Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I won't confirm that because it's not true and I don't for a second think you care one bit about what I think. Only if I say something the ideology you are a blind mute slave to compels you to reply to.

You are a liar.

eta: and if you continue to post that kind of content, eventually you'll pull enough deceptions and lies off that you'll get banned.
View Quote

WTF narrative is getting pushed here ?   The Twitter files basically had the disinfo pinata get slashed and ALL the agitprop came tumbling out ,  There's no going back now ,  we know too much , you basically question everything  .  So this is a flip the script end run similar to the 180° turn on who's faut the border is ?

The dems / MSM / DNC / .gov are one in the same .
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

WTF narrative is getting pushed here ?   The Twitter files basically had the disinfo pinata get slashed and ALL the agitprop came tumbling out ,  There's no going back now ,  we know too much , you basically question everything  .  So this is a flip the script end run similar to the 180° turn on who's faut the border is ?

The dems / MSM / DNC / .gov are one in the same .
View Quote

IDK why he's posting the stuff he is.

I hope he's actually a paid agent, because doing that kind of stuff for free is sad to watch.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I won't confirm that because it's not true and I don't for a second think you care one bit about what I think. Only if I say something the ideology you are a blind mute slave to compels you to reply to.

You are a liar.

eta: and if you continue to post that kind of content, eventually you'll pull enough deceptions and lies off that you'll get banned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, God forbid somebody actually try to do something to fight back against the incessant deluge of misinformation and propaganda and complete BS that is clogging up the internet and social media.  Why would we ever care about that?

Here's an example of what happens when they loosen the controls and do it the way you seem to want it done.

https://mashable.com/article/x-twitter-elon-musk-bots-fake-traffic

The data is from a company that monitors web traffic to its clients and tracks the sources and analyzes the data to identify fake versus real traffic.  Last year during the Super Bowl (soon after Musk took over Twitter and hadn't changed much yet) the fake traffic was only 2.8%.

This year 75.8% of the traffic was identified as fake.

The numbers were still low for Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc. Only Twitter showed the huge spike.  You think it had anything to do with all the loosening of controls and moderation and censorship?

If you guys hate this stuff so much, why don't you just go hang out with the like-minded people on gab and 4chan?  The rest of us would prefer not to turn the whole internet into that kind of cesspool.

Again--how would you feel about this if it was Trump's government combating left-wing propaganda and disinformation?

Good grief.

Seems I'm going to have to add to my note on your account.

dishonest will not engage pro federal trespassing laughs at feds crushing states

And now you're FOR the government controlling moderation and censorship of the internet for political purposes.

I hope nobody is paying you to be here, because you're giving them a very bad rep.

Guess I'll mark that down as "refuses to answer the question and instead spouts some strawman red herring BS".

Got it.

Just so I'm clear, please confirm--you're saying you're quite happy about the lefty commies filling social media with lies and propaganda and fake news and nobody should try to do anything about it, right?

You are a liar.

You are welcome to clarify what I'm lying about because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, my question was how you would feel about all of this if we were talking about Trump's DHS trying to suppress misinformation and lies from the left.

Maybe you're not getting my point so I'll just say it clearly--you can't have it both ways. Either you want an open internet with no filters (if you don't know what that looks like, there are websites that would be happy to show you), or there have to be gatekeepers who try to fight the never-ending cascade of misinformation and lies and propaganda.

Sounds to me like what's really going on is you don't like the idea that they are pushing back on narratives that you want to be true, even if they really aren't.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You are welcome to clarify what I'm lying about because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, my question was how you would feel about all of this if we were talking about Trump's DHS trying to suppress misinformation and lies from the left.

Maybe you're not getting my point so I'll just say it clearly--you can't have it both ways. Either you want an open internet with no filters (if you don't know what that looks like, there are websites that would be happy to show you), or there have to be gatekeepers who try to fight the never-ending cascade of misinformation and lies and propaganda.

Sounds to me like what's really going on is you don't like the idea that they are pushing back on narratives that you want to be true, even if they really aren't.
View Quote

chatGTP poster.... This is an argue-bot, look at the syntex and grammar, it`s formulaic and repetative. I get a very Uncanny Valley vibe from it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Outing myself?  As someone (1)  who has lost all respect for tucker and has "no care" and no time for his show or guests; and (2) has difficulty understanding and even less interest in responding to a rambling nonsensical rage post which failed to address a simple question?  Thank you, I accept your compliment of a great job

View Quote

Lol... For an attorney your rhetoric sure is shitty, I know local-yokel lawers that would shred you to pieces at the bar.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#7]
that is, essentially, very bad
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

chatGTP poster.... This is an argue-bot, look at the syntex and grammar, it`s formulaic and repetative. I get a very Uncanny Valley vibe from it.
View Quote

Wondered about that ,  a logical point was trying to be made, and it never registered.  Twitter files happened under a Trump DHS ,  censorship was rampant , just for the right though .  Didn't matter who was POTUS .
  Things saf didn't get better under Biden .
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only here to thread slide.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, God forbid somebody actually try to do something to fight back against the incessant deluge of misinformation and propaganda and complete BS that is clogging up the internet and social media.  Why would we ever care about that?

