Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Good second episode, except the brief moment at the end. Built up what the other Loki variant was up to and set up a pretty big cliffhanger.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Just FYI, there’s not a Haven Hills in Alabama.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#6]
TY all for spoiler tags... Didn't realize the 2nd episode aired before I started reading.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

"Sold regionally on Earth between 2047 and 2051".
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I really enjoyed the second episode. Good show.

Seems like this is setting up the next Doctor Strange movie.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Yep, I missed that. I watched it at 5:30 this morning when I woke up early.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the idea of this movie....multiverse and time travel
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Serious question, ignoring how weak the storylines have been in nearly all things disney why would anyone support that leftist extremist organization?  

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Serious question, ignoring how weak the storylines have been in nearly all things disney why would anyone support that leftist extremist organization?  

View Quote

Great question!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yarr harr diddly dee
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

A Disney+ subscription was included with my Verizon plan as was Hulu. I wouldn't pay for a Disney+ subscription otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Fucking spoiler tags. What a PITA just to read the thread. Can’t we just discuss the show without worrying about some sensitive types who haven’t seen it? WTF are they even doing in this thread if they A) Haven’t seen the show and B) Don’t want to be “spoiled”? Geez, fuck ‘em!
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I liked the opening scene and I liked the closing scene.  Pretty much everything in between was mostly "eh," IMO.  

Loki swatting at Miss Minutes was funny though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I really hope that "female Loki" wasn't the Enchantress because the Enchantress is supposed to be sex on a stick and in that scene she had about as much sex appeal as a Walmart greeter.

Speaking of which: anyone else notice that for women and gay guys the MCU is filled with eye candy, but for straight men we pretty much just have Elizabeth Olson?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Next episode is gonna be real interesting based off of those little timeline resetting bombs she planted.

Quoted:
I really hope that "female Loki" wasn't the Enchantress because the Enchantress is supposed to be sex on a stick and in that scene she had about as much sex appeal as a Walmart greeter.

Speaking of which: anyone else notice that for women and gay guys the MCU is filled with eye candy, but for straight men we pretty much just have Elizabeth Olson?
View Quote

Look at the Spanish credits. Sylvie is listed instead of “the variant” in the English credits.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Next episode is gonna be real interesting based off of those little timeline resetting bombs she planted.

Look at the Spanish credits. Sylvie is listed instead of “the variant” in the English credits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#24]
So the success of Loki on Wednesdays has prompted D+ to release all forthcoming shows on Wednesdays.

Lame
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Got woke for a bit with all the “Future climate doomsday’s”

And “life is all chaos…no God” spins.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#26]
You guys seriously

While some of the exposition of dialogue was a bit long, the opening and closing scenes were great.

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have a "hot/crazy" type matrix for SJW shit.  The better a show is overall: the more tolerable the SJW shit is.   The worse a show is overall: the less leeway they get for SJW shit.

S2 of The Boys was pretty much the worse case scenario.  Lazy/bad writing all season and probably the most SJW shit I've ever seen from a once good show in my life.

https://miro.medium.com/max/1136/1*79nRWhJ2hYzpHfXnSGc5hQ.jpeg
View Quote

You started the last season of GOT thread and you have the audacity to shit on The Boys?

How fucking high are you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why do you ppl insist on funding companies that HATE your very existence?
View Quote

There's plenty of places you can watch it without paying Disney.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Within the first minute we get a powerful black woman who doesn’t put up with a white males bullshit. In this case, a gender fluid white male god. She then proceeds to brutalize him with a baton, in slow motion no less. I guess Loki is only a God when the script calls for it.

Not long after, we get a strong Latina women who looks eerily similar to AOC as a judge. Guuuurl power! Luckily a CIS white male (Owen Wilson) is able to mansplain to her why they need Loki, much to the powerful black womenz char-grin.  

I hope you guys like your weekly dose of subtle SJWism.

I personally watch now to see how subtle or not subtle it’s getting.

So far, I’d give Loki a B+ for keeping white male hate relatively low key where people with sub 100 IQs are not seeing past the BS.
View Quote

I have a feeling your screen name doesn’t check out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#30]
This is by far the best post-endgame series that the MCU has put out.

It’s the first one I’ve watched and enjoyed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#31]
2nd episode was a lot better than the first.  I hate every TVA character with a passion except Moebius/Owen Wilson.  I don't know if TVA are intended to be so dislikable.
Hiding before disasters to not alter timelines was a neat concept.

