BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been at each other’s throats since I got in.

Trying not to give in and have a few tonight. Gonna be hard not to I reckon.

Wife trying to apologize, but it’s more like “sorry you have a problem with me praying.”  Told her this creep was trying to slide in, and she said I was “projecting” what I would do.

The fucking best part, I saw the convo a little while ago and Jody boy wanted to meet up with her and give her some veggies from his garden. She declined and shut that down. Problem I have is she shoulda shut his lame ass down months ago when he was commenting and creeping on her profile
View Quote

Don't drink too much.

Just take time to calm down and then talk to her.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
She’s having an emotional affair. Her emotional energy goes to him. Not to you.

Much much much more dangerous than a physical one.

She let him into your marriage. The wife, and ONLY the wife can get him out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well, if OP is making the smoke.

Sorry OP, but time to be an adult. Look at the messages. If she is right, apologize, grow up, and address your insecurity. If you have trust issues, you need to address the internal ones you have OR address the things she is or has done that justifies the lack of trust.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where their is smoke...

Well, if OP is making the smoke.

Sorry OP, but time to be an adult. Look at the messages. If she is right, apologize, grow up, and address your insecurity. If you have trust issues, you need to address the internal ones you have OR address the things she is or has done that justifies the lack of trust.

Another toxic bullshit post. Get a fucking clue. OP didn't do anything wrong here.  He noticed a pattern that could indicate a developing issue, followed up on it, and turned out to be correct.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wife trying to apologize, but it’s more like “sorry you have a problem with me praying.”  Told her this creep was trying to slide in, and she said I was “projecting” what I would do.

The fucking best part, I saw the convo a little while ago and Jody boy wanted to meet up with her and give her some veggies from his garden. She declined and shut that down. Problem I have is she shoulda shut his lame ass down months ago when he was commenting and creeping on her profile
View Quote

The problem isn’t that you’re praying; it’s that you’re doing it in secret.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends. Is she letting me see the d#%k pics too? If so then it’s fine if not f her selfish ass.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't understand why men can't just move on from thier shitty relationships... you know... like men. Cut your losses and enjoy the new found freedom.
View Quote

I think all of us are guilty of that at some point.  Some of us have this issue in high school, some into adult level relationships, and some decades into a marriage.  Everyone is different I got caught in the web right out of high school but now I am the guy who tries to help friends who are stuck in the spider web.  Some think they are to vested to eject and just live miserably.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

100% At the end of the day, be the man.
View Quote

Exactly this ^^ because if you’re not then she will find one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't imagine being in a relationship where such a thing is a concern.  How long have you been married?
View Quote

I'm not the OP, but I've been married long enough to know that a single guy devoting that much attention to a married woman online and in the DMs is inappropriate and unacceptable.  

Guys don't put an investment of time and attention into a girl they have no interest in fucking.  Whether she wants to go there or not, it's not appropriate of the guy to be doing that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Just like men, women like to know they are still.appealing to the opposite  sex or.same.sex (I aint judging).  The reality is you are freaking adults, act like it, sit down and have a conversation.   Are you unhappy?  Do you.want to see other people?  Do.you want a divorce?   Its not.that hard, its a heckuva lot.better than acting like two.psychos and making each other miserable
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's cool. He has a little crush on me.

I'm used to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have female friends, and my wife has guy friends. If you don’t trust her, get a new wife that you can.

This. It sounds like OP and his wife have bigger fish to fry than just this guy DMing OP's wife.

Similar. I see nothing wrong with her actions in a vacuum.

But he doesn't trust her.

That's a separate issue.

Maybe her fault. Maybe his.

So in other words, you really had nothing to say at all except the thrill you get from interjecting yourself into yet another thread, that high must be so amazing

Isn’t that the whole point of GD? What’re you here for if not that?

It's cool. He has a little crush on me.

I'm used to it.

I’m just into you cause you have a green Porsche
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

She's gaslighting you.  Good luck man.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think OP Ghosted us or is drawing up divorce papers....
View Quote

OP is sniffing panties to see if there is anything amiss.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Transparent deflection there. Clearly the problem is not her praying.

Also it’s not just projecting why you would do it. It’s why men do it. And it’s also why you aren’t PMing women trying to start up relationships.

