User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
seeking?

Painting with a wide brush here; 

Yes and no...you won't likely get a a script from any GP for any gear that will give you any significant rise in testosterone. At best you would likely get "the little blue pill". Some endocrinologist are coming around to prescribing testosterone enhancing drugs for sleep, mood, etc... so the best you are going to get is a referral to and endocrinologist. Then it is up to the endocrinologist and his/her view on T therapy. Some are old school and won't touch it unless your levels are below the normal range, others are more liberal and willing to prescribe T if your T levels are on the lower side of normal. I'm sure there a bunch of other factors. 

If it were me and I was looking to get testosterone therapy I would go to a clinic specializing in T therapy. It's really luck of the draw inside your primary care network, unless you for some reason know your GP or the endo your GP will refer you to is big on pushing T therapy. 

I find it amusing that a person can get Valium or Xanax by going into their GP and saying "I get nervous giving a work presentation or airline travel" but GP's and endo's refuse to give testosterone therapy for people on the lower end of T hormone levels. .
View Quote

What is considered normal?

I mean if the average is 600, but the low end of the normal range is set at 250, why 250?

How did they come up with that number?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm not a gymbro, but even I can tell that guy wasn't "fat" in his before pic.

No backfat, no overhang over the elastic waistband, arms still have definition in before pics.

This guy gamed the competition and won.
View Quote

This. Pushing out your gut can't make you actually look fat and a 12 week cut is plenty of time to strip down. The judges must not look very hard.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I mean if the average is 600, but the low end of the normal range is set at 250, why 250?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
seeking?

Yes and no...you won't likely get a a script from any GP for any gear that will give you any significant rise in testosterone. At best you would likely get "the little blue pill". Some endocrinologist are coming around to prescribing testosterone enhancing drugs for sleep, mood, etc... so the best you are going to get is a referral to and endocrinologist. Then it is up to the endocrinologist and his/her view on T therapy. Some are old school and won't touch it unless your levels are below the normal range, others are more liberal and willing to prescribe T if your T levels are on the lower side of normal. I'm sure there a bunch of other factors. 

If it were me and I was looking to get testosterone therapy I would go to a clinic specializing in T therapy. It's really luck of the draw inside your primary care network, unless you for some reason know your GP or the endo your GP will refer you to is big on pushing T therapy. 

I find it amusing that a person can get Valium or Xanax by going into their GP and saying "I get nervous giving a work presentation or airline travel" but GP's and endo's refuse to give testosterone therapy for people on the lower end of T hormone levels. .

That question is over my head.  I've heard all sorts of different answers from sorts of different endo's,

My take on it; it's an area without extensive study when it comes to being used for enhancement purposes with a legal Rx but it seems incredibly safe, especially when it comes to some of the T replacement protocols prescribed at clinics with basic monitoring .  I think it's been culturally stigmatized by the medical community for non medical reasons.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can. Most men just quickly jump to anyone big, stronger, or more in shape than them is on roids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be nice if we could do that naturally.

You can. Most men just quickly jump to anyone big, stronger, or more in shape than them is on roids.

Bingo.  That guy is not huge or overly muscular, he just leaned out very quickly.    If you raise your activity rate to a point where you burn say 4000 cal per day, that's 28,000 per week.  Consume 2000 cal per day and you have a 14,000 cal deficit per week.    That amounts to 4 lbs lost per week or 48 lbs in 12 weeks.  It can be done.

Of course the AFCOM crowd will think its all roids.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bingo.  That guy is not huge or overly muscular, he just leaned out very quickly.    If you raise your activity rate to a point where you burn say 4000 cal per day, that's 28,000 per week.  Consume 2000 cal per day and you have a 14,000 cal deficit per week.    That amounts to 4 lbs lost per week or 48 lbs in 12 weeks.  It can be done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it is safe to say his results are Atypical.  Could be genetics, could be his lifestyle, could be PED's, and/or a combination of any of those.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
seeking?

Mine was 500 something, and the Dr said that was normal. I've read that "normal" varies from individual to individual. Therefore the numbers shouldn't be the only thing the Dr goes by.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hard part is to retain muscle while losing 4 pounds a week.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you used flashlights on your weapons you might be able to see it too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The part that upsets me about this is there were probably thousands of people who entered the competition that had never worked out and the $50,000 prize was the motivation they needed to make a huge change.

They ate right, worked their asses off, did everything right, changed their bodies immensely... but they were beaten by this asshole.  I don't know who picks the winners of these competitions but they're morons if they can't see that this guy's a cheat.

You sound fat. Can practically taste the jelly exuding from your post.

Let's see you accomplish that.

If you used flashlights on your weapons you might be able to see it too.

