Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:56:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's my boss.
View Quote

Can you please have a talk with him about his haircut?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm pretty sure he's AI so probably not.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
With a hostile native population that doesn't like rich white boys buying up all the islands.
View Quote

Like that fucking matters one bit. Walled/fenced property with employed local porters doing all his shopping.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:15:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's my boss.
View Quote

mr_creedy_disgusting.gif
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:16:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.  All of these billionaires are building bunkers.  Makes you wonder what they know.
View Quote

Oh we know what they know. 2030 and all that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 2:09:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Pussy, all of the fun will be CONUS when everything turns to shit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 2:23:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.  All of these billionaires are building bunkers.  Makes you wonder what they know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hawaii would be one of the last places I would want to build a survivalist compound.

what is it that you think you dont know and they do? Society going to shit?  yes, thats no secret. economies crashing?  sure looks bleek.  I think we all know what they know, but the difference is, we really dont know what to do about it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 2:28:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Banks and Financial Orgs will know about all the Bad Stuff, days or weeks before it pops up on our radar.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 2:30:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is on Kauai and the native population is small and on the opposite side of a mountain range.  I have seen the plans.
View Quote

Yep, and you can bet the security teams they have on retainer for SHTF will disappear someone who crosses their perimeter.  Assuming some currency/store of value, somewhere, is still worth something....I imagine the Security guys will still be on the clock for that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 2:32:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Once society falls apart, do you think the chinese will not just nuke/invade places like HI?  While its a nice vacay spot, I would not hang my hat on HI as the place I want to spend out the rest of my families days since once all fuel is depleted your never leaving until the next resonance of sailing ships.  You would be better suited holding up in one of the vast continents like north America like somewhere in west Texas where there is no at least publicly known nuke targets where you have access to a very deep water well and a shit load of long storage food and patience for a meager life.  Well thats what id do, if I had that dudes money.
View Quote

China will collapse sooner than the US, in any scenario.  They've got a big enough problem holding that country together when everything is fine...a big financial/logistical hiccup (like the US Dollar failing, a massive pandemic, or the oil tankers stop showing up) and it's back to the 19th Century for them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do they have an infinite supply of ammunition for them?

One or two interactions with the slow natives will galvanize the swifter ones into coming up with creative means to exhaust said ammo. Rinse and repeat with small arms until the compound can effectively be stormed and seiged simply by sealing off exits and airshafts - then waiting them out.

Bonus points for attacking any generators left above ground, or by plugging the exhausts of those below.
View Quote

Africa, Asia, and South America are full of Billionaire's compounds, surrounded by starving masses of poor people.....yet they remain unstormed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 2:41:00 AM EDT
[#12]
In the shadow of a volcano subject to tsunamis, fires etc... Makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 3:03:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I were that rich, I'd buy an island that's not under any jurisdiction, build a fortress mansion with enough freeze dried food to feed a couple dozen people for 20 years.  I'd install half a dozen Mark 45 naval guns (127mm autoloading cannons) with a handful of Mk-19 CROWS sentry guns around the island and have a small fleet of thermal-equipped C4 suicide drones.  The island would have no docks and artificial concrete reefs would prevent boats from approaching... there would only be a helipad and an underwater submersible entrance.
View Quote

What?  No sharks with lasers on their heads?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 3:16:47 AM EDT
[#14]
How many AR’s for 100 million?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 3:35:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In the shadow of a volcano subject to tsunamis, fires etc... Makes perfect sense.
View Quote

Closest active volcano is on the big island, 300 miles away.  Build site is 50-100' elevation, so no issues from a tsunami.  10-15 miles from the wettest spot on earth, so low fire risk.  

