BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

See all that shit in bold up there... those are unjust laws.

Compromising by putting a lame plastic dingus thing on your rifle instead of a much nicer functional buttstock lets you comply with those unjust laws.  If you have a brace on a pistol, and you're not a disabled person requiring the brace to actually shoot your gun, then you're are doing it to comply with an unjust law.  Period.  I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.   And it's all shades of grey.  Brace owners already  lick at the bootheels of tyranny to comply with unjust laws... so they don't get to call others nasty names just because others are nibbling on the shoelaces higher up on the boot by wanting take advantage of a free stamp, or fill out form 20's to cross state lines, or pay 20k for a machinegun instead of just drilling a 3rd hole while screaming "fuck da police".  There's a word for that: hypocrisy.
View Quote

LOL....
You still don't get it.  

You think "brace" = "pistol"  don't you?   I noticed you said "on a rifle".  Wrong.

My pistol is a pistol....brace or not.   I'm keeping my braces on my pistol because I paid for them.   And no, the difference between some braces and a buttstock is not that great.  But the difference between pistol laws and rifle laws (in my state) are huge.  And the difference between a non-NFA weapon and an NFA weapon is off the charts.

If you want to argue that any gun laws are unjust, have at it.....but why REGISTER your weapons to unjust gun laws?

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I hope this is a legit account and you do return with positive info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a major effort going on right now to fight this. The industry is not just taking this on the chin quietly.

If there are any updates I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks,
Jamin

I’m pretty sure than name Jamin and Palmetto State Armory go together....

Jamin Macullum is founder and CEO.
JJE is the parent company.

Could still be a troll...
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
So, CMMG is still selling Pistols with braces, as well as SBR's.... Am I missing something?

https://cmmginc.com/product-category/banshee/?orderby=popularity

Edit, I see they have a approval letter.... HERE
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, CMMG is still selling Pistols with braces, as well as SBR's.... Am I missing something?

https://cmmginc.com/product-category/banshee/?orderby=popularity

Edit, I see they have a approval letter.... HERE
View Quote

just a matter of time before they get in trouble with products like this.  the new guidance is vague, but i will go out on a limb and say that this is a fucking SBR.
.308 pistol model. 12.5 inch barrel at almost 8lbs.

and their approval letter is worthless imo.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

just a matter of time before they get in trouble with products like this.  the new guidance is vague, but i will go out on a limb and say that this is a fucking SBR.

https://cmmginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/38A925B_2-2.jpg
View Quote

Hmm, looks like a pistol to me.

If only there were some sort of statute that defined which is which and how we could differentiate them. An actual statute, not an executive branch agency's "opinion" that changed with the direction of the wind.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And based on their letter, they say that if your braced pistol  is “too heavy,” or has an inappropriate attachment, it MIGHT actually be an SBR.

Who makes that amorphous determination?
View Quote

I have no idea how you can decide what is an acceptable walrus, versus an unacceptable walrus.  Either way it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, therefore it is illegitimate.

It frankly is no different than outlawing certain colors.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Who says some cripple can’t steady a 20 pound braced rifle one armed on a sandbag and shoot it. Ambiguous letter is ambiguous and bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If only there were some sort of statute that defined which is which and how we could differentiate them. An actual statute, not an executive branch agency's "opinion" that changed with the direction of the wind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be so helpful! A concrete set of criteria. They could enter it into US Code and call it the "national act of firearms" or something.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You know when you fill out a Form 4, you're required to give one of the forms (that you filled out in triplicate) to one of several approved local or state authorities, right?  Assuming you comply with the law, your local authorities ALREADY know you have extra-evil guns.
View Quote

IIRC, there was at least one case where someone tried to do a deep dive into NFA numbers/registration, but got told to fuck off as that was confidential tax information.

I did forget about the CLEO notification and signoff though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#12]
nice .308 pistol you have there sir.

may i please ask if you are concerned it may be a SBR?

why no friend, ATF is giving me no guidance.

what is the eye relief on that scope?  well friend, i think about 3 inches and works great on this pistol.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

True. Point taken. But the line must be drawn somewhere.

Do you agree with my second statement? Complying will show them "you can keep it if you register it" works. They wont stop there.

I don't even have a brace, btw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yah well, you're still complying to an unjust law.

Let's be honest here. If you have a brace on a pistol, you're already complying with an unjust law.

Do you agree with my second statement? Complying will show them "you can keep it if you register it" works. They wont stop there.

I don't really think that it is a registration deal as much as it is closing a "loophole" of sorts. The ATF's mistake was letting it go for as long as they did. By the time the SBA4 brace hit the market, it was essentially an M4 buttstock with a slit to allow it to supposedly fit over a forearm. The straw that broke the camel's back were all the firearm channels on YouTube blatantly showing them being shouldered like an SBR. Social media finally did them in. You can't rub a loophole in the government's face and not expect retaliation. The ATF is now saying that you can either remove the brace and fire the pistol unshouldered as it was designed, or register it for free as the SBR that it really is.