I can't see what you did there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Fortunately there are drugs for that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ve been busting my ass prettt much straight on for past 6 years, decent diet, i look better than ever.  Not sure why you cant see what a douch he is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The part that upsets me about this is there were probably thousands of people who entered the competition that had never worked out and the $50,000 prize was the motivation they needed to make a huge change.

They ate right, worked their asses off, did everything right, changed their bodies immensely... but they were beaten by this asshole.  I don't know who picks the winners of these competitions but they're morons if they can't see that this guy's a cheat.

Ve been busting my ass prettt much straight on for past 6 years, decent diet, i look better than ever.  Not sure why you cant see what a douch he is

How in the hell did you get any idea of what kind of person he is from a before and after picture?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#12]
This reminds me of Stallone plumping up for Copland. In no time at all he was back to do his normal build.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, he gamed the hell out of that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll say real.

I went into West Point at 163 having just been a state champion and all america in swimming the month prior.  maybe 14% body fat.

In 7 weeks I was 130 flat, probably less.

You do 3-4 hours of low heart rate cardio a day and restrict your diet, you will burn fat like fucking crazy.
View Quote

You're a USMA grad?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're a USMA grad?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll say real.

I went into West Point at 163 having just been a state champion and all america in swimming the month prior.  maybe 14% body fat.

In 7 weeks I was 130 flat, probably less.

You do 3-4 hours of low heart rate cardio a day and restrict your diet, you will burn fat like fucking crazy.

You're a USMA grad?

yes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This reminds me of Stallone plumping up for Copland. In no time at all he was back to do his normal build.
View Quote

Isn't Stallone a known HGH/steroid user, though?  Plus, he may have a little better trainer access than normal folk...
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I've dropped a bit over 30 lbs in 3 months with just a diet change to 1000 to 1500 calories a day and basically no exercise. Add to that a cheat day per week too. I'd say it's possible.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Bodybuilding.com has a level of derp that is hard to match.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kinda like this place

Some really good info if you know where to look but with a lot of dumbasses  and trolls mixed in.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm fairly certain GD here has them beat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The competition is for people who are unfit and transform their body.  It's not for a body builder who packed on a bit of body fat, pushed his gut out for the before pics, and did a cutting routine for more impressive results.

This is the equivalent of Tom Brady winning a cash prize for beating a group of high school quarterbacks in a passing competition.

Doesn't take a fatass to realize that.  I'm not going to get into a dick-measuring contest over who's more fit but I'm hardly fat.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Look at the size of his forearm in the "before" pic... dude was muscular before this transformation.

He could have intentionally packed on some fat just for the sake of entering this challenge and went into insane bodybuilding competition fat-loss mode to get ripped again.

That is the ONLY possible way he could have done it in 12 weeks.
View Quote

I came to post this. Guy was already well developed. Fattened up and then starved himself for 3 months on a very low calorie diet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
seeking?

normal body functions inside the "normal" range are pretty static, based on scientific studies over the past years.  this guy biolayne has a youtube channel where he discusses lifting a lot, as well as a lot of science behind it.  Hes got a doctorate in physiology or human kinetics or PE or something like that, I think his doctoral thesis was on protein absorption or something like that.  One of his vlogs went over why the testosterone range is where it is, usually from 250 - 1100 or thereabout those 2 figures.  he goes over some really interesting stuff.

but anyone who has 500, yeah, thats not low, regardless of how crappy you feel.  you may have something wrong, but its not low testosterone unless you a super special snowflake of some sort.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How in the hell did you get any idea of what kind of person he is from a before and after picture?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

did the tom brady analogy hit it home for you?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I am reading the 2015 male winner's blog here:

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/chancam77/2015/05/15/my_program_i_used_for/

Looks like he used whey, casein, creatine monohydrate then switched to creatine hydrochloride, beta alanine (whatever that is), BCAA (again, whatever that is), yohimbe, green tea extract, and caffeine.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Looks like he used whey, casein, creatine monohydrate then switched to creatine hydrochloride, beta alanine (whatever that is), BCAA (again, whatever that is), yohimbe, green tea extract, and caffeine.

View Quote

If that's truly all he used, those are pretty standard supplements for anyone doing a moderate fitness regimen.

Beta Alanine and BCAAs are just naturally-occurring amino acids.

The Yohimbe, green tea, and caffeine are all for fat loss.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lmao. I think you might be venturing out of your lane a little.

Celltech is a brand of creatine made by Muscle Tech.

Herbalife is a brand of marketed supplements that contain no anabolic drugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real?

Story?

Lee Priest, pro bodybuilder with a reputation for getting fat as fuck in the off season.

Most people will not gain muscle while losing fat. Most people cannot even retain 100% of their muscle while losing fat. There are however "supplements" that have a muscle sparing effect that allow you to retain as much muscle as possible while losing fat. There are other "supplements" that will even allow you to gain muscle while losing fat.

