Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The director of the first episode just came right out and confirmed this regarding fan theories about the figure depicted in the stained glass:

Click To View Spoiler

It’s seems kinda strange that the director for an MCU tv show would just come right out and say something like that right after the first episode aired.  Usually they are pretty tight lipped about things of that nature.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The director of the first episode just came right out and confirmed this regarding fan theories about the figure depicted in the stained glass:

Click To View Spoiler

It’s seems kinda strange that the director for an MCU tv show would just come right out and say something like that right after the first episode aired.  Usually they are pretty tight lipped about things of that nature.
View Quote

Chinese .gov don’t dig their subjects watching anything depicting devils.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Within the first minute we get a powerful black woman who doesn’t put up with a white males bullshit. In this case, a gender fluid white male god. She then proceeds to brutalize him with a baton, in slow motion no less. I guess Loki is only a God when the script calls for it.

Not long after, we get a strong Latina women who looks eerily similar to AOC as a judge. Guuuurl power! Luckily a CIS white male (Owen Wilson) is able to mansplain to her why they need Loki, much to the powerful black womenz char-grin.  

I hope you guys like your weekly dose of subtle SJWism.

I personally watch now to see how subtle or not subtle it’s getting.

So far, I’d give Loki a B+ for keeping white male hate relatively low key where people with sub 100 IQs are not seeing past the BS.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Within the first minute we get a powerful black woman who doesn’t put up with a white males bullshit. In this case, a gender fluid white male god. She then proceeds to brutalize him with a baton, in slow motion no less. I guess Loki is only a God when the script calls for it.

Not long after, we get a strong Latina women who looks eerily similar to AOC as a judge. Guuuurl power! Luckily a CIS white male (Owen Wilson) is able to mansplain to her why they need Loki, much to the powerful black womenz char-grin.  

So far, I’d give Loki a B+ for keeping white male hate relatively low key where people with sub 100 IQs are not seeing past the BS.
View Quote

Life must be very hard for you to navigate.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Another example of the GD double standard.

The NBA? “Fuck those woke commies!”

Disney? “I mean, this is different becuz Marvel or becuz Star Wars.”
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

almost done.  it's pretty good for episode 1.

ETA: done - I retract my "pretty good" and replace it with "pretty fucking awesome"
View Quote

I liked it too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh yeah you conservatives are a great example.

Keep giving your money to the people that will enslave you.

View Quote

It's actually ok to leave the basement from time to time
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck Disney. Cancelled their service.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sad day or not when one actor has more talent than the entire cast of the falcon and winter soldier.
View Quote

That I haven't watched, boy said it was lame so took his word for it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a well thought out and constructed response.

If you think the casting of “powerful black womenz” and the AOC judge were not deliberate, in sending an underlining message, you must have a very hard time navigating life.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Best start of any MCU tv series yet.  Hoping it keeps its momentum.  

After this I’m not excited for anything MCU until Hawkeye.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you think the casting of “powerful black womenz” and the AOC judge were not deliberate, in sending an underlining message, you must have a very hard time navigating life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate SJW bullshit more than most.  You are really stretching with your statement.  You expected zero poc or what? You sound like a tard if that’s your only argument.   I didn’t notice any sjw bullshit because I didn’t look for it.  It wasn’t blatant.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hate SJW bullshit more than most.  You are really stretching with your statement.  You expected zero poc or what? You sound like a tard if that’s your only argument.   I didn’t notice any sjw bullshit because I didn’t look for it.  It wasn’t blatant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I go based off casting / script writing.

Casting a powerful black womenz who shows up within the first minute and hits a home run off Loki’s chin does not go with normal “script writing.”

Reminds me of the new Cap series on Disney where the black panther women (no superpowers) stand toe to toe with Winter Soldier and Captain America,  but also do what they want when they want, “because reasons” (hint it’s because their black and we have to treat all black characters with kids gloves now)

Normally, if you have a character that is going to perform some miraculous feat, in this case, besting a god, you provide some backstory as to how the character was able to accomplish this feat.

Instead, we get no backstory, just a scene played out.

From there, I question why it was written in at all.

Obviously Loki needed to be captured to further the plot.

