Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He isn't standing up for my rights - he's making click-bait Youtube videos for his own personal profit.  Standing up for my rights wouldn't require posting the videos to Youtube.

Sorry only one of us is capable of seeing it - I won't insult you by calling what he's doing blatantly obvious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly it does because the NYPD keeps enforcing illegal policies.  The man is willing to go to jail to stand up for your rights, yet he's painted as the bad guy rather than the people breaking multiple laws in the video.  

He isn't standing up for my rights - he's making click-bait Youtube videos for his own personal profit.  Standing up for my rights wouldn't require posting the videos to Youtube.

Sorry only one of us is capable of seeing it - I won't insult you by calling what he's doing blatantly obvious.

Does that mean you are part of an occupational/societal class that has been granted privileges vastly exceeding rights(at least on paper) that are supposed to be recognized?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No one cares what you think if that's the extent of your logical reasoning.  I think people that stand up for themselves are great and should be applauded.  That doesn't take an "auditor" going around for entertainment and clicks.
View Quote

Looking at your posts in this thread I think you have never had much in the way of logical thinking so not sure you are a good judge of mine.  Fun part is I am not an ACAB guy, in fact I have a thin blue line sticker on my car lol, call me a bootlicker even if you want.  Thing is if I see police officers violating rights I will call them out on it and I support anyone who does so if they do it legally which is the case in this video.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Every other journalist makes money doing what? Wasting the time of salaried public employees?  Na...that's not what most of them make money doing.  In fact, typically if it involves public employees they do investigations of corruption.  Let me know when there's a line of people upset about policies about filming in buildings they never go in for filming purposes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every other professional journalist in the country makes money at it, but when this guy does it, it's wrong?  Lol - that's retardelated.

Every other journalist makes money doing what? Wasting the time of salaried public employees?  Na...that's not what most of them make money doing.  In fact, typically if it involves public employees they do investigations of corruption.  Let me know when there's a line of people upset about policies about filming in buildings they never go in for filming purposes.

Sounds like interactions with police "caused" by black folks about 70 years ago "shocking the conscience" by plopping down in a dining facility, sitting on the wrong bus seat, and drinking from the fountain.  If only you could have been around putting down your thoughts for posterity about police resources being wasted by those interactions.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lots of people get paid for doing what some people would consider to be a virtuous activity.  So what?

If what LIA does was unnecessary, there wouldn't be any content out there for him to gather in the first place.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If published (paid) by a news agency, yes. Some random with a YouTube channel, no
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Journalist my ass

Define journalist.

A person employed by a news organization to report without editorializing. Pretty rare thing today. Tucker Carlson is not a journalist for example. His show was opinion and entertainment not journalism.

Freelance journalists not journalists then?

If published (paid) by a news agency, yes. Some random with a YouTube channel, no

What the difference between a rando with a Youtube channel and a rando with a printing press?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Journalist my ass
View Quote

Exactly. I am not a gentle, smart or overly polite man nor do I tolerate abuse of my rights (not even a little) but I have never in the entirety of my life had an issue with cops. In fact, truth be known most of my friends or some type of LE or other gov't agency types. And at the end of the day I don't need some cunt looking for attention on youtube to go around wasting taxpayer money playing grab ass with cops. It solves nothing for me. And I may secretly want them to thump him. Just for being a pain in their ass.

Is it so hard to say- I want a time like I hear about in the 50s where people respected each other and generally tried to do the right thing by friends, family and whatever God they may or may not believe in? I ask this and liberals say yeah except the Jim Crow and hangings.. OK got it I want the 50s life with less racism.

Someone smarter than me please explain why society has to over correct so much. I see a lot of you post and I read things. I am willing to bet less than .5% of the people on this site have been evil to a trans person or a POC. Isn't that enough? Can we all just agree that respect is key. And by that I mean earning and giving respect.

