Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok, so you haven’t had a discussion with him.  Thanks for finally answering.

That should be the first thing.  Be respectful, address your concerns.  Despite what GD says, sometimes you can actually get somewhere with that type of behavior.  

Maybe you’ll be surprised at the result.  Or, maybe you won’t.  And then you’ll need to make a decision about what to do.
View Quote

Yep, thanks.

I already know how it's going to go which is why I'm logging ideas for how to roll to phase 2 of The Plan.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Three year old girls?

Sometimes a tree house is just a tree house.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I have to justify my position to you, but I've had a giant pool back there for years.
I have triplet 3 year old girls who need a small pool.  

A bigger pool is going up next year

Three year old girls?

OP trying to bang his wife in his dinky glorified kiddie pool in the privacy of his yard during nap time is still his right as an American.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

OP trying to bang his wife in his dinky glorified kiddie pool in the privacy of his yard during nap time is still his right as an American.

Kharn
View Quote

You're damn right
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#4]
OP what kind of things do they holler at y’all?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone suggested a security camera on a pole yet? Pointed right into the window of the tree house?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#6]
OP needs to buy a couple sun shades as wide as he can find.  Then sink some 4x4 treated posts in the ground.  Attach the shades to them.

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Disregard the jackasses here. You are right to be concerned.

Talking won’t do anything. He knows it is wrong.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Willow tree planted at an angle towards neighbor. Hope it grows big quickly then breaks on a windy day falling on his platform.
Or if the wind prevails toward his house maple treesalong the fence so the leaf drop innundates his yard.
Or put up a bunch of security cams for proof if you have to sue him. Couple overtly watching the platform and a couple sneaky ones to catch them trying to destroy the overt cameras.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#9]
N/M
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP needs to buy a couple sun shades as wide as he can find.  Then sink some 4x4 treated posts in the ground.  Attach the shades to them.

https://i.ibb.co/tDWh87J/Shade.jpg
View Quote

Bingo.

This is what I'm thinking for now.
Then plant some evergreen trees
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#11]
N/M
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bingo.

This is what I'm thinking for now.
Then plant some evergreen trees
View Quote

Put a large butt on the sun shade.  On his side.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Trees.

We have these in our backyard. Previous owner had them planted.

When we moved in they were 10ft. Just measured now and the tops are 13ft after a year of us being in the house. Attachment Attached File

I wish they were closer together but looking at the neighbor on the other side, they will fill out pretty big in the coming years.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Kids having a tree house in the backyard is still a right if it does not violate local laws or HOA rules. Since he is the mayor, I expect the city is not going to go after him.

OP needs to find a new playground. Perhaps a shopping cart behind the local H-E-B?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Sunbathe naked more often ...

(from an early thread today)

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
bamboo
View Quote

Saw someone do this. It worked.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#17]
If I want to have 4x4 posts about 12 feet above ground to hold a sunshade capable of withstanding Kansas wind from the north, wonder how deep I'll need to sink those in the ground?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Build a big smoky fire pit next to it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Solar panel, MPOT charge converter, batteries & a shit ton of LEDs meant for trucks / offroaders. Call it the "anti stare glare" wall.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Put up a large tarp or something like that next to pool.
Build a frame to hang it from.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Above ground pool? Move the pool farther back, then it'll be easier to shield.

In ground that close to fence? I'd build some wheel mounted rolling screens out of wood siding. Maybe 8' wide and 6' tall. 3-4 oughta do it. Roll 'em right up to pool edge on platform side of pool. Need a drone to get over that.

Edit:

Temporary is the name of the game. How 'bout a sail?

Shade Sail

Mount one side on the fence, stretch over pool.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Three year old girls?

View Quote

And sometimes a Biden is just a Biden.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They are generally pleasant, but do all manner of either clueless, or purposefully aggressive things like this all the time.

Absolutely zero consideration for how their behavior impacts others and want others to adjust their behavior to the benefit of themselves.

So, like most people in society now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do they say to your wife and daughters?

They are generally pleasant, but do all manner of either clueless, or purposefully aggressive things like this all the time.

Absolutely zero consideration for how their behavior impacts others and want others to adjust their behavior to the benefit of themselves.

So, like most people in society now.

So basically you have a problem with how they use their backyard?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where’s his permit for that?
View Quote

Looks like it might be within the setback requirement as well.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I think shining a light / laser on the platform wouldn't be a good idea, what you need is a sculpture with mirrors that can direct the power of the sun their direction if you so choose.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#26]
If only there were some sort of association, made up of local home owners, that you could take neighbor issues to...
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#27]
3 yo girls... how old are the neighbors kids? maybe ask them if they want to come play in the pool
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Get one of those cantilever patio umbrellas and tilt it in a way to block his view in the center. He still might get to see some to the left or right but at least the main area will be covered.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Take multiple pictures and videos of Mayor and perv offspring doing pervy shit and post it to the local "Talk of  " and let the local Karen's take care of harassing EVERYONE in the local govt about it.

