Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:18:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I liked it a lot.  I'll be interesting to see what they do in six episodes and if it ties into Doctor Strange.
View Quote
That's exactly what I was thinking. This has to tie in, right?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m happy accepting that Captain America is a super soldier because of an injection, and Ironman uses a high-tech suit, and Gamma rays made the Hulk, but Holy Shit I get lost when everything is based on magic and the mystical powers of gods.

I’m going to give this a try this weekend, though. Need a new series to kill some off-duty time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes, I understood that.  But the plot should still make sense...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if you mess up the timeline by being late to work then the TVA will arrest you, make you stand trial...for being late to work , and then they'll send you back in time and make you not late to work to fix the timeline?  If they can time travel, why didn't they just make you not late to work in the first place...

And for that random dude they disintegrated with the glow stick, didn't the TVA just mess up the timeline by disintegrating him?  He got arrested for messing something up with his timeline, but now that he's disintegrated they can't send him back to correct it

You’re reading far too much into it.  He was a plot device to show how powerful and capricious the TVA will be if you don’t play along.

I really liked it.

Yes, I understood that.  But the plot should still make sense...

It does make sense. He was a variant. When the TVA went back to where he stepped off his intended path and corrected him, the one who screwed up becomes a duplicate in need of "pruning".
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 6:38:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What a well thought out and constructed response.

If you think the casting of “powerful black womenz” and the AOC judge were not deliberate, in sending an underlining message, you must have a very hard time navigating life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Within the first minute we get a powerful black woman who doesn’t put up with a white males bullshit. In this case, a gender fluid white male god. She then proceeds to brutalize him with a baton, in slow motion no less. I guess Loki is only a God when the script calls for it.

Not long after, we get a strong Latina women who looks eerily similar to AOC as a judge. Guuuurl power! Luckily a CIS white male (Owen Wilson) is able to mansplain to her why they need Loki, much to the powerful black womenz char-grin.  

Actually the stong black woman adds the comedy. It didn't seem forced.  I liked all the characters they were unique and fresh. Yes I hate the woke world and don't agree with it. But this show so far isn't woke.

I hope you guys like your weekly dose of subtle SJWism.

I personally watch now to see how subtle or not subtle it’s getting.

So far, I’d give Loki a B+ for keeping white male hate relatively low key where people with sub 100 IQs are not seeing past the BS.

Life must be very hard for you to navigate.

If you think the casting of “powerful black womenz” and the AOC judge were not deliberate, in sending an underlining message, you must have a very hard time navigating life.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think there's much internal consistency to Marvel magical characters. They can do, or are unable to do, whatever is called for by the plot. I think you have a point that with the point and blast magic that there's no real expectation as to what a character can do.

We see old Captain America and figure he can beat up ten guys in an elevator, but can't stop a tank. When he picks up Thor's hammer for a second or fights a vastly more powerful Iron Man, who basically is a flying tank, we see a hero showing grit and skill, not just being able to do something because of special powers.

I never finished the Dr Strange movie and looking back I wasn't that interested by the witch fights in Wandavision. The characters point at each other like they're having a tough poop and special effects have the bad guy winning until near the end of the show when the good guy wins
View Quote

Exactly.

Those hover-in-midair-and-shoot-lightning bolts-at-each-other fights in Wanda were so boring. Is that what other guys like?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked it a lot.  I'll be interesting to see what they do in six episodes and if it ties into Doctor Strange.

First thing I thought of was this series will set the stage for Multiverse of Madness.

Loki is gonna fuck everything up.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about when Wilson's character is standing before the AOC judge and says, "It seems I'm always looking up at you, which is a good thing."

That was good for a face palm.

So far it seems like Loki has been reduced to playing the befuddled office drone in 'Brazil.'
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Exactly.

Those hover-in-midair-and-shoot-lightning bolts-at-each-other fights in Wanda were so boring. Is that what other guys like?
View Quote

Vincent Price and Boris Karloff blasting each other with magic in 'The Raven' was pretty awesome.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#11]
So is that Agents of Shield series officially decanonized now? I wondered when they showed Coulson's death. Maybe in the new timeline it's permanent?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I’m pretty sure Marvel’s doesn’t provide the Tenn. River Valley with electricity. And sweet .gov jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think this show might be awesome.

When I think of TVA, I think of Tennessee Valley Authority, any relation to Marvel's TVA or just coincidence? Didn't read the comics.

I’m pretty sure Marvel’s doesn’t provide the Tenn. River Valley with electricity. And sweet .gov jobs.

