Quoted:
Good. No loser flags allowed.

Go back to NY please.

Good. No loser flags allowed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The southern states united to defend the right to keep humans as slaves, fought for that cause, and lost in epic fashion. Is that something to be proud of, or deserving of our respect?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would you fly the flag of a defeated enemy?

A more apt comparison is the way the Romans felt about Greece. A defeated and conquered land, to be sure, but one with a great history worthy of a great deal of respect.
The southern states united to defend the right to keep humans as slaves, fought for that cause, and lost in epic fashion. Is that something to be proud of, or deserving of our respect?

So your northern brethren planned to kill the native Americans, I guess you are proud of that?  Why did your beloved do that, what gain was their?

Where are your, and your ilks,  pearls when they need clutching? This is your government that you tell me I should stand behind. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bingo. I’m a born and raised southerner. The mental gymnastics that some of the good ole boys use to love the confederate flag is alarming...like a democrat. The official Constitution of the Confederacy specifically addresses slavery and why it should be kept. It lessens a person. I’m fine with the flag flying at battlefields, monuments, museums....and I’m fine with the freedom of someone to fly it. I’ll laugh at someone who says it isn’t divisive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it funny that people still swing their purses at each other over a war that ended more than 150 years ago.
I find it equally as funny a large portion of Arfcom will bend over backwards to support the racist democrat Confederacy, and in the next breath claim to be an ultra conservative

Bingo. I’m a born and raised southerner. The mental gymnastics that some of the good ole boys use to love the confederate flag is alarming...like a democrat. The official Constitution of the Confederacy specifically addresses slavery and why it should be kept. It lessens a person. I’m fine with the flag flying at battlefields, monuments, museums....and I’m fine with the freedom of someone to fly it. I’ll laugh at someone who says it isn’t divisive.

There are no mental gymnastics involved. The Rebel flag to most southerners I know is about rebellion . We said fuck you to the north . We lost the war but the rebel and his fuck you attitude never changed . I bet we would win round two bigly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do you find it normal to fly the Nazi Germany flag? I don't get this retarded argument. Nobody is saying suppress the history. They're just saying you're a fool for associating with the Confederacy by flying the flag as if that is some sort of conservative, romantic, freedom inspiring move on your part.

Why would you want to allow the USMC to publicly display the flag of a beaten enemy in that way? Would you have a problem with a soldier of German heritage flying the Nazi flag because it's in his family history? What about the 1940s Japanese Rising Sun flag? How about a Lebanese Marine flying a Hezbollah flag? I mean, we need to be fair and equitable in the application of the rules, right?
View Quote

Nice strawman, but I would rather see someone fly a Nazi flag than see them punished for it by law. I’ve seen the Soviet and ISIS flags more than once on display and fail to see the difference.

I thought part of being a Marine was to develop thick skin. Is “God, Country, Corps” now “care about my sensitivities”? So first it was an “Army of One”; are the marines becoming special snowflakes as well?

ETA: Does one really want their fighting force to be allowed to be offended so easily?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure they can
Improvise, adapt, crayon.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on living the dream that al the other leftest, revisionist want the rest of us to believe.  Enjoy your iphone.

https://i.imgur.com/BuUyEOi.jpg

I Pissed in that jug, enjoy
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The US Civil War is the only war I can think of off the top of my head where the losers actually won the revisionist history battle after the war was over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Not all Yankees are from NY.

Slavery was one out of how many things they were pissed about?
The US Civil War is the only war I can think of off the top of my head where the losers actually won the revisionist history battle after the war was over.

Actually that’s true of most civil wars where the losers don’t get ejected and they have to live with each other.

Last time I checked Napoleon got beat pretty good but guess what they speak in Quebec?

The Scots don’t own their country but got more then a few concessions from the winners.

All Confederates were considered US veterans, I think that’s a law.  Look it up.  The winners conceded some points to them to bring the Union together.   It is what it is.

