Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/7/2015 5:17:29 PM EDT

Apparently the solution to an obsolete fast food restaurant with shitty food, dropping sales, market share, and stock prices, is to revamp one of its creepy characters from the 70s.

"We felt it was time to debut a new look for the Hamburglar after he’s been out of the public eye all these years,” Joel Yashinsky, McDonald’s’ Vice President of U.S. Marketing said in a statement first reported in Mashable. "He’s had some time to grow up a bit and has been busy raising a family in the suburbs and his look has evolved over time.”

Wow...McDonald's new CEO is really on top of this turnaround.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
So they plucked an average Joe off the street in SF?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Apparently the solution to an obsolete fast food restaurant with shitty food, dropping sales, market share, and stock prices, is to revamp one of its creepy characters from the 70s.

"We felt it was time to debut a new look for the Hamburglar after he’s been out of the public eye all these years,” Joel Yashinsky, McDonald’s’ Vice President of U.S. Marketing said in a statement first reported in Mashable. "He’s had some time to grow up a bit and has been busy raising a family in the suburbs and his look has evolved over time.”

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/05/06/hamburglar.jpg

http://img1.nymag.com/imgs/fashion/daily/2015/05/06/06-hamburglar-new.w529.h352.2x.jpg

Wow...McDonald's new CEO is really on top of this turnaround.

View Quote
Fuck me running, I'm sold. Take my money please.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
those are some bad ass shoes!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
wat
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Sales in San Fran should increase
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Forget the shoes I want that tie!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
No one who obsessively steals big macs is going to be thin.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Hipster butt pirate, is more like it.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Someday that guy is going to be an actor on some late show.  He is going to be the talk of the town because of some movie performance he gave that

is the stuff of legend.  He is going to be considered the bestest actor in the forever of forevers.  While he is basking in the glory, the host of that late

show is going to show this picture.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
He looks like a masked pedophile
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like stranger danger to me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#12]
They need to make the Hamburglar black. It's the appropriate thing to do.

You know, since they do the whole McDonald's 365 Black deal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone involved with that marketing needs fired Right Fucking Now.  

Talk about out of touch.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#15]
lol cargopants
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
As they become more diet conscious their food sucks even more. If they want to get on top again make the fries and food like they did in the 60's and screw the calories.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Bringing back the original Hamburglar would've been better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
This is satire right?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok well mug him you get the tie i get the shoes.. Deal!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I think the same firm that came up with the Grapist came up with the Cheeseburgler there...

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#22]
they need to bring back the original McDonalds Land screw....not refreashed hippy versions, but something close to the original. C'mon, you can't mess with amazing characters like Uncle O'Grimacy!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I dub him, the Turdburglar
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#24]

That picture on the left is stealing more than hamburgers...

Freaking sex crime registrant if there ever were one.

"Shhhhhhh, what happens in the ball pit stays in the ball pit..."
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Look like sexcriminal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#26]
bring back chicken selects damn it!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#27]
He'll steal your heart, then plunder your booty.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#28]
You are witnessing the transformation of corporate america as the younger crowd works their way up to the top of the corporate ladder.

I expect to see a lot more 'traded stuff in the next 20 years as the 'everyone got a trophy' crowd comes of age.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

This is satire right?
View Quote

This is 100% legit, and the cringefest gets better and better. The video is a must-watch.

http://twitter.com/McDonalds

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#30]

A hamburger is second only to the hot dog on the list of food that is hard to screw up, but McD's has it down to a science.

Fresh meat, put some char on it, and serve it on a half assed quality bun.  Lettuce, tomato and onion on request.  And I'm

willing to pay more than a $1 for such a hamburger.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#31]
McDonalds is obsolete?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#32]
With the size and scope of McD's they could get some amazing deals of quality product instead of trying to shovel shit into the mouths of people. I can get a fresh 1/2 lb burger, bacon, fixings, fries, and beer for $10. Big Mac meal is almost $8.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I've said it before, I'll say it again. McDonald's has saturated their market. They need to introduce a new brand, distinctly separate from McDonald's, but using the systems McD's has already established and perfected. All their energy is being spent treading water. Don't try to be everything to everybody. Stay core. If they want to compete with Taco Bell, start a taco chain.  Start an express Chinese chain.  Branch out. They'll go down in flames trying to reinvent themselves every couple years.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#34]
They're screwed.  

I'm sure there are people in the right places at McDonalds that realize they need to make better food.  I imagine it's going to cost them insane amounts of money to really change their menu.  They must have huge contracts with suppliers and you can't just make a few phone calls and change everything.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

McDonalds is obsolete?
View Quote

It's getting there

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

So they plucked an average Joe off the street in SF?
View Quote
Lmao, that right there is funny...

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He looks like a masked pedophile
View Quote

I was thinking Gay Nighclub Hamburglar, or Hamburglar Pool Boy.

Creeptastic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I guess they wanted someone as creepy as the Burger King.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#39]
oh he looks like he has a secret

I was wondering what clay aiken was doing for work now
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2015/05/mcdonalds-hamburglar-mascot2.jpg

That picture on the left is stealing more than hamburgers...

Freaking sex crime registrant if there ever were one.

"Shhhhhhh, what happens in the ball pit stays in the ball pit..."
View Quote

OMG I AM SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW

RAPE CULTURE!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's a concept, how bout having decent food at a decent price. Some great service along with cleaner restaurants and not the need to take an English to Spainish dictionary just to place a fucking order.

You know that Chick-FIL-A place seems to be kicking ass as of late and the food is only part of it. Granted the Cows are pretty damn good marketing but that's not what makes Chick-FIL-A the powerhouse it is.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. McDonald's has saturated their market. They need to introduce a new brand, distinctly separate from McDonald's, but using the systems McD's has already established and perfected. All their energy is being spent treading water. Don't try to be everything to everybody. Stay core. If they want to compete with Taco Bell, start a taco chain.  Start an express Chinese chain.  Branch out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
They have done that, they bought Boston Chicken and ruined the brand. They owned a Mexican chain too that I think floundered.

McD's doesn't have a deep talent bench outside of burgers, and this fiasco looks like that bench is shallow now too
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Not many lovin' it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Here's a concept, how bout having decent food at a decent price. Some great service along with cleaner restaurants and not the need to take an English to Spainish dictionary just to place a fucking order.

You know that Chick-FIL-A place seems to be kicking ass as of late and the food is only part of it. Granted the Cows are pretty damn good marketing but that's not what makes Chick-FIL-A the powerhouse it is.
View Quote

Any Chik-Filed-A here is packed at lunch time. McDonald's, a ghost town. Sonic is beating out McDonald's here.  The only thing McDonald's has going for it locally is breakfast. If it wasn't for that, they would shut down.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not many lovin' it.
View Quote

I miss your Ghetto McDonalds posts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Bet he'll pull a hamburger out of his prison purse
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#47]
That makes me NOT want McDonald's.

I haven't had Micky D's in years.  I will continue to not go there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Around here, if McDs would fix the drive through so I don't have to read a book waiting in line and hire workers that don't look like they just got out of prison they would double sales easily.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

As they become more diet conscious their food sucks even more. If they want to get on top again make the fries and food like they did in the 60's and screw the calories.
View Quote
This.  Know your niche in the market.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Hamburglar NO Hamburglaring, Hamburglar NO Hamburglaring, Hamburglar NO Hamburglaring.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top