Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And you'll read the exact opposite about Afghanistan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. Because some of us shoot further than 100 yards.

DMR Garand/1903 at the squad level. Long range engagements are for Machine guns, mortars and arty.

"During the recent Iraq campaign, US Marine riflemen were interviewed about their experiences by after-action interviewers.

Almost all interviewed stated all firefight engagements conducted with small arms (5.56mm guns) occurred in the twenty to thirty (20-30) meter range. Shots over 100m were rare. The maximum range was less than 300m. Of those interviewed, most sniper shots were taken at distances well under 300m, only one greater than 300m (608m during the day). After talking to the leadership from various sniper platoons and individuals, there was not enough confidence in the optical gear (Simrad or AN/PVS-10) to take a night shot under the given conditions at ranges over 300m. Most Marines agreed they would “push” a max range of 200m only. "

http://donaldmsensing.blogspot.com/2003/06/infantry-rifle-combat-distances.html

I agree. And no, neither the M1 or M2 carbine would have been a viable replacement for the Garand.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I thought the Marines were originally issued '03s and '03-A3s and got Garands later in the war.
I also doubt they would bury any functioning rifle.
I do remember reading that there was initially some resistance to changing from a bolt rifle to a new semi-auto, but they got over that resistance quickly when they saw what it could do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My understanding is that the USMC essentially went to the carbine in the later stage of WW2 in PTO. My dad's friend Bud recalled when they replaced their Garands with carbines, and he said they buried the Garands on the island.

I think carbine would be fine in both the PTO and most of ETO. North Africa and Italy are places where I think the Garand might be a better choice, but even so with BARs and sniper rifles in the mix, the carbine would probably do.

I thought the Marines were originally issued '03s and '03-A3s and got Garands later in the war.
I also doubt they would bury any functioning rifle.
I do remember reading that there was initially some resistance to changing from a bolt rifle to a new semi-auto, but they got over that resistance quickly when they saw what it could do.

Early on the Marines used the 03. I don't think they had 03-A3s. IIRC, they received the Garand while they were on Guadacanal. Eventually they mostly switched to the carbine. The US military wasted all kinds of working hardware. I believe Bud said they buried the rifles in a secret place, so no one would be able to retrieve them. But he told me this cerca 1980, and he had been dead for a decade now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The carbine fit in and out of vehicles better and would have allowed troops to carry much more ammo or other things.

Logistically it would have been better than the garand for everything from using less metals to being able to ship/airlift greater numbers due to the much lighter weight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Army should have never replaced the 155mm CQB gun from ww2. Made going room to room much easier.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DMR Garand/1903 at the squad level. Long range engagements are for Machine guns, mortars and arty.

"During the recent Iraq campaign, US Marine riflemen were interviewed about their experiences by after-action interviewers.

Almost all interviewed stated all firefight engagements conducted with small arms (5.56mm guns) occurred in the twenty to thirty (20-30) meter range. Shots over 100m were rare. The maximum range was less than 300m. Of those interviewed, most sniper shots were taken at distances well under 300m, only one greater than 300m (608m during the day). After talking to the leadership from various sniper platoons and individuals, there was not enough confidence in the optical gear (Simrad or AN/PVS-10) to take a night shot under the given conditions at ranges over 300m. Most Marines agreed they would “push” a max range of 200m only. "

True there is allot of suppression and fire in general direction of a non-specific enemy.  But not much really changes when it comes to engagement ranges because most long range small arms fires are done with machine guns.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would say 'No'.  I have both and they are fun to shoot, but the Carbine was never meant to be a main battle rifle.  It was designed, and originally fielded, to give rear echelon troops something more than a pistol, but less than a M1 Garand.  It was a compromise and well suited for its original intention to arm support personnel.  

I've met a few veterans that have used the Carbine in combat and most didn't like it over other choices available to them.  A friend of mine's father was a Korean War Marine and was issued the carbine when he went into combat.  He despises the carbine and called it a toy - even today.  He said that it wouldn't put down an enemy soldier with one shot (had to shoot them too many times).  He also told me that he picked up the first available Garand off a dead Marine and chucked the carbine.  He never used one again.  I'm sure other vets have other experiences and opinions.
View Quote

The carbine produces wounds similar to the 7.62x39 using M43 ammo. That's inferior to .30 M2 ball, but probably sufficient most of the time, and you have the advantage of more ammo and firepower.