But did he need to be captured by a big black womenz in a 1 v 1 scenario where he gets knocked the f’out with a billy club style stick? It’s almost as if the female director has some sick fetish about cocky white males getting what they deserve… And had the Black womenz use a weapon you would have seen officers use on blacks in the 60’s… Powerfully subtle!

The obvious answer is… no.

They could have written it a million different ways.

So why a black womenz? Who is just a made up character we’ve never met before?

This must be your first foray into subliminal messaging.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Casting a powerful black womenz who shows up within the first minute and hits a home run off Loki’s chin does not go with normal “script writing.”

Reminds me of the new Cap series on Disney where the black panther women (no superpowers) stand toe to toe with Winter Soldier and Captain America,  but also do what they want when they want, “because reasons.”

Normally, if you have a character that is going to perform some miraculous feat, in this case, beating a god, you provide some backstory as to how the character was able to accomplish this feat.

But did he need to be captured by a big black womenz in a 1 v 1 scenario where he gets knocked the f’out with a billy club style stick? It’s almost as if the female director has some sick fetish about cocky white males getting what they deserve…

How sweet… I remember my first beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminds me of the new Cap series on Disney where the black panther women (no superpowers) stand toe to toe with Winter Soldier and Captain America,  but also do what they want when they want, “because reasons.”

Normally, if you have a character that is going to perform some miraculous feat, in this case, beating a god, you provide some backstory as to how the character was able to accomplish this feat.

But did he need to be captured by a big black womenz in a 1 v 1 scenario where he gets knocked the f’out with a billy club style stick? It’s almost as if the female director has some sick fetish about cocky white males getting what they deserve…

How sweet… I remember my first beer.

Yes.  You seem tarded.  If that’s what they had to do to keep more sjw nonsense out I’m good.  

The fact it triggers you says a lot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, I can't cancel it. It's "free" with my cell service.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Reminds me of the new Cap series on Disney where the black panther women (no superpowers) stand toe to toe with Winter Soldier and Captain America,  but also do what they want when they want, “because reasons” (hint it’s because their black and we have to treat all black characters with kids gloves now)

Normally, if you have a character that is going to perform some miraculous feat, in this case, besting a god, you provide some backstory as to how the character was able to accomplish this feat.

But did he need to be captured by a big black womenz in a 1 v 1 scenario where he gets knocked the f’out with a billy club style stick? It’s almost as if the female director has some sick fetish about cocky white males getting what they deserve… And had the Black womenz use a weapon you would have seen officers use on blacks in the 60’s… Powerfully subtle!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're really reading into subtext that just isn't there. The TVA are clearly a power beyond comprehension, something that should have been abundantly clear to you. Even the most powerful artifacts in our universe, the infinity stones, are useless baubles to them.

And that "billy club" has the ability to completely erase him from existence.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't care...

Don't care about Marvel Universe and these fucking stupid spinoffs...

I thought with End Game we'd be done with fucking stupid Avengers and movie spinoffs....

But noooooo, they had to launch all these fing stupid series.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are REALLY reaching on some of that, IMO.

Firstly, Loki might be a god, but he isn't that great or durable at hand-to-hand combat w/o his magic.  A weapon like that catching him off guard (especially a few minutes after the battle in New York) and rocking his world is totally believable.

Secondly, your whole "black woman brutalizing a white male" SJW claim goes up in smoke when 30 minutes later that white male makes that black woman his bitch and hilariously humiliates her.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't care...

Don't care about Marvel Universe and these fucking stupid spinoffs...

I thought with End Game we'd be done with fucking stupid Avengers and movie spinoffs....

But noooooo, they had to launch all these fing stupid series.
View Quote

"Our MCU movies make $500M+ like clockwork and we just had the highest grossing movie OF ALL TIME racking in $2.8 BILLION.  Well, I guess it's time to call it quits."
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Marvel needs to stop with all the time travel plots, they suck at it. They should leave that to Back to the Future.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"Our MCU movies make $500M+ like clockwork and we just had the highest grossing movie OF ALL TIME racking in $2.8 BILLION.  Well, I guess it's time to call it quits."
View Quote

