Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
somewhere out there a bulldog bit a black man, will suck when they can't have anything associated with the dog.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And to think, still lost to us.
View Quote

Oh really?? Were you there? Just another shit talking yankee.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Do you find it normal to fly the Nazi Germany flag? I don't get this retarded argument. Nobody is saying suppress the history. They're just saying you're a fool for associating with the Confederacy by flying the flag as if that is some sort of conservative, romantic, freedom inspiring move on your part.

Why would you want to allow the USMC to publicly display the flag of a beaten enemy in that way? Would you have a problem with a soldier of German heritage flying the Nazi flag because it's in his family history? What about the 1940s Japanese Rising Sun flag? How about a Lebanese Marine flying a Hezbollah flag? I mean, we need to be fair and equitable in the application of the rules, right?
View Quote

How about US veterans of Vietnam, and the rest of the solders there after?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's always the 504.  Lots of messed up stuff.  I was not aware of the 1995 events.

I do remember the tattoo inspections; just don't remember the confederate flag being a "red flag."
View Quote

I came through 82nd REPO twice but dont recall anyone in-processing with me ever having anything questionable.  Not sure what was exactly on the list........I know Bragg was the only place I ever went through tat checks though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We al know that “diversity “ is a one way street.  As long as he bans other offensive images like the ANC flag, black panther flag, Che T-shirts and banners, Malcom X imagery, and other racist symbols, then he would be consistent—but he didn’t, did he?
View Quote

Of course not. I don’t how many ANC flags I saw in the enlisted barracks while I was in. Never a word and never will be. Saw a “Buy Black” tee shirt in the chow hall. Pointed it out to a dark green SNCO pulling duty. He said “I was just looking too deep into it.”
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
He just leveled up on the virtue signaling scale. First it was women in the ranks. Now confederate flags.  

How can he work access to birth control and abortion into the Marines mission? Trying to help the guy out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
From all walks of life except one...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The trouble is that the meaning of a lot of that stuff has evolved and changed and people often embrace confederate symbols as being fir independence and against a large government. Being from Michigan, I don’t care about the confederate stuff, but I recognize that culture evolves
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it equally as funny a large portion of Arfcom will bend over backwards to support the racist democrat Confederacy, and in the next breath claim to be an ultra conservative

The trouble is that the meaning of a lot of that stuff has evolved and changed and people often embrace confederate symbols as being fir independence and against a large government. Being from Michigan, I don’t care about the confederate stuff, but I recognize that culture evolves

Don't forget to remind folks of a different time.  It wasn't hate, John Deere just didn't make a tractor then.  Same as all the screachers banging away on their iphones about how evil people used to be, never giving a second thought to how the object in there hands came into existence.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I could see that if the entire point of the Confederacy wasn't to defend slavery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trouble is that the meaning of a lot of that stuff has evolved and changed and people often embrace confederate symbols as being fir independence and against a large government. Being from Michigan, I don't care about the confederate stuff, but I recognize that culture evolves
I could see that if the entire point of the Confederacy wasn't to defend slavery.

If your great great granddaddy had the fortitude, he could have just invented a tractor, would have solved that problem right quick.  Ain't got to feed and water a tractor when it ain't working. Why didn't he do that?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The confederate flag wasnt a real issue till Dylan Roof. At that point the libs decided that they were devoting lots of energy demonizing it, it was what they were going to take in place of guns, and, as they are wont to do, the conservative cuckhold contingent tucked their tail between their legs and gave the left what they wanted.
View Quote

And the flag quite being sold in stores, and I found someone to make me a nice quilt of one
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#11]
[url=https://imgbb.com/]

On May 29, 1945, Able Company, Red Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, commanded by South Carolina native Capt Julius Dusenberg, approached to within 800 yards of Shuri Castle. The castle lay within the zone of the 77th Infantry Division, known as the Statue of Liberty Boys. However, GEN Ushijima’s rear guard had stalled the 77this advance.

Impatient, MajGen del Valle ordered Capt Dusenberg to “take that damned place if you can. I’ll make the explanations.” Dusenberg radioed back, “Will do!” Dusenberg’s Marines stormed the stone fortress, quickly dispatching a detachment of Japanese soldiers who had remained behind. Once the casde had been taken, Dusenberg took off his hel- met and removed a flag he had been car- rying for just such a special occasion. He raised the flag at the highest point of the casde and let loose with a rebel yell. The flag waving overhead was not the Stars and Stripes, but the Confederate Stars and Bars. Most of the Marines joined in the yell, but a disapproving New Englander supposedly remarked, “What does he want now? Should we sing ‘Dixie?'”