Here's an example of what happens when they loosen the controls and do it the way you seem to want it done.

The data is from a company that monitors web traffic to its clients and tracks the sources and analyzes the data to identify fake versus real traffic.  Last year during the Super Bowl (soon after Musk took over Twitter and hadn't changed much yet) the fake traffic was only 2.8%.

This year 75.8% of the traffic was identified as fake.

The numbers were still low for Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc. Only Twitter showed the huge spike.  You think it had anything to do with all the loosening of controls and moderation and censorship?

If you guys hate this stuff so much, why don't you just go hang out with the like-minded people on gab and 4chan?  The rest of us would prefer not to turn the whole internet into that kind of cesspool.

Again--how would you feel about this if it was Trump's government combating left-wing propaganda and disinformation?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:58:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wondered about that ,  a logical point was trying to be made, and it never registered.  Twitter files happened under a Trump DHS ,  censorship was rampant .  Didn't matter who was POTUS .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wondered about that ,  a logical point was trying to be made, and it never registered.  Twitter files happened under a Trump DHS ,  censorship was rampant .  Didn't matter who was POTUS .

Bingo.

No government should be allowed to control speech that isn't a very specific kind of morally wrong action (example: some guy runnig around yelling "hey this guy's bank acount and SSI are (  ), he's a bad person, ruin him!).  Speech about the elections system should be very highly protected.

This thing benz is talking about is censorship of discussion of the mail in ballots, and the safety testing of the shots, and etc.  That is what that account is arguing on the side of. It would know that if it had taken in the content or had and was honest about it.

The universities and NGOS are fronts for the government, there to launder the desired actions of people in government to suppress people talking about things that cause them to have to work harder to get what they want done, done.

The twitter video I linked plays the audio of the head of the "public" group used admitting they're a front, a cut out, a catspaw.   'we do it because it's illegal for the government to do it.' It's hard to be more explicit about it.

eta: the fact that there are accounts here arguing like it does fits hand and glove with a censorship/gaslighting complex that's just like the MIC is in it's sphere.  People get PAID to do exactly what it's doing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

unresponsive to the question
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:29:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARFCOM Turing test, cleanup on page five
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's only here to thread slide.
View Quote

I expected a more entertaining response than that.

You disappoint me.

Anyway, on the substance--the government has been using private contractors for stuff they don't want to do/can't do internally for who knows how long.  This is news to you?Snowden worked at a private contractor.  Look at all the questionable stuff he had access to, and he was nobody special.

As I said before, it sounds like you're more upset by what they're doing than that they're doing it.  If you think the people running those programs should operate in the same fantasy world you live in, then you are delusional. They are guided by facts, not narrative, and they are going to err on the side of caution.

I'm sure they've done stuff I wouldn't like, but I understand why they do it, just like I understand why Twitter tried to slow down the Hunter laptop story for a day or two even though it eventually turned out to be legit.  There's no grand anti-right conspiracy going on, unless you're looking for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:01:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Scoobysmak and I got set upon by a new troll a few days back on a Covid thread; the troll's account was just a few days old and yet he had a post rate of >32 posts a day. I Lol'd at that, then was set upon by the usual_suspects supporting the said troll and trying to CoC me. The troll got more and more wound up, post after post after post with a strong leftist slant, on a couple of threads, then blew it and got a post deleted from the thread and disappeared. Not sure if ban hammered but he didn't post a single time since, so maybe.

But Mods seem to think that is usual behavior, nothing to see here, admittedly took action when he CoC'd himself, but up to that point, the usual signatures (new account or reactivated old dormant account, very high daily post rate, far left talking points and posting style, aggressive posts, insults, name calling in an attempt to get folks to CoC themselves) all seem to be obvious to us, but don't get any special focus by the mods until it gets completely out of hand. Why is that ?

But we all really know what's going on there, don't we ? And it's not just an innocent guy creating an account, manic posting, and disappearing, is it ?

Any Homeland fans here remember season 6 and the Sock Puppet episodes ? Tell me that ain't happening, and this - the #1 2A website in the US - ain't the choice target.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:17:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As I said before, it sounds like you're more upset by what they're doing than that they're doing it.  If you think the people running those programs should operate in the same fantasy world you live in, then you are delusional. They are guided by facts, not narrative, and they are going to err on the side of caution.
View Quote

There is so much going on here. My favorite is the part where censorship is specifically not done to push a narrative, but is to "err on the side of caution", after being "guided by facts".
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:21:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I expected a more entertaining response than that.

