and topped it with diced jalapeños and salsa Verde.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Fate led me to find a random taco truck in south Akron on my lunch hour. Absolutely delicious.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Carnitas, cilantro, onion, lime, and green salsa or guac.
View Quote

Yes.  I also like to quickly pickle/brine the onions a little bit.  If I have it, I like Cotija cheese on carnitas tacos.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I get one Monday.. maybe.  They are going in, stent will be game time decision.  There is blockage, but they have been unable to determine cause with all the tests so far and bloodwork does not support some of the normal reasons.

I think its stress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today is the 4th anniversary of getting a stent in my heart. Guess I'm going to go celebrate by working on #2!

I think its stress.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine. I was awake the whole time watching it on a big screen tv as they went in lol. My biggest fear was popping out the femoral artery plug for the week afterwards lol.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine. I was awake the whole time watching it on a big screen tv as they went in lol. My biggest fear was popping out the femoral artery plug for the week afterwards lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think its stress.

I am going to be sedated, and they are going through my wrist for mine.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Birria Tacos are best tacos. Meat , cheese, onion, cilantro, tortilla dipped in meat juice then fried.

Then you dip the whole thing in meat juice again and enjoy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/329281/5367B59E-CCFB-480F-9227-CB493ABFAC03_jpe-1921656.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For me the perfect taco has lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream & fresh jalapeo. I do like a specific hot sauce on tacos which is kinda random...Jason's Mom's Sauce (thank me later). Also, how did you clowns make it 3 pages without this gif???

https://media.tenor.com/images/a70753f6bc95d024091525edbffc996f/tenor.gif
View Quote
Can't thank you when it's f'ing sold out.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Essential taco toppings: hot peppers of some type, diced or sliced onions, cheese, sauce of some kind (hot sauce, salsa).  Nice to have: tomatoes, guacamole, and sour cream.  Useless and to be avoided: lettuce and at all costs, cilantro.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How about a taco lasagna/casserole type deal? I'm gonna make one shortly but im just winging it. Need something for the late shift the next few days and I'm tired and my back is obliterated.
View Quote

AKA - King Ranch Casserole
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
local Mexican place

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Pickled carrot slices add a nice texture.

Always use corn tortillas freshly made from the local tortilleria.

Wound up with too many toppings last night, besides the usuals, had some mango and fresh avocado.

So decided to try frying the corn tortilla flat in order to make a tostada, so I  could fit more of the toppings on top.

Worked like a charm, and the crunchiness definitely added to the overall flavor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll take 'Kansas City' style tacos over any other taco. They have a distinct flavor. Must be the oil they fry them in.

A long time ago a place called La Cocina put peas in their hamburger and to this day my family does the same.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top