Not to mention that plans for these shows and movies had been announced years ago, before endgame.. we knew alot more was coming in Phase 4, so not sure why anyone thought it was suddenly just.. over...
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#22]
ZOMG, I really wish the people that want to shit all over Disney would just STAY.THE.FUCK.OUT. Of these threads. You hate Disney. I get it. We all get it. But we're not here to discuss the socio-politics of Disney. We're here to nerd out over fun comic book stuff. Every once In a while, some of us like to escape from reality and just enjoy the story for what it is. A story.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ZOMG, I really wish the people that want to shit all over Disney would just STAY.THE.FUCK.OUT. Of these threads. You hate Disney. I get it. We all get it. But we're not here to discuss the socio-politics of Disney. We're here to nerd out over fun comic book stuff. Every once In a while, some of us like to escape from reality and just enjoy the story for what it is. A story.
View Quote

We wouldn’t have this in a tech forum.

SciFi/Fantasy Arf sub forum
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, the way the new Captain America series was centered on racism / downplayed radical terrorism was so fun to nerd out over.

El o El.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Firstly, Loki might be a god, but he isn't that great or durable at hand-to-hand combat w/o his magic.  A weapon like that catching him off guard (especially a few minutes after the battle in New York) and rocking his world is totally believable.

Secondly, your whole "black woman brutalizing a white male" SJW claim goes up in smoke when 30 minutes later that white male makes that black woman his bitch and hilariously humiliates her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we are not watching the same show?

The black lady teed off on his face. She’s batting 1000. He didn’t even attempt to dodge it. WTF does that have to do with Loki not having a weapon? Is he really that inept that a normal person has faster reflexes than him? Also, he had his powers at that point, so you are wrong there.

On your second point you assume it’s settled? I’d be willing to bet the black woman gets her revenge.

Lastly, if Loki is such a pleb, why not have the bad ass black lady do the job they are hiring Loki to do?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know, the DC universe is an alternative....I prefer the DC universe, can't stand Marvel (well, how Disney spins Marvel)
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You could always sail the high seas instead.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The black lady teed off on his face. She’s batting 1000. He didn’t even attempt to dodge it. WTF does that have to do with Loki not having a weapon? Is he really that inept that a normal person has faster reflexes than him? Also, he had his powers at that point, so you are wrong there.

On your second point you assume it’s settled? I’d be willing to bet the black woman gets her revenge.

Lastly, if Loki is such a pleb, why not have the bad ass black lady do the job they are hiring Loki to do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a few minutes after the battle in New York, Loki then got transported to a random location with a crash landing, and then a some random "ants" showed up he didn't consider much of a threat.  It is totally believable that Loki could get caught off guard in that situation and anyway who thinks that is so outrageously far-fetched is just looking for something to complain about.

Loki didn't use his magic because he didn't think he needed to.  And by the time he did, it was too late.

I'm not "assuming" anything.  I'm simply talking about what actually happened.  Not about what may or not happen later.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You know, the DC universe is an alternative....I prefer the DC universe, can't stand Marvel (well, how Disney spins Marvel)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing DC has done right in the last 20 years is their TV shows that I don’t watch so I don’t shit in threads about them, and the Nolan Batman movies. Everything else is glossy crap. Wonder Woman is just a collection of Gal Gadot beauty passes in a hot costume.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

DC films are mostly crap. Mostly. I liked the Nolan-verse Batman films. Man of Steel was OK. Agree with above poster about WW being beauty passes of Gal Godot. Snyder's Justice League was entertaining, and I liked it. And I'm intrigued by the Flash movie with Keaton returning at Batman.

But I like the MCU, in general.

Do I love some of the creative choices they make? No. But I can overlook it of the story is good. And sometimes IDGAF.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Watched: Enjoyed it immensely. The TVA is a fantastic concept.

I don’t like what will probably be obvious metaphors for the TVA as government and how necessary they are… but all good in episode 1.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I think this show might be awesome.

When I think of TVA, I think of Tennessee Valley Authority, any relation to Marvel's TVA or just coincidence? Didn't read the comics.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think this show might be awesome.

When I think of TVA, I think of Tennessee Valley Authority, any relation to Marvel's TVA or just coincidence? Didn't read the comics.
View Quote

I’m pretty sure Marvel’s doesn’t provide the Tenn. River Valley with electricity. And sweet .gov jobs.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Watched it last night.  Owen Wilson stole the show.  Hiddleston did a good job, as usual, as well.  The SJW stuff wasn't blatant IMO.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Loved it.