Does it have to be more complicated?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What the difference between a rando with a Youtube channel and a rando with a printing press?
View Quote
The Founding Fathers could never have predicted high capacity wood-cuts able to be displayed at almost 30 images a second.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How do you arrest a US Citizen for trespassing into a police station? Isn't that literally what we pay taxes for?
View Quote

Trespassing is refusing to leave after being asked. If i said "hey yall have BBQ at my house" and 50 people show up, we have fun, but Bob gets drunk and is an ass and i say "hey bob you gotta go home" Bob refuses and i call teh cops for "tresspassing"/

In some areas trespassing can be violating a sign saying "NO HUNTING" or "NO TRESPASSING" , in other states it must be a person contacting the person and asking them to leave after identifying themselves as a owner rep.

"hey bob, this is my house, you gotta leave though"
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly. I am not a gentle, smart or overly polite man nor do I tolerate abuse of my rights (not even a little) but I have never in the entirety of my life had an issue with cops. In fact, truth be known most of my friends or some type of LE or other gov't agency types. And at the end of the day I don't need some cunt looking for attention on youtube to go around wasting taxpayer money playing grab ass with cops. It solves nothing for me. And I may secretly want them to thump him. Just for being a pain in their ass.

Is it so hard to say- I want a time like I hear about in the 50s where people respected each other and generally tried to do the right thing by friends, family and whatever God they may or may not believe in? I ask this and liberals say yeah except the Jim Crow and hangings.. OK got it I want the 50s life with less racism.

Someone smarter than me please explain why society has to over correct so much. I see a lot of you post and I read things. I am willing to bet less than .5% of the people on this site have been evil to a trans person or a POC. Isn't that enough? Can we all just agree that respect is key. And by that I mean earning and giving respect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Journalist my ass

What the difference between posting a Youtube video and selling copies for profit from a printing press, like Zenger, Franklin, Revere and Payne did?

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Trespassing is refusing to leave after being asked. If i said "hey yall have BBQ at my house" and 50 people show up, we have fun, but Bob gets drunk and is an ass and i say "hey bob you gotta go home" Bob refuses and i call teh cops for "tresspassing"/

In some areas trespassing can be violating a sign saying "NO HUNTING" or "NO TRESPASSING" , in other states it must be a person contacting the person and asking them to leave after identifying themselves as a owner rep.

"hey bob, this is my house, you gotta leave though"
View Quote

This is where you may learn these is a difference legally between your private property and government property with areas made accessable to the public.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Journalist my ass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Journalist my ass

Quoted:
When assholes collide

Didn't take long for the JBT crew to show up.

How dare anyone question the kings men am I right?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you watch the video this thead is about?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just enjoying the boot lickers ACABoutting themselves. I bet they think they're the "Adults in charge" and everyone else is a child as well.

Fixed it for you

Lol. Yes, having minimum expectations that cops follow the law surely is ACAB.  Imagine that, a job having minimum expectations.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy shit some of the replies!

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Journalist my ass

Define journalist.

A person employed by a news organization to report without editorializing. Pretty rare thing today. Tucker Carlson is not a journalist for example. His show was opinion and entertainment not journalism.

Freelance journalists not journalists then?

Which government agency do you have to go to in order for your Agency to become an approved "News Agency"?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think it is ABSOLUTELY reasonable to expect the person arresting someone to be able to correctly articulate what they are arresting someone for. If the law is so complicated that the person tasked with enforcing the law does not understand it, then it is unreasonable to expect the public to understand or follow it.

View Quote

Sorry, but if you consider this statement in any way controversial, or if it runs counter to your beliefs, then you are on the wrong side of history.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Fucking hell, the arguments against this guy have been literally retarded.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sorry, but if you consider this statement in any way controversial, or if it runs counter to your beliefs, then you are on the wrong side of history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is ABSOLUTELY reasonable to expect the person arresting someone to be able to correctly articulate what they are arresting someone for. If the law is so complicated that the person tasked with enforcing the law does not understand it, then it is unreasonable to expect the public to understand or follow it.