MG Andrew Bruce, the commanding general of the 77th Division, protested to the 10th Army that the Marines had stolen his prize. But LTG Buckner only mildly chided MajGen del Valle saying, “How can I be sore at him? My father fought under that flag!”

LTG Buckner’s father was the Confederate BG Buckner who had surrendered Fort Donelson to then-BG Ulysses S. Grant in 1862. The Confederate Battle Flag flew only 2 days over Shuri Castle before the Stars and Stripes were formally raised on 31 May. Dusenberg’s flag was first lowered and presented to LTG Buckner as a souvenir. LTG Buckner remarked, “Okay! Now, let’s get on with the war!” Tragically, on 18 June, just days before Okinawa fell, an enemy shell killed LTG Buckner on Mezido Ridge while he was observing a Marine attack.

http://www.confederatedigest.com/2012/01/planting-confederate-flag-at-snui.html
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am surprised it lasted this long.

IIRC Confederate flag tats were a bar to enlistment YEARS ago. They were considered racist.

View Quote

Yeah, base commanders were telling people with Confederate flags on their license plates to get rid of them years ago, even DoD Civilians.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If your great great granddaddy had the fortitude, he could have just invented a tractor, would have solved that problem right quick.  Ain't got to feed and water a tractor when it ain't working. Why didn't he do that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trouble is that the meaning of a lot of that stuff has evolved and changed and people often embrace confederate symbols as being fir independence and against a large government. Being from Michigan, I don't care about the confederate stuff, but I recognize that culture evolves

I am not surprised that a member with the Confederate flag all over his avatar would lack the critical thought necessary to think about how retarded that argument is before he posted it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bingo. I’m a born and raised southerner. The mental gymnastics that some of the good ole boys use to love the confederate flag is alarming...like a democrat. The official Constitution of the Confederacy specifically addresses slavery and why it should be kept. It lessens a person. I’m fine with the flag flying at battlefields, monuments, museums....and I’m fine with the freedom of someone to fly it. I’ll laugh at someone who says it isn’t divisive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it funny that people still swing their purses at each other over a war that ended more than 150 years ago.
I find it equally as funny a large portion of Arfcom will bend over backwards to support the racist democrat Confederacy, and in the next breath claim to be an ultra conservative

Bingo. I’m a born and raised southerner. The mental gymnastics that some of the good ole boys use to love the confederate flag is alarming...like a democrat. The official Constitution of the Confederacy specifically addresses slavery and why it should be kept. It lessens a person. I’m fine with the flag flying at battlefields, monuments, museums....and I’m fine with the freedom of someone to fly it. I’ll laugh at someone who says it isn’t divisive.

Fly the black power, african, whatever flag all you like, then go watch some straight out of africa, straight from the villages, neck lace videos on liveleak.  Go bleed your heart there and tell them how much that hurts you to see that happening TODAY!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol

Not all Yankees are from NY.

Slavery was one out of how many things they were pissed about?
View Quote
The US Civil War is the only war I can think of off the top of my head where the losers actually won the revisionist history battle after the war was over.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm confused.  Do we celebrate diversity or do we not?  His comments seem hostile to it.
View Quote

Diversity is encouraged until someone leaves the herd. Then diversity isn't our strength anymore. Everyone in the herd must put the same pressure on the outlier to make him conform until he relents.

Then diversity is strong again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why would you fly the flag of a defeated enemy?
View Quote

A more apt comparison is the way the Romans felt about Greece. A defeated and conquered land, to be sure, but one with a great history worthy of a great deal of respect.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[url=https://imgbb.com/]https://i.ibb.co/k3qgHRS/B0012-E76-EAEB-4-CD2-8945-275-CCCDA9-EA8.jpg

On May 29, 1945, Able Company, Red Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, commanded by South Carolina native Capt Julius Dusenberg, approached to within 800 yards of Shuri Castle. The castle lay within the zone of the 77th Infantry Division, known as the Statue of Liberty Boys. However, GEN Ushijima’s rear guard had stalled the 77this advance.

