Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
PRS BlasterAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
MOA is like your retarded step-cousin.  Sure she's ugly and terrible at everything

but we've all used her
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
MOA is like your retarded step-cousin.  Sure she's ugly and terrible at everything

but we've all used her
View Quote

Muh radians

I'm going to make a scope in furlongs
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Spotter: “You’re about 7 inches high and 2.5 inches left at 500 yards”.

Mil users: “Cool. Can you hand me my calculator?”

MOA users: “Hit.”

But really Mils is just relearning. I’m just stubborn and when things are called in inches it’s easier for me to not do any mathing. I really don’t see an issue with either.
View Quote

Why wouldn't they have a reticle in their spotting scope?

Then the the reticle in the spotting scope could be used like a ruler to measure instead of taking wild ass guesses at how far the impacts were off?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Muh radians

I'm going to make a scope in furlongs
View Quote
Lets do one in degrees.  

Each click can be 0.005 degrees and we can use really, really sensitive compass's to dial in adjustments.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lets do one in degrees.  

Each click can be 0.005 degrees and we can use really, really sensitive compass's to dial in adjustments.
View Quote

Scaled down Excalibur.

Guided bullets
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
@AKSnowRider can you tell me about those crazy bronze pelt bullets?

I'm referring to the ones (as I recall):
- Very effective
- Very accurate
- I think just one giant piece of lathed brass
- For pelts
- They stopped making them because people found out they were.... interesting
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@AKSnowRider can you tell me about those crazy bronze pelt bullets?

I'm referring to the ones (as I recall):
- Very effective
- Very accurate
- I think just one giant piece of lathed brass
- For pelts
- They stopped making them because people found out they were.... interesting
View Quote

These...

Attachment Attached File

They are Barnes brass, smallest is 110 grains, largest is 220 grains, all 30 cal... they work good on fur bearers...
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think people arguing one way or the other should post their rifles... for science

I'll start

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481792/Screenshot_20230304-094434_Gallery_jpg-2733530.JPG
View Quote

Sometimes, you just use what you use. Like when you have mis-matched turrets and shitty coffee, but it’s ok, because you still get paid.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I much prefer MOA since I'm an American and God fearing. However, I can operate in any system since I have a brain. I do have a mil scope since it was about $300 cheaper than the MOA version and a crazy deal. That's how they get you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No. Both the format of this correction and the actual numbers give away that you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

I would just come down and right about half a target. Maybe 1/4 target, depending on what it is.

Imapact.

Fantasy.

But really Mils is just relearning. I’m just stubborn and when things are called in inches it’s easier for me to not do any mathing. I really don’t see an issue with either.

The only thing about this entire post that's true. Anyway, my next post will include a graphic explanation of how mills would actually be used.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I prefer MOA, because I am lazy and the mental math is easier for me to do.
Plus I don't shoot at really long ranges, FFP and MOA for the lazy in you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ummm… you know this is a whiskers shit posting thread. What is or isn’t is doesn’t matter.

Honestly a MOA tremor would work just as well. Ranging with the reticle is some 1970’s boomer shit. With a laser range finder and a ballistic calculator the units are pretty irrelevant.
View Quote

until the batteries in your range finder die or you break it on some rocks climbing up to get a shot at that 400" elk across the canyon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Alright so let's say I decide a target is 500 yards away and I need to account for 15 mph wind, right to left. I look at my ballistic calculator and it tells me I need 3.3 mils up and 2.4 mils to the right. I dial the elevation, and hold like this:

Attachment Attached File

Well, let's say I'm wrong. A spotter that is helping me would say:

"Youre half a mil high, half a mil left"

All I do is change my sight picture to:

Attachment Attached File

Impact.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No. Both the format of this correction and the actual numbers give away that you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

I would just come down and right about half a target. Maybe 1/4 target, depending on what it is.

Imapact.

Fantasy.

The only thing about this entire post that's true. Anyway, my next post will include a graphic explanation of how mills would actually be used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imapact.

Fantasy.

Bro my first time shooting to 800 was at Keystone and that's how my spotter called.

Look i get you have your match system set up, and it's the standard, and that's the language.

But that's unironically how bros spotted for me and it worked.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bro my first time shooting to 800 was at Keystone and that's how my spotter called.

Look i get you have your match system set up, and it's the standard, and that's the language.

View Quote

There's wheel chair ramps in front of restaurants too but people who aren't handicapped just walk up the stairs.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Calling that way works for course corrections, and your correction is to hold the opposite of where he said you impacted (even though you shpuld hold more to try and get a center impact)... not figure out in MOA the correction and then dial, or find and hold it in the reticle... thats just Kentucky windage. The original scenario, where someone factors their measurement system into it is non-real scenario
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There's wheel chair ramps in front of restaurants too but people who aren't handicapped just walk up the stairs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro your weeb friend beitodesstrafe did it with a mis match shitpost rifle in a color actually named tactical grape with an acog that I don't think was even sighted in. That was fun.

Your mil ramblings are gay.

