Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
So these idiots just proved what AG Sessions and others have said over and over. MJ is a gateway drug.

I wouldn’t put it past the govt to reclassify both as Rx only and come down on stats now.

Stoner dumbasses,
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy that roomed next door to me in college bought about a pound of mushrooms and he and some friends from home tripped for a few days over a long weekend. On that Tuesday he disappeared and finally showed back up on Friday. His roommate was freaked and wanted to call the cops but they knew he was probably carrying a ton of mushrooms. When he showed up his shoes were worn flat and he said he'd been walking for days

He ended up having some kind of psychotic episode. His friends took him to the health center and they put sent him to the hospital. Kid never came back to school.

I'm sure it was an anomaly because I was around stuff like that all the time but it sure dissuaded me from trying any psychotropic type drugs
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buncha goddammits running around thinking they can do what they want with their own bodies fucking freedom bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Legalize all of em, whoever is stupid enough to start doing them will likely end up in prison for
stealing shit to fund the habit.
Society would suck for several years but eventually so many idiots would be in prison the only
remaining folks would be the better side of society. Also, eventually people would respect
and understand that drugs are for losers.

Whos with me?
The prisons are already full of dopers. Completely full. So completely full they don't put most thieves in jail here.
Fuck it build more prisons, it creates jobs. Privatize them. Im sick of this dope bullshit. Everyone wants to get
high these days its sickening.
Buncha goddammits running around thinking they can do what they want with their own bodies fucking freedom bullshit.
I get this sentiment, problem is it is not really freedom...at least not for everyone else who are completely constrained from having the freedom to deal with the repercussions of these policies.  Try living in Seattle or some other similar city and use your freedom to deal with such people who are squatting or ruining your business or livelihood for example.  It will not be them going to jail. They are a protected class.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

(I was trying to be overly sarcastic)
View Quote
Mission accomplished! You broke my damn sarcasm meter.

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I get this sentiment, problem is it is not really freedom...at least not for everyone else who are completely constrained from having the freedom to deal with the repercussions of these policies.  Try living in Seattle or some other similar city and use your freedom to deal with such people who are squatting or ruining your business or livelihood for example.  It will not be them going to jail. They are a protected class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Legalize all of em, whoever is stupid enough to start doing them will likely end up in prison for
Society would suck for several years but eventually so many idiots would be in prison the only
remaining folks would be the better side of society. Also, eventually people would respect

Whos with me?
The prisons are already full of dopers. Completely full. So completely full they don't put most thieves in jail here.
Fuck it build more prisons, it creates jobs. Privatize them. Im sick of this dope bullshit. Everyone wants to get
I don’t think it’s a bunch of pot heads and dudes tripping on shrooms camping on the streets and shitting on the sidewalk.

There are different classes of drugs, pot, shrooms, and even opium aren’t the same as crack, meth, and heroin.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't smoke weed or take mushrooms until I retire, even if it was legal in my state. I can, however, drink beer. I only do that 1-2 times a month and while at home. I doubt the legality of weed or mushrooms would have me doing them any differently than alcohol.

For such a freedom loving site, a bunch of you fuckers seem to hate freedom.
This may be true, but marijuana use is up sharply by kids. Also a big increase in DWH's (driving while high) here in Washington.
Kids have been smoking weed for the last 50 years. Those same kids brought us cell phones, refined internet technology, and the technology used in the F22 and F35. I think we'll probably be fine.

Driving while intoxicated is illegal anyway. Whether it be alcohol, marijuana or prescription medication, the substance being legal or illegal won't stop it from continuing and certainly isn't worth the sacrifice in personal freedom for all of the law abiding citizens out there.
Notice I said both are SHARPLY UP
And?
Littering and...
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wow. I've only visited Cleveland but lived near Seattle for a few years.

Ever been to: Saint Louis, Baltimore, Detroit, Oakland, or Memphis?

Those are the cities that scare me the most.
View Quote
Im a fellow IE bro like you.

But I also lived majority in South LA (Rancho Dominguez)

You cant really compare those places to South LA, let alone East Cleveland.

But I swear, I never want to go back to Seattle. It aint hood. Its just shithole. I can deal with hoods.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
See this is the problem, that is not what happens. Seattle has gone from beautiful city full of libtards to a place where a lady gets raped in the middle of the day at a car dealership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is precisely the point. You should watch the documentary "Seattle is Dying"
Im good.

