Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I dated a girl years ago who lived a couple miles south of Maplesville. Her Diddy was a constable and volunteer firefighter and Paramedic in Birmingham and in the Alabama ANG. Her uncle was a constable for the other part of the county. Good people in that area, and good peaches too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a huge issue with a police officer thinking he's on a battlefield.  This is the mentality that rolls swat teams with MRAPs for a truancy violation or some shit.

Let's picture this:

Oh my God, Isis came to Jerkwood and took a bunch of kids hostage.  Should we wait for professionals?  Naw, fire up the MRAP and load the 249!  Remember!  Don't shoot the little children!  Yeeeehaw!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

“It doesn’t get any better than live-fire training,” Maplesville police officer Josh Hammond said. “When you’re taking and returning fire, the battlefield can become very confusing.

I have a huge issue with a police officer thinking he's on a battlefield.  This is the mentality that rolls swat teams with MRAPs for a truancy violation or some shit.

Let's picture this:

Oh my God, Isis came to Jerkwood and took a bunch of kids hostage.  Should we wait for professionals?  Naw, fire up the MRAP and load the 249!  Remember!  Don't shoot the little children!  Yeeeehaw!

to the part in red....wtf does that even mean? Who else is going to respond?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I always laugh at the camo.
View Quote

people used to laugh at cops wearing all black as well. What would you want to see them wear?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

people used to laugh at cops wearing all black as well. What would you want to see them wear?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always laugh at the camo.

Wearing on shift is one thing. Those polyester uniforms aren't cheap.

Wearing cheap shit for training is another.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the Mraps roll on in to the thread ditch.

Only if their drivers are 3CR.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
If they are 'professional' enough.
Sure.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So, what's a quiet little country town practicing infantry tactics for?
View Quote

I guess they don't have enough ex-Marines in that town to keep the peace.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe they don't have their own Marine neighborhood watch made up of ex-marines to patrol and protect the muslim residents.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol physical standards would be a million times more beneficial to them than swat training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, the police should probably have some basic fire and maneuver training. It's sorely lacking now and would obviously be useful in some active shooter type scenarios. For most agencies anything other than stacking on a door becomes disorganized clown shoes.

lol physical standards would be a million times more beneficial to them than swat training.

Day-to-day, I agree 100%. The difference is that basic fire and maneuver/active shooter tactics can be taught, to a basic level, in a few days. Physical fitness takes a lifetime of dedication. Average SWAT stuff/active shooter response requires only the most basic level of physical fitness to be honest. These guy aren't humping rucks up the mountains af Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's what IT vendor shirts from conferences are for.  That or painting.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly.

I can get camo shirts for $10-15 a pop, use them up and throw them away.

That's what IT vendor shirts from conferences are for.  That or painting.  

This. I don't pay shit, and I've got a closet full of them.

Shit, I've still got a Novell shirt that says "I took the RED pill".

I'm also partial to the cheezy as hell ones that say things like "Which side of the DMARC do you work on?"

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't mind them getting the same training that their fellow civilians get.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#12]
As long as they aren't one handing MP5s I don't have a problem with this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't think "militarization" has much to do with that. We weren't militarized and we despised the public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I live a few miles from there. I also have reservations about militarization but I am more concerned about the US/THEM mindset that it fosters.

I don't think "militarization" has much to do with that. We weren't militarized and we despised the public.
This.

Gd thinks it discovered the wheel.

We carried revolvers when I started, we still don't have widely issued patrol rifles and we've practiced "risk averse policing" for 2 decades.

Them's always hated us.

And us still despise them.

ZFG.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Day-to-day, I agree 100%. The difference is that basic fire and maneuver/active shooter tactics can be taught, to a basic level, in a few days. Physical fitness takes a lifetime of dedication. Average SWAT stuff/active shooter response requires only the most basic level of physical fitness to be honest. These guy aren't humping rucks up the mountains af Afghanistan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, the police should probably have some basic fire and maneuver training. It's sorely lacking now and would obviously be useful in some active shooter type scenarios. For most agencies anything other than stacking on a door becomes disorganized clown shoes.

Average stuff, sure. What about the events that are not "average". You, your co-workers and clients may need to depend on YOU. Can you be there for them (and you) and be able to perform?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's pretty dumb. I live in a town of 1200 and we have no cops. Just the county sheriff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those not familiar - Mapelsville is a small town at a crossroad in Alabama with a population under 1000 (my folks live there).

That's pretty dumb. I live in a town of 1200 and we have no cops. Just the county sheriff.

And what is their response time to get someone to your town?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For those not familiar - Mapelsville is a small town at a crossroad in Alabama with a population under 1000 (my folks live there).
View Quote

With that population cops can play soldier, doctor, fireman, astronaut, and any other job their hearts desire.

People can dream about being whatever they want when they get big so let's leave them alone.

By the way..... I still would like an MRAP.

Can I have one?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/Training%20highlighted_zpsft4yverg.jpg

is that george washington in the background?     the king of england???    who??
View Quote
The British invasion

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I still say it's Cosplay for grownups.
View Quote

Wow. Ok. out of 5.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow. Ok. out of 5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Ok. out of 5.