It'll take care of itself.

Profit.

View Quote

Ah, yes.  Nextdoor.com is what he needs.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Yea im for the sun shade idea and then plant arborvitae hedge.  
Do emerald green rather than green giant.  Green giants get huge and you'll end up having to cut them down if you're not careful
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Super bright light shining directly on his spy hut. And when I mean bright, I mean eyeball searing bright.
View Quote

I am here...that motherfucker is a pervert and voyer
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Any laws re: night time strobe lights on your property directly shining at the observation platform?

There are also directional speakers these days.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#33]
If you do get a bigger pool with a deck around it, it'd be easy to engineer in a nice privacy screen on that side also
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let them build it.
Get video of mayor gawking at minors. Contact local news with footage.
Get paid.
View Quote

Hmmmmm.....THIS.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If I want to have 4x4 posts about 12 feet above ground to hold a sunshade capable of withstanding Kansas wind from the north, wonder how deep I'll need to sink those in the ground?
View Quote

If you are going that high, I would get some drill pipe instead.  Will be stronger and last longer.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#36]
your post reads like  you just put up a fence but that fence is gray and moldy as hell to be new. sounds like a new problem to me.

Plant some tall trees there if its a problem
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you are going that high, I would get some drill pipe instead.  Will be stronger and last longer.
View Quote

I think it's supposed to be 1/3 the length of what's above ground or more if really windy
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's like if only there was some sort of thing... Where like home owners could join and pay into to prevent fellow homeowners from ruining the community...

Like an association or something...

It would have rules about building annoying structures, late night parties, barking dogs, overgrown yards, leaving mattresses and junk everywhere....

Hmmmm

A home owner association or something...
View Quote

Problem with HOA is that eventually, they will turn into the very thing it was meant to stop: other people butting their noses into YOUR business in YOUR home. Only now they have a legally binding contract with you that you can eventually be fined and held liable to pay those fines. Even if its petty bullshit.

OP needs to record the perverted behavior of mayor and his pervert offspring then come election time freely disperse said footage to local media.

Or OP runs against mayor pervert if only to spread the message with media attention.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

The safe bet is 1/3 buried and 2/3 above grade. I would also put (2) 12” pieces of #4 rebar through the bottom of each post, perpendicular to each other, at least 3” apart vertically and at least 3” from the bottom of the post. I’d then set the posts in compacted pea gravel/crush n’ run, wrapped in landscape fabric. This will anchor the posts without being a permanent footing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Bamboo is the way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep....at some point the load will get high enough that it doesn't matter how far the 4x4 posts are in the ground, you'll snap them off at ground level.  The size of the shade + the wind load / by the strength of the 2 4x4's.  Either that or the shade will just rip off the boards.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#42]
A tree house!?

What's next

Chickens?

Mayne they'll buy 6 horses when the city ordinance only allows 4.

Think of the horror.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I will will be discussing it with him.
I know he won't do anything about it.  

I want to enjoy my backyard without him controlling what I do.

I know I can move.  But until then, I need a somewhat timely resolution so we can get to using our yard.

I realize you don't think this is a problem, and that's okay.  Thank you for your input here.
View Quote

Suggest he talks to his insurance agent about that attractive nuisance he is building in his back yard. The only thing politicians understand is money.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A tree house!?

What's next

Chickens?

Mayne they'll buy 6 horses when the city ordinance only allows 4.

Think of the horror.
View Quote

Maybe air horns?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Does your HOA have rules against tree houses?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
bamboo

That's what I was thinking.

It takes five years to grow out though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So basically you have a problem with how they use their backyard?
View Quote

If they use it to gawk and stare at his family then 100% abso-fucking-lutely its a problem.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
LMAO.  A 10’ toy pool?

Rating Troll.
View Quote

This.

Bro is just jelly he can't afford to build his family a tree house.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
your post reads like  you just put up a fence but that fence is gray and moldy as hell to be new. sounds like a new problem to me.

Plant some tall trees there if its a problem
View Quote

Not that I expect everyone to read a 6 page thread but I addressed this conspiracy via photo and narrative evidence earlier.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This.

Bro is just jelly he can't afford to build his family a tree house.
View Quote

Lol

I'm tempted to build our own and move the kids out there permanently.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top