This is simple politics.  The Confederates were the same people they were 10,20 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I give up my guns, ammo, and regular magazines should be your state motto.
As well  as i love paying the king's men and being in a union, voluntarily.
View Quote

You’re much too nice.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I Pissed in that jug, enjoy
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#12]
(Removed~guns762)
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
So I guess they will let the state flag of MS tattoo slide?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There are no mental gymnastics involved. The Rebel flag to most southerners I know is about rebellion . We said fuck you to the north . We lost the war but the rebel and his fuck you attitude never changed . I bet we would win round two bigly.
View Quote

And to the black people down here it is about slavery. Shits not hard to figure out. I don't care if someone flies the flag. It doesn't have anything to do with me. But I sure as shit understand why black people see the flag differently.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And to the black people down here it is about slavery. Shits not hard to figure out. I don't care if someone flies the flag. It doesn't have anything to do with me. But I sure as shit understand why black people see the flag differently.
View Quote

“Black people?” That’s racist, you racist.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Sad day for the Marines!!!! I have two of these flags, one in my garage and one in my shop.  They are part of the USA's history!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im not black .
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
And many see the American flag the same way which flew over slavery a whole lot longer and continues to "oppress" them today. Do we let that slide or if offends black people, which some can't even stand or look at it during the national anthem, dictate the meaning of it for the rest of us?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Edgy, fuck AMERICAN veterans right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you find it normal to fly the Nazi Germany flag? I don't get this retarded argument. Nobody is saying suppress the history. They're just saying you're a fool for associating with the Confederacy by flying the flag as if that is some sort of conservative, romantic, freedom inspiring move on your part.

Why would you want to allow the USMC to publicly display the flag of a beaten enemy in that way? Would you have a problem with a soldier of German heritage flying the Nazi flag because it's in his family history? What about the 1940s Japanese Rising Sun flag? How about a Lebanese Marine flying a Hezbollah flag? I mean, we need to be fair and equitable in the application of the rules, right?
View Quote

Difference is none of those flags had Americans dying for them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Technically the USMC should fly their original flag (The Gadsden). The EGA came later and changed over the years.

The first Marines enlisted in the city of Philadelphia and carried drums painted yellow and depicting a coiled rattlesnake with thirteen rattles along with the motto "Don't Tread on Me." This is the first recorded mention of the future Gadsden flag's symbolism.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Don’t like it move to a free service.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And many see the American flag the same way which flew over slavery a whole lot longer and continues to "oppress" them today. Do we let that slide or if offends black people, which some can't even stand or look at it during the national anthem, dictate the meaning of it for the rest of us?
View Quote

Bingo how many people on here would piss their pants once the left moves from the low hanging fruit of the CSA and start attacking the founding fathers
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bingo how many people on here would piss their pants once the left moves from the low hanging fruit of the CSA and start attacking the founding fathers
View Quote

They already do attack the founders. The Marine Corp is not "dictating" the meaning of the Confederate flag.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They already do attack the founders. The Marine Corp is not "dictating" the meaning of the Confederate flag.
View Quote

And wtf does that have to do with anything
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Japanese still use the same flags as in WW2.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf9BTncUZqY
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:33:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Very few people owned slaves in the South. Most were large plantation owners.

So what?

99.99 % of Confederate soldiers were just poor farm boys caught up in something much larger.

Even more reason to shun the Confederacy. You said it yourself. They were simply caught up in a bad situation. Not like they supported it, supported slavery, and supported the secession, right? Or is this where you double back and tell me about their proud Confederate heritage?

They were fighting for their country, not slavery.

If they just got caught up in it, how was it their country? Months before their country was the United States. Are you telling me all of a sudden they changed nationality and grew all this heartfelt support for their new secessionist government?

Furthermore if their own people had not rounded them up in Africa and sold them to slave traders there would not have been any slaves.

Ah yes, the moral equivalency logical fallacy. Good one. This fact you stated clearly absolves the Confederacy because someone else was doing it too half way across the globe.

If the Confederate flag offends someone they need a history lesson.

SSG Ret.
TN & TX ARNG 66-06
SCV

BTW-I am not black-my 1970 Chevelle is.
View Quote

I think you need to rethink your arguments.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Edited ~ medicmandan
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nice strawman, but I would rather see someone fly a Nazi flag than see them punished for it by law. I've seen the Soviet and ISIS flags more than once on display and fail to see the difference.

I thought part of being a Marine was to develop thick skin. Is "God, Country, Corps" now "care about my sensitivities"? So first it was an "Army of One"; are the marines becoming special snowflakes as well?

ETA: Does one really want their fighting force to be allowed to be offended so easily?
View Quote

Service members don't have any freedom, especially in the applications of duties. Nobody here is saying we should outlaw anything. That's a red herring if you're trying to keep count of logical fallacies.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top