User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
He did this in 12 weeks:

http://www.thedailyfastingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/transformation.png

I have tried to do some googling, but with most things, the waters get muddied with all the advertising spam like crap.

Some say he used Herbalife...whatever that is???

What say you?
View Quote

If it's anything associated with Herbalife, you can guess that it's probably not true, or that the VERY best, heavily skewed and misrepresented.  Of course, that goes for virtually all commercial bodybuilding product endorsements.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would be nice if we could do that naturally.
View Quote

You can. Most men just quickly jump to anyone big, stronger, or more in shape than them is on roids.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If it's anything associated with Herbalife, you can guess that it's probably not true, or that the VERY best, heavily skewed and misrepresented.  Of course, that goes for virtually all commercial bodybuilding product endorsements.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He did this in 12 weeks:

http://www.thedailyfastingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/transformation.png

I have tried to do some googling, but with most things, the waters get muddied with all the advertising spam like crap.

Some say he used Herbalife...whatever that is???

What say you?

Are the guys saying it was "herbalife" doing so on bodybuidling.com?  If so that code for performance enhancing drugs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He claims he did it eating 900-1500 calories a day and eating all of his daily calories in an 8-hour window then fasting the other 16 hours.
View Quote

Thats  basically what I do, but I am right around 2000 right now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wat?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it's possible.
12 weeks is a good baseline that most bodybuilders, natural and pro use to get in contest shape.
Workout hard, be fanatical about your diet, then diuretics in the final days, hours. Look up off season pics of bodybuilders like the one of Lee Priest above.

Did he do it with drugs? Who knows. He's not that big so anabolic steroids aren't a definite. Maybe some clenbuteral, but again, what he did isn't earth shattering. Decent genetics, hard work and will power will carry you a long way in a short time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Might be doable. You take a very athletic dude who's been unable to exercise for a while due to surgery or similar (who's fat from eating the same amount of food as before during that time), then they get right back on a hardcore exercise regimen and go back to being ripped. An average guy won't do this. You'd probably be tearing ligaments left and right just trying to emulate these characters in that short a time span - their muscles have atrophied a bit, but they are still considerably stronger than the average desk jockey.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Steroids are everywhere now. For some reason they are somewhat less stigmatized than they used to be.

No way an old dude could do that much less a young guy without gear.
View Quote

Because labs are making quality stuff not from bovine serum bought for rancher's steer from the days of old.

Combine modern chemistry and clean labs and people sharing information, the free market regulates itself. ;) a growing kid doesn't need to fuck his hormones to shit, he/she has puberty for that. Adults can make informed decisions about their own body.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Might be doable. You take a very athletic dude who's been unable to exercise for a while due to surgery or similar (who's fat from eating the same amount of food as before during that time), then they get right back on a hardcore exercise regimen and go back to being ripped. An average guy won't do this. You'd probably be tearing ligaments left and right just trying to emulate these characters in that short a time span - their muscles have atrophied a bit, but they are still considerably stronger than the average desk jockey.
View Quote

Yep.

"Strength is not fragile"

Following my surgery it took my 5-months to come back stronger than ever. Probably could have done it faster but I was very carefull working back into my routine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stop eating crap and exercise occasionally.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude went to camp. Not uncommon in the bbing world just put in some work get some good drugs and a clean diet, not rocket broscience. 12 weeks could be done without drugs but he looks old so I'm betting on some.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll never look like that by exercising occasionally. That's a combination of good genes and very serious exercise. It takes a hell of a lot of work and time to get to that point.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#14]
He's already got muscle in his before pic. All he did was go on a 12 week cut to lose body fat. It's not impossible.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#15]
12 weeks?

Nope.  Not even on steroids could he do that in 3 months.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#16]
High sodium diet, pushing your gut out, and raising your arm that already has significant muscle mass would make it feasible. All he has to do is cut.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Still didn't fix his pointy elbows.

Wouldn't smash.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If the pic in the OP is the only example he sent in, it's obvious that he's A) hiding his biceps/shoulders and B) trying to only show the side-profile of his gut.

I'd be interested in seeing if there were other before pics.

ETA:  check out this angle...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2014/nobody4242-100kwinner-2.jpg
Dude was definitely muscular and packed on some fat for effect.  People who do this should be disqualified from the body transformation challenges but hey, he's $50,000 richer by cheating.  Good for him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at the size of his forearm in the "before" pic... dude was muscular before this transformation.

He could have intentionally packed on some fat just for the sake of entering this challenge and went into insane bodybuilding competition fat-loss mode to get ripped again.
That is the ONLY possible way he could have done it in 12 weeks.

I actually read somewhere this was the case, who knows

If the pic in the OP is the only example he sent in, it's obvious that he's A) hiding his biceps/shoulders and B) trying to only show the side-profile of his gut.

I'd be interested in seeing if there were other before pics.