I'd prefer the carbine in most combat situations.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't Audie Murphy do most of his killing with a carbine?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

True there is allot of suppression and fire in general direction of a non-specific enemy.  But not much really changes when it comes to engagement ranges because most long range small arms fires are done with machine guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The accuracy requirement for the Garand was 10 shot groups averaging 5.2" @ 100 yards. Your typical Garand was perhaps a 3 moa weapon, but it could be as bad as 5 moa. Throw in the users shooting ability and range estimation skills and the effective range was likely no more then 300 yards typically. That said in "With the Old Breed" it was mentioned that the Marines with Garands would engage at longer distances then those with carbines.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I see that some of the above posters have '' never had a M1 carbine that was reliable''---- my experience is just opposite. In proper condition, a M1 carbine is every bit as reliable as an AR. And, up to 150 yards is just as powerful [ has as much ''stopping power'' as the .223 ],, which is very easy to verify if someone is so inclined. With that said--- I own a LEGAL M2, and have sold my M-16,, keeping the M2. I have been shooting them for over 40 years---do not remember [ or even know ] of a FTF,, or stoppage. I also have an M1 from ''Fulton Armory'' and another worked over by ''Dean's Gun Restoration'' with the Criterion [ read Kreiger ] barrels and they will both shoot all day with my 6920 and LMT ARs. Any body selling the M1--M2 short,, has spent too much time gleaning ''facts'' from the internet. No,, it is not a 500 yard rifle---- I live in the woods of Ms,,, lucky to have a 75 yard shot,,, my M2 will get me by quite nicely,,,, and I have every reason to have every confidence in it. YMMV. [ am I a fan??? Hell yeah ]---tell me where I am going wrong here, I promise I will listen.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably did a bit with a .50 M2, IIRC, but the carbine was a favorit of his. I've read of some other infantry "aces" who loved the carbine. The Germans sure loved it as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Never.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I see that some of the above posters have '' never had a M1 carbine that was reliable''---- my experience is just opposite. In proper condition, a M1 carbine is every bit as reliable as an AR. And, up to 150 yards is just as powerful [ has as much ''stopping power'' as the .223 ],, which is very easy to verify if someone is so inclined. With that said--- I own a LEGAL M2, and have sold my M-16,, keeping the M2. I have been shooting them for over 40 years---do not remember [ or even know ] of a FTF,, or stoppage. I also have an M1 from ''Fulton Armory'' and another worked over by ''Dean's Gun Restoration'' with the Criterion [ read Kreiger ] barrels and they will both shoot all day with my 6920 and LMT ARs. Any body selling the M1--M2 short,, has spent too much time gleaning ''facts'' from the internet. No,, it is not a 500 yard rifle---- I live in the woods of Ms,,, lucky to have a 75 yard shot,,, my M2 will get me by quite nicely,,,, and I have every reason to have every confidence in it. YMMV. [ am I a fan??? Hell yeah ]---tell me where I am going wrong here, I promise I will listen.
View Quote

Terminal performance is very much effected by the specific bullet used, but fragmenting 5.56 has much more wounding potential then any carbine round. That said non-fragmenting 5.56 likely is less effective then the .30.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

yup, and al pacino used it in HEAT
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is +p 10mm higher powered?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only with a higher-powered cartridge, maybe something like a +P 10mm.

No the 30 carbine has more energy than a 44 magnum out of a M1 or M2
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Grandpa loved his Carbine and killed many Japs with it. Not bad for a medical corpman.

View Quote

sadly Sugar Loaf Hill is all but gone now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I bet I can hit/do anything I can do with an M4 with that M1 carbine, fixed stock.
View Quote

Unless you cant hit a target past 150M with your M4 this is just false.  I monthly shoot targets at 600Y with my AR.  If I hit you at 600Y with one of my many carbines it would be because it was your day to die,not because of the weapon.  I own a bunch,I love them.  But they are not a replacement for a rifle, M1 or M4.  Some carbine Pron......