Quoted:

View Quote

Floki looked pretty enough, though not sexy or not yet I guess.  Dunno anything about Enchantress.

While I agree Elizabeth Olsen is top, come on there's still Scarlet, Colbie Smulders, Haley Atwell and others.  Granted not much of those seen and not many fanservice shots anymore.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You started the last season of GOT thread and you have the audacity to shit on The Boys?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a "hot/crazy" type matrix for SJW shit.  The better a show is overall: the more tolerable the SJW shit is.   The worse a show is overall: the less leeway they get for SJW shit.

S2 of The Boys was pretty much the worse case scenario.  Lazy/bad writing all season and probably the most SJW shit I've ever seen from a once good show in my life.

https://miro.medium.com/max/1136/1*79nRWhJ2hYzpHfXnSGc5hQ.jpeg

You either misunderstood what I typed or your memory isn't the best because, as atrocious and series-breaking as the writing in S8 of GoT was, the SJW factor wasn't even in the same ballpark as S2 of The Boys.  They were about as subtle about it as a 2x4 across the face.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
2nd episode was a lot better than the first.  I hate every TVA character with a passion except Moebius/Owen Wilson.  I don't know if TVA are intended to be so dislikable.

Floki looked pretty enough, though not sexy or not yet I guess.  Dunno anything about Enchantress.

While I agree Elizabeth Olsen is top, come on there's still Scarlet, Colbie Smulders, Haley Atwell and others.  Granted not much of those seen and not many fanservice shots anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Enchantress I was talking about is known for her "unparalleled beauty."  Maybe it's just me, but I don't look at the below picture and see anything close to "unparalleled beauty."

Scarlet was very, very hot in her day, but I don't think she's looked great since Age of Ultron (or whatever the last movie she was in before she cut off most of the hair on her head and bleached what was left).

I'll definitely give you Colbie Smulders, but in the entire MCU she has been on screen for maybe 20 minutes.

Same with Haley Atwell.  Since First Avenger came out a decade ago I'm pretty sure her non-old version has been on screen for no more than 60 seconds.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Enchantress I was talking about is known for her "unparalleled beauty."  Maybe it's just me, but I don't look at the below picture and see anything close to "unparalleled beauty."

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/loki-sophia-di-martino-lady-loki-1623831997.jpg?crop=0.419xw:1.00xh;0.346xw,0&resize=480:*

Scarlet was very, very hot in her day, but I don't think she's looked great since Age of Ultron (or whatever the last movie she was in before she cut off most of the hair on her head and bleached what was left).

I'll definitely give you Colbie Smulders, but in the entire MCU she has been on screen for maybe 20 minutes.

Same with Haley Atwell.  Since First Avenger came out a decade ago I'm pretty sure her non-old version has been on screen for no more than 60 seconds.
View Quote

She looks like Beck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

She looks like Beck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/loki-sophia-di-martino-lady-loki-1623831997.jpg?crop=0.419xw:1.00xh;0.346xw,0&resize=480:*

She looks like Beck.

Thanks.  Now she looks even less sexy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's the Enchantress? Tough times
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I never read the comics. Is that Lorelei?
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Honestly, I can't believe Marvel hasn't used the original Enchantress by now.  There is a lot of potential with her character. In fact, Tom Hiddleston was pushing for her inclusion as far back as 2013.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Honestly, I can't believe Marvel hasn't used the original Enchantress by now.  There is a lot of potential with her character.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Honestly, I can't believe Marvel hasn't used the original Enchantress by now.  There is a lot of potential with her character.

Ok. Lorelei was a character in Shield that seemed to match that description. Wherever she went, men hung on her every word. She was Asgardian and had escaped imprisonment there.  Once on Earth she immediately set to building an army, progressively "enchanting" more, and more dangerous, men to her cause. She was enough of a threat Sif was dispatched to bring her back.

IMDB says she was played by Elena Satine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't think Lady Loki is the Enchantress. I hope they save the Enchantress for Thor, as she's typically in his rogue's gallery.

I think if you look at "Into the Spiderverse" - it sets the bar. In different realities or timelines, characters can look wildly different. Exhibit A: Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Gwen Stacy, etc are their reality's Spider hero.  I think Marvel tested the waters with that movie to see how comic book adaptation of characters would be accepted by mainstream audiences (I.e. non-comic book reading audiences). That movie hit critical acclaim, so they got the answer they were looking for. It's a good movie too, I recommend it.

