User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/15/2019 5:06:38 AM EDT
Dog Gets Annoyed At Needy Puppy

Fixed.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Mal pups fear nothing, until corrected...and then they figure out another plan to dominate the planet.

They just gotta push all the buttons.
That poor GSD is in for no end of torment.

Mals Rule!
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
looking at the camera like " can i do it mom, can i? alright screw it little b*tch, woof"
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Older pup teaching the younger pup some social skills.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Our older aussie has done that with our pup....but now the pup outweighs her by 50 lbs.....
But the old gals reaction is exactly like that GSD...
Growwl woof.... then sad puppy eyes at us like she did wrong lol.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:12:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it. I told you so.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm curious what is up with that immediate laying down, head down move the older dog did once the pup fell over. Was it being submissive or apologizing? I don't know these things. We have two pugs and they're retarded most of the time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
It appears obvious that dog owner wants the dogs to fight, and it will happen.  The GSD is quite obviously stressed and the idiot owner is just laughing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It appears obvious that dog owner wants the dogs to fight, and it will happen.  The GSD is quite obviously stressed and the idiot owner is just laughing.
View Quote
you are correct.. there are tons of ass hats out there that have no biz owning and dog/dogs
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
looking at the camera like " can i do it mom, can i? alright screw it little b*tch, woof"
View Quote
That was the best part. The GSD looking at his master, "Well? Can I? Can I slap the little bastard now? I'm waiting!!! Give me a cue!!!!"
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
This!

Most people don't know shit about dog behavior. This video is why I keep my mouth shut when people say, "oh my dog/kid got bit by a dog and he wasn't doing anything to the dog...." These idiots probably think this puppy wasn't really doing anything either...

The adult GSD is very well mannered, smart understanding.

That's a game the owner needs to immediately stop! That isn't funny at all, they needed to immediately correct the pup before the adult feels it needs to correct the pup.

That pup will get emboldened as it gets older and the adult doesn't see that as a game or as cute or funny.

What happens when the pup is old enough that it doesn't feel it needs to back down and these two dogs work it out themselves? Will this behavior be funny then?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mal pups fear nothing, until corrected...and then they figure out another plan to dominate the planet.

They just gotta push all the buttons.
That poor GSD is in for no end of torment.

Mals Rule!
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I would never have a Mal living in my house.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bingo.  Pups need to learn.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Just the pack leader teaching the younger one their place in the pack; no blood, no foul.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I thought it was cute.

Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just the pack leader teaching the younger one their place in the pack; no blood, no foul.
View Quote
The GSD kept looking to the pack leader to step in but pack leader was laughing so GSD did it for her.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would never have a Mal living in my house.
View Quote
Why not? I do and don't have any issues.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#19]
lol

SMACK DOWN ......... sorry.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Wait until that little Mal-a-gator grows up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shouldn't the pack leader be the human?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Lesson learned
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes they should be. Of coarse countless dipshits own dogs and can’t grasp the simple concept of pack structure. Kinda like the owner in the video I would guess.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I really doubt that.

This is an effective safe way to teach young dogs boundaries in a controlled atmosphere with an even tempered adult dog. Trainers often use adult dogs with the right temperament to teach young dogs. I was asked more than a few times to "borrow " one of my dogs for this reason.
You have to know the temperament of the adult dog and not use any dog willy nilly.

I highly doubt this was a game and the humans in the room wanted to see the pup savaged.  You would have to be mentally handicapped to do that.

It's best to teach these young pups boundaries in a controlled atmosphere. The pup got his correction with no harm.  Best to teach boundaries this way than out on the street with strange dogs that won't stop at a mild correction and will actually attack the pup.

Most people don't realize that for some dogs it only takes one bad experience with another dog ( as a puppy ) to turn that pup into a dog aggressive adult.

Things aren't always as the seem.  The owners of these to dogs did the pup a favor.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This!

Most people don't know shit about dog behavior.   OR training . This video is why I keep my mouth shut when people say, "oh my dog/kid got bit by a dog and he wasn't doing anything to the dog...." These idiots probably think this puppy wasn't really doing anything either...

Yes, he possess the right temperament for this exercise.

That's a game the owner needs to immediately stop! That isn't funny at all, they needed to immediately correct the pup before the adult feels it needs to correct the pup.

It wasn't a game. The pup was being safely trained and learned about boundaries. See, best to do it with a known adult dog with the right temperament then have it done on the street when the pup ...... who doesn't realize the potential repercussions of his actions..... pulls that shit on some dog that will just attack it without a correction.

That pup will get emboldened as it gets older and the adult doesn't see that as a game or as cute or funny.