Impatient, MajGen del Valle ordered Capt Dusenberg to “take that damned place if you can. I’ll make the explanations.” Dusenberg radioed back, “Will do!” Dusenberg’s Marines stormed the stone fortress, quickly dispatching a detachment of Japanese soldiers who had remained behind. Once the casde had been taken, Dusenberg took off his hel- met and removed a flag he had been car- rying for just such a special occasion. He raised the flag at the highest point of the casde and let loose with a rebel yell. The flag waving overhead was not the Stars and Stripes, but the Confederate Stars and Bars. Most of the Marines joined in the yell, but a disapproving New Englander supposedly remarked, “What does he want now? Should we sing ‘Dixie?'”

MG Andrew Bruce, the commanding general of the 77th Division, protested to the 10th Army that the Marines had stolen his prize. But LTG Buckner only mildly chided MajGen del Valle saying, “How can I be sore at him? My father fought under that flag!”

LTG Buckner’s father was the Confederate BG Buckner who had surrendered Fort Donelson to then-BG Ulysses S. Grant in 1862. The Confederate Battle Flag flew only 2 days over Shuri Castle before the Stars and Stripes were formally raised on 31 May. Dusenberg’s flag was first lowered and presented to LTG Buckner as a souvenir. LTG Buckner remarked, “Okay! Now, let’s get on with the war!” Tragically, on 18 June, just days before Okinawa fell, an enemy shell killed LTG Buckner on Mezido Ridge while he was observing a Marine attack.

http://www.confederatedigest.com/2012/01/planting-confederate-flag-at-snui.html
View Quote

That’s a lousy photoshop job

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

A little known fact, a black man was the first to go to court and legally take ownership of another black man in America

Despicable white confederates with all their hate

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A little known fact, a black man was the first to go to court and legally take ownership of another black man in America

View Quote
Does that make it any better? Do you think that Americans would have just thrown their hands up and said "well I guess slavery is OK" if there were more black slave owners and/or more white slaves?

Bring race into it when nobody else has so far, just like a modern Democrat- keep showing how you've kept with the Democratic party since the 1800s. Keep showing your complete historical ignorance, this is great.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A more apt comparison is the way the Romans felt about Greece. A defeated and conquered land, to be sure, but one with a great history worthy of a great deal of respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The southern states united to defend the right to keep humans as slaves, fought for that cause, and lost in epic fashion. Is that something to be proud of, or deserving of our respect?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The US Civil War is the only war I can think of off the top of my head where the losers actually won the revisionist history battle after the war was over.
View Quote

Not trying to make a direct comparison but a lot of the worst societies were driven by revisionist Lost Cause BS like the Germans after WWI (“stabbed in the back”), the Chinese Communists (persecution by the western powers in the Opium Wars, “Sick Man of Asia”), and modern Arabs (the ISIS obsession with the Sykes-Picot Agreement).
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The southern states united to defend the right to keep humans as slaves, fought for that cause, and lost in epic fashion. Is that something to be proud of, or deserving of our respect?
View Quote
Never give up power.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the entire point of the ANC and Malcom X was a Marxist race war. So?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Room to talk. @jDrexler
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I am not surprised that a member with the Confederate flag all over his avatar would lack the critical thought necessary to think about how retarded that argument is before he posted it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not surprised that someone with your emotional beliefs wouldn't comprehend the meaning.  These practices existed for a reason, hate wasn't one of them.  Educate yourself

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/08/the-first-legal-slave-owner-in-what-would-become-the-united-states-was-a-black-man/
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
First of all that's bullshit. (And I'm from WAY up north)

Second, what if somebody has rebel flag tattoo? What then, they won't take 'em?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh NoS MuH RaCiSt. Just wait till they start banning the Betsy Ross flag and other stuff associated with the founding fathers. You people forget that the slippery slope is a real thing
View Quote

Valid point. According to the Marxists, everything having to do with our founding and the very Constitution itself is racist. The natural progression of this will be banning of anything having to do with them. You don’t give in to eternally offended Marxists because it will never end.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
And traitors to boot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Of course not. I don’t how many ANC flags I saw in the enlisted barracks while I was in. Never a word and never will be. Saw a “Buy Black” tee shirt in the chow hall. Pointed it out to a dark green SNCO pulling duty. He said “I was just looking too deep into it.”
View Quote

Do you’ve experienced the racist double standard first hand then
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.....says the New Yorker.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give up my guns, ammo, and regular magazines should be your state motto.
As well  as i love paying the king's men and being in a union, voluntarily.