Pretty sure it's not a SHTF shelter, but something to hunker down if a cat 3 hurricane or worse hits.  He's pissed off so many people that he wouldn't last 24 hours in a SHTF scenario.  Remember the Simpson's episode where Montgomery Burns gets shot and the whole town has a motive?  It would be like that except no one would care who did it and no jury out here would convict.  He has peers (other billionaires) but few if any friends, just people wanting some of his $$$.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 3:43:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought ocean levels were rising ?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:02:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mortars sourced from military installations around HI. Fuck yo automated defense shit.
View Quote

Crams were made to deal with rockets and mortars. Plus I doubt the military there will give it up to some random guys
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Of course they know. They’re the ones destroying society and as a result the world as we know it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hawaii would be one of the last places I would want to build a survivalist compound.

Of course they know. They’re the ones destroying society and as a result the world as we know it.

Half of GD is building the best bunker they can and doesn't know shit.  If you've got a billion, you hedge and bunker building is a pretty fun hedge at a billion.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is inside Mount Waialeale, the inactive volcano on Kuaui.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188107/IMG_3859_jpeg-3060917.JPG
View Quote

Wai being the Polynesian word for "fresh water." Waialelae means "ripping (fresh) water". You're not going to die of thirst on the east 2/3 of the island. Which is where Zuck is.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Built on a volcanic island…sounds about right
View Quote

Escape hatch doesn’t work too well from under 40 feet of lava.

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:59:16 AM EDT
[#22]
It's actually a pretty solid location except it's a lot more accessible than appreciated.  You take the time and money and build up good relationships in the surrounding community and you're pretty well set.  That whole "relationships in the surrounding community" and the ability to maintain it under stress is the big part.

The whole fort up and kill anyone who comes after my spam is not typically a winning strategy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:03:14 AM EDT
[#23]
If Zuckerberg is one of the survivors after a cataclysmic event, do you REALLY want to be one of the other ones?

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:08:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
With a hostile native population that doesn't like rich white boys buying up all the islands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Built on a volcanic island sounds about right

That is a strategic location in the coming war with China.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And what we don't.

#7k
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what we don't.

#7k

Wait, you aren't building bunkers?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Once society falls apart, do you think the chinese will not just nuke/invade places like HI?  While its a nice vacay spot, I would not hang my hat on HI as the place I want to spend out the rest of my families days since once all fuel is depleted your never leaving until the next resonance of sailing ships.  You would be better suited holding up in one of the vast continents like north America like somewhere in west Texas where there is no at least publicly known nuke targets where you have access to a very deep water well and a shit load of long storage food and patience for a meager life.  Well thats what id do, if I had that dudes money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s closer to China for most of these traitors.

That really Renaissanced with me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

what is it that you think you dont know and they do? Society going to shit?  yes, thats no secret. economies crashing?  sure looks bleek.  I think we all know what they know, but the difference is, we really dont know what to do about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

END THE FED BEFOFE THE FED ENDS YOU
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#28]

I hope he's stocked up on BBQ sauce.

(That's a joke that works on a couple of different levels.)
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:15:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

China will collapse sooner than the US, in any scenario.  They've got a big enough problem holding that country together when everything is fine...a big financial/logistical hiccup (like the US Dollar failing, a massive pandemic, or the oil tankers stop showing up) and it's back to the 19th Century for them.
View Quote

And US
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:17:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Zuckerberg is one of the survivors after a cataclysmic event, do you REALLY want to be one of the other ones?

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, good luck finding security and support personnel that won't turn on you later on.  They won't come without their families, so it gets complicated quickly.  Nobody after SHTF is going to want to have a boss that does nothing.  Better to just kill the boss and everyone else works together and splits the resources.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the tricky part.

Yeah, good luck finding security and support personnel that won't turn on you later on.  They won't come without their families, so it gets complicated quickly.  Nobody after SHTF is going to want to have a boss that does nothing.  Better to just kill the boss and everyone else works together and splits the resources.

Why wait until shtf to establish a communist utopia?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#32]
It does seem really odd that he'd have his name associated with it. If I were to purchase such a compound I'd do everything I could to maintain anonymity. That would be especially true if I were an evil cocksucker who many knew contributed greatly to the demise of western civilization.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:26:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Last estimated volcanic eruption on Kauai was over 10,000 years ago.  So, if you bet the trend...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm obviously not a geologist, architect, or engineer; but, is a volcanic Island the best place to build a survivalist estate?  I would think something that is inland, moderate climate, and plenty of fresh water would be the ideal place.  IDK.