Also the kestrel is not tactically dynamic

I would come to ur PRS matches with HE but I don't have my license. And you'll be like "MUH STRELOK SAYS 6.5 MILS"

And I'll be like lmao check out this m203 hahaha ha THOOOOOMP
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Calling that way works for course corrections, and your correction is to hold the opposite of where he said you impacted... not figure out in MOA the correction and then dial, or find and hold it in the reticle... thats just Kentucky windage. The original scenario, where someone factors their measurement system into it is non-real scenario
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calling that way works for course corrections, and your correction is to hold the opposite of where he said you impacted... not figure out in MOA the correction and then dial, or find and hold it in the reticle... thats just Kentucky windage. The original scenario, where someone factors their measurement system into it is non-real scenario

I was about to bring up you could do that with a scope marked in anything
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was about to bring up you could do that with a scope marked in anything
View Quote

100%... he wasnt arguing for mils... hes arguing against someone saying you were off by X inches... then translating it to your scopes measurements
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

until the batteries in your range finder die or you break it on some rocks climbing up to get a shot at that 400" elk across the canyon.
View Quote

Are you trying to say a shot at 400 yards on an elk?

Yeah I'm just not going to take a shot at a live animal past 300 yards with a range estimate that has the amount of error you get ranging with a scope. Moa, mils, doesn't matter. You have the same problem, which is you don't know the actual size of the elk. You're just guessing. The trig problem is pretty easy, but if you are straight guessing the base of the triangle, it doesn't matter what units you measure the angle in, the height is really just a guess too.

Taking shots like that is irresponsible.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bro your weeb friend beitodesstrafe did it with a mis match shitpost rifle in a color actually named tactical grape with an acog that I don't think was even sighted in. That was fun.

I would come to ur PRS matches with HE but I don't have my license. And you'll be like "MUH STRELOK SAYS 6.5 MILS"

View Quote

Your 203 can't reach any of the targets Drew puts out for the PRS matches at Bill's.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Your 203 can't reach any of the targets Drew puts out for the PRS matches at Bill's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

>swaps out m203 for some sort of naval auto cannon
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Nothing personal kid
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also who cares if I hit 1000yds if I explode stuff
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is it that much trouble to write down the subtensions if what you plan to shoot ahead of time?   Not like you’ll have time to whip out a calculator anyway and as you see in the below example. You’ll need a basic calculator.

mils are 3.6” per 100 yards you can easily figure sizer based off that.  Each 18” or 1.5’ is 5 mils at 100 precisely Example:

72” (6’ tall person) is 20 mils at 100 yards (2 mils at 1000 yards).
yards times mils = 2000 for man size target

This isn’t any harder than MOA.  If your 72” man target subtends 30 MOA how many yards is that?  The formula is 7200 = yards times MOA

Also are you using true MOA or shooters MOA. That’s a 4.7% difference as 1 try MOA is not 1” at 100 yards.

If I’m doing a quick zero at 100 yards with MIL. Using 3 clicks per inch is an 8% error (1.08” 3 tenth mil clicks at 100). Not much more than the 4.7% error in MOA
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because if you shoot a 203 at a target 1000 yards away the rounds will land about 550 yards short. The kill radius of a HEDP round is only 5.5 yards, and that's optimistic.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I can make to to Keystone which is iffy this year for me, and you bring some metal I will let you use one of my Firepens and melt stuff.

I don't think you will stop caring about mathematical calculations but I think you will have a better understanding of my position.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Because if you shoot a 203 at a target 1000 yards away the rounds will land about 550 yards short. The kill radius of a HEDP round is only 5.5 yards, and that's optimistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you not see the naval cannon
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you denying that an explosion will occur sir
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm denying that it will be impressive. 40mm grenades dont do shit.

Now, if its a 40mm Bofors that is a whole different affair.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay right but I am discussing bringing both and you're talking about like miliradians
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#34]
My naval gun will be in MOA because it doesn't matter to a computer
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Of course MOA is better. How else does your gun shoot sub 1”MOA? I see it on gun boards and in reviews on Fuddway USA so that must be how they are doing it. Probably used it in the sandbox too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am only 290 pounds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But a 300lb basement dwelling neckbeard said metric is for losers

I am only 290 pounds

Dynamic tank of an operator you are
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#38]

What calibre is that?

Looks hot.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But a 300lb basement dwelling neckbeard said metric is for losers

I am only 290 pounds

Yeah when we go operational it is pretty non permissive
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Pennsyltucky windage FTW!
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Pennsyltucky windage FTW!
View Quote

Based
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Yep. Right there. Operator AF.

MOA is for overweight deer-camp Fuddleys.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nothing personal pal
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What calibre is that?

Looks hot.
View All Quotes

6 Dasher
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Okay right but I am discussing bringing both and you're talking about like miliradians
View Quote

I'm more concerned about your schedule and about how you are iffy for coming to keystone. I will be sad.

I just spent six weeks in a row in the oil field. I'm about to spend another six weeks in a row there. I'm doing this in order to move to the team that will be on days off when keystone happens. Coincidentally that should put me on days off for East too. And I already got verbal approval to swap whatever days I need to go to Classic.

Oh, those three events, in that order, are my top 3 scheduling priorities for the year.

And I'm bringing my gamer gun to East this year. Maybe I will actually be able to find more than half my targets.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#47]
MILS all the way.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#48]
In true GD fashion.
Get Both.  
i asked god
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm more concerned about your schedule and about how you are iffy for coming to keystone. I will be sad.

I just spent six weeks in a row in the oil field. I'm about to spend another six weeks in a row there. I'm doing this in order to move to the team that will be on days off when keystone happens. Coincidentally that should put me on days off for East too. And I already got verbal approval to swap whatever days I need to go to Classic.

Oh, those three events, in that order, are my top 3 scheduling priorities for the year.

And I'm bringing my gamer gun to East this year. Maybe I will actually be able to find more than half my targets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New job. Good job. We will see.

So far I've made every Keystone.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nonsense.

The spotter has a mil reticle too and calls out the miss correction in mils.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top