Look, Im sure youre a good person, and would be a great neighbor. I dont do drugs either as I have a real job.

But fuck the state. Self ownership is the most basic private property right. If you dont even own your self, you have no other right to claim you own anything else. Lets the druggies be druggies. We'll gain more than they lose.
See this is the problem, that is not what happens. Seattle has gone from beautiful city full of libtards to a place where a lady gets raped in the middle of the day at a car dealership.
Weed made that happen.  Goddamn reefer madness I tell ya, fuckin devils lettuce.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Awesome. Drunk drivers. High drivers. Tripping drivers. And killer semi's.
View Quote
Because when drugs are illegal, people NEVER drive while on drugs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don’t think it’s a bunch of pot heads and dudes tripping on shrooms camping on the streets and shitting on the sidewalk.

There are different classes of drugs, pot, shrooms, and even opium aren’t the same as crack, meth, and heroin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Whos with me?

Sure but the posts quoted dealt with all drugs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You ever think that maybe the stats are up because it is legal therefor people will admit to using it?

As for the DWH or whatever you want to call it being up, I'm calling BS on that one, unless you mean a statistically small number that means nothing. That's one of the big reasons IMHO that it's going to be hard for the fed to legalize it nation wide is that there's no field sobriety or breathalyzer type test to see how high you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't smoke weed or take mushrooms until I retire, even if it was legal in my state. I can, however, drink beer. I only do that 1-2 times a month and while at home. I doubt the legality of weed or mushrooms would have me doing them any differently than alcohol.

This may be true, but marijuana use is up sharply by kids. Also a big increase in DWH's (driving while high) here in Washington.
Kids have been smoking weed for the last 50 years. Those same kids brought us cell phones, refined internet technology, and the technology used in the F22 and F35. I think we'll probably be fine.

Driving while intoxicated is illegal anyway. Whether it be alcohol, marijuana or prescription medication, the substance being legal or illegal won't stop it from continuing and certainly isn't worth the sacrifice in personal freedom for all of the law abiding citizens out there.
You ever think that maybe the stats are up because it is legal therefor people will admit to using it?

As for the DWH or whatever you want to call it being up, I'm calling BS on that one, unless you mean a statistically small number that means nothing. That's one of the big reasons IMHO that it's going to be hard for the fed to legalize it nation wide is that there's no field sobriety or breathalyzer type test to see how high you are.
It’s true. He heard it on the radio.  Devils lettuce and now devils fungus.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For all of you who think this is a good thing you should take a look at what just legalizing pot has done to the city of Seattle where tourism is down and many long time conventions are finding another place to go. Also heard on the radio the other day the same thing is happening in Denver where some huge tourist/convention destination is being devastated by the pot heads. It is not the drugs that are a problem, it is what they lead to.
View Quote
Fair enough but I don’t need the government telling me what I can or can’t consume. There will always be lowlifes that make excuses to be squatterers whereas I, and probably you could get high often and be super productive.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a good exhibit of how conservatives and liberals both want to control you, only in different ways.

You (gov) want to make it illegal for ME to eat something, to choose to put something into MY body?

Fuck you. And I don't even do it. But fuck you anyways.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Whos with me?
Then deal with the squatters for squatting, don’t tell someone else what to eat or smoke if they are not bothering you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Then deal with the squatters for squatting, don’t tell someone else what to eat or smoke if they are not bothering you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Whos with me?
Crazy talk.

I much prefer to box up all of societies' ills into one package and limit my boogie men to 1, maybe 2, mantras.

Anything else is just too much.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
FPNI. My exact response.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pot stoned beggars on the streets twisting arms of the tourist?

The whole west coast and Nevada are off the convention lists? I wouldn't think there's enough spare capacity in non-dope states ... at least ones people actually want to visit on purpose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all of you who think this is a good thing you should take a look at what just legalizing pot has done to the city of Seattle where tourism is down and many long time conventions are finding another place to go. Also heard on the radio the other day the same thing is happening in Denver where some huge tourist/convention destination is being devastated by the pot heads. It is not the drugs that are a problem, it is what they lead to.
Pot stoned beggars on the streets twisting arms of the tourist?

