Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2023 12:08:41 PM EDT
In 2013, The Wall Street Journal discovered a cache of files that revealed that the U.S. government lobotomized over 2000 veterans against their will after WW2. The veterans were lobotomized for reasons such as PTSD, depression, schizophrenia, and occasionally homosexuality.
https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/LobotomyFilesPart1.pdf
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Top Men.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Lobotomy!

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
“We’re from the government and we’re here to help”
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
This should be done to Liberal Democrats. Oh wait, it’s already done.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a research paper in college on the subject.  A woman in my town began to suffer from post-partum depression, and her husband (a prominent physician at the time with significant influence) didn't want her around anymore, which further led to deeper depression.  He had her committed and she spiraled down into a constantly medicated state.  She tried to escape, violently if needed (who could blame her).  Ultimately her constant escape attempts and attacking her captors led to a lobotomy.  She was a veg after that.  It was very sad and changed how I looked at "the system" for sure.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
To be fair though, I'd rather have a lobotomy than crave dick.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Trust the science.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
And yet people believe that the government is always going to look out for their best interests

File this one with Tuskegee, LSD, Atomic radiation testing, the list can go on and on...
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did a research paper in college on the subject.  A woman in my town began to suffer from post-partum depression, and her husband (a prominent physician at the time with significant influence) didn't want her around anymore, which further led to deeper depression.  He had her committed and she spiraled down into a constantly medicated state.  She tried to escape, violently if needed (who could blame her).  Ultimately her constant escape attempts and attacking her captors led to a lobotomy.  She was a veg after that.  It was very sad and changed how I looked at "the system" for sure.
View Quote

My girlfriend is a vegetable
She lives in a hospital
I'd do most anything
To keep her alive
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to see the Lobotomy Ladies in a private psych facility, they played bridge all day.
Some had had 2.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Moniz and Freeman should have been executed by fire.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
The surgical methods used to treat patients in mental hospitals were draconian at best, horrific at worst.

Best described as “experimental”, but the patients were treated no better than lab animals.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read a transcript years ago of a young woman having a lobotomy, the Doctor was very proud of how as he advanced into the procedure her cognitive abilities dropped to nothing, described it all in detail, it was horrible to read. disgusting to do this to somebody. Worse than death.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal Lobotomy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

ETA: FUUUUUCK 16 seconds!!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This should be done to Liberal Democrats. Oh wait, it’s already done.
View Quote

\

Nothing to lobotomize.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal Lobotomy.
View Quote

Poppies!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Trust the science.
View Quote
Came here to post this. Some people still think that science has all the answers...  
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Came here to post this. Some people still think that science has all the answers...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust the science.
Lobotomies were the absolute worst of medical quackery, there was nothing properly "scientific" about it.

Leave it to the GD anti-intellectual crowd to misrepresent yet another topic to reinforce their proud ignorance.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

She lives in a hospital
I'd do most anything
To keep her alive
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She lives in a hospital
I'd do most anything
To keep her alive
She's got a new TV
It's called an EKG
I'd do anything
To keep her in style
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

John Money (the Patron Saint of Gender Jihad and Autogynephila) tried to have the author Janet Frame lobotomized, against her will.  She was his student at the time.  She was institutionalized and medically tortured for 8 years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Joe Kennedy had his mentally handicapped daughter lobotimized to keep her from embrassing the family.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#25]
One day they will be discussing the quackery of 2020-2023.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And yet people believe that the government is always going to look out for their best interests

File this one with Tuskegee, LSD, Atomic radiation testing, the list can go on and on...
View Quote

And the spraying of radioactive chemicals in St. Louis and Texas.

In St. Louis, the chemicals were sprayed from roof tops…. That just so happened to be predominantly poor black neighborhoods:

ARMY ADMITS testing on ST. Louis - Spraying Radioactive Chemicals - in the 50's and 60's

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

See, now I just think of the old tune Dr Demento used to play “I’d rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy “

So no need to even go to your example right off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

She lives in a hospital
I'd do most anything
To keep her alive
View Quote

She’s got sockets full of flies
And I’d do anything to keep her alive.

My girlfriend has got her own TV.
It’s called an EKG.