Awe, subnets has a fan.  LOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wow. Ok. out of 5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Ok. out of 5.

What?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Ok. out of 5.

No, Subnet used to have a fan...lol
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Average stuff, sure. What about the events that are not "average". You, your co-workers and clients may need to depend on YOU. Can you be there for them (and you) and be able to perform?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm long gone so no one is depending on my physical fitness for anything beyond carrying the Christmas tree in and setting it up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Ok. out of 5.

Fuck, what did I do now?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Fuck, what did I do now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. Ok. out of 5.

Fuck, what did I do now?
Post up a nice female foot pic and all will be forgiven.    What ever it was.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck, what did I do now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Ok. out of 5.

Fuck, what did I do now?

Idk, your cosplay for grownups really irked me. I used to love your posts, even you getting out of speeding tickets lol. But after actually responding to an active shooter, and training for others, Idk it just bothers me
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck if I know. I see them multiple times a day. But I doubt a town of 1000 needs 6 cops trained in "infantry tactics" to fight some redneck hitting their wife once a week or setting up a speed trap.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Idk, your cosplay for grownups really irked me. I used to love your posts, even you getting out of speeding tickets lol. But after actually responding to an active shooter, and training for others, Idk it just bothers me
View Quote

He's cool man. Just don't take it so serious.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should read most of my posts in a voice that reeks of sarcasm, cynicism, and a healthy dose of "this guy doesn't take life or himself all that seriously".

I've responded to an active hacker, but I'm still going to get drunk at Defcon and call it training.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You should read most of my posts in a voice that reeks of sarcasm, cynicism, and a healthy dose of "this guy doesn't take life or himself all that seriously".

I've responded to an active hacker, but I'm still going to get drunk at Defcon and call it training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I don't take shit serious and love to get drunk so maybe we're ok after all
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#30]
How can they afford to she down the speed trap down foe a whole day for this?  The college kids headed home down 82 might get away with 6 over!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

How can they afford to she down the speed trap down foe a whole day for this?  The college kids headed home down 82 might get away with 6 over!!

View Quote
She down? Is that kinda like a hoe down?  
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Good for them. They are only the second P.D. in the country that is ready.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This will be predictable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This will be great.

This will be predictable.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I've been through there a few times.  Good on them, I've always felt like fire and maneuver should be taught along with basic patrol rifle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Agreed.

Nicely said.  Well done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First, I don't think that people are going to flip their shit about this. We all realize that the world is a more dangerous place and as San Bernadino and Paris showed, the terrorists are changing tactics. Police will be asked to perform as infantry against teams with rifles acting as soldiers, they need some training and gear to meet the task.

Second, people bitch about militarization because they are ignorant of the threat or they have experienced an overly gung-ho cop in battle dress serving and protecting the shit out of them and it leaves a bad taste in their mouth. The wrong house no knocks, the no knocks for misdemeanor citations and the general asshattery of the wannabe tacti-ninjas have led to the "Oh no militarization!" cries, not cargo pockets or AR15s. (The MRAPs may have something to do with it though.)

It's not the clothes, it's not the equipment and it's not the training that causes problems. As with most things, it's assholes that cause problems. I for one am glad that these men are taking their jobs seriously enough to seek out and do additional training.

God speed and protect them.

Agreed.

Nicely said.  Well done.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

It appears that you failed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
First, I don't think that people are going to flip their shit about this. We all realize that the world is a more dangerous place and as San Bernadino and Paris showed, the terrorists are changing tactics. Police will be asked to perform as infantry against teams with rifles acting as soldiers, they need some training and gear to meet the task.

Second, people bitch about militarization because they are ignorant of the threat or they have experienced an overly gung-ho cop in battle dress serving and protecting the shit out of them and it leaves a bad taste in their mouth. The wrong house no knocks, the no knocks for misdemeanor citations and the general asshattery of the wannabe tacti-ninjas have led to the "Oh no militarization!" cries, not cargo pockets or AR15s. (The MRAPs may have something to do with it though.)

It's not the clothes, it's not the equipment and it's not the training that causes problems. As with most things, it's assholes that cause problems. I for one am glad that these men are taking their jobs seriously enough to seek out and do additional training.

View Quote

For all the reasons you cited about JBT police tactics and, as pointed out by another poster they'll get a day's training and think they're tier 1 hot-shit operators now, more innocents are going to get "protected and served" the hell out of, some all the way to the cemetery. Despite what you think I see nothing good coming of this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#38]
They're welcome to borrow my armor if they need it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#39]
My time in the SIM house was some of the most fun I have had with my clothes on.  Getting Pad to train, I would be in heaven.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://d2dvqog93jjnqt.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Training.jpg

The Maplesville Police Department performed a live-fire training exercise on Friday. It was designed to prepare officers for the circumstances that would surround an attempted terrorist attack.