I’d ask what’s so important about this guy that you can’t cut him loose when I’m obviously bothered by it. Why is he more important than our marriage?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not the OP, but I've been married long enough to know that a single guy devoting that much attention to a married woman online and in the DMs is inappropriate and unacceptable.  

Guys don't put an investment of time and attention into a girl they have no interest in fucking.  Whether she wants to go there or not, it's not appropriate of the guy to be doing that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't imagine being in a relationship where such a thing is a concern.  How long have you been married?

What’s inappropriate is the wife letting him into their marriage. And he’s already in

Jealousy is the most evil emotion.

“Wife, you’ve let another man into our marriage and into your heart and feelings. If you want to destroy our marriage then you will continue this path. Or you will correct it. I can’t make your choice for you but you are hurting me by going down this path”
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe she just likes to fantasize about other men, but she doesn't cheat?
View Quote

No no, see these days that’s considered emotional cheating. It’s kind of like when your girl gets pissed because she had a dream you cheated on her, but for guys
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya. Fuck that. He wanted to give her a cucumber out in the garden.

She should have told you about that shit right then, showed you the messages and then asked what you wanted her to do.

The line isn’t at intercourse. The line is a long ways before actual intercourse, in my opinion, in a respectful marriage with boundaries.

Id be pretty pissed she let it go on this long on the down low.

Edited to add: don’t drink and deal with this. Either separate yourself from the situation and go drink or stop drinking and talk calmly. But you can’t or shouldn’t try to do both
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Months ago, noticed that this guy was "liking" or commenting on every one of my wife's social media posts. Asked her about it, if he knew the guy and what his deal was. Just basic intel gathering. Apparently guy used to deliver supplies to her workplace office, no big deal she said.  Still kind of stuck with me, especially after he commented on my wife's pic from her Florida va vacation where he commented that wife/daughter looked "great."  (No, not posting wife pics today, fellas).  

She showed me a video on her phone yesterday and I swiped off her app and took a quick glance of her FB messages. Low and behold this guy had chatted her up last week.
I asked her about it today and she said he was asking for prayer requests for his mom etc.  

Sound innocuous enough, but I ain't buying it either.  You want a prayer request go to church, or find a group of friends that you can pray with etc.  Messaging a married woman for a prayer request out of the blue falls outside appropriate to  me.  

Which leads me to the point or question or this, is it appropriate for a married woman to chat, or private message with another man, outside business or work related conversation? Or vice versa.
View Quote

Hell no! Nor should she show any skin of any kind! Ala snack bar!

On a more serious note, it sounds like you could have something going. You know what I do if I have something like that going on? Id talk to the person. I certainly wouldn't get on fucking GD with this group of mouth breathers asking for marriage advice considering I honestly would bet 50% of the people here actually do live in mom's basement. More importantly a lot of the married men here would gladly keep their wife under lock and key with my guess being some deep deep trust issues and/or just the typical boomer crowd that thinks its 1956 still. Which is why so many of the post in these threads start off with "well my ex wife"

On a marco scale, no. What you posted is incredibly retarded. Men and women can be *gasp* friends if they can actually be adults about it. I have two very very very good friends that are female. Both in a long term serious relationship, both of which I have the same exact sexual attraction to as guy friends, zero. More importantly I have the respect for them, their boyfriends and their relationships to even consider trying something because I'm not a sack of shit.
Its really not hard fellas
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Also it’s not just projecting why you would do it. It’s why men do it. And it’s also why you aren’t PMing women trying to start up relationships.

I’d ask what’s so important about this guy that you can’t cut him loose when I’m obviously bothered by it. Why is he more important than our marriage?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I would do the same thing.  But then you have all the cucks here who think that if you can't just look past obvious warning signs and want your partner to put her shit back in one sock, YOU are the asshole...........
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dude, same shit happened to me I swear. Her staying “Late” at work turned into her being “Late” if you know what I mean. Listen to your gut, I ignored mine and paid dearly in the end. Good luck

-Fastloadguy
View Quote

Accurate username

ETA beat by my beat-off buddy
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Would you want to be with someone who would ever take the ice cream? Even in difficult times?  I don’t think I would.
View Quote

Seems like my post went over your head. People have moments of weakness. It’s part of being human.

Maybe you’ve never been in a multi-decade relationship and still believe you, your spouse, and your relationship will be in 20 years. Or don’t understand that type of investment and the value of working through hard times.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He likely likes your wife but don’t be too hard on her just yet for her replying to him.  