The whole west coast and Nevada are off the convention lists? I wouldn't think there's enough spare capacity in non-dope states ... at least ones people actually want to visit on purpose.
I certainly don't hear anyone here in NV talking about it negatively.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Whos with me?
You can't, that was the point.  Drug addicts are simply becoming another 'marginalized class' for the left.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll tell you what's magic...a pan full of butter fried Morels
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I am sure that brilliant move will work out splendidly there, what idiots
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good.  Psilocybe mushrooms are immensely beneficial for a variety of disorders, including PTSD and depression.
View Quote
This.  Idgaf
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am sure that brilliant move will work out splendidly there, what idiots
View Quote
Nobody does shrooms in Texas.  Yup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#24]
What happens when you add it to pot? If one is legal then the combination of the two should be ok, right?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As if there isn't enough crazies running around Denver.....
View Quote
this, with grammar corrected  
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So these idiots just proved what AG Sessions and others have said over and over. MJ is a gateway drug.

I wouldn’t put it past the govt to reclassify both as Rx only and come down on stats now.

Stoner dumbasses,
View Quote
Aside from Sessions being less useful to humanity than a used condom, you could argue the same thing with freedom.

If you start giving people too many freedoms, they'll want more and more and we'll end up in a free-for all anarchy.

Tell me how my argument is any less valid than yours.  Tell me how that makes the world or the country or even your own individual life any better for it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You can't, that was the point.  Drug addicts are simply becoming another 'marginalized class' for the left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Whos with me?
What does that have to do with the legality of a mushroom? It’s like banning alcohol because some people are assholes when they are drunk or kill people driving drunk.  Deal with the criminal aspect of it, but I’m having a bourbon in my study right now after a long days work, kids and wife are in bed, I’m not going anywhere, don’t compare me to drunk driver or whatever other asshole things some drunks do.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What happens when you add it to pot? If one is legal then the combination of the two should be ok, right?
View Quote
You should write a letter to the DEA to clarify.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#29]
They used to grow all over the cow pies in my friend's pasture.  He didn't cultivate them, and was often running hippies off his land when they would be looking for them.   If something grows wild like that, what is a land owner supposed to do?  It would seem unrealistic to try and prosecute someone because they failed to pick up cow crap in all their pastures.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Recently approved to treat depression.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324656.php

Lots of promising studies for Psilocybin as well.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/fda-looking-at-magic-mushroom-ingredient-to-treat-depression

I am all for better depression treatments.  Depression is a big problem in our modern society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fyi,  ketamine is still better
Recently approved to treat depression.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324656.php

Lots of promising studies for Psilocybin as well.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/fda-looking-at-magic-mushroom-ingredient-to-treat-depression

I am all for better depression treatments.  Depression is a big problem in our modern society.
No doubt. It's worse than it's ever been.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Whos with me?
Unfortunately you will never convince them that it is more complicated than "muh freedom"
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's sickening how many people hate freedom.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea smartass, I heard it on the radio... From a guy in Denver trying to stop the madness and I have witnessed it here in Washington first hand.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Stoner dumbasses,
View Quote
It’s a gateway drug because people smoke it and realize how stupid it is that it is illegal and consider what other things are illegal but shouldn’t be.  Furthermore, they have made the leap into illegality with weed, they are already a lawbreaker, so what the hell.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What does that have to do with the legality of a mushroom? It’s like banning alcohol because some people are assholes when they are drunk or kill people driving drunk.  Deal with the criminal aspect of it, but I’m having a bourbon in my study right now after a long days work, kids and wife are in bed, I’m not going anywhere, don’t compare me to drunk driver or whatever other asshole things some drunks do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Whos with me?
I was referring to the 'muh freedom' argument which doesn't really frame what is going on, not the isolated efficacy of drug legalization. It is not going to play out like some libertarian fantasy so often parroted here.  It will play out like it is playing out in these liberal cities....they will have the freedom and you will have to tolerate them, not to mention the direct and indirect subsidization.  It is no coincidence that these places are also increasingly 'decriminalizing' the offenses that are most commonly associated with drug addicts.  It is not as simple as so many like to frame it is my point.  We can debate drug legalization on its many pros and cons, I just think the simplistic freedom arguments don't really address anything, at least not outside the very small echo chamber here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
You trip longer. Pot and shrooms doesn’t equal a white woman fucking, jazz dancing, draft card burning good time x 10
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yea smartass, I heard it on the radio... From a guy in Denver trying to stop the madness and I have witnessed it here in Washington first hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it’s true.  Some guy on the radio and you on the internet said it. Gotcha.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We should start a fad of drinking a quart of RoundUp.
View Quote
If somebody claims they're drinking only a quart of Roundup a day it's probably really twice that at least.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So it's true.  Some guy on the radio and you on the internet said it. Gotcha.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's true. He heard it on the radio.  Devils lettuce and now devils fungus.
So it's true.  Some guy on the radio and you on the internet said it. Gotcha.
I just took a course from one of the heads of the medical examiners office in colorado. The number of bodies involved in traffic fatalities with measurable mj metabolites is way way up.