Good thing ignorance of the law is no excuse.*

(Unless you are charged with enforcing it.)
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Journalist my ass

I can't believe you actually posted that with no sense of irony.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn never knew there were so anti-freedom bootlickers here

Attachment Attached File

sad really
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Most reasonable people want the cops doing actual police work that benefits their communities because they're paying taxes for exactly that. They don't expect people (cops) making average wages to be lawyers and don't want to pay the type of person that could be a cop and a lawyer the salary that would be required for that.

If these auditors were people that were interacting with the police indirectly and exposing what some of us might see as police overreach or corruption such as that other Youtuber - Whistlin' Diesel - some of us would support them.

...but actually these auditors are simply timewasters that are getting anti-cop ACAB commies to watch their videos for click revenue. How many additional officers should John-Q public fund so that Mr. Auditor can make a stream of click-revenue videos for your consumption?
View Quote

Since you seem to be worried about wasting time. Imagine if these cops just ignored him and went back to work.

How many lawsuits does "John-Q public" have to pay, before these cops learn it's legal to film in public?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Since you seem to be worried about wasting time. Imagine if these cops just ignored him and went back to work.

How many lawsuits does "John-Q public" have to pay, before these cops learn it's legal to film in public?
View Quote

The problem with the public paying the suits is of course that the officers don't learn from it.  To quote a cop on this board "Civil suits are the cost of doing business."

Each officer that was involved in violating his rights should pay $10k personally.  Word would get around the department real quick.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#23]
We should end all federal, state and local governments/agencies back to only the first 10 amendments and start over.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We should end all federal, state and local governments/agencies back to only the first 10 amendments and start over.
View Quote

Yep. We need slavery back, an unorganized election process, the ability for states to sue each other for fun, citizenship via birth removed, all races can stop voting, but I will give you the 16th
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Mighty fine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Can we all just agree that respect is key. And by that I mean earning and giving respect.

View Quote

It really doesn’t so long as the cops are into earning and giving respect, which from personal observation, third party observation, and personal experience, they have neither the ability nor the desire to do.

The root problem isn’t some annoying twit with a camera. The root problem is a group of people who can, will, and presently do horrible things.  It wasn’t internet twits with cameras shutting down businesses and churches and in general acting like mindless goons during COVID, it was the cops.

Your observations are thoughtless.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Expect nothing less from the NY Peoples Democratic Republic Stasi
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I do.

YouTube is entertainment, not journalism. Even if you start out as a serious journalist, the moment you become a talking head spouting opinion you are not longer a journalist. You’re a pundit or entertainer that stomped all over your journalism degree.
View Quote

Care to point out where in the 1st Amendmant that disticntion is drawn?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Most reasonable people want the cops doing actual police work that benefits their communities because they're paying taxes for exactly that. They don't expect people (cops) making average wages to be lawyers and don't want to pay the type of person that could be a cop and a lawyer the salary that would be required for that.

If these auditors were people that were interacting with the police indirectly and exposing what some of us might see as police overreach or corruption such as that other Youtuber - Whistlin' Diesel - some of us would support them.

...but actually these auditors are simply timewasters that are getting anti-cop ACAB commies to watch their videos for click revenue. How many additional officers should John-Q public fund so that Mr. Auditor can make a stream of click-revenue videos for your consumption?
View Quote

Here's a thought... maybe cops should obey the law and follow the Constitution?  If they did that, would it matter if anyone fimed them?  Would there be any of the clicks you hate so much?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

one can do both at the same time.

by publicizing those transgressions, and any legal results of them, it informs the public so that they may also stand up for their rights and/or lobby their representatives to fix the problem
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm surprised (well not that surprised) at how many people don't know that "the press" in the 1st Amend referrers to "the printing press," ie. the means of distributing information. There was a big shit show around the time of the founding where the crown was restricting who was allowed to own/operate printing presses in order to control what information was spread. The 1st Amend was a direct response to that
View Quote
It's strange how the authors didn't think to use more broad terms to "future proof things"
We think that way because technology changes much faster.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
WTF?!?
He was at the 75th Precinct, which is in BROOKLYN, which is one of the five boroughs which make up NYC.
I don't know what you're good at, but it's clearly not geography.
View Quote
One of the best burns I've read in quite a long time!
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That case deals with government wiretapping of a public phonebooth and has extremely questionable application.  Really has nothing to do with this; in fact, that case references cases that more directly apply such as the following:

