Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So you see a truck and immediately think about a guys dick?

That's kind of gay, isn't it?

Edit, non-brodozer driver here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the same way about bro dozers and small dick syndrome.
So you see a truck and immediately think about a guys dick?

That's kind of gay, isn't it?

Edit, non-brodozer driver here.
Actually, it's not so subtle sarcasm.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife had one....sold it to her brother in law's father.  He loves it.
My wife's old old old boyfriend (long before I met her) had one and used to race them.
My 65 year old neighbor has one. He love it.

As a tuner car, I can see the appeal.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don't forget the "never been laid" part.....that's a big part of this puzzle

I'm waiting for his next thread(s).

....I hate idiots who wear t-shirts and flip-flops

....I hate it when girls don't think it's funny when I stalk them

....What's up with all the idiots that think they are cool with their girlfriends

etc, etc, etc......

If OP's goal is to turn into the new idiot poster of ARFCOM.....he's getting there in a hurry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The OP is a millennial frat boy who's not yet 30. Just something to remember when replying to his (her?) threads.

....What's up with all the idiots that think they are cool with their girlfriends

etc, etc, etc......

If OP's goal is to turn into the new idiot poster of ARFCOM.....he's getting there in a hurry.
Bitches love my quick wit and outside-the-box observations.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Headlights go up.

Headlights go down.

Headlights go up.

Headlights go down.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your mom doesn't count....
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The OP is a millennial frat boy who's not yet 30. Just something to remember when replying to his (her?) threads.

etc, etc, etc......

Sounds like they prefer you staying outside-the-box.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn....now that was a good one
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Soon....

Building an LS1 based high rpm engine using a DelWest Titanium valvetrain and LS7 titanium connecting rods. If I can swing it, I'd like to find a cross ram ITB setup to throw on it for shits 'n giggles.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I paid 25K for my boxster, I paid 32K for my 5.0 mustang and I paid 27K for my C6...The miata was just under 30K the one I looked at but I do understand and that is why I went to look at one in those prices...it juts wasnt close in my opinion...the A5 was new at 55K
View Quote
So used prices on everything except the miata and A5, how much would the miata be vs the boxster if they were the same year and mileage?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had one I put $12,000 in mods into.

It was stupidly, amazingly, and dangerously quick. You could bounce it off its rev-limiter in 5th gear, 137 mph.

Goddamn that was a fun car!
View Quote
Family member had a homebrewed turbo NA. What a fun little car that was to drive.
He ran out of talent up on the local mountains and wadded it up. He was fine, car not so much.

I like, appreciate or at least respect most aspects of the car hobby.
So yeah, Miatas are GTG in my book.
Wouldn't personally ever own one due to my own dislike of convertibles but I get why people like them.

I have a 60s "musclecar", 4x4, lowered pickup and a vintage Japanese truck. My next car will probably be a Porsche Cayman S. Should give you some idea as to how all over the place my interests are.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know man, I'm a complete car snob, but I can see the appeal of a lightweight, agile car, with simple mechanics.

But I like all kinds of cool things.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had hundreds of motorcycles.  Used to race them.  I had more fun on my KTM Duke II than I ever did on any of my literbikes (GSXR 1k, R1, 929, ZX9, etc).

I'm a corner guy.  Straight line, drag race, top speed...meh.  However, railing around a corner and powering out hard?  Nirvana.  Inadequate power teaches technique and energy conservation.  When I had all those bikes sitting in the garage, the KTM is what I fired up for a weekend fling in the Santa Monica Mountains.  Without a doubt the most rewarding.  Smoked a lot of liter bikes on Decker Canyon, Mulholland, Stunt, etc.

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast (or make a slow car feel fast), than it is to drive a fast car slow.  Not to mention, ko-karts rule the corners.  Miata or S2k for me, though a Shelby Cobra replica would be nice.  Something like a vette is a cruiser.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must give credit where it’s due!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I paid 25K for my boxster, I paid 32K for my 5.0 mustang and I paid 27K for my C6...The miata was just under 30K the one I looked at but I do understand and that is why I went to look at one in those prices...it juts wasnt close in my opinion...the A5 was new at 55K
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does the miata cost compared to the other cars in your post, I think that may have something to do with the attraction
I have all of 3K in my 93 Miata and that includes TTP and going through all the fluids after I got it.

All I wanted was something dirt cheap to bomb around on all the twisty back roads around my house that didn't cost much to keep going. For that, it's hard to beat it for the $$$ to fun factor.

Now if I wanted something for divided HWY driving, Oh hell no.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/am7Wfl6.jpg
Soon....

