Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I also think it's funny that the mods are letting this thread live so long.

I'd be curious to see what the mods are talking about in their moderators only section of the website. If you've ever been a moderator of a website, you know that there are page is only accessible to moderators where they can discuss things like this.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#3]
New avatar time!
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like I said before perhaps is was just mere over-stepping on a mod's part. Shit happens. It would just be nice to know if that was the case or not. Anyone can make a mistake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK it's five pages of mostly "I'm not amused" (with a couple of exceptions) so perhaps it's time for site staff (other than the mod who did the edit/lock) to explain it to us.
Waiting on London to approve a statement maybe?
Like I said before perhaps is was just mere over-stepping on a mod's part. Shit happens. It would just be nice to know if that was the case or not. Anyone can make a mistake.
Fair enough, but why lock the original thread and where is the explanation for why it was done? If they realized they screwed up admit it so we can start to move on.

The thread went from "talk it out" to locked in 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That isn't what happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An explanation:

Someone asked the mods to remove graphic pictures of their injured friend/family, so the pics were removed.

OMG the sky is falling.
That isn't what happened.
Please show us a copy of the request for the picture removal so you can prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK it's five pages of mostly "I'm not amused" (with a couple of exceptions) so perhaps it's time for site staff (other than the mod who did the edit/lock) to explain it to us.
It wasn't a mod. It was Striker.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Some people in here really like their censorship.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Look where they're from and at their avatars.  Damn right they like censorship.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I also think it's funny that the mods are letting this thread live so long.

I'd be curious to see what the mods are talking about in their moderators only section of the website. If you've ever been a moderator of a website, you know that there are page is only accessible to moderators where they can discuss things like this.
View Quote
Maybe there is a coup going on
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And a different staff member locked it.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#11]
If the LMPD contacted the site concerning thread content it would seem to me that several of the higher-ups of the "hive mind" should have been involved before the edit and subsequent lock.

Regardless, the way the decision was reached to edit should not be some sort of secret.....Sure, one can agree or disagree but to just leave it hanging out there does the site no good at all.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dang, I must have missed all this.

Not really liking what I am reading, IF I am getting the full story. ??

I'm thinking about all the Chinese factory workers I have seen injured in various horrible fashions, with links to video posted on this site. Would the pics of the dead Epstein be removed upon request?

Something isn't adding up for me.
View Quote
Let's find out.

Dead Epstein.

Died: January 26, 2012

Rest in peace Juan.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The mods removed content from the thread because the London Metropolitan police told them to.

So a foreign, rabidly anti-gun government agency told a firearms forum based in America to remove content from their website and the mods folded like a cheap suit
View Quote
What?? This is akin to the UN telling the U.S. what to do with their gun laws?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Oi! Mate!  Do you have a loicense for that pictchah?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's on a locking spree this morning apparently.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#16]
The thing I like the most about AR15.com is the news coverage of major events.  They contain a ton of information as well as incorrect things and jokes but still they are very informative.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Is there a certain level of government the request has to come from or can anyone request a censor?

Arf has shown a lot of dead bodies and videos of people meeting their end.  I’m guessing in a perfect world most of those people’s families would rather it not be shown.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The thing I like the most about AR15.com is the news coverage of major events.  They contain a ton of information as well as incorrect things and jokes but still they are very informative.
View Quote
This is the main reason I spend time in GD
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Isn't that like the UN telling the US what to do?

What?? This is akin to the UN telling the U.S. what to do with their gun laws?
View Quote
I imagine that there is a very intense game of "Duck, Duck, Goose" going on, during the Monday morning staff meeting, to determine who has to come in here to try and clean up the shit storm.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It must really suck to have such very thin skin that one makes a huge deal about a locked thread and a picture being removed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sure have been a lot of changes around here lately.
View Quote
Nothing will change because of the new ownership

Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
*click*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And swedes deep down are ready to yield to the Danes. What's your point
*click*
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is what I would like to know.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe the site is busy doing a health/ welfare check  or intervention on one of their own.
Striker did say that if you wanted to see the picture that "google is your friend".
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It must really suck to have such very thin skin that one makes a huge deal about a locked thread and a picture being removed.
View Quote
It's less about being thin-skinned than it is that most people don't care for official foreign intervention on a site that they enjoy......Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, when every.single.reply in a multi-page thread explains how you are wrong, and all you can come up with are weak, childish personal attacks, do you ever stop and think, maybe... just maybe.... you are wrong and are either white knighting for censorship or blatantly trolling?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't know if it's been said, but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that some members are fine with this. I'm perplexed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#29]
This is most disturbing to see happening.

We didn't leave ARFcom, ARFcom left us...
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So, when every.single.reply in a multi-page thread explains how you are wrong, and all you can come up with are weak, childish personal attacks, do you ever stop and think, maybe... just maybe.... you are wrong and are either white knighting for censorship or blatantly trolling?  Just curious.
View Quote
New Jersey, they hate freedom there
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's less about being thin-skinned than it is that most people don't care for official foreign intervention on a site that they enjoy......Your mileage may vary.
View Quote
This sums it up nicely.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#32]
When ARFCOM ends up going thr way of GlockTalk, we will look back and be able to say that implementation of the new CoC was the beginning of the end
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some people enjoy freedom.  Freedom to discuss things, freedom to own things.  Others don't.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just have a lot of people on your ignore list if you think every single reply is about how I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"official foreign intervention"

Do you have a copy of the request for us to see?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I feel like a victim of bait and switch.  I paid for one product and now I’m getting another.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The mods removed content from the thread because the London Metropolitan police told them to.

So a foreign, rabidly anti-gun government agency told a firearms forum based in America to remove content from their website and the mods folded like a cheap suit
View Quote
"Cheap suit?"...well...at least we know Wayne La Pierre wasn't involved.

Maybe it's just a technical snafu or something that wasn't thought out very clearly, but only a boot-licker would think it's alright.  I agree with those who look at this site and discussion board as a primary source of unfiltered news, events, and opinions.  At the very most extreme action, maybe the policeman's face could be "fuzzed out" or something like that, but when the photos are already all over the internet, it seems like foolish endeavor to lock the whole thread...makes no sense.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't know if it's been said, but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that some members are fine with this. I'm perplexed.
View Quote
It's not so much that they're fine with it as much as it is that they have really super thick skin. And skulls.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Some people enjoy freedom.  Freedom to discuss things, freedom to own things.  Others don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget the freedom to be whine and complain. That's a big one here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the Met an official organization that sent the request?  Yes, per site staff.
Is the Met a foreign organization?  Yes, per a globe.
Did they intervene to get the photos taken down?  Yes, per site staff.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Lol.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are exercising it well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure what they teach you in Jersey, but London is NOT in the United States
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Realistically speaking, what are the odds that the London Police Officer's family are Members of Arfcom? Pretty slim would be my guess.

If they aren't and actively sought out Websites where the photos had been posted under the absurd belief that they could be scrubbed from the entire internet, I have no sympathy for them.

Of course, the much greater likelihood is that someone is feeding either the Site Staff or us a load of bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Site staff should have gave the injured officer a free membership and some free ARFcom merchandise, instead of what they did.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is the Met an official organization that sent the request?  Yes, per site staff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one else except site staff edited or locked threads.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Deep down all Americans are still subjects of the Crown.
View Quote
People don’t think it be like it do, but it do.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#49]
6 pages and still nary a peep from a Mod or Site Staff.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.  What's the point behind this and is it attempting to refute my post?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top