Last estimated volcanic eruption on Kauai was over 10,000 years ago.  So, if you bet the trend...

Better odds than "nuclear powers don't fight" (74 years) and "the US will never fail" (247 years)
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It does seem really odd that he'd have his name associated with it. If I were to purchase such a compound I'd do everything I could to maintain anonymity. That would be especially true if I were an evil cocksucker who many knew contributed greatly to the demise of western civilization.
View Quote

Maybe this is the compound everyone knows about.  And there are two or three others that are better kept secrets.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe this is the compound everyone knows about.  And there are two or three others that are better kept secrets.
View Quote

Yep, Real bunker is in New Zealand
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Doesn't the Bush family have an extensive compound in Belize?

Belize appears to pop up on the radar from time to time with the elites.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Especially as a haolie  billionaire! It's only yours if you  can keep it. His no nothing small ass hasn't got a chance outside of his security department,  and those days are limmited when push come to shove. I lived there for "years " as an "accepted " outsider, he will meet tunder, an lightning and get cracks and Cadillac's in quick order if he tries any local moves,  he got no love aready because his land restrictions. What used to be free access became fu mokes right quick. And for you not familiar,  it's a very dirty word if ya know what I meanAttachment Attached File

ame
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No shit, pick a place that has resources, not ports to unload everything you need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit, pick a place that has resources, not ports to unload everything you need.

All the fresh water you could want, 12 month growing cycle, no dangerous animals, lots of prey, population of less than 100k, some of the best weather on the planet.

I don't know, doesn't sound terrible to me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

All the fresh water you could want, 12 month growing cycle, no dangerous animals, lots of prey, population of less than 100k, some of the best weather on the planet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because you're thinking, not reacting. You'll never fit in with the cool kids with that approach.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Hawaii ?  Thats a awful place, small Nd over crowded,  limited resupply.

That idiot has unlimited resources,  were i him, id buy a tiny island 1000 miles from nearest inhabited island and build there, refurb a old remote ww2 bunker, or build one, or buy 100,000 acres of worthless desert in Nevada,  put it deep in a remote canyon 100 miles from the nearest road,  or buy a few thiusand acres in bfe alaska deep in the bush, much less likely to wind up murdered by angry neighbors.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I did some landscape work on Arthur Blank's house in Atlanta back in the summer of 1999, right before the big Y2K panic. He had a bunker, huge CAT diesel generator, 5000 gallon fuel tank and who knows what else in the backyard of his estate in preparation for Y2K. Wealthy preppers are an interesting bunch.
View Quote

A true survival compound should be far from any Blue Shit Hole city that is full of acorn-brained savage looter types and is a likely nuke target.

ZuckerMarx probably wants to be far from the nuked wasteland continental US after he and his comrades spark WWIII.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near the ring of fire
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Dear Employer: I regret to inform you that, due to current circumstances, I will no longer be able to pilot your Global 7500 to take you away from the ongoing chaos. I understand I am your employee and have a responsibility to be available to fly you and your family wherever and whenever you choose.

However, given the current civil unrest, I have a higher obligation to MY family that I must honor. Good luck and I hope you don’t mind that I am borrowing your airplane to hop around the country and retrieve my children to be with me.

Best regards,

AA717driver
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well depopulation is a publicly stated and repeated goal.

But it's possible that the rich just get the prepper bug and have shtf fantasies too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

There were plenty of NDAs  but at the end of the day, somebody has got to build it and most of those somebodies  have no love for Zuck.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, it will be a hot military target for sure and probably why he will need that shelter.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It looks like a wig the way his hair is plastered down.

He's probably bald to ear level.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Those rich fuckers better have ALOT of faith in their security staff.

If the world reverts to a time of warlords and "might makes right" then the people they have working for them who are good at war might get some ideas.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top