Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OP you have images of Crayfish, not Lobsters.

I think people call them spiny lobsters.  As you know from my aquaponics thread, crayfish have large claws whereas the spiny lobsters do not.  IIRC, spiny lobsters tend to live in warm waters and lobsters in cold.  Just a random pic off google for spiny lobster:

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's make a pact...

I will consider the moral implications of eating lobster after the following conditions are met:

1. I can afford to eat it as often as the FSA food-stampers can afford to eat it.
2. The left agrees that it is immoral to attempt to infringe upon or strip me of my 2nd amendment rights.
3. The FSA food-stamps no longer pay for them to dine on steak and lobster.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm waiting for them to turn things like this into usable anti-aging drugs!
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

I will consider the moral implications of eating lobster after the following conditions are met:

1. I can afford to eat it as often as the FSA food-stampers can afford to eat it.
2. The left agrees that it is immoral to attempt to infringe upon or strip me of my 2nd amendment rights.

Way to read the thread... or the article.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Bullshit! Drop that fucker in boiling water and see how long he lives. Then melt some butter.

Pinchy would have wanted it that way...

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

dafuq?
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Reminds me of those T-shirts they sell in gift shops up in Maine: a lobster about to toss a little chef into the pot.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd bang most of the lobster people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

RIF  

To be fair, I also thought it read "immoral" at first glance.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#11]
First double tap. Drinking.....coincidence?
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Cockroach of the sea.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Immortal my ass....

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

Didn't even read the fucking title right.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Let's make a pact...

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

Considering how many people spell "moron" wrong on this site, I can't say I'm surprised.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#18]
So, me and a couple buddies swung into a big grocery store to harass a friend who worked the deli counter.  Well, he has some customer show up, so we wander off to go grab some drinks.  We walk past the lobster tank, and it had a sign that said "Lobsters: 2 to 4.50 lbs."  Except, the decimal had fallen off.  So it looked like lobsters up to 450 lbs.
Buddy looks at it and says, "Man, how would you cook a 450 pound lobster?"
I turned around and he pointed the sign out.  I just said 'Fuck cooking it, I'd ride it down the aisles and declare myself King of Meijer.  Who's gonna argue with a guy with a 450 pound lobster?"

Yeah, yeah, I know cool starry bra.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Let's make a pact...

wut?

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Guy in my family is one of the leading world authorities on xenomorph lobsters.  We may need to recruit him if we plan to win this war.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#21]
cockroaches ewwww
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

Considering how many people spell "moron" wrong on this site, I can't say I'm surprised.

do you mean 'moran'? hang around a while. it'll make sense.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a small crawfish in a tank once with aggressive fish.   He once got hungry, ripped off his biggest claw and ate it.    

He then proceeded to grow it back over the next few weeks and lived for another year before I let the tank water get too far out of whack and he died.

He will forever be considered an ULTIMATE BADASS in my mind.   I miss that little blue bastard.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Bullshit! Drop that fucker in boiling water and see how long he lives. Then melt some butter.

Pinchy would have wanted it that way...

That was a great episode. I looked at a friend and said, "You know, I've actually thought about doing that."
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

Get a brian, 879 post n00b.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Crabs possess this immortality, too.  I've put all sorts of ointment on mine, and they just won't die.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Immortal is delicious.

Yep, I bet that's what we're tasting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Fuck all yalls music that isnt from the 80s

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

do you mean 'moran'? hang around a while. it'll make sense.

It makes sense?

EDIT: OMG LOL. NOW it makes sense. I never put it together.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#30]
so lobsters are the Devil's spawn?

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now this is why we need full auto M16s with a 100rd drum magazine loaded with HEIAP, fucking 500 year old 2 ton lobsters.

Edit: We also need LAWs and AT-4s to deal with that threat.

Maybe, so far it only has to do with cell replication. When they looked at worms there were DNA proteins, one tells your cells to die and the other keeps them young. By inhibiting the "grim reaper" protein they were able to double the lifespan of these worms and believe you could go ever further then that. The already indentified a enzyme that could be used to replenish the cells reproduction time clock indefinitely, but this enzyme also causes cancer.....soooo

Lobsters "live forever" because their cells are forever reproducing and do not die (after 50 reproductions like they in humans) and damage DNA. Not really sure it would be a cure for diseases but you never know.

The Anti-death gene causes cancer in Humans.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Damnit , I love me some friggin lobster !

Grilled , steamed or any other way it can be cooked

Yep!

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#34]
There can be only one!
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Fookin prawns!
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Not here!  Last summer I would walk the grueling 100 yards down the street to the lobster pound and pick up 10 of them, all cooked with 1-lb of steamers for about $60.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#37]
They are ugly and live forever, but I'll be damned if they don't taste delicious with melted butter.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP you have images of Crayfish, not Lobsters.

I think people call them spiny lobsters.  As you know from my aquaponics thread, crayfish have large claws whereas the spiny lobsters do not.  IIRC, spiny lobsters tend to live in warm waters and lobsters in cold.  Just a random pic off google for spiny lobster:

http://reefguide.org/pix/lobster10.jpg

Where I was born, Spiny lobsters were called crayfish, just like some of those photos. Tiny claws, not big ones like lobster.

And the water was fucking cold.!!!!! Its all just names.............

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I'm waiting for them to turn things like this into usable anti-aging drugs!

Yeah, but they gotta fix the skin condition, too.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Immortal;.................................... I'll put thier name to the test (Leonidas voice)

Lets ask this 6 pounder.........

not immortal, just delicious
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

They are ugly and live forever, but I'll be damned if they don't taste delicious with melted butter.

Like this?  

ETA - wont imbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VofYTTLohc&has_verified=1&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2VofYTTLohc%26oref%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253D2VofYTTLohc%26has_verified%3D1&has_verified=1

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ocean bugs, yuck.

And I'm from Maine.

This. Ill pass on the red ocean cockroaches.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I find this very interesting, yet very strange.

If this is true, this should be something we would have known decades ago.  For as many lobsters that are kept in captivity, I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been noticed long ago.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

I spy.........

Someone who didn't read.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's make a pact...

I asked about this one time and was told it was intentional.  

So as much as I want to laugh at everyone who spells it like that, I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Girlfriend's parents live in Maine = Free Lobster for a week in July

AHHHHHHH DIE LOBSTAH!!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's make a pact...

pfft... Moran!

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Remember the movie or TV show, Island City? The humans lived longer and had colored crystals on their chests that helped them to choose the right mate. Lobster DNA might make that come true
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top