Here we have a couple options:
1) All Loki variants stem from the main MCU Loki, and they're doing the shapeshifter thing, per mythology upon which the character is based.
2) All Loki variants stem from different realities that don't necessarily stem from the "sacred timeline" or when they do stem from said sacred timeline, reality is somehow altered, so that variants like Lady Loki can exist. If this is the case, then there's something going on with the TVA that we're not yet privy to (which is highly likely).
3) Something else I haven't figured out because I don't have enough information (also highly likely).

I thought it was interesting that Lady Loki had powers that MCU variant Loki doesn't have - the ability to possess people.

Her appearance baffled me too. I wasn't expecting the blonde talk to the manager haircut. In the comics, she looked a lot like Cate Blanchett's Hela, which is probably what drove the creative choice for blonde hair here. I do agree that she's just average and not "Uber hot", but I don't necessarily need to see Bimbo Loki running around either.

The other creative choice is that Marvel is distracting us with Lady Loki so we don't start asking lots of questions about the TVA and the Time Keepers. I suspect we may not get an answer on this. In WandaVision, we got a very soft answer that Wanda is a "nexus being" that reappears at different points in time (either as a reincarnation or host, I don't know). But it sounded a lot like they lifted the Phoenix and rebranded it as the Scarlett Witch. I'm beginning to think that although Loki has engaged Moebius in some of the bigger questions about the Time Keepers and their true plans, we may not get an answer there. I hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ok. Lorelei was a character in Shield that seemed to match that description. Wherever she went, men hung on her every word. She was Asgardian and had escaped imprisonment there.  Once on Earth she immediately set to building an army, progressively "enchanting" more, and more dangerous, men to her cause. She was enough of a threat Sif was dispatched to bring her back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

A little research revealed that Lorelei is the younger sister of Amora (the oringal Enchantress).
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:30:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hate every TVA character with a passion except Moebius/Owen Wilson.  I don't know if TVA are intended to be so dislikable.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I think the female Loki is pretty hot.  And to be honest I would rather have a decent looking great actress than some perfect 10.  Because of the job that hiddlestan has done as Loki any variants had better be awesome.  

Something fishy is going on with the tva.  That scene with Owen Wilson and the judge lady was laying it on thick.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:32:13 AM EDT
[#45]
So, fuck disney.

But also, I like their MCU stuff.

Solution:

Torrent the show. Deny them membership and viewership.

Profit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 4:28:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think the female Loki is pretty hot.  And to be honest I would rather have a decent looking great actress than some perfect 10.  
View Quote

She's a great actress?  Are you very familiar with her work because I've never even heard of her.

So those are our only two choices?  A "decent looking" woman who can act or a perfect 10 who can't act?  There's nothing in between?
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 5:36:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know what?  I despise completely every single professional, semi professional, and college sportsball teams, I mean ALL of them.  I despised them long before they became the obvious in your face SJW, anti American garbage heap they are today.   I hated them long before the overpaid sportsball team players began to complain how they are treated while ignoring the large sums of money they get paid to play sportsball. But do you know what I don't do.  I don't go into a sportsball team discussion thread and try to pretend that my animosity towards the sportsball some how or another makes me a better person than the people who enjoy the sportsball team. Or that those who enjoy the sportsball are lesser beings.  

Do you know why that is?  It is because, while I am strong in my beliefs and the stands that I take, I am not a week minded cowardly jerk that thinks my views are so much more stronger and "right" that everyone has to believe, and practice the exact as me.  

Take the hint and move on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#48]
I fell asleep somewhere between the 4th or 5th scene where loki and owen wilson were busy in flipping through piles of files and books, talking (and talking) - and the scene where loki has another long conversation with another character about boring shit.

So the other loki is a woman is that what I missed?  Who could ever have had seen that coming?

That can only mean that either a talking animal or a baby are going to be introduced next week.

Id say a talking car could be next  but the sentient clock face hologram thing (much cute!  such t-shirt!) will cover that base.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fucking spoiler tags. What a PITA just to read the thread. Can’t we just discuss the show without worrying about some sensitive types who haven’t seen it? WTF are they even doing in this thread if they A) Haven’t seen the show and B) Don’t want to be “spoiled”? Geez, fuck ‘em!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top