And I’d do anything to keep her alive.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
She's got a new TV
It's called an EKG
I'd do anything
To keep her in style
View Quote

CRAP!  Beat!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#30]
… She was a really good friend
A really good friend to me, yeah
She was a really good friend
A really good friend to me, yeah

… But they took her away
Tossed her in the bin
Now she's hanging out
In East Berlin, ow-ooo

… She had a very bad affair
With some cat from Hiroshima
She turned into a head of lettuce
She eats Thorazine in her farina

But they took her away
Tossed her in the bin
Now she's hanging out
In East Berlin, ow-ooo

… And every time I eat vegetables
It makes me think of you
And every time I eat vegetables
I don't know what to do, to do ow-ooo
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
She's got a new TV
It's called an EKG
I'd do anything
To keep her in style
View Quote

Wow! Haven't seen (heard) that Jody call in decades!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This was about WW2 vets.

Apparently you think about dick a lot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
She's got a new TV
It's called an EKG
I'd do anything
To keep her in style
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She lives in a hospital
I'd do most anything
To keep her alive
She's got a new TV
It's called an EKG
I'd do anything
To keep her in style

She doesn’t have a mouth or nose
Just a big rubber hose
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#34]
They did it to JFK's sister Rosemary.  Kept it pretty quiet.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/rosemary-kennedy
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lobotomies were the absolute worst of medical quackery, there was nothing properly "scientific" about it.

Leave it to the GD anti-intellectual crowd to misrepresent yet another topic to reinforce their proud ignorance.
View Quote

Lobotomies were essentially legalized, medically legitimized euthanasia. So wrong.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This was about WW2 vets.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was about WW2 vets.

Do you know how I know you didn't read it all?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#37]
This procedure is just one of several abuses perpetrated in mental "hospitals".  

It is one of the reasons the mentally ill are now out on the streets of America instead of receiving real, true care.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I read a transcript years ago of a young woman having a lobotomy, the Doctor was very proud of how as he advanced into the procedure her cognitive abilities dropped to nothing, described it all in detail, it was horrible to read. disgusting to do this to somebody. Worse than death.  
View Quote

People in react in horror to this, assuming they are sane, yet nobody is acting to defend children being genitally mutilated and force fed hormones.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go get your 5th booster Karen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Electro-shock therapy isn't very far behind lobotomies when it comes to draconian treatments of people.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

You've got to be FAST on the draw to beat G.D. ARFCOM...

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In 2013, The Wall Street Journal discovered a cache of files that revealed that the U.S. government lobotomized over 2000 veterans against their will after WW2. The veterans were lobotomized for reasons such as PTSD, depression, schizophrenia, and occasionally homosexuality.
https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/LobotomyFilesPart1.pdf
https://i.postimg.cc/85sP93JQ/IMG-3884.jpg
View Quote

The same thing is happening now in the name of misgendering.

You can't fix a mental problem with surgery!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/i_f0nXwF9AIAAAAM/quickdraw-shoot.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/i_f0nXwF9AIAAAAM/quickdraw-shoot.gif

Lord knows I'm not!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

She lives in a hospital
I'd do most anything
To keep her alive
View Quote

I can't read it normally. Even when I read it to myself it's in cadence.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
“We’re from the government and we’re here to help”
View Quote

first thing i thought of along with :

'Trust the Science'

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yet it actually happened for decades and was performed by actual doctors. Absolute nothing scientific about that…

Need I make a list of other stupid shit that scientists and doctors have presented as “good for us” over the decades?

Hell, how many doctors today think it’s perfectly acceptable to butcher a child’s sex organs?

Ignorance is thinking someone is infallible just because they have a couple fancy letters after their name.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn, try harder lol.

2/10
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#48]
In general, I think they were stunningly effective for inhibiting emotional deviation.  The practice was used throughout society, so it's not like veterans were the only targets of this procedure.  Parents did this to children back then.  It was also a time when institutionalization was widespread, so, as barbaric as the procedure may be, even known to be at the time, it may have been viewed as preferential to institutionalization.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust the science.

LMFAO wtf are you on about?  there is nobody ITT saying lobotomies are a good or valid thing.

ETA: or are you saying we should still "trust the science"?  Do you know what scare quotes are, what they mean?  Do you discern between literalisms and colloquialisms?  Or just hate GD, lol
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I recall a radio interview with a gentleman who had one when he was 12 or 13.  Intellectually, he was all there.  Emotionally, empty, well maybe not empty, but flatlined.

Near the end of the interview after laying the whole thing out, his entire life, what was, what could have been, he stated, "I would be really angry about this ... if I could."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top