And, yes, as a multiple brace owner, I'm affected by this proposal. But my opposition to this proposal is more than simply a brace issue -- I'm opposed to the  entire NFA. If the government didn't restrict SBR's, then this whole brace issue would be moot.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Free stamps Braces are knee pads so pistol owners can publicly kneel and legitimize what they are doing.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ah, so another consideration for me is state law based. I have an adapter and a brace for my G20.  I can legally hunt with a handgun chambered in a listed caliber (10mm is one of them) in New Hampshire, including in towns deemed "shotgun only."  That meant I could use my braced G20, but now if my G20 with the brace installed is considered a Short Barreled Rifle with a wave of ATFs shitty magic wand, I lose that option.

This is a mess.
View Quote

Can't you still hunt with a brace-less G20?

My .300 Blackout pistol is legal for deer. A rifle in .300 Blackout is also legal. But, even though ownership of an SBR is legal in Indiana, they are prohibited for deer. My only choices if I want to continue deer hunting with it are to remove the brace  or increase the barrel length from 8.5" to 16". The whole point of me going the pistol route was to not have a mile long firearm when my suppressor is threaded on. A suppressed 8.5" barrel is the same length as an unsuppressed 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Free stamps Braces are knee pads so pistol owners can publicly kneel and legitimize what they are doing.

Fixed it for you.

No, he was right the first time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, he was right the first time.
View Quote

Put a buttstock on your pistol if you aren't kneeling.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#18]
"but it hurts when i shoot it this way"

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#21]
nice PISTOL. no worry here. i just sent off a letter to ATF for approval.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
brownells is not scared. @brownells  .  atf would consider brownells data base of customers the mother load.

pistol WITH adjustable length brace.

even with a front page banner ad/link.

heck, at least they offer a 100% return policy. would they take it back 3 months from now after you play with it, if it gets evaluated as illegal? i bet they would.

weight factor?
adjustable length of pull factor?
caliber factor?

geissele, i bet never submitted it for evaluation.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/super-duty-pistol-10-3-5-56mm-prod137305.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=GEISSELE%2bAUTOMATICS%2bLLC&avs%7cSpecial-Filters_1=In%2bStock

https://cdn-fsly.yottaa.net/53ff2f503c881650e20004c9/www.brownells.com/v~4b.111/userdocs/products/p_100900030_2.jpg?yocs=p_
View Quote

Are you trolling?

I haven't gotten caught up past your post here but did you watch the video at the time segment I replied to you with yet? FATF WASN'T EVALUATING THEM AND WASN'T REALLY GIVING ANYONE CLEAR GUIDANCE. After 2018, FATF shopped working with manufacturers. Savvy?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you trolling?

I haven't gotten caught up past your post here but did you watch the video at the time segment I replied to you with yet? FATF WASN'T EVALUATING THEM AND WASN'T REALLY GIVING ANYONE CLEAR GUIDANCE. After 2018, FATF shopped working with manufacturers. Savvy?
View Quote

just adding a little humor to an absurd policy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There is a major effort going on right now to fight this. The industry is not just taking this on the chin quietly.

Thanks,
Jamin
View Quote

That's a very good point.

For the thread...
https://www.fracaction.org/
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't really think that it is a registration deal as much as it is closing a "loophole" of sorts. The ATF's mistake was letting it go for as long as they did. By the time the SBA4 brace hit the market, it was essentially an M4 buttstock with a slit to allow it to supposedly fit over a forearm. The straw that broke the camel's back were all the firearm channels on YouTube blatantly showing them being shouldered like an SBR. Social media finally did them in. You can't rub a loophole in the government's face and not expect retaliation. The ATF is now saying that you can either remove the brace and fire the pistol unshouldered as it was designed, or register it for free as the SBR that it really is.

And, yes, as a multiple brace owner, I'm affected by this proposal. But my opposition to this proposal is more than simply a brace issue -- I'm opposed to the  entire NFA. If the government didn't restrict SBR's, then this whole brace issue would be moot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yah well, you're still complying to an unjust law.

Let's be honest here. If you have a brace on a pistol, you're already complying with an unjust law.

Stop trying to lay some blame on free people when the blame 100% sits on the shoulders of a tyrannical government. You keep trying this bullshit here. It gets old quick.

Braces on pistols were A-OKAY so people were using them daily. No need to hide. That's a ridiculous argument you are foisting. On second thought, you might be projecting... You think braces are some "loophole" and tee-hee you are getting one over on mommy government. For us grown-ups, it doesn't work like that. FATF approved the braces so we use them. Full stop.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you trolling?

We agree, it is an absurd policy.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Stop trying to lay some blame on free people when the blame 100% sits on the shoulders of a tyrannical government. You keep trying this bullshit here. It gets old quick.