ETA:  check out this angle...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2014/nobody4242-100kwinner-2.jpg
Dude was definitely muscular and packed on some fat for effect.  People who do this should be disqualified from the body transformation challenges but hey, he's $50,000 richer by cheating.  Good for him.

Look at his navel. Not fat, pushing his stomach out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Lmao. I think you might be venturing out of your lane a little.

Celltech is a brand of creatine made by Muscle Tech.

Herbalife is a brand of marketed supplements that contain no anabolic drugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lee Priest, pro bodybuilder with a reputation for getting fat as fuck in the off season.

Most people will not gain muscle while losing fat. Most people cannot even retain 100% of their muscle while losing fat. There are however "supplements" that have a muscle sparing effect that allow you to retain as much muscle as possible while losing fat. There are other "supplements" that will even allow you to gain muscle while losing fat.

On bodybuilding websites when someone says "Tren, Celltech, Herbalife, ect" its usually a code word for performance enhancing drugs.

Lmao. I think you might be venturing out of your lane a little.

Celltech is a brand of creatine made by Muscle Tech.

Herbalife is a brand of marketed supplements that contain no anabolic drugs.

Celltech at one point was fined for having hormone type ingredients in it.  That's why they use the term as code for steroids
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If that's true, I'll give him $10,000 to come here and coach me through 3 months of hell to get my fat ass in shape.
View Quote

Its easy:

Have the body of greek god.
Pack on 50 lbs.
Lose 50 lbs.
Profit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Holy shit this site is so fucking funny.

Guy does a very normal non drug cut in 12 weeks, something I've seen countless natural body builders do over the last 20 years and everyone is all "no way, he's gotta be on juice, can't be done"

But a month ago those same people were talking about how the rock was natural

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I wouldnt do steroids even if i could. I know it can be done safely. But the one guy I know that does it is bald in his 30's has mood swings and high blood pressure. He is huge and lean though in spite of eating like crap and drinking too much. Gets his gear from the pharmacy prescribed by his doctor. Doctor doesnt seem to do a very good job of monitoring/minimizing the side effects though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he said he did it in a year, I'd believe it.

12 weeks?   LOL

With roids, it is possible in 12 weeks.

Its amazing what drugs can do. In one study guys that took roids but didnt lift weights gained more muscle than guys that lifted weights without steroids. Let that sink in.

T is pretty amazing.

Kinda kills me women can get hormonal birth control for acne but a guy just tying to get his levels evened out is treated like a drug-seeking bro.

I wouldnt do steroids even if i could. I know it can be done safely. But the one guy I know that does it is bald in his 30's has mood swings and high blood pressure. He is huge and lean though in spite of eating like crap and drinking too much. Gets his gear from the pharmacy prescribed by his doctor. Doctor doesnt seem to do a very good job of monitoring/minimizing the side effects though.

I know a guy who was cleaning his gun, it went off and killed someone.  So Id never own a firearm.  Lol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#23]
The part that upsets me about this is there were probably thousands of people who entered the competition that had never worked out and the $50,000 prize was the motivation they needed to make a huge change.

They ate right, worked their asses off, did everything right, changed their bodies immensely... but they were beaten by this asshole.  I don't know who picks the winners of these competitions but they're morons if they can't see that this guy's a cheat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:14:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

12 weeks?   LOL

Its amazing what drugs can do. In one study guys that took roids but didnt lift weights gained more muscle than guys that lifted weights without steroids. Let that sink in.

T is pretty amazing.

Kinda kills me women can get hormonal birth control for acne but a guy just tying to get his levels evened out is treated like a drug-seeking bro.

Aaaaand that's why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:45:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Winstrol
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:10:04 AM EDT
[#26]
That's a whole lot of Winstrol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:12:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The part that upsets me about this is there were probably thousands of people who entered the competition that had never worked out and the $50,000 prize was the motivation they needed to make a huge change.

They ate right, worked their asses off, did everything right, changed their bodies immensely... but they were beaten by this asshole.  I don't know who picks the winners of these competitions but they're morons if they can't see that this guy's a cheat.
View Quote

You sound fat. Can practically taste the jelly exuding from your post.

Let's see you accomplish that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:16:29 AM EDT
[#28]
He just needed to eat clean and focus and T and hgh and T and hgh. Simple really
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:22:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you used flashlights on your weapons you might be able to see it too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:23:25 AM EDT
[#30]
You didn't build that!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#31]
He probably also took the "after" shot after getting pumped as shit, while taking the "before" after a huge meal.  You can look significantly larger during, or just after weight training than during the rest of the day.  You can also distend your gut, making it look significantly larger, by gorging on food and liquids.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I think the general consensus is that everyone in the competition did a lot of DNP and tren
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:37:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ve been busting my ass prettt much straight on for past 6 years, decent diet, i look better than ever.  Not sure why you cant see what a douch he is
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't waste your time, guys.