Quoted:
Quoted:

You  should fly the flag of defeatism in New York.

What a weak comeback.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give up my guns, ammo, and regular magazines should be your state motto.
As well  as i love paying the king's men and being in a union, voluntarily.

Quoted:
Quoted:

You  should fly the flag of defeatism in New York.

“us”? You ain’t fought shit boy
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
First of all that's bullshit. (And I'm from WAY up north)

Second, what if somebody has rebel flag tattoo? What then, they won't take 'em?
View Quote

Doubtful unless they had it removed. I remember when sleeves became verboten
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Same reason they used the SS?
https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2012/02/10/183d946e-a644-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/thumbnail/1200x630/82ecea2cdcb78bdb2fcee8da73b8afa4/marines_ss_logo_AP120209148499_fullwidth.jpg

And if I remember right they had a logo/emblem that looked like the Afrika Corps. Or still do.
View Quote

No..that's a scout sniper thing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Good. No loser flags allowed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

>New York

Lol. Just lol.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good. No loser flags allowed.
View Quote
I bet they'll allow the Mexican flag
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2012/02/10/183d946e-a644-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/thumbnail/1200x630/82ecea2cdcb78bdb2fcee8da73b8afa4/marines_ss_logo_AP120209148499_fullwidth.jpg

And if I remember right they had a logo/emblem that looked like the Afrika Corps. Or still do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically they adopt the symbols of enemies defeated by the US Army?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Very few people owned slaves in the South. Most were large plantation owners. 99.99 % of Confederate soldiers were just poor farm boys caught up in something much larger. They were fighting for their country, not slavery. Furthermore if their own people had not rounded them up in Africa and sold them to slave traders there would not have been any slaves. If the Confederate flag offends someone they need a history lesson.

SSG Ret.
TN & TX ARNG 66-06
SCV

BTW-I am not black-my 1970 Chevelle is.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

>New York

Lol. Just lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

>New York

Lol. Just lol.

Yup.

One of the winning states. Sorry if I’m not so kosher with waving around the flag of traitors under the guise of “muh heritage”
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Does that make it any better? Do you think that Americans would have just thrown their hands up and said "well I guess slavery is OK" if there were more black slave owners and/or more white slaves?

Bring race into it when nobody else has so far, just like a modern Democrat- keep showing how you've kept with the Democratic party since the 1800s. Keep showing your complete historical ignorance, this is great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on living the dream that al the other leftest, revisionist want the rest of us to believe.  Enjoy your iphone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Someone got triggered.

https://i.imgflip.com/192wd8.jpg
View Quote

We gonna get attacked by zombies now?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

New York
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm confused.  Do we celebrate diversity or do we not?  His comments seem hostile to it.
View Quote

I agree, they should ban every flag except the US, USMC, and POW flags from barracks rooms if this is the stance they're going to take.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

New York
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New York

Congratulations! You can read!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yup.

One of the winning states. Sorry if I’m not so kosher with waving around the flag of traitors under the guise of “muh heritage”
View Quote

New York literally pays the South millions of dollars every month in tax tributes due to the civil war. I'm not sure what level of winning that really is.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

New York literally pays the South millions of dollars every month in tax tributes due to the civil war. I'm not sure what level of winning that really is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

In return we got a near infinite source of salt, so I’m gonna cal it a big W.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Go on living the dream that al the other leftest, revisionist want the rest of us to believe.  Enjoy your iphone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When you in-processed at Bragg you had to strip and explain what all of your tats meant. If any were deemed as extremist linked, you would be out-processed.  This was done following the 1995 murder of a couple in Fayetteville by two guys in 504 PIR (iirc)
View Quote

It was started back in the mid '80 s. They were more interested in looking for gang tats then.  Around '80 or so at PT formation, we had to strip to the waist. An officer and a guy in a suit walked the ranks looking at tats. We lost 2 or 3 due to gang affiliation.
Looking for the Nazi stuff started later.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top