It can be easy to get down that road a little bit without realizing it.

Sounds like this just happened and not too much went on.

If you talk to your wife and she still messages the guy then I would say that’s not good.

View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
It depends on the circumstances and the whole situation. For example, I am married. I have 4 female friends that I message semi-regularly. Two of them are friends from high school, and they were guests at our wedding. The third is a friend that I have known for 20+ years, and was also a guest at our wedding. All three are married. The fourth is a friend from work that we met while stationed in Germany 4 years ago. She and my wife have met, and we had her over for holiday dinners/gatherings, as she is single and was going through a rough time with her ex. The messages are simple "hey, how's it going, how's the family, etc" type messages. Nothing sexual, flirty, or otherwise suspect.

The key here is that my wife knows all these women and likes them. She would probably have issues if I was messaging some random chick from work that I met once or twice and she has never met.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Be careful.

Its one of those gay electric ones.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife is loyal to a fault. When I get suspicious she gets defensive. Not because she’s guilty but because she doesn’t like confrontation and just reacts.

She turned down his request to meet up. She’s doing the right thing.

My wife is a teacher at the local school. She posted vacation pics, a couple where in a bikini, everyone was in swim suits. We were at the beach.

I’m sure there’s a dozen guys in this town that jerk off to the thought of her. She’s hot, beautiful, smart and funny.

I hate the idea of it.

You aren’t sure yet exactly the extent of your issues. Be strategic. Don’t shut her down. If something bad is happening you need to be able to see it so that you know if it ends, you did what you needed to do to come to a rational conclusion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The existence of someone else isn't going to make you love your partner less.

If the relationship fails it's only due to the bond of those that agreed to be together.
View Quote

LOL.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hell no! Nor should she show any skin of any kind! Ala snack bar!
View Quote

COVER THOSE ANKLES YOU SSSSSSSSSSSLUT!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sit down and talk to her about how you perceive this.  If she cannot understand your perspective and at least hear you out that to you this is something serious then that is not good for your relationship.  Regardless if anything has happened she should at least hear your side of what you see.  If she outright dismisses you then you have bigger problems that you two need to work out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Be careful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Jealousy is the most evil emotion.

View Quote

Is this the part where we find out OP has been getting attention from attractive females?

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The existence of someone else isn't going to make you love your partner less.

If the relationship fails it's only due to the bond of those that agreed to be together.

LOL.

Not sure why that's funny.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Edit: No it is not inappropriate.  If you can't trust your wife then you don't have a good relationship with her.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/0ZN6V6A-1256077.jpg

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It sounds like you are trying not to drink.  As if you are an alcoholic?  If so, do not.  Do whatever not to.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It depends on the circumstances and the whole situation. For example, I am married. I have 4 female friends that I message semi-regularly. Two of them are friends from high school, and they were guests at our wedding. The third is a friend that I have known for 20+ years, and was also a guest at our wedding. All three are married. The fourth is a friend from work that we met while stationed in Germany 4 years ago. She and my wife have met, and we had her over for holiday dinners/gatherings, as she is single and was going through a rough time with her ex. The messages are simple "hey, how's it going, how's the family, etc" type messages. Nothing sexual, flirty, or otherwise suspect.

The key here is that my wife knows all these women and likes them. She would probably have issues if I was messaging some random chick from work that I met once or twice and she has never met.
View Quote

See, that’s level. No surprises. I’m betting the both of you discussed things and I’m betting she laid out her expectations and fears and you listened. Everyone has boundaries. Relationships have boundaries.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Guys cheat for poon. Women cheat for feelings. She is engaged in an emotional affair. She’s grabbing the next emotional branch.

He’s already in your marriage. Without laying a finger on her.

So tell her how it makes you feel.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Have her invite her friend over and you can all pray together. After that, tell him to keep his dick skinners out of your wife's DMs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Edit: No it is not inappropriate.  If you can't trust your wife then you don't have a good relationship with her.

View Quote

Trust is maintained through trustworthy behavior.  Do sketchy things and people will lose trust in you.

Based on what the OP describes this guy is showing an odd degree of interest in his wife and his wife should recognize this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My wife is loyal to a fault. When I get suspicious she gets defensive. Not because she’s guilty but because she doesn’t like confrontation and just reacts.