It might though

Being in the cradle of TVA territory watching the series has an added level of funny to me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I wonder what pruning a timeline does to the innocent Mongolian sandpeople?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking about this while watching the show… those “bombs” (for lack of a better) term that the Minutemen drop before leaving might literally end that branch of the timeline… If so the TVA is more powerful than anything we’ve seen with the possible exception of the Eternals.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Exactly.

View Quote

Not particularly, but the costume made it somewhat more tolerable for me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing. To them, it's as if nothing ever happened.  Their timeline was reverted back to a version where Loki, and the TVA, never appeared.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Apparently TVA are in on the joke a little Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I am really impressed so far.  Really good stuff.

Paperweights, lol

I love the music.

The sudden self-awareness that he only exists to make the Avengers, the people he hates, even better...that was good.  Really knocked him down a peg, I think.

"Is this the greatest power in the universe?

The tears and emotion at the end were good.

Seeing yourself get strangled to death has to really make you question things.

oN mY wAy dOwN tO cOoRdInAtE sEaRcH aNd rEsCuE

Holy shit I just realized they pruned that guy's cart, which was just full of Infinity Stones.  BBBZZZZTTT out of existence.  This place must really be the greatest power in the universe.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:27:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Tom Hiddleston really is a fantastic actor.

Interesting note: I saw an interview with him and a few other MCU actors a few years back where the interviewers were testing the actors' Marvel knowledge.  Tom was the only one who could easily rattle off all 6 Infinity Stones when asked.  Kinda feels like he really puts the research into it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#20]
In news that shouldn't surprise anyone, Loki set a Disney+ record for most watched debut.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:59:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Loki straight up have an existential crisis towards the end of this episode was fantastic.

The ending music during the credits has me hooked.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tom Hiddleston really is a fantastic actor.

Interesting note: I saw an interview with him and a few other MCU actors a few years back where the interviewers were testing the actors' Marvel knowledge.  Tom was the only one who could easily rattle off all 6 Infinity Stones when asked.  Kinda feels like he really puts the research into it.
View Quote

I don't know if it's so much Hiddleston "really putting research into it" as much as it is him possessing above average (or better) intelligence and giving a shit while most of the other cast seem like morons and/or don't care.  Especially Evans and Hemsworth.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I really want to see the TVA give Thanos an existential crisis

Shit, he killed his daughter for the Soul Stone, only for some desk jockey to use it as a paperweight.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Loki Theme Season 2 | EPIC VERSION (End Credits Music Soundtrack)
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#25]
HAH this was recorded around 2012/2013... Tom Hiddleston's impression of Owen Wilson.

Tom Hiddleston impersonation at Popcorn Taxi: Owen Wilson as 'Loki'.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
HAH this was recorded around 2012/2013... Tom Hiddleston's impression of Owen Wilson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqc0UMwNKmg
View Quote

He’s gotten some mileage out of that one.

Tom Hiddleston's celebrity impressions | The Graham Norton Show - BBC

Tom Hiddleston impersonating Owen wilson
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Beat me to it, I was about to post some more.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:41:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Beat me to it, I was about to post some more.
View Quote

Well, you can still post the video of him doing impressions of Evans and Hemsworth if you want.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:49:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I just found it amusing that the ultimate power in the multiverse is bureaucracy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:00:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just found it amusing that the ultimate power in the multiverse is bureaucracy.
View Quote
I wonder if the Vogons will make a cameo?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:05:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So is that Agents of Shield series officially decanonized now? I wondered when they showed Coulson's death. Maybe in the new timeline it's permanent?
View Quote

It never was canon. It's always been the disowned red headed bastard stepchild
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:55:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never watched that show, but I do recall at least one of it's actors having some kind of Twitter meltdown regarding the MCU films treating the show like it doesn't exist.

I'm not sure what he/she was expecting.  The MCU films have dominated the movie scene for over a decade. Their little show, despite the massive success of the films, wasn't even one of the top 100 most watched shows on TV for the majority of it's run even though it was on ABC.  By the end they weren't even pulling 2M viewers an episode.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

Which is fine, since the show was “meh” - I was thrilled about it when it came on but it suffered from having to work around the movies while still referencing them in passing. Even to the point of having to add poorly written one-off filler episodes so as not to spoil anything from an MCU movie.

(Side note- how could it not be canon if they referred to and worked around things from actual canon?)
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

Which is fine, since the show was “meh” - I was thrilled about it when it came on but it suffered from having to work around the movies while still referencing them in passing. Even to the point of having to add poorly written one-off filler episodes so as not to spoil anything from an MCU movie.