“It doesn’t get any better than live-fire training,” Maplesville police officer Josh Hammond said. “When you’re taking and returning fire, the battlefield can become very confusing. The more we expose ourselves to this training, the better [officers] will be if an actual situation comes up.”

The drill began at Maplesville High School under the premise that terrorists were targeting the school. The objective led the assault team comprised of four officers to the property of Police Chief Todd Ingram, where the final phase of the initiative was completed.

“We trained them back at the school and went over the mission repetitively with some rehearsals,” Ingram said. “Once we kicked off the operation, everything went pretty smooth. When it comes to the mindset, you’ve got to switch from police to infantry because you can’t approach it the same way.”

Ingram, Casey and Hammond are all military veterans and have spent time in the Middle East. Their background has spurred such exercises in the past and will continue moving forward.

Recent events throughout the nation and the world have heightened the sense of awareness throughout various communities. If anything, the town of Maplesville should feel much relief that their police department is taking the process of looking out for the people’s well being.

“Who knows if it’s going to happen in Chilton County, but it is better to go ahead and start getting a team working together,” Ingram said. “If something was to happen, we would have to take charge.”

According to Hammond, the need for this kind of training is becoming more and more important due to the increased challenges that face law enforcement today. The live fire presents a more accelerated form of training designed to mimic the psychological and physiological stresses.

http://www.clantonadvertiser.com/2015/12/21/maplesville-trains-to-be-prepared-for-the-worst/
View Quote

Should have posted the picture without context and said it was militia.
The tactical armchair brigade would have been at full speed nitpicking the clothes and gear, and the response after telling them the truth would be good for lols.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

For all the reasons you cited about JBT police tactics and, as pointed out by another poster they'll get a day's training and think they're tier 1 hot-shit operators now, more innocents are going to get "protected and served" the hell out of, some all the way to the cemetery. Despite what you think I see nothing good coming of this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez, some of you are off the reservation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

From what I recall the state came in and told them to stay off of  82 over 20 years ago or a state take over would happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appears that you failed.

From what I recall the state came in and told them to stay off of  82 over 20 years ago or a state take over would happen.

I've never heard that, explains a lot.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they don't have their own Marine neighborhood watch made up of ex-marines to patrol and protect the muslim residents.

I think these posts need a little more attention!  I giggled while I typed mine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#45]
They could always go with untrained cops, it's worked out so well for other PDs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They could always go with untrained cops, it's worked out so well for other PDs.
View Quote

Yea no shit.  Wouldn't you have loved to get into an active shooter situation with some of your old co-workers?  I know I dread the idea with some I have worked with.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Terrorists conducting a mass shooting make it a battlefield.
You need to move past the verbiage being used and focus more on the reason why the training is necessary.
If you had kids in a school being attacked by terrorists would you want the local LE to wait for "the professionals"?
If so thats a piss poor plan.
Read about the theater in Paris. The people inside were texting and tweeting, begging the cops to storm the place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“It doesn’t get any better than live-fire training,” Maplesville police officer Josh Hammond said. “When you’re taking and returning fire, the battlefield can become very confusing.

Let's picture this:

Terrorists conducting a mass shooting make it a battlefield.
You need to move past the verbiage being used and focus more on the reason why the training is necessary.
If you had kids in a school being attacked by terrorists would you want the local LE to wait for "the professionals"?
If so thats a piss poor plan.
Read about the theater in Paris. The people inside were texting and tweeting, begging the cops to storm the place.

Let me see if I've got the jest of what most here are proposing? "Let's wait for some jerkwater cops to get kitted up and come to the rescue cause they're the only ones "professional" enough to mount a counter attack against a evil, dedicated group of people who went to some considerable trouble to plan and execute a mass murder and don't give any fucks about dying for their cause and taking as many innocent people as they can with them before they go."  

If this is what yall are thinking we're so screwed it's not funny anymore and we will get what we deserve.

How bout.....1.  We kick these sons of bitches out of our country----Yesterday.  Round the motherfuckers up and deport them. Period. They and their "religion"  are not compatible with our way of life.
2. If and when some RIPers shows up in county it is made absolutely clear that they are not welcomed----this is the least hospitable place on the planet. You want fear.  Here it is.  All your stuff....it belongs to us. Here are your choices.  A rope or a leaky boat and two oars.  GTFO.
3.  No one from any of the countries that sponsor, promotes, or tolerates any form of this bullshit comes into our country for any reason what so fucking ever.
4. In the mean time.....Billy Bob and the boys (lots and lots of local folk) start taking  care of business before it comes knocking.  *****

*****These ideas, comments, and thoughts belong to BTccw and are not the Politically Correct, compassionate, loving, or caring thoughts of those who run ARfcom15, their sponsors, members, or supporters of the current administration. -----but should be.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#48]
They are not training to be infantry
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everybody wants to be Infantry until it's time to do a 20 mile forced march,movement to contact, in the mountains with a 100 lb ruck...and chow didn't show up before time to move out...in the rain.  Then we're just stupid fucking grunts with low GT scores. LOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe the range needs a porta-shitter and enough sharpies for the whole class.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top