My wife is a teacher at the local school. She posted vacation pics, a couple where in a bikini, everyone was in swim suits. We were at the beach.

I’m sure there’s a dozen guys in this town that jerk off to the thought of her. She’s hot, beautiful, smart and funny.

I hate the idea of it.

You aren’t sure yet exactly the extent of your issues. Be strategic. Don’t shut her down. If something bad is happening you need to be able to see it so that you know if it ends, you did what you needed to do to come to a rational conclusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate the idea of it.

Pics? Link to FB profile?

I just want to ask for prayers for my…retarded…uncle…cousin
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

this is what i alluded to, prayer requests, likes , pm then can i come over and see you and give you blah blah, these are attempts to be in your wifes life. Normal men know married women dont have time for this shit, its all a matter of degree. You need to tell him directly to stop contacting your wife and endure whatever blowback you get from her...

and by the way HONEST praying should never be a source of conflict that comes between a man and his wife
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah gonna go with there is shit going on for sure. If she's not riding the horse yet, she's definitely taken the saddle out of the barn

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#44]
What is your gut feeling telling you? One thing I’ve learned in past 55+ years is that my gut feeling is always right.  I have ignored my gut feeling several times and it has always come back to bite me in the ass…really hard
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Op.  It’s not ok.  Let HIM know that.  Trust your wife unless you have evidence.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Seems like my post went over your head. People have moments of weakness. It’s part of being human.

Maybe you’ve never been in a multi-decade relationship and still believe you, your spouse, and your relationship will be in 20 years. Or don’t understand that type of investment and the value of working through hard times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you want to be with someone who would ever take the ice cream? Even in difficult times?  I don’t think I would.

No need to get snarky.  

Yes, I am in a multi-decade relationship.  It has ups and downs.

But during the down times, and having had plenty of opportunity, I have never cheated on my wife.  And I don’t believe she has cheated on me.  

In all cases, this wasn’t because of direct intervention one of us took to prevent the other from cheating.  

It was because we don’t cheat, even in the down times.  If you or your spouse would cheat, even when things are down, perhaps you chose poorly.

But beyond the actual physical act of cheating, I would not want to be with someone who would cheat in the down times.  If I had to intervene and prevent them from doing it, I would still end the relationship.  The very fact that you had to intervene in the first place would mean it was already over.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#47]
It's a setting for a cheat, that hasn't happened yet - and might not.  He's putting it out there if she wants to stray, he's totally super game for that.  Does she want to think about that?  No?  Not really?  Oh OK. That's cool.  Say, sorry to bother you again, you look really great.  Prayer request for my moms dog?

Aside from that,  probably nothing... probably.  

The fact that the wife is being coy doesn't mean she's pulling shit, but she should be eye rolling more than she is.  Being Mr Jelly probably isn't helping though.

Should you be outraged and engaged?  Meh, guy is encroaching a bit - but at this stage it's only a bit beyond flirting.   It's your wife who should be putting up the fence, and that's where your ire actually should be.

I wouldn't make this into a freak out encounter - but being aware and a little "dude! He is soooo coming onto you!" Laughing mockery to the wife is in order- and leave it at that.  At this point

Just my own take - in not the site marriage and romance czar.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

YES it is inappropriate. Trusting someone that is doing shady shit (and she IS) is just fucking stupid. If there's a problem with the relationship why is automatically his fault? Some women are just cunts, or start out fine and become cunts. Not saying that is necessarily the case but it happens all the time. If there's a relationship problem she needs to talk to him and work on it instead of carrying on with this other asshole, but it's pretty obvious she doesn't care and is ignoring his concerns. All bad signs on her part.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#49]
You guys don’t get it. She’s already cheating. Emotionally. She let him in. Only she can get him out.

Women cheat on feelings. Not dick. They can get dick anywhere, anytime.

So talk her language. Feelings.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Part of the problem is shes a woman. They are oblivious to the real intention of all this.
they think you are being silly, trying to control them, trying to pick their friends, being jealous,overreacting, being mean, embarrassing them and they knee jerk defend the weasel. All this instead of thinking this weasel is trying to ruin my marriage... You have lines not to cross as a partner in this marriage and you should simply tell him, hes not wanted . He may if hes brave say well she should decide that. You then say again I'M deciding it now FO

ps be prepared for a fight from her but stand your ground
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top