"What a person knowingly exposes to the public, even in his own home or office, is not a subject of Fourth Amendment protection. See Lewis v. United States, 385 U. S. 206, 385 U. S. 210; United States v. Lee, 274 U. S. 559, 274 U. S. 563. But what he seeks to preserve as private, even in an area accessible to the public, may be constitutionally protected."

e.g. perhaps people reporting crimes may be protected from silly auditors doing audits for Youtube clicks.
View Quote
some good reading here - https://canons.sog.unc.edu/2022/11/responding-to-first-amendment-audits-is-filming-protected-by-the-first-amendment/
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
without his approx 500k followers and revenue stream, would he likely have the ability to fight these wrongful arrests? or to file these lawsuits?
You are being seemingly one-dimensional in your thinking about this situation.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You know it as well as myself. However the department has yet to get a clue and my point is that the embedded cameras throughout the building/property make the "privacy" argument pretty lame. Hypocritical at the very least.

Regardless the gentleman was engaged in a totally legal activity and the officers were not.
View Quote

Much like most gun control laws ghere are always exceptions/exemptions of some type for cops, if not in letter of the law then how the law is applied
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Most reasonable people want" the government to pass out more free money and handouts
"Most reasonable people want" more government regulation
"Most reasonable people want" to protect the children from gun violence

"Most reasonable people" buy houses and cars that are too expensive. pay too much for worthless degrees. Buy shitty quality products that are terribly unhealthy. Buy inferior Chinese shit because corporations spec out crappy appliances that frequently last under 10 years.

Who are these "most reasonable people" you are referring to? AOC and her followers? BLM? Woke mob? Cancel Culture?

Damn right I expect the people whose job it is to enforce the law to understand it better than 95% of the population.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Journalist my ass
View Quote

Someone has to take the hit, props to him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What is a journalist if lia isn't?
View Quote

My wife was taking a video of a Vulture eating a dead possum with her cell phone yesterday ...... posted it on youtube as well .....

guess that makes her a "journalist" too
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My wife was taking a video of a Vulture eating a dead possum with her cell phone yesterday ...... posted it on youtube as well .....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is James O’Keefe a journalist?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if you could make a more disingenuous comparison if you tried.

Then again the modern connotation of "the press" is very narrow and associated with "journalism".  Which is very different to what "the press" meant when the BoR was written.

Ironic really, as it's the same tactic used by gun control advocates when talking about the 2A and what constitutes "arms".
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

He self-describes himself as a "political activist" .....
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smells like a cop.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#43]
States he was in jail for 15 hours
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Smells like a cop.
View Quote

You think everyone's a cop.

Some of you really need a break from this shit lol
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Expect nothing less from the NY Peoples Democratic Republic Stasi
View Quote

Listen to the oral arguments in Kachalsky.

NYS DA: Your right is to open carry a rifle, so we don't need a pistol permitting scheme for the masses.

Judge: So you can open carry a shotgun in Time Square?

NYS DA: Yes. You will be arrested for it, but that is your right.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only the government should get to decide who is a "journalist" or who is a member of a well regulated Militia that is talked about in the Second Amendment!
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

So…. Journalism depends on being in the employ of a for-profit organization?

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.  Is he a journalist?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smells like a cop.

Majority of the bootlickers on here are LEO.  Lots of threads over the years of people talking about their time as cops.  Not hard to see a large percentage of Arfcom members are LEO.

It's amazing how many members don't give a fuck about the Constitution or Bill of Rights.  They're fucking worse that AOC and the crazy left.

The goal of cops should be to stop fucking violating the fucking laws they're sworn to protect and the Constitution they've sworn to uphold.  Maybe force LawyerUp to change fields because cops aren't consistently violating peoples rights.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top