This training is meant to do the exact opposite of embolden the pup.  He got his correction and realized it was time to stop his horse shit.  It worked out perfectly.

What happens when the pup is old enough that it doesn't feel it needs to back down and these two dogs work it out themselves? Will this behavior be funny then?

The training was meant to teach him the consequences of this type behavior.  He wasn't emboldened he was shut down without injury. He got the point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This!

Most people don't know shit about dog behavior.   OR training . This video is why I keep my mouth shut when people say, "oh my dog/kid got bit by a dog and he wasn't doing anything to the dog...." These idiots probably think this puppy wasn't really doing anything either...

Yes, he possess the right temperament for this exercise.

It wasn't a game. The pup was being safely trained and learned about boundaries. See, best to do it with a known adult dog with the right temperament then have it done on the street when the pup ...... who doesn't realize the potential repercussions of his actions..... pulls that shit on some dog that will just attack it without a correction.

This training is meant to do the exact opposite of embolden the pup.  He got his correction and realized it was time to stop his horse shit.  It worked out perfectly.

The training was meant to teach him the consequences of this type behavior.  He wasn't emboldened he was shut down without injury. He got the point.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This!

Most people don't know shit about dog behavior. This video is why I keep my mouth shut when people say, "oh my dog/kid got bit by a dog and he wasn't doing anything to the dog...." These idiots probably think this puppy wasn't really doing anything either...
View Quote
Dogs do bite people without provocation. I had a Dutch Shepherd that was being kept as a pet attack me. It seemed like it was coming up to sniff me and just went apeshit on me. Tore my $300 jeans and left a four inch bruise where it bit from the pressure. No puncture because my phone stopped the teeth.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Things aren't always as the seem.  The owners of these to dogs did the pup a favor.
View Quote
I don't know, man. We have an awful lot of experts here claiming that letting a puppy bark at an adult dog is essentially baiting dog fights. Who are you to come in here with that common sense?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes they should be. Of coarse countless dipshits own dogs and can't grasp the simple concept of pack structure. Kinda like the owner in the video I would guess.
View Quote
See it everyday in people who are walked by their dog instead of walking their dog.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

you are correct.. there are tons of ass hats out there that have no biz owning and dog/dogs
View Quote
perfectly normal pack behavior when new pups are around.  the gsd never intended harm...it was a mild display of dominance...a correction.

if these things didn't happen the Mal pup would grow up to be a real menace instead of a well adjusted cool doggo.

people fuck dogs up...left to their own dogs figure out the pack structure just fine
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Ooooh, look, a water bottle!!!!

Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
When you have pups mixed in with other dogs, it's amusing to watch them.  For a while they whole pack tolerates their puppy antics.  They roll around on the big dogs, pull on their tails, and ears.  The big dogs mostly tolerate it.  They even tolerate them not eating in order, and standing in the food bowl to eat.  Then one day, it's like a switch is closed.  It's time for some manners to be taught.  You hear the growl, and woof, then the yipe, yipe, yipe as it heads over to mom.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This!

View Quote
OH NO!  SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THIS!
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I really doubt that.

This is an effective safe way to teach young dogs boundaries in a controlled atmosphere with an even tempered adult dog. Trainers often use adult dogs with the right temperament to teach young dogs. I was asked more than a few times to "borrow " one of my dogs for this reason.
You have to know the temperament of the adult dog and not use any dog willy nilly.

I highly doubt this was a game and the humans in the room wanted to see the pup savaged.  You would have to be mentally handicapped to do that.

It's best to teach these young pups boundaries in a controlled atmosphere. The pup got his correction with no harm.  Best to teach boundaries this way than out on the street with strange dogs that won't stop at a mild correction and will actually attack the pup.

Most people don't realize that for some dogs it only takes one bad experience with another dog ( as a puppy ) to turn that pup into a dog aggressive adult.

View Quote
+1 My 10 month old lab mix pup has a couple of Malinois buddies, one older and one younger that's getting training for certain K9 work, that we get together in a fenced area to play and what not. Between my work with him individually and his time spent with those two Belgians, his behavior has been improving dramatically. He's still a crazy puppy, but he has learned some "manners" and boundaries with them. They all get along great and it's fun watching them play and watching my pup learn. Should also note, both of these guys have trained their dogs well and have a lot of experience with Belgians and German Shepherds.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#34]
My 4 year old male Border Collie is like the GSD.  My 2 year old female Border Collie is like the Mal.
She torments him even though he is much larger.