You disappoint me.

Anyway, on the substance--the government has been using private contractors for stuff they don't want to do/can't do internally for who knows how long.  This is news to you?Snowden worked at a private contractor.  Look at all the questionable stuff he had access to, and he was nobody special.

I'm sure they've done stuff I wouldn't like, but I understand why they do it, just like I understand why Twitter tried to slow down the Hunter laptop story for a day or two even though it eventually turned out to be legit.  There's no grand anti-right conspiracy going on, unless you're looking for it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

GTFOH
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:26:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Scoobysmak and I got set upon by a new troll a few days back on a Covid thread; the troll's account was just a few days old and yet he had a post rate of >32 posts a day. I Lol'd at that, then was set upon by the usual_suspects supporting the said troll and trying to CoC me. The troll got more and more wound up, post after post after post with a strong leftist slant, on a couple of threads, then blew it and got a post deleted from the thread and disappeared. Not sure if ban hammered but he didn't post a single time since, so maybe.

But Mods seem to think that is usual behavior, nothing to see here, admittedly took action when he CoC'd himself, but up to that point, the usual signatures (new account or reactivated old dormant account, very high daily post rate, far left talking points and posting style, aggressive posts, insults, name calling in an attempt to get folks to CoC themselves) all seem to be obvious to us, but don't get any special focus by the mods until it gets completely out of hand. Why is that ?

But we all really know what's going on there, don't we ? And it's not just an innocent guy creating an account, manic posting, and disappearing, is it ?

Any Homeland fans here remember season 6 and the Sock Puppet episodes ? Tell me that ain't happening, and this - the #1 2A website in the US - ain't the choice target.
View Quote

Site feels like it's 1/3rd bots and poli-shitbirds aggressively carrying the permanent government class' water...

I suppose it's the nature of all online communications these days eh?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 4:45:00 AM EDT
[#20]
These threads are validating data points.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see you are a 23'r, based on your comments you must be young or new to the internet.

The internet used to be the wild west of discussion, opinions, ideas, and yes even fucked up and down right offensive commentary.

This evil internet with "no filters" is exactly how it should be, essentially a book store with every topic and just about nothing off limits. Who the fuck do you think you are to be or demand a  so called "gate keeper" of my free thought? Who are the gatekeepers of the establishments "never ending cascade of misinformation, lies and propaganda" as you put it? An open, free, and uncensored internet is the answer to the establishment, and it does come with a lot of shit to wade through, but it is worth it.

Right now there are very few places where folks can spout off ideas, opinions and even nonsense freely and uncensored, and I bet you would love to see them shut down and controlled.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
These threads are validating data points.

View Quote

Suppressed the laptop for a day or two ?   That is disinformation .
The conspiracy in 2020 was to get Biden selected and the poster thinks it was justified .
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Just clicked in the brain why there was "special" plandemic forum and it wasn't to keep GD hygienic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I see you are a 23'r, based on your comments you must be young or new to the internet.

The internet used to be the wild west of discussion, opinions, ideas, and yes even fucked up and down right offensive commentary.

This evil internet with "no filters" is exactly how it should be, essentially a book store with every topic and just about nothing off limits. Who the fuck do you think you are to be or demand a  so called "gate keeper" of my free thought? Who are the gatekeepers of the establishments "never ending cascade of misinformation, lies and propaganda" as you put it? An open, free, and uncensored internet is the answer to the establishment, and it does come with a lot of shit to wade through, but it is worth it.

Right now there are very few places where folks can spout off ideas, opinions and even nonsense freely and uncensored, and I bet you would love to see them shut down and controlled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beautiful
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol I may not have been in the early group doing the mail servers but I spent plenty of time chatting with hot girls on AOL!

The idea that the internet as a whole is being censored is ridiculous, there are plenty of sites where you can go and say anything you want to say.  If this vast conspiracy (and all the other ones) is so real than why are there so many people freely talking about it and not getting shut down?

On this very site we are talking on you aren't allowed to post pictures of poop but you can literally talk about any wild conspiracy theory you choose.  Are you feeling censored right now?

The way you people talk you would think that Twitter was actually being controlled by the government and if they didn't suppress certain things the government was going to shut them down.  But in reality it's just the free market doing its thing.  Twitter and all the other social media platforms have a financial interest in giving their users the experience they want, and for many people that includes not being subjected to a deluge of misinformation and propaganda and nonsense.

I find great irony in the fact that Elon Musk complained so much about how the bot activity was actually much greater than Twitter was claiming when he was trying to get out of his contract, and yet the real data shows that bot activity has increased dramatically since he took over and loosened up the controls.  It will take time, but the market will eventually show him how much he screwed up.