One of the main problems is... I forget what the term for them he used was, but people unfamiliar with dope use are getting into a lot of trouble with edibles. Says, pot is a LOT stronger than the 70's, and brownies/gummy bears/whatever have to be viewed as 'doses' and not 'fatbody cram a bunch in your mouths'.

As a result, people eat one piece of the cookie, it doesn't take as quickly as they like, and they wind up eating the entire cookie/couple cookies or whatever. Resultant mental state has contributed to a few deaths, most public was the kid that took the header off the hotel balcony.

Either no, or one fatality directly related to OD of MJ, but a new trend is death from continual puking tied to chronic use of MJ. They call it "Cannabinoid hyperemesis / cyclic vomiting syndrome"

There was more, but it didn't really stick
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I just took a course from one of the heads of the medical examiners office in colorado. The number of bodies involved in traffic fatalities with measurable mj metabolites is way way up.

snip
View Quote
https://gazette.com/news/mixed-findings-on-colorado-marijuana-traffic-deaths/article_ec6a8f4c-a722-11e8-9c81-17b5312abb33.html

The number of highway deaths involving Colorado drivers who had marijuana in their system grew again in 2017, a new state study shows.

At the same time, traffic fatalities in which drivers had enough marijuana in their bloodstream to be deemed legally impaired dropped sharply, from 52 in 2016 to 35 last year.

The reason for this seeming contradiction: Marijuana can remain in the bloodstream for weeks, so a positive blood test may not mean a driver was stoned at the time of a deadly crash.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:05:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Freedom is scary.
View Quote
Sorry your girl lost.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:35:00 AM EDT
[#42]
I hope the Feds drop the hammer on them over this.  Shrooms are supposed to be way worse than cannabis.

What is next legalize LSD, Speed, angel dust, coke?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:41:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hope the Feds drop the hammer on them over this.  Shrooms are supposed to be way worse than cannabis.

View Quote
LSD should definitely be legalized.

Shrooms are worse than cannabis in the same way that antibiotics are worse than bloodletting.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:56:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Richie Havens - Freedom at Woodstock 1969 (HD)
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why not?
Why don't we eliminate entitlement programs and divert that spending to subsidize drugs? Cuts the profit out of the game, fucks cartels, keeps people from having to caper to support their habits and they can have as much as they want.
Disincentivizes the crime and takes care of users in short order. Win/Win.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Shrooms are worse than cannabis in the same way that antibiotics are worse than bloodletting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coke should be legal too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sorry your girl lost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom is scary.
Sorry your girl lost.
So original!

Did you think that up all by yourself?

You should be proud of yourself! Gold  Star for you!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://gazette.com/news/mixed-findings-on-colorado-marijuana-traffic-deaths/article_ec6a8f4c-a722-11e8-9c81-17b5312abb33.html

The number of highway deaths involving Colorado drivers who had marijuana in their system grew again in 2017, a new state study shows.

At the same time, traffic fatalities in which drivers had enough marijuana in their bloodstream to be deemed legally impaired dropped sharply, from 52 in 2016 to 35 last year.

The reason for this seeming contradiction: Marijuana can remain in the bloodstream for weeks, so a positive blood test may not mean a driver was stoned at the time of a deadly crash.
View Quote
I wonder about the frequency of testing for mj and how that has affected the numbers. In other words, my guess is that years ago there was zero testing done for mj, and now they come up with more situations that they have decided warrant (ha!) testing for mj, so the number of tests being performed is increasing year over year. This means that by golly they are finding more cases of mj in people's systems, but only because they are testing more people. Unless the number of people tested each year is the same, one cannot draw conclusions about how many people are using.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
If everyone wants to get high, what business of it is ours? And no, there will not be a epidemic of weed or shroom filled burglaries of violence. Sorry to disappoint.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So original!

Did you think that up all by yourself?

You should be proud of yourself! Gold  Star for you!!
View Quote
About as meaningful and original as the freedom arfism.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top