Women are actually attracted to chubby guys.

Just like I am (and a lot of you) are attracted to chubby girls.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

12 weeks?   LOL
View Quote

This.

The transformation is obviously 100% possible.  But 12 weeks?  Not with that much of a change.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#36]
BS pure BS, no way someone at that age with that body could look like that in 12 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

He claims he did it eating 900-1500 calories a day and eating all of his daily calories in an 8-hour window then fasting the other 16 hours.
View Quote

I'm calling BS.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Twin brother.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#39]
looks pretty obvious all he did was lose weight. you can tell he already has muscle under that fat. loose 3 or 4 pounds a week. big deal.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am doing similar right now

I am topping off at 1500-1600 calories.  Working out 30 minutes a day HIIT

Lost 15 pounds from (185 to 170) in 3 months.

I am not ripped like that since I never had muscle before.  But I am getting there.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm not a gymbro, but even I can tell that guy wasn't "fat" in his before pic.

No backfat, no overhang over the elastic waistband, arms still have definition in before pics.

This guy gamed the competition and won.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Don't waste your time, guys.

Women are actually attracted to chubby guys.

Just like I am (and a lot of you) are attracted to chubby girls.
View Quote

I wouldn't go that far, but every woman I've ever known has said that body builders are a turn off. Ripped physique is attractive, but Mr. Universe is a freakshow. I'm sure there are women that like that, but they are a small minority.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

T is pretty amazing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

12 weeks?   LOL

T is pretty amazing.

That pisses me off as well. I went to the doc complaining that I wasn't gaining mass and endurance like I should. He said "You are closer to 40, than 30...."
Refused to even consider test supplement.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll say real.

I went into West Point at 163 having just been a state champion and all america in swimming the month prior.  maybe 14% body fat.

In 7 weeks I was 130 flat, probably less.

You do 3-4 hours of low heart rate cardio a day and restrict your diet, you will burn fat like fucking crazy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That pisses me off as well. I went to the doc complaining that I wasn't gaining mass and endurance like I should. He said "You are closer to 40, than 30...."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

12 weeks?   LOL

T is pretty amazing.

You need to go to specialized clinics if you are looking to get a script.  Most docs won't touch PED's unless it is sex life related. There are all sorts of men'c clinics that specialize in PED's for reasons other than sexual performance.  

Although on the up and up, those places tread a thin line and are almost never covered by insurance.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You need to go to specialized clinics if you are looking to get a script.  Most docs won't touch PED's unless it is sex life related. There are all sorts of men'c clinics that specialize in PED's for reasons other than sexual performance.  

Although on the up and up, those places tread a thin line and are almost never covered by insurance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dr. did ask if I was having trouble "performing"? Was this his way of directing the conversation in a way that he could provide the treatment I was seeking?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

12 weeks to learn photoshop?
View Quote
This guy gets it.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'll say real.

I went into West Point at 163 having just been a state champion and all america in swimming the month prior.  maybe 14% body fat.

In 7 weeks I was 130 flat, probably less.

You do 3-4 hours of low heart rate cardio a day and restrict your diet, you will burn fat like fucking crazy.
View Quote

I have no idea what I weighed when I left for USAFA.  I'll have to find some pics.

There is one pic from my first parent's weekend where I say I was looking sickly.

My high school sweetheart also came out for parents weekend.  There were some definite perks to losing that much weight.  

Prior to BCT, I actually had these huge quads.  I was a long jumper and soccer player.  I think all the running we did during BCT essentially made my body eat its muscle.  My huge quads went away.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The Dr. did ask if I was having trouble "performing"? Was this his way of directing the conversation in a way that he could provide the treatment I was seeking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Painting with a wide brush here;

Yes and no...you won't likely get a a script from any GP for any gear that will give you any significant rise in testosterone.  At best you would likely get "the little blue pill".  Some endocrinologist are coming around to prescribing testosterone enhancing drugs for sleep, mood, etc... so the best you are going to get is a referral to and endocrinologist.  Then it is up to the endocrinologist and his/her view on T therapy.  Some are old school and won't touch it unless your levels are below the normal range, others are more liberal and willing to prescribe T if your T levels are on the lower side of normal.  I'm sure there a bunch of other factors.

If it were me and I was looking to get testosterone therapy I would go to a clinic specializing in T therapy.  It's really luck of the draw inside your primary care network, unless you for some reason know your GP or the endo your GP will refer you to is big on pushing T therapy.  

I find it amusing that a person can get Valium or Xanax by going into their GP and saying "I get nervous giving a work presentation or airline travel" but GP's and endo's refuse to give testosterone therapy for people on the lower end of T hormone levels.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#50]
That pisses me off as well. I went to the doc complaining that I wasn't gaining mass and endurance like I should. He said "You are closer to 40, than 30...." Refused to even consider test supplement. 
View Quote

Yep, definite double standard there.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top