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Terminal performance is very much effected by the specific bullet used, but fragmenting 5.56 has much more wounding potential then any carbine round. That said non-fragmenting 5.56 likely is less effective then the .30.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit, carbine muzzle energy is a joke, Not to mention it has the trajectory of a thrown possum. And yes I have shot and owned several, I would take the Garand any day. .30 carbine is not even legal to hunt whitetails with in most states.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually more like a .357mag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#19]
friend of my father's was a young PL in vietnam.  issued an early M-16, which he hated.  reverted to the M-14, which he also disliked.  finally scrounged a m1 carbine, which loved and carried for the rest of his tour.

amusingly, much as he hated the M-16 he was issued, he's a big fan of the AR platform now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#21]
did you really just advocate a pistol caliber carbine to replace a 30-06 battle rifle?

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
did you really just advocate a pistol caliber carbine to replace a 30-06 battle rifle?

View Quote

What pistol was .30 carbine designed for?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Virtually identical to .357 out of a same length barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually more like a .357mag.

Virtually identical to .357 out of a same length barrel.

A 357 only gets near the 30 carbine  out of a rifle.. The key to the statement I made which is not inaccurate is that out of the carbine the M1 DOES have more energy than a 44.  The 10mm would not out perform it and I own both. I know . So unless you are toting your 357 lever gun into combat the 357 magnum will not be an equal.  M1 has plenty of hitting power within the ranges it is supposed to be used,  its the shitty bullets that are the problem. I have killed several Coyotes off of a tractor with my hand loads using half jackets and its not an issue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Okay, this one made my dick move, no homo. Where does one purchase an M1 Carbine cut down pistol? Anyone know if that is FA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://lzbetty.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/rf003.jpg.jpg

Seems like they were still good enough for nam.

Okay, this one made my dick move, no homo. Where does one purchase an M1 Carbine cut down pistol? Anyone know if that is FA?

cut down M1 carbine ...Iver Johnson "Enforcer" I actually had one for a while back when I lived in a city and before the Glock came out....it was my go to gun with
a bag full of 30round mags with my Colt Officers Model for a backup....that and my shotgun and AR and my Valmet M76

those pics look like fresh VC capture weapons not issue

The one I carried for a while was iirc had a Winchester stamp on it....I brought it back to the base camp areas on a standown and locked it up in my locker
some REMFs came along with bolt cutters and robbed us while we were out in the field and ripped off my M1 Carbine

Which was no biggie especially....

After I got fired on due to my carbines signature by one of our own M60's

Everybody chewed me out over that so I decided to ditch it and go back to my M16

I enjoyed the carbine probably as my dad had one in WW2 and Korea but the M16 was a much better weapon for our AO also the ARVNs carried them as well as the VC
far better to not be mistaken for them by the M60 gunners as I can tell you from personal experience lol

They were probably good weapons for platoon leaders,RTOs and Medics to carry for CQB if the CP got overrun but the M1 would have been a far better weapon for
longer engagements of WWII especially in open country..for close in...heavy jungle....and human wave assaults anything with a high cap mag or belt fed would
be probably a better idea than a bolt action Springfield.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#25]
It's good enough for the kid in Falling Skies.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
On my father's first tour, he carried one.  He hated it, said it was the jammingest piece of shit he ever had to use.  Went to carrying a M-14 from the arms room when he did go on patrols (Radio Operator).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

On my father's first tour, he carried one.  He hated it, said it was the jammingest piece of shit he ever had to use.  Went to carrying a M-14 from the arms room when he did go on patrols (Radio Operator).

Dad used one in Korea. Love it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I want to believe that that photo was staged for the camera, perhaps by a REMF.

I served with Combat vets from that era, and I seriously doubt they would have stepped foot outside the wire with all that bling.

They damn sure wouldn't let ME go out like that, even for training. They woulda been all up in the young privates ass.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I served with Combat vets from that era, and I seriously doubt they would have stepped foot outside the wire with all that bling.

They damn sure wouldn't let ME go out like that, even for training. They woulda been all up in the young privates ass.....

The first pic, and another later on with the M3, is of a Tunnel Rat.  His carbine is chopped for use in the tunnels around Cu Chi.

The second pic is of an Army advisor early in Vietnam.  Subdued rank, name tape, and patches didn't come out until much later in the war.