I would never pay for Disney +.

A subscription is included with my Verizon plan so I activated it. Sure.

I liked WandaVision very much.

Have not yet watched the Falcon and Winter Soldier show.

My daughter has been digging the old animated Disney stuff.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#36]
That whole "Avengers coming together to avenge Phil Coulson" thing still kinda causes me a slight eye roll.  Thor talked to him maybe 60 seconds prior to the movie. Cap met him for the first time in the movie.  Stark knew him the best, but even he barely knew him.  And yet Coulson gets killed after biting off more than he could chew and they act like a close family member or their lifelong BFF was killed.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don’t like what will probably be obvious metaphors for the TVA as government and how necessary they are… but all good in episode 1.
View Quote

NO!

No magic, Damn. What happens if an older timeline Thanos gets in there. He would fuck up all of those sissies and then be in control of all time. GEEZE. If Loki could get out of the neck restraint, Thanos sure as fuck could.

I love the first episode, i didnt like the TVA, but i can get past that. Loki is damn cool. I love a good bad guy; Thanos, Palpatine, Vader, Ultron, The Joker, Voldemort, Loki.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

NO!

No magic, Damn. What happens if an older timeline Thanos gets in there. He would fuck up all of those sissies and then be in control of all time. GEEZE. If Loki could get out of the neck restraint, Thanos sure as fuck could.

I love the first episode, i didnt like the TVA, but i can get past that. Loki is damn cool. I love a good bad guy; Thanos, Palpatine, Vader, Ultron, The Joker, Voldemort, Loki.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO!

Technically - what it seems like so far - the TVA is a highly powerful entity. As in, more-powerful-than-Thanos-powerful.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Technically - what it seems like so far - the TVA is a highly powerful entity. As in, more-powerful-than-Thanos-powerful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO!

Judging by Thanos’s past actions, he’d let one of them hit him with that stick and be disintegrated on the spot because he didn’t deem a glow stick a threat.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

NO!

View Quote

And there in lies the sub-plot.... Is Loki being compliant because he wants to change or is it because he saw how powerful the TVA was? They pass infinity stones out as paper weights... A god who wants to "free the universe" might try to capture such power.

Further, does Owen Wilson's character know this and is simply playing Loki for his own purposes?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In, I just hope it’s not a SJW fest
View Quote

You haven’t learned from the last several?

I don’t have high hopes on that. Therefore, I will not financially support Disney
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

topnow.se
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I liked it a lot.  I'll be interesting to see what they do in six episodes and if it ties into Doctor Strange.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In, I just hope it’s not a SJW fest
View Quote

???

Fuck Disney / China.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck Disney right in the mouse hole.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Well it finally came up on my Very Preferred... Nwebsite. Whatever, acronyms are hard.

Watching now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#47]
So if you mess up the timeline by being late to work then the TVA will arrest you, make you stand trial...for being late to work , and then they'll send you back in time and make you not late to work to fix the timeline?  If they can time travel, why didn't they just make you not late to work in the first place...

And for that random dude they disintegrated with the glow stick, didn't the TVA just mess up the timeline by disintegrating him?  He got arrested for messing something up with his timeline, but now that he's disintegrated they can't send him back to correct it
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So if you mess up the timeline by being late to work then the TVA will arrest you, make you stand trial...for being late to work , and then they'll send you back in time and make you not late to work to fix the timeline?  If they can time travel, why didn't they just make you not late to work in the first place...

And for that random dude they disintegrated with the glow stick, didn't the TVA just mess up the timeline by disintegrating him?  He got arrested for messing something up with his timeline, but now that he's disintegrated they can't send him back to correct it
View Quote

Maybe he cheated death and there's nothing to send him back to.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re reading far too much into it.  He was a plot device to show how powerful and capricious the TVA will be if you don’t play along.

I really liked it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You’re reading far too much into it.  He was a plot device to show how powerful and capricious the TVA will be if you don’t play along.

I really liked it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

Yes, I understood that.  But the plot should still make sense...
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top