(Side note- how could it not be canon if they referred to and worked around things from actual canon?)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

Not initially. Coulson was brought back to life with the Guest House drug, derived from the blood of a Kree.

There's a scene in the first season where he's in the backseat of a car interrogating the doctor, who tells him he'd been dead for 3 days before being brought back.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not initially. Coulson was brought back to life with the Guest House drug, derived from the blood of a Kree.

There's a scene in the first season where he's in the backseat of a car interrogating the doctor, who tells him he'd been dead for 3 days before being brought back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

…still open ended… that was more Christ allegory than anything. They may have only resurrected his body with the drug long enough to transfer his memories.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

…still open ended… that was more Christ allegory than anything. They may have only resurrected his body with the drug long enough to transfer his memories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

No, in fact Coulson had been in charge of that facility before the events of "Avengers" and having the Kree blood in his system is what enabled them to find the Kree temple.

They were experimenting with the drug there and the reason for the memory modification was that all of the patients who didn't receive it eventually went stark raving mad, all of them drawing the map to the temple in some manner. Coulson's was an impulse to carve it into the walls even with the memory modifications. Some drew it on the walls, and one even murdered people and carved it into their bodies. These were not LMDs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, in fact Coulson had been in charge of that facility before the events of "Avengers" and having the Kree blood in his system is what enabled them to find the Kree temple.

They were experimenting with the drug there and the reason for the memory modification was that all of the patients who didn't receive it eventually went stark raving mad, all of them drawing the map to the temple in some manner. Coulson's was an impulse to carve it into the walls even with the memory modifications. Some drew it on the walls, and one even murdered people and carved it into their bodies. These were not LMDs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

‘Aight. You’ve obviously kept closer track of the series than I did, and I watched it ‘til the Kree/future storyline (I watched through it but ugh, it got terrible when they incorporated the Inhumans… which shouldn’t have sucked but it did.) I deleted the whole final season off the DVR without watching it.

What was the half season of Coulson being an LMD all about though?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

‘Aight. You’ve obviously kept closer track of the series than I did, and I watched it ‘til the Kree/future storyline (I watched through it but ugh, it got terrible when they incorporated the Inhumans… which shouldn’t have sucked but it did.) I deleted the whole final season off the DVR without watching it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

There were a few times he was an LMD and it was past when the season fully went off the rails.  A sentient android named Aida copied his consciousness into one and implanted him in the group to kidnap the others. This was during the Framework (basically the Matrix) part of the series. Later Jemma built him as one after his death, right before they started time traveling.  

The series wasn't terrible, but it went way off the rails quite a bit. Once they stopped trying to tie in with the events of the movies, it got really crazy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There were a few times he was an LMD and it was past when the season fully went off the rails.  A sentient android named Aida copied his consciousness into one and implanted him in the group to kidnap the others. This was during the Framework (basically the Matrix) part of the series. Later Jemma built him as one after his death, right before they started time traveling.  

The series wasn't terrible, but it went way off the rails quite a bit. Once they stopped trying to tie in with the events of the movies, it got really crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

I stopped watching right about when Skye turned evil/rogue/whatever. Sounds like I didn’t miss much.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I stopped watching right about when Skye turned evil/rogue/whatever. Sounds like I didn’t miss much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget,
Click To View Spoiler

The viewership numbers are pretty telling.  The series finale didn't even pull 1.5M viewers.

Keep in mind this is a primetime show on ABC.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone else get a little jealous of Owen Wilson drinking a Josta?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Why do you ppl insist on funding companies that HATE your very existence?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why do you and your ilk feel the need to lecture us, Karen?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Explain how I’m funding such a company.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Simple: I'm not so obsessive over politics that I view literally everything through a political lens.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Only thing I didn’t like was Tom’s fake laugh/chuckle
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Read something that said Loki was going to be gender fluid. If so I’ll not be watching
View Quote

The Netflix series ragnarok has a gender fluid Loki. This show has nothing to do with the MCU.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#49]
I saw a few people complaining that the premiere episode "ruined" the MCU.

Endgame was the satisfying ending to a decade long saga I was hoping for (unlike a certain fantasy TV show ) and that story is over.  So, even IF Loki ruined the MCU, I don't think there's much to ruin going forward.  There's a grand total of 20 MCU titles on the books after Loki and I have at least some interest in two of them.  MAYBE three.  Though my interest level is such that if any or all of them were canceled it wouldn't exactly ruin my day.

At this point all I care about is whether an MCU product entertains me.  The first episode of Loki did that.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Is this a nod to Stan Lee at about 15 minutes in or is that supposed to be the comic book Agent Mobius?

Attachment Attached File
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top