So no, no REMFs there.  Badasses, yes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Hell No! the M1 carbine is a great gun but what are you going to do if your target is over 200 yds away
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The first pic, and another later on with the M3, is of a Tunnel Rat.  His carbine is chopped for use in the tunnels around Cu Chi.

The second pic is of an Army advisor early in Vietnam.  Subdued rank, name tape, and patches didn't come out until much later in the war.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given the AO and the massive and ancient tunnels around Cu Chi that would have been a good choice for a tunnel rat....the grease gun ...only handled one...one time...
I may have had a bad example but did not like it too heavy and I could'nt hit shit with it....

And yep that captain looks like a MACV advisor with his ARVNs and he would carry what they carried although he was wearing jungle fatigues that were later issue
not sure when the subdued rank insignia came out can't see if he had on stateside issue combat boots or Corcoran jump boots or jungle boots that were also later issue
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I like the carbine but even in urban combat it's not going to have the penetration through objects that the garand had.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I always thought that I would use an M1 Carbine for home defense if I lived in a state that didn't trust me with my AR-15s. I still want to Form 1 SBR either a Blue Skies import or AO/Kahr Arms M1A1. That's four or five projects down the list...but with some of the pics in this thread.....hmmmmmmm.....

RC
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#32]
No.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Given the AO and the massive and ancient tunnels around Cu Chi that would have been a good choice for a tunnel rat....the grease gun ...only handled one...one time...
I may have had a bad example but did not like it too heavy and I could'nt hit shit with it....

The Greasegun was an accurate and reliable subgun.  Moreso than any Thompson.  I've shot one, and enjoyed it.  Its my second favorite smg of WW2. SFOD-D used greasers as their first smgs, ntil they got mp5s.

And yep that captain looks like a MACV advisor with his ARVNs and he would carry what they carried although he was wearing jungle fatigues that were later issue
not sure when the subdued rank insignia came out can't see if he had on stateside issue combat boots or Corcoran jump boots or jungle boots that were also later issue

Article published June 1964.  Those are the very early utilities that werent well received.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Greasegun was an accurate and reliable subgun.  Moreso than any Thompson.  I've shot one, and enjoyed it.  Its my second favorite smg of WW2. SFOD-D used greasers as their first smgs, ntil they got mp5s.

Article published June 1964.  Those are the very early utilities that werent well received.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

pistol caliber velocities and trajectories. also, show me a practical 30-60 one of these....

or this...

\

or this..

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pistol caliber velocities and trajectories. also, show me a practical 30-60 one of these....

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/attachments/m1-carbine/43187d1313725906-30-cal-carbine-cartridge-%25rugerblackhawk-30.jpg

or this...
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/OldGunAds/KimbalArms_ARfeb1956.JPG

or this..

http://www.bigboomstick.com/guns/images/automagIII.jpg

Yeah, those are pistols designed to fire .30 carbine long after the fact.  It was designed as a rifle round.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yeah, those are pistols designed to fire .30 carbine long after the fact.  It was designed as a rifle round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/attachments/m1-carbine/43187d1313725906-30-cal-carbine-cartridge-%25rugerblackhawk-30.jpg

or this...

or this..

my premise still stands as it is widely accepted as a round with pistol caliber characteristics and is unsuitable for true rifle applications. in other words, designing it as a "rifle round" doesn't make it one. it has to ACT like a rifle round. it has to PERFORM like a rifle round. so let me ask you. is simply calling it a rifle round or saying it was "designed" as a rifle round enough? so i should expect this "rifle" round to be able to defeat body armor or even ww2 helmets at 600yrds because it says "rifle round" or "carbine" on the box?

Thanks for playing....Its still a pistol round....
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
my premise still stands as it is widely accepted as a round with pistol caliber characteristics and is unsuitable for true rifle applications. in other words, designing it as a "rifle round" doesn't make it one. it has to ACT like a rifle round. it has to PERFORM like a rifle round. so let me ask you. is simply calling it a rifle round or saying it was "designed" as a rifle round enough? so i should expect this "rifle" round to be able to defeat body armor or even ww2 helmets at 600yrds because it says "rifle round" or "carbine" on the box?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or this...

or this..