She just came out of heat.  During heat, she really chews up his muzzle.  She won't give it up.
I just purchased a muzzle for her next heat.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm curious what is up with that immediate laying down, head down move the older dog did once the pup fell over. Was it being submissive or apologizing? I don't know these things. We have two pugs and they're retarded most of the time.
View Quote
It was apologizing to the owner for stepping out of the pack order.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When you have pups mixed in with other dogs, it's amusing to watch them.  For a while they whole pack tolerates their puppy antics.  They roll around on the big dogs, pull on their tails, and ears.  The big dogs mostly tolerate it.  They even tolerate them not eating in order, and standing in the food bowl to eat.  Then one day, it's like a switch is closed.  It's time for some manners to be taught.  You hear the growl, and woof, then the yipe, yipe, yipe as it heads over to mom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This....so much this.

I have seen this type of behavior with my own dogs as new pups were brought into the pack.
At the puppy stage the adult dogs know it is a puppy and tolerate their antics to a point but there are "corrections" that are given by a snarl, or growl, or if things persist a nip to the hindquarters.
All of my dogs regard me as the pack leader but the puppies have these types of interactions with all of the other dogs as they figure out where they fit in the "org chart".
Once that is settled, everybody is happy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#37]
I feel like the type of owner to sit there and record this interaction so they can get views on YT instead of correcting the mal is not the type of owner to have a mal

edit see my other post below for explanation lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Christopher Walken The Lion Speech
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It was apologizing to the owner for stepping out of the pack order.
View Quote
yep.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I feel like the type of owner to sit there and record this interaction so they can get views on YT instead of correcting the mal is not the type of owner to have a mal
View Quote
the mal was fine...I mean the barking was annoying but the pup dicking with the older dog is normal. The gsd did exactly what was needed and no more.

if the pup persisted the response would get more aggressive...as it should. It's all part of the process of establishing and maintaining the pack hierarchy.  It's also why the gsd got submissive immediately...because the gsd isn't top dog in the pack...camera person was.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
AND the pup would have missed out on a very important lesson.

Canines have to learn to interact with other canines at one point or another.  There may come a time when the owner is not immediately available ( within seconds ) to tell the pup what to do. Things can happen very quickly in the canine world.

Best that the pup learn how to interact with other canines in a safe controlled setting with a known quantity adult dog.

Not teaching the pup / not letting the pup  interact with other canines and learn what it needs to know would stunt the pups social growth.

Sometimes the only way for a pup to learn an important lesson is to let them have at it. Safely.

ETA: Canines ARE sooner or later going to interact with other canines. If a human always steps in, their education is stunted.... sometimes with disastrous results. It is wise for a pup to learn that there are other canines out there that will hurt them if they engage in certain types if behavior .
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#42]
I felt sorry for the GSD.  He's like me and peoples kids when they latch on to you and bug you, I think "Yeah, you're cute, now go away.  Seriously, go away.  Go.  Away. Grrrrrrrrrr...."
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Dogs do bite people without provocation. I had a Dutch Shepherd that was being kept as a pet attack me. It seemed like it was coming up to sniff me and just went apeshit on me. Tore my $300 jeans and left a four inch bruise where it bit from the pressure. No puncture because my phone stopped the teeth.
View Quote
But did your man bun stay in place?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

But did your man bun stay in place?
View Quote
Ok boomer
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've owned both breeds and view this as normal canine interaction.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

AND the pup would have missed out on a very important lesson.

Canines have to learn to interact with other canines at one point or another.  There may come a time when the owner is not immediately available ( within seconds ) to tell the pup what to do. Things can happen very quickly in the canine world.

Best that the pup learn how to interact with other canines in a safe controlled setting with a known quantity adult dog.

Not teaching the pup / not letting the pup  interact with other canines and learn what it needs to know would stunt the pups social growth.

Sometimes the only way for a pup to learn an important lesson is to let them have at it. Safely.

ETA: Canines ARE sooner or later going to interact with other canines. If a human always steps in, their education is stunted.... sometimes with disastrous results. It is wise for a pup to learn that there are other canines out there that will hurt them if they engage in certain types if behavior .
View Quote
No I get all that, there's nothing wrong with the canine/canine interaction there, the GSD just looks to the camerawoman for direction a few times and they just ignore it because they knew what was going to happen and that it'd be a viral video.

A correction to the pup and/or letting the GSD know it did fine is all I'm saying. Confirmation from the one in charge that the interaction was fine, versus them just staring at it through their phone screen and laughing to the other person.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think it means “Problem solved. I don’t have to kill you.”

TC
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
poor older dog was watching his owners pleading in his eyes for them to make the correction which they should have...
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
poor older dog was watching his owners pleading in his eyes for them to make the correction which they should have...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The puppy needed another dog to tell him what’s up.

My Aussie will correct misbehaving dogs if he thinks they’re not getting it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top