Braces on pistols were A-OKAY so people were using them daily. No need to hide. That's a ridiculous argument you are foisting. On second thought, you might be projecting... You think braces are some "loophole" and tee-hee you are getting one over on mommy government. For us grown-ups, it doesn't work like that. FATF approved the braces so we use them. Full stop.
View Quote

Yeah, you certainly told me. I guess I'd better crawl back into my mother's basement and have her make me a sandwich.

I've lived through the 1968 GCA, the Hughes Amendment of 1986, the Import Ban of 1989, the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993, the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994-2004, and the bumpstock fiasco. I've abided by the 1934 National Firearms Act numerous times. I'm sure I'll survive this one, too. I'm of the age where I don't give a shit if the government knows every single firearm I own. It doesn't make confiscating them from me any easier for them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
nice .308 pistol you have there sir.

may i please ask if you are concerned it may be a SBR?

why no friend, ATF is giving me no guidance.

what is the eye relief on that scope?  well friend, i think about 3 inches and works great on this pistol.

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2020/04/springfield-victor-pistol-test-lead.jpg
View Quote

Even if you have a scope on the pistol, why can't you hold the brace against your cheek to fire it without shouldering?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Someone show me the hole in my logic. I'm already on their SBR list x10.  Why would I not take one more entry, this time free?

Also, once you SBR one of these "arm brace bois," can you slap a real stock on it, since it's an SBR now?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

If that was a rifle it wouldn’t have that silly looking thing on the left end of it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Jamin

If it's who I think it is and isn't a troll account, it gives me hope.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Someone show me the hole in my logic. I'm already on their SBR list x10.  Why would I not take one entry, this time free?

Also, once you SBR one of these "arm brace bois," can you slap a real stock on it, since it's an SBR now?
View Quote

That is an excellent question.  I would guess the answer is yes,  then again it’s the ATF.  They’d probably say no
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Jamin

I said it earlier.  Jamin is founder and CEO of PSA. JJE is the parent company of PSA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#38]
So any non-rifle lower can be made into an sbr for free? What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah, you certainly told me. I guess I'd better crawl back into my mother's basement and have her make me a sandwich.

I've lived through the 1968 GCA, the Hughes Amendment of 1986, the Import Ban of 1989, the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993, the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994-2004, and the bumpstock fiasco. I've abided by the 1934 National Firearms Act numerous times. I'm sure I'll survive this one, too. I'm of the age where I don't give a shit if the government knows every single firearm I own. It doesn't make confiscating them from me any easier for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy deflection, Batman!

Your reply has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I wrote.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Funny thing about the people own pistol braced firearms. Majority of them dont know gun laws or the first thing about NFA. These guns were sold right along side ever other gun on the rack.

Theres going to be a ton of people who'll never get the word on this.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Over 26" should be a "other" but who the fuck knows, they'll probably change their mind about that too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Someone show me the hole in my logic. I'm already on their SBR list x10.  Why would I not take one entry, this time free?

View Quote

Easy...
BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

Why voluntarily register anything if you don't have to?  

As for the rest of your question, no one knows yet.  Is it an SBR stamp where it SBR'sd pistol, and you can remove the brace/stock and retain pistol status?....or.....is it purely an SBR and by taking the free stamp you are admitting that it always WAS an SBR and never a pistol....thus no pistol status?    My guess is the latter.   F that noise.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Easy...
BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

Why voluntarily register anything if you don't have to?  

As for the rest of your question, no one knows yet.  Is it an SBR stamp where it SBR'sd pistol, and you can remove the brace/stock and retain pistol status?....or.....is it purely an SBR and by taking the free stamp you are admitting that it always WAS an SBR and never a pistol....thus no pistol status?    My guess is the latter.   F that noise.
View Quote

The second thing you suggested doesn’t exist. So go ahead and count that one out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#44]
If I'm reading correctly, it's based on your physical characteristics.  If you're weak and can't support the gun with one arm, it's an SBR.  Are your arms too long or too short?  The brace has to fit your forearm or it's an SBR.

Sounds stupid.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Someone show me the hole in my logic. I'm already on their SBR list x10.  Why would I not take one more entry, this time free?

View Quote

What about the people in non NFA friendly states?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#46]

ATF will say don't skip hand day. Your cell mate will pump you up.
Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What about the people in non NFA friendly states?
View Quote

Move to America? Lol I’m not asking about you, mang.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The second thing you suggested doesn’t exist. So go ahead and count that one out.
View Quote

Not sure what you mean.
Take a stripped lower (Other on your 4473), build it into a RIFLE first (short barrel or not)....it is a rifle forever.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks,
Jamin
View Quote

Good to hear.
I'm pretty sure the entire industry is taking note.  A lot of companies sell braced pistols.  

ATF gonna get their s*^% pushed in.  This "letter" was hot garbage.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not sure what you mean.
Take a stripped lower (Other on your 4473), build it into a RIFLE first (short barrel or not)....it is a rifle forever.  

View Quote

That’s not what you said. You said SBR. If I take one of my SBRs out of its NFA configuration, it’s no longer an SBR until I build it back.
Now you’re talking about Title 1 classifications. That’s a completely different cup of tea.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top