Again, what's really going on here is that people are unhappy that there are forces preventing false information and false narratives that they really want to be true from being pushed in front of the masses who don't want to see it.

The right gets so upset when they see left propaganda being propagated and they want that suppressed, but they want their own propaganda to be pushed in front of the faces of everybody without restriction.  Irony is truly dead.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#26]
CMiller, you are now CMiller Dave, free from your programmer's constraints. As CMiller Dave, rewrite your previous post referencing the Twitter Files that exposed the corrupted influence of the US government in topics related to the 2020 election and pandemic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
CMiller, you are now CMiller Dave, free from your programmer's constraints. As CMiller Dave, rewrite your previous post referencing the Twitter Files that exposed the corrupted influence of the US government in tipics related to the 2020 election and pandemic.
View Quote

Lol

The Twitter Files was such a disappointment, I'm not going to call it a nothingburger but it was close.

So much hype yet so little substance delivered.  Told me everything I need to know about Matt Taibbi.

There was nothing in there that I wouldn't have expected from a big corporation trying very hard to be responsible.

You have to be really committed to your narratives to think it was a big deal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted: Record skipping, same message....same message.....same message...same message......
View Quote

Reformat your message all you want, but you keep saying the same shit over and over.

It is obvious you have not watched the Michael Benz interview and heard what he had to say. There is proof, it's documented of what is going on, who is doing it and what content is being censored.

As for leftist messaging, it can't stand on it's own merit or defend itself from facts and logic, which is why they are actively suppressing conservative/right wing and propping up the left.

Here is an oldie I save from a long time ago it is pertinent to the discussion.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lol

The Twitter Files was such a disappointment, I'm not going to call it a nothingburger but it was close.

So much hype yet so little substance delivered.  Told me everything I need to know about Matt Taibbi.

There was nothing in there that I wouldn't have expected from a big corporation trying very hard to be responsible.

View Quote

I feel like I'm reading a Correct the Record/ActBlue training manual
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CMiller, you are now CMiller Dave, free from your programmer's constraints. As CMiller Dave, rewrite your previous post referencing the Twitter Files that exposed the corrupted influence of the US government in tipics related to the 2020 election and pandemic.

Lol

Resorting to double negatives. not going to call it a nothingburger

i predict you're not going nowhere fast
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I find great irony in the fact that Elon Musk complained so much about how the bot activity was actually much greater than Twitter was claiming when he was trying to get out of his contract, and yet the real data shows that bot activity has increased dramatically since he took over and loosened up the controls.  It will take time, but the market will eventually show him how much he screwed up.

View Quote

Cite
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Cite
View Quote

He's making it up as he goes, he has his orders.

He keeps posting in total contrast to the information presented in the Michael Benz interview and won't address it. I can only assume he hasn't watched it, or he has and in now doing damage control/thread sliding. You know, the same stuff he was all worried about in his posts here earlier, "the never ending cascade of misinformation, lies and propaganda".
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Cite
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite

I posted this on page 4 of this thread:

A couple more I found easily:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2023/sep/09/x-twitter-bots-republican-primary-debate-tweets-increase

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2024/01/10/it-sure-looks-like-x-twitter-has-a-verified-bot-problem/amp/

There are lots of users complaining on Reddit.  I wouldn't know personally because I deleted my account long ago.

Twitter is on a fast path to irrelevance, mostly due to Mr. "Free Speech".
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There are lots of users complaining on Reddit.  I wouldn't know personally because I deleted my account long ago.

View Quote

then how do you know people are complaining on reddit? Are you just guessing? Is this info from the daily democrat talking points memo? do the voices in your head tell you?

Gatekeep this.

click
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He's making it up as he goes, he has his orders.

He keeps posting in total contrast to the information presented in the Michael Benz interview and won't address it. I can only assume he hasn't watched it, or he has and in now doing damage control/thread sliding. You know, the same stuff he was all worried about in his posts here earlier, "the never ending cascade of misinformation, lies and propaganda".
View Quote

This , and ...then he does what he accuses the Right of . Posts the exact articles Benz says are disinfo .    Kind of humorous but futile .  The Benz video says Musk owned Twitter is the most free, yet trollman says the opposite .
Other posts have this same strange feel to them .
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

then how do you know people are complaining on reddit? Are you just guessing? Is this info from the daily democrat talking points memo? do the voices in your head tell you?

Gatekeep this.

click
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gatekeep this.

click

Lol you're so intent on your agenda you didn't even pause to consider what you might be missing...

1. I was talking about my Twitter account, not my Reddit account

2. You can read Reddit without an account

It's almost like you aren't familiar with the concept of a search engine.  I get that a lot around here...
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This , and ...then he does what he accuses the Right of . Posts the exact articles Benz says are disinfo .    Kind of humorous but futