Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread reminds me that I really need to find a low profile rail mount so I can throw a red dot on my RS
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
A pic of one of mine right after refinishing...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread reminds me that I really need to find a low profile rail mount so I can throw a red dot on my RS
View Quote
@Blind_Squirrel
No personal experience, but I was looking at this one today. Also gives you an MLOK slot for an additional accessory:

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-mp5ktr.htm

Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]
SP5K in the middle. I have a couple of thousand rounds through it already. It runs like a top, and I couldn't be happier. Anyone will get out of their vehicle with an AK or an AR, but when someone gets out with an MP5, you know that motherfucker means business.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#5]
My Zenith Z-5RS with some extra goodies attached. Planning on SBRing and suppressing it eventually.

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Pre-ban and compliant:

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#9]
@mstennes

I borrowed the photo of PSA's clone at SHOT show, which you posted in the GD thread about PSA.  Not sure if it's your photo, borrowed photo or whatever:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@mstennes

I borrowed the photo of PSA's clone at SHOT show, which you posted in the GD thread about PSA.  Not sure if it's your photo, borrowed photo or whatever:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/417478/image-430929.JPG
View Quote
It took me a while to notice there was a firearm in this pic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It took me a while to notice there was a firearm in this pic.
View Quote
???.   I have no idea what you are talking about.

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The FBI had some issues with their 10mm MP5s. The cartridge is just slightly more than what the gun can reliably handle. Supposedly anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll buy after the general consensus is in.

I'll doubly buy one if they come in 10mm
The FBI had some issues with their 10mm MP5s. The cartridge is just slightly more than what the gun can reliably handle. Supposedly anyway.
MP5's are already maintenance intensive over time in 9mm.(Armorer/gunsmith level, not user. It's labor-intensive, and requires skilled labor at that, but they keep on chugging. Henderson has had the same experience with them that I've seen in arms rooms)

10mm is much, much harder on the design.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

MP5's are already maintenance intensive over time in 9mm.(Armorer/gunsmith level, not user. It's labor-intensive, and requires skilled labor at that, but they keep on chugging. Henderson has had the same experience with them that I've seen in arms rooms)

View Quote
Care to elaborate? Since most of the firearm is generally welded together/pinned in, the only issues with wear over the life should be the headspace changing as it wears in, a set of rollers and rechecking headspace isnt armorer level stuff. Until its completely worn out, then i'd say you get into armorer level when you need to rebarrel.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
An AR15 is more maintenance intensive than a roller locked design

This myth needs to die so badly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Photo bucket is screwing up on me again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Chicks dig the mp5s

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
I like where this thread is going
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Now I want to put a aimpoint or rmr on mine. Thanks...
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Thread needs more SD's please. And more contoured grip frames.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I actually went the other way, and removed and sold the RMR that's pictured on mine. I like using the irons better with the MP5. (XS big white circle/tritium front post)
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Chicks dig the mp5s

https://i.imgur.com/eu8VYyX.jpg
View Quote
Guys dig chicks, who dig MP5’s
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@mstennes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/417478/image-430929.JPG
View Quote
I guess it’s ok? A friend sent it to me from shot, I have more just can’t post them, needless to say I’m excited to see them, especially if they include the camo
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]

DJGetz full size pistol sbr'd. M60 barrel bag. Octane 9. 30 amd 40 round mags. 40s are stamped 8/74. Had an aimpoint h1 but took it off as it didn't cowitness properly unlike my primary arms Microsoft advanced did. I prefer irons now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey take your flame thrower to the flame thrower picture thread
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Some MP5 goodness with a little HK21 thrown in just because.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I guess it’s ok? A friend sent it to me from shot, I have more just can’t post them, needless to say I’m excited to see them, especially if they include the camo
View Quote
Everyone's excited to see more pics like that!

While we wait:

This one is a movie prop gun:

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/kDgeY16.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Pw60HS9.jpg

DJGetz full size pistol sbr'd. M60 barrel bag. Octane 9. 30 amd 40 round mags. 40s are stamped 8/74. Had an aimpoint h1 but took it off as it didn't cowitness properly unlike my primary arms Microsoft advanced did. I prefer irons now.
View Quote
Embedded for BBQnBlackRifles:

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#28]
This, my friend, is perfect. Only thing it's missing is an Omega 9k hanging off the muzzle.

I have a bit of an infatuation with the Surefire forend lights, though I prefer the Protac RM1 for more practical applications. Going to have to get creative, if I get my hands on one of those.

Here's hoping PSA releases a full-sized MP5 clone alongside their reverse-stretch models. Never been much of a fan of the MP5K... At 900RPM, I always thought of it as a Glock 18 with a stock, rather than a SMG/carbine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Care to elaborate? Since most of the firearm is generally welded together/pinned in, the only issues with wear over the life should be the headspace changing as it wears in, a set of rollers and rechecking headspace isnt armorer level stuff. Until its completely worn out, then i'd say you get into armorer level when you need to rebarrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is that, over time,(Decades of use, or ridiculous amounts of F/A) the weapons start seeing more accelerated wear, and you end up having to replace barrels/rollers more frequently. Saw this on a handful of old MP5's made in the late 80's, traded from a PD that was switching from semi MP5's to AR15's. I'm thinking it's either a quirk of the design, or the PD let those weapons go way too long without maintenance.

Checking headspace is user-level, just drop in a couple of gauges. Field maintenance is almost non-existent, they just keep running. Rollers aren't too much of a PITA, either.

Replacing barrels is where you get into armorer/gunsmith level, and I'd say it's closer to requiring an actual gunsmith, since you pretty much need a hydraulic press to do it right. It's a pain in the ass when compared to an AR15, which is pretty much "plug and play," so long as you have a vice, which can be had for unde $100 and is easily installed/transported. This means the difference between being able to tell your hobbyist RO to take it to the backroom with the bench and have it up and running in half an hour with a new barrel, and having to ship the weapon off to a shop with a hydraulic press to have it repaired over the course of 2-6 weeks.

Either way, I'm merely proficient with the weapon, I'm not an HK armorer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Factory MP5 SMG.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The problem is that, over time,(Decades of use, or ridiculous amounts of F/A) the weapons start seeing more accelerated wear, and you end up having to replace barrels/rollers more frequently. Saw this on a handful of old MP5's made in the late 80's, traded from a PD that was switching from semi MP5's to AR15's. I'm thinking it's either a quirk of the design, or the PD let those weapons go way too long without maintenance.

Checking headspace is user-level, just drop in a couple of gauges. Field maintenance is almost non-existent, they just keep running. Rollers aren't too much of a PITA, either.

Replacing barrels is where you get into armorer/gunsmith level, and I'd say it's closer to requiring an actual gunsmith, since you pretty much need a hydraulic press to do it right. It's a pain in the ass when compared to an AR15, which is pretty much "plug and play," so long as you have a vice, which can be had for unde $100 and is easily installed/transported. This means the difference between being able to tell your hobbyist RO to take it to the backroom with the bench and have it up and running in half an hour with a new barrel, and having to ship the weapon off to a shop with a hydraulic press to have it repaired over the course of 2-6 weeks.

Either way, I'm merely proficient with the weapon, I'm not an HK armorer.
View Quote
You're talking at least tens of thousands of rounds before an MP5 barrel goes bad, likely well into the six figures. Good luck with that on an AR. Most used won't come even close to that round count, so the advantage of an easier AR barrel swap is nullified.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're talking at least tens of thousands of rounds before an MP5 barrel goes bad, likely well into the six figures. Good luck with that on an AR. Most used won't come even close to that round count, so the advantage of an easier AR barrel swap is nullified.
View Quote
At least, my MP5 in .40 has a lot more than that through it, and the only part I've had to replace was the roller retainer spring.

Bought several and never needed another.

Even the extractor spings are still holding up just fine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#33]
TPM SD, MKE full size and K.

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I actually went the other way, and removed and sold the RMR that's pictured on mine. I like using the irons better with the MP5. (XS big white circle/tritium front post)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What didn't you like about it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

At least, my MP5 in .40 has a lot more than that through it, and the only part I've had to replace was the roller retainer spring.

Bought several and never needed another.

Even the extractor spings are still holding up just fine.
View Quote
Yep. The longevity of these weapons is unreal. There was one owned by NASA that had something like 500,000 rounds through it. Amazing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good one.

I bet you are also the guy who tell the same story or joke, to the same people, hundreds of times and then looks around expecting a reaction like it's the first time you have ever told it.

Here is a little tip....no one thinks it's funny.  No one.  Shit stops being amusing or funny after it's been told literally hundreds of thousands of times.  Would you like to be told the same knock knock joke 200,000 times?  No?  Weird.....

And the fact that you can't figure that out for yourself isn't the least bit concerning to you? It's amazing that some of you get through life every day without wearing a helmet.
View Quote
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good one.

I bet you are also the guy who tell the same story or joke, to the same people, hundreds of times and then looks around expecting a reaction like it's the first time you have ever told it.

Here is a little tip....no one thinks it's funny.  No one.  Shit stops being amusing or funny after it's been told literally hundreds of thousands of times.  Would you like to be told the same knock knock joke 200,000 times?  No?  Weird.....

And the fact that you can't figure that out for yourself isn't the least bit concerning to you? It's amazing that some of you get through life every day without wearing a helmet.
Link to this epic thread^^?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Back on topic:

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#39]
SHOT show video on the PSA:

PSA Unveils MP5 Clone at Shot Show 2018

And now the PTR:

[SHOT 2018] TFBTV Exclusive: The New PTR 9C And 9CT Roller Delayed 9mm

Another look at the PTR from SHOT:

PTR Industries Unveils 9 mm MP5 Clone Shot Show 2018
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#40]

This could be from Vietnam:

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's one for the dirty-inkie fans:

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#42]
This thread could get VERY expensive!
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Here's my Special Weapons that Ghilliebear got running:

https://s10.postimg.org/jow8wxtsp/IMG_1447.jpg
View Quote
Thread?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Here is mine.  Hoping to have an approved stamp in about 30-45 days.

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I have to say, when I started this thread, I had no idea how many of you had such high-quality, high-dollar H&Ks and clones.  My hats off to you, gentlemen!  Enjoy them in good health.

Now on with the show:

(10mm style)

Link Posted: 2/17/2018 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have to say, when I started this thread, I had no idea how many of you had such high-quality, high-dollar H&Ks and clones.  My hats off to you, gentlemen!  Enjoy them in good health.

Now on with the show:

(10mm style)

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-clone-talk/20938d1398572542-coharie-89-10mm-advice-image.jpg

https://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/mp5/mp510/mp510.gif

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2013/07/mk-mp5.jpg
View Quote
That 10mm K with the wood is tits
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That 10mm K with the wood is tits
View Quote
Did someone say tits?

Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top