Building an LS1 based high rpm engine using a DelWest Titanium valvetrain and LS7 titanium connecting rods. If I can swing it, I'd like to find a cross ram ITB setup to throw on it for shits 'n giggles.
View Quote
What's the advantage of the high rpm setup and the expensive rods and valvetrain?  You can get 500hp out of an LS pretty darn easy. Strap on a single turbo....and you have 700++hp on pump gas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Soon....

View Quote
Oohhhh fuck....going to be epic.  But you do realize that a stock LS will probably move this just as fast as all that go fast shit will do it?  Because warp speed comes easy at that weight.  Shits going to look like the Millennium Falcon going into overdrive through the windshield.  Yer ass is going to black out at full throttle.  Better get fitted for a G suit now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Why do Miatas get more attention than the Mini Coopers? The R53's (2001-2006 mini Cooper S) cars are super fun to drive, 6 speed manual, supercharged motor, a few bolt ons will get you to 200hp, super fast steering (12:1), lots of aftermarket support, they handle and brake amazing, and they track the hell out of them all over the place.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why do Miatas get more attention than the Mini Coopers?
View Quote
Are Minis still wrong-wheel drive?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Worked at a Mazda dealer in college when the Miata's first came out.  People were paying list + to buy them, thinking they were going to be a limited production car.  My only gripe at the time was they needed tilt steering for a little more leg room.  Same dealer also sold Toyota so my main lust was for the Supra.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's the advantage of the high rpm setup and the expensive rods and valvetrain?  You can get 500hp out of an LS pretty darn easy. Strap on a single turbo....and you have 700++hp on pump gas.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Soon....

Because of how light the car is, you don't have to make much torque to get these cars moving, thus higher RPM top end horsepower becomes more desirable along with the ability to keep the engine at higher rpm, for longer periods of time on a road course. In another example, my CTS-V requires a lot of low end torque to get that 4200lb+ boat moving. Also why it's a supercharged engine which now has about 740ft/lbs of torque.

The lightweight rods and rotating assembly just keeps centrifugal load off the main bearings at high RPM and extend engine life. Loads increase exponentially with RPM. That pound of rotating weight can add up to hundreds of pounds of force at 8k.

A titanium valvetrain lets you use lighter spring pressures and more agressive cam lobe ramp rates without inducing valvetrain float at that high RPM.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#23]
The car is great.

The fan base is my level of fanaticism.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Headlights go up.

Headlights go down.

Headlights go up.

Headlights go down.
View Quote
Then the big sad stay down and don’t go back up ??
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Headlights go up.

Headlights go down.

Headlights go up.

Headlights go down.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm 5'11" 250lbs and it fits me fine. If you are over 6'1" or so you may not fit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, front wheel drive ...but very neutral handling when set up right.  And like the Miatas, darn near 50/50 weight distribution.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#28]
The most common engine swap is a 302 Ford V8.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
And now he has his answer
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Not a Miata however I did drive a MiniCooper RS on a trip to Phoenix.  Went from there to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and back.  Other than almost getting into a fight in Phoenix with some Mexican who thought I was gay because of the car (no shit true story) it was one of the most fun cars I've driven.  6 speed manual , turbo, convertible, and hugged the road like it was on freaking rails.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yes, front wheel drive ...but very neutral handling when set up right.  And like the Miatas, darn near 50/50 weight distribution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure everything you said is true, but my question is the answer to your original question.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thank God I drive a Pontiac Solstice...
View Quote
I actually want one of those...everyone makes fun of me...but dammit....top down, a pipe and a scally cap!  That's stylin' right there!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Dumb me. Never once worried about what someone else drives.
View Quote
I worry every time time when I’m worried it will hit me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oohhhh fuck....going to be epic.  But you do realize that a stock LS will probably move this just as fast as all that go fast shit will do it?  Because warp speed comes easy at that weight.  Shits going to look like the Millennium Falcon going into overdrive through the windshield.  Yer ass is going to black out at full throttle.  Better get fitted for a G suit now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Soon....

And it will be beautiful...
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He's a troll... kind of a junior varsity version of rogueboss. It's what he does.

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not a Miata however I did drive a MiniCooper RS on a trip to Phoenix.  Went from there to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and back.  Other than almost getting into a fight in Phoenix with some Mexican who thought I was gay because of the car (no shit true story) it was one of the most fun cars I've driven.  6 speed manual , turbo, convertible, and hugged the road like it was on freaking rails.
View Quote
I have an 03' JCW Mini Cooper S. I've got 175k miles on it.....and even though I've got another "fun" car to tinker with.....I can't make myself sell it. It's just a fun little gocart of a car......and looks much better than any Miata.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#37]
An older Miata is the closest thing you can get to a modern Lotus Elan, MGB, Triumph TR-series, Alfa Romeo Spider, etc..