On bodybuilding websites when someone says "Tren, Celltech, Herbalife, ect" its usually a code word for performance enhancing drugs.

Ive been on a few sites where it is pretty much a running joke for the guys on gear to throw those kjnda supplements out when asked what they take...
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah, he gamed the hell out of that.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#29]
The other side of this is water manipulation. In the before he ate salt like mad to retain as much water as possible. In the after he has very low (dangerous) water levels. Fighters do this for weigh-ins and BBs do it for shows. Most BBs look their best for about 4-6 hours, not even a full day. Many are doing ad shoots behind the scenes at their contests since it's so hard to look that dry.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

normal body functions inside the "normal" range are pretty static, based on scientific studies over the past years.  this guy biolayne has a youtube channel where he discusses lifting a lot, as well as a lot of science behind it.  Hes got a doctorate in physiology or human kinetics or PE or something like that, I think his doctoral thesis was on protein absorption or something like that.  One of his vlogs went over why the testosterone range is where it is, usually from 250 - 1100 or thereabout those 2 figures.  he goes over some really interesting stuff.

but anyone who has 500, yeah, thats not low, regardless of how crappy you feel.  you may have something wrong, but its not low testosterone unless you a super special snowflake of some sort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
seeking?

I've seen different ranges from different labs and docs. Hell, I've had a lab give different ranges between 2 different tests. Most of the data comes from scientific studies. The most prolific studies can be found on the Google machine and the population includes males from 18-80. Obviosuly the older gents contribute to the lower end of "normal." Some data is out there that breaks it up by age which is more useful. However, "normal" doesn't take into account the quality of life aspect. I (and my dr.) manage mine on the high end. I feel much better and there are no downsides.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Roids.  Well, roids and muscle memory.  Definitely not natural.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ive been on a few sites where it is pretty much a running joke for the guys on gear to throw those kjnda supplements out when asked what they take...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real?

Story?

Lee Priest, pro bodybuilder with a reputation for getting fat as fuck in the off season.

Most people will not gain muscle while losing fat. Most people cannot even retain 100% of their muscle while losing fat. There are however "supplements" that have a muscle sparing effect that allow you to retain as much muscle as possible while losing fat. There are other "supplements" that will even allow you to gain muscle while losing fat.

On bodybuilding websites when someone says "Tren, Celltech, Herbalife, ect" its usually a code word for performance enhancing drugs.

Started by Ronnie Coleman in 2004:

"No, I take dat der Cell Tech..."
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I take Beta-alanine about 10 minutes prior to working out.  It will put hair on your chest.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He did this in 12 weeks:

http://www.thedailyfastingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/transformation.png

I have tried to do some googling, but with most things, the waters get muddied with all the advertising spam like crap.

Some say he used Herbalife...whatever that is???

What say you?
View Quote

I went from the AFTER picture to the BEFORE in about 12 weeks

Meh, I'm on my way back, but it's taken over 2 months just to drop 20 pounds and get better endurance. I figure another 4-6 months.

Plus I like to eat and drink.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

this..no way is that 12 weeks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he said he did it in a year, I'd believe it.

12 weeks?   LOL

this..no way is that 12 weeks

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Look at the size of his forearm in the "before" pic... dude was muscular before this transformation.

He could have intentionally packed on some fat just for the sake of entering this challenge and went into insane bodybuilding competition fat-loss mode to get ripped again.

View Quote

Guess I could see that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well, "tren" refers to trenbolone, which is a PED, so I'd say that's not a code word.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real?

Story?

Well, "tren" refers to trenbolone, which is a PED, so I'd say that's not a code word.

Tren Xtreme in that context. Which though not advertised as such, did in fact contain hormones.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#41]

No quads, no pecs, way below my standards. Would not bang.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The king of dirty bulking

View Quote

If he can find someone who likes him cut, we can do a time-share sort of thing where I get him while he's bulking.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#43]
If it's legit,then every fat ass should be required to do that by law.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If it's legit,then every fat ass should be required to do that by law.
View Quote

He's hideous.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Kinda like this place

Some really good info if you know where to look but with a lot of dumbasses  and trolls mixed in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda like this place

Not even GD can match bb.com derp. It's in a league of its own.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

THAT Sounds plausible
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's a whole lot of Winstrol.
View Quote

First word out of my mouth was "winny" when I saw the pics. I used to be a winny man myself. I also used to be a deca and 500mg of test kinda guy too. Then one of my packages from Romania was seized by customs and I basically stopped giving a shit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He claims he did it eating 900-1500 calories a day and eating all of his daily calories in an 8-hour window then fasting the other 16 hours.
View Quote

Intermittent fasting works great for some people.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He claims he did it eating 900-1500 calories a day and eating all of his daily calories in an 8-hour window then fasting the other 16 hours.

Yes it does. A lot of people.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top