What are "true rifle round characteristics?"  .30 carbine was designed for a rifle, and is a rifle round.  Is 7.63 x 39 mm not a rifle round either?

To be a true rifle/round it has to weigh twice as much with ammo weighing twice as much and have the capability of taking shots the average infantry soldier won't take and can't make?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#39]
For the record, .30Carbine can defeat Level 3A body armor with JSPs and FMJs. With a JSP, its temporary stretch cavity is the size of a .357mag's TSC, but the .30Carbine can actually take advantage of the TSC where as the .357mag cannot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:55:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think it depends on who carried it. My Uncle was in the 1st Marine Radio Battalion in Nam with time in country from 68-70 IIRC.
He used everything from his M16, a 12g shotgun, a Tommy gun and a grease gun. He said he hated the grease gun and that i"it sucked" which is funny because I never heard him talk like that before.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I think it depends on who carried it. My Uncle was in the 1st Marine Radio Battalion in Nam with time in country from 68-70 IIRC.
He used everything from his M16, a 12g shotgun, a Tommy gun and a grease gun. He said he hated the grease gun and that i"it sucked" which is funny because I never heard him talk like that before.
View Quote

The Army still issued the Grease Gun when I was in. I honestly preferred the M16 even though the grease gun is much more compact and fit inside a Sheridan nicely, Yes it is reliable and will work every time you pull the trigger and it shoot nice and slow so its controllable but its not all that accurate really.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hell No! the M1 carbine is a great gun but what are you going to do if your target is over 200 yds away
View Quote

Use harsh language?

Or possible MGs, Mortars, DMRs, Arty....you know other stuff.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I like the carbine but even in urban combat it's not going to have the penetration through objects that the garand had.
View Quote

Neither does the AR...not sure what your point is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#44]
I fired an M2 once on full auto.  It was very controllable.

I would have picked one over a Garand.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#45]
During WW2 the military realized that you couldn't use one weapon to fill every need. Now days the military believes the M-16 can be modified to fill need, and it can't.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#46]
My grandfather said that the M2 and the 30 round mags jammed on them a fair amount in Korea. He gave up on the M2.

He only used the M1 carbine if they were doing something that needed people to be quiet. He normally carried an M1 Garand.
No complaints about reliability with those two.

Said the BAR was better than everything that wasnt belt fed though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#47]
A good friend of mine spent 3 combat tours in VN. First one was advisor to ARVN units. He carried the M2 carbine exclusively that tour (1963-64). He says it is an excellent jungle weapon and was ideal for the much smaller ARVN soldiers. He told me it is plenty lethal inside 150 yards, but it was only reliable in FA fire when using 15 rd. magazines. He said even the best USGI 30 rd. mags were regarded with suspicion. On the other hand, he said some ARVN's were armed with M1 carbines, and as long as the 30 rd. mag was not damaged, the semi-auto M1's were OK using the 30 rounders. It is his opinion that the USGI 30 rd. mag springs were not strong enough to allow consistent feeding when fired full auto.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I carried a captured one my buddy killed a VC to get....gave it up and went back to the M-16 due to drawing friendly fire from an M-60
View Quote

Sure you aren't thinking of an AK?

It seems that a lot of ARVN troops had M1 Carbines, so why would that draw friendly fire?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The M1 Carbine with standard military ball ammo was almost, but not quite, one of the original assault rifles. The round was too pistol-like to make the grade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't stop the Norks and the Chinese, did it?

That would be because it is a myth. Lots of bad guys get shot with 5.56 and keep on fighting.

The M1 Carbine with standard military ball ammo was almost, but not quite, one of the original assault rifles. The round was too pistol-like to make the grade.

M2, yeah.  M1, not so much as it was semi.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah, Posers.

<a href="http://s127.photobucket.com/user/rock711/media/aai_zps4560e3cf.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/rock711/aai_zps4560e3cf.gif</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I Combat vets from that era, and I seriously doubt they would have stepped foot outside the wire with all that bling.

Yeah, Posers.

<a href="http://s127.photobucket.com/user/rock711/media/aai_zps4560e3cf.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/rock711/aai_zps4560e3cf.gif</a>

Your photo is WWII.  He is talking about 'nam and bling.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top