Just the most purest sports car: lightweight, front engine/rear drive, manual transmission, and an open top.

I had an older NA Miata on Tein coilovers, roll bar, hard top, etc.. and it was actually more fun to drive than both of my older air cooled 911s. The Miata was so underpowered but it was FUN. People forget that. You don't need a car that can do 1.3g on a skidpad if you're just driving public roads. Sometimes a slower car pushed to the limits is more fun than a faster car at only 50% (because you've already doubled the speed limit).

Plus with a Miata it's so well balanced, great steering, excellent manual transmission, etc.. it's really hard to get into any real trouble. Just a car that you can push hard and it rewards you.

One of the few cars I would drive just to drive. Took so many long trips up the Pacific Highway coast in those long sweeping turns. Car would always put a huge smile on my face.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have an 03' JCW Mini Cooper S. I've got 175k miles on it.....and even though I've got another "fun" car to tinker with.....I can't make myself sell it. It's just a fun little gocart of a car......and looks much better than any Miata.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But it's wrong wheel drive...
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm sure everything you said is true, but my question is the answer to your original question.
View Quote
I know fwd makes it impossible for something like an LS swap....but as far as the car itself, I've seen plenty of minis passing Miatas on the track.....fwd isn't all bad.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#40]
And yes...I will agree. A mini, Miata, or any other small, light weight, good handling car is a blast to drive on the street.

I actually enjoy driving my little Mini S more than my BMW 335i (400hp/450+tq).
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I know fwd makes it impossible for something like an LS swap....but as far as the car itself, I've seen plenty of minis passing Miatas on the track.....fwd isn't all bad.
View Quote
Nope, fwd is in fact, all bad.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP got passed by a few on track day.   It happens OP don't get all butt hurt about it.
View Quote

Since the OP has a Ferrari pic as his avatar...

It's like comparing a Desert Eagle to a Glock. One is big and powerful and on paper is pretty much the best damn thing there is. But the ammo is expensive, it's impractical in size, and frequently breaks down should you attempt to actually use it as gun.  The other is boring and pedestrian but is cheap and reliable. If you like bragging about the best and looking at an expensive paper weight? Get the deagle. If you actually like shooting you'll go buy a Glock.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nope, fwd is in fact, all bad.
View Quote
Ok, if you say so.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I can tell you have never driven one.
View Quote
Im not gay so.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have all of 3K in my 93 Miata and that includes TTP and going through all the fluids after I got it.

All I wanted was something dirt cheap to bomb around on all the twisty back roads around my house that didn't cost much to keep going. For that, it's hard to beat it for the $$$ to fun factor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does the miata cost compared to the other cars in your post, I think that may have something to do with the attraction

That’s almost exactly where I’m at. Mine is a ‘94 I paid $3,500 for.

It’s been perfectly reliable, consumables are super cheap, and the manual transmission is awesome like a Tikka bolt action rifle.

On curvy back roads at 30-60 MPH, there’s not much room for improvement. I’d maybe like to try a S2k or a Lotus.

On the interstate, it’s crap. It’s in that environment that I’d probably rather be in a muscle car or a GT car.

I’ll probably always spend the bulk of my money on pickup trucks, though, so the Miata is a good cheap toy to keep around.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I actually want one of those...everyone makes fun of me...but dammit....top down, a pipe and a scally cap!  That's stylin' right there!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank God I drive a Pontiac Solstice...
I bought my Solstice when I retired and got a dog.
I rode motorcycles my entire life until I retired and got a dog, since my dog didn't fit well with my motorcycle I bought the Solstice so I could still be as open as possible yet have my dog with me - the Solstice fit the bill perfectly and my dog Osa loves riding shotgun!!

Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reliability and price of repairs is also a major variable.

Minis have an awful reputation.

If I were shopping for fun hatchbacks, I’d be looking at VW, Mazda, Honda, and the Ford ST cars.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#48]
OP drives his mom’s SUV.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Reliability and price of repairs is also a major variable.

Minis have an awful reputation.

If I were shopping for fun hatchbacks, I’d be looking at VW, Mazda, Honda, and the Ford ST cars.
View Quote
I bought my 03' mini S with 60k miles on it....it's now got 175k on it. No major issues at all.

The problem is that most mini owners are soy boys....and bitch about any little thing going wrong because they can't pull out a wrench and fix it themselves.

Honestly, mine has been extremely reliable.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#50]
What does opie drive?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top