Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 2/4/2021 3:15:36 PM EDT
I hear this statement being spewed much more often on gun forums this is really disingenuous and are just boot licking to gun control.
If lever action rifles were so great and just as good as semi-auto rifles why aren't police and government agencies still using them since over 80+ years.
I see them useful for a bear gun such as the 45-70 guide rifle for camp protection against grizzly bear but not for SHTF combat or against multiple adversaries.
Semi-auto rifles are generally much more reliable/durable than lever action rifles which have more complex and fragile components that can break and render it inoperable in a high stress situation.
That being said there is nothing wrong with lever guns if you know there limitations and can accept what they are good at.
End Message
GabrielShear1
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever
And who cares?

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew op would be 20er at the oldest before I clicked.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve never heard that.

Lever guns are better at some things, worse at others, but never “just as good”.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Not for me personally, but I see the appeal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#6]
OP never saw Chuck Conners in action.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I knew op would be 20er at the oldest before I clicked.
View Quote
Yep and sat around my all day thinking up a compelling thread to start.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Whatever
And who cares?

View Quote

Because its folks spreading around misinformation and bullshit to new gun owners that get the wrong ideas with their new Marlin 30-30 Lever gun.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Framing hammers are not just as good as ripping hammers

I hear this statement being spewed much more often on construction forums this is really disingenuous and are just boot licking to hammer control.
If framing hammers were so great and just as good as ripping hammers why aren't carpenters still only using them since over 80+ years.
I see them useful for a nailing studs such as the Estwing 22oz but not for hanging pictures or nailing shingles.
Ripping hammers are generally much more versatile/managable than framing hammers which have a textured hammer face that can damage the surface a nail is being driven into.
That being said there is nothing wrong with framing hammers if you know there limitations and can accept what they are good at.
End Message

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I don’t care if it’s as good or not, I really want one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because its folks spreading around misinformation and bullshit to new gun owners that get the wrong ideas with their new Marlin 30-30 Lever gun.
View Quote

You are literally the only person I've ever heard bring this up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

......EVER!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT'S WHAT THEY WAHT YOU TO THINK

Big Lever is at it again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OP never saw Chuck Conners in action.
View Quote

What does baseball have to do with lever action rifles?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I gots me a thuty-thuty and a Schofield. I'm ready for any a-pork-a-lips.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#17]
No one said that.

Some people said they are a viable option if semi auto guns are banned.

Big difference.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#18]
OP... tell me which lever action triggers you the most

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Opie is tilting at windmills
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#22]
You are hearing that because all the cheap used L/As dried-up just when they wanted one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#23]

End Message
GabrielShear1
View Quote

Oh look. Another one that puts their name at the bottom. This one even put end message. How cute.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Don’t think I’ve ever read that until just now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Gun companies are trying to get folks in ban states comfortable with the infringements that Biden and state governors are planning to do shortly with Semi-auto rifles.
None of them trigger me at all if folks want to play the Simon says game and comply that is on them.
A nice stainless Marlin 45-70 Guide gun is all that would interest me if I was out in Montana or Alaska.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh look. Another one that puts their name at the bottom. This one even put end message. How cute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

End Message
GabrielShear1

I'm for one, appreciative of that end message and signature.   Otherwise I couldn't tell where his post ended!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Framing hammers are not just as good as ripping hammers

I hear this statement being spewed much more often on construction forums this is really disingenuous and are just boot licking to hammer control.
If framing hammers were so great and just as good as ripping hammers why aren't carpenters still only using them since over 80+ years.
I see them useful for a nailing studs such as the Estwing 22oz but not for hanging pictures or nailing shingles.
Ripping hammers are generally much more versatile/managable than framing hammers which have a textured hammer face that can damage the surface a nail is being driven into.
That being said there is nothing wrong with framing hammers if you know there limitations and can accept what they are good at.
End Message

View Quote

Cute, but I’ve never seen a framing hammer that doesn’t have rip claws. You’re juxtaposition should’ve been finish claws vs rip claws.  -10 points. Try again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Got a feeling a lot of us are gonna be telling ourselves lever actions are just as good as semiautos in the future.

After all you won't even have to go NFA to get a lever action in a non-military caliber, amirite?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Me may soon enter an era of creating the best possible manually operated rifles.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Lever actions are fun.

I have never heard this claim you make and I've been in the gun game for 30 years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#37]
The only thing a lever rifle does well is “be cool”. Everything else about them sucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a member here that in another thread a few days ago said that a lever 45/70 is more reliable than a semi-auto .458 Socom.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank goodness you've seen fit to join Arfcom OP. We've been anxiously awaiting someone just like you to clear that up for us.

When will you be giving us the benefit of your insight on that whole 9mm vs .45 ACP thing?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
......EVER!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

......EVER!!

yep
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I believe this OP will be the new "big coal" copy pasta for ARFCOM and I want to be on page 1.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I actually like them but its not the best choice in a SHTF situation, for that I prefer a magazine fed semi auto long gun
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#43]
So is the OP just pissed you can't get a AR pattern 45-70?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don’t care if it’s as good or not, I really want one.
View Quote

I want 2! The manly pairing would be a .357 and .45-70 but I can settle for .22 and .44.
Hell, if we didn't have to worry about gun control and I was living where I wanted all I'd own would be a carry pistol, a .22 rifle, a .44 rifle and 1 or 2 AR's. It would be nice to not spend the money I have on guns and mags.

Yes AR's are better at most everything but 8 shots of full-fuck-you Magnums out of a rifle barrel is something to respect.
Lots of people use lever action rifles because they're 50 state (?) and Canada friendly and you can load them from rabbit to bear.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Got a feeling a lot of us are gonna be telling ourselves lever actions are just as good as semiautos in the future.

After all you won't even have to go NFA to get a lever action in a non-military caliber, amirite?
View Quote

Wait until they ban the Browning BLR in .308 and .223 because it shoots those high power military rounds
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#46]
They're a product of their time
You use what you're proficient with.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I hear this statement being spewed much more often on gun forums
View Quote

I don't know what gun forums you were hanging out on before you joined here four days ago, but I've never heard anyone on arfcom say that.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The only thing a lever rifle does well is “be cool”. Everything else about them sucks.
View Quote

Better than your typical Remington 742. You would think that with 1.5 million of them built that they could have made them a lot more reliable.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So is the OP just pissed you can't get a AR pattern 45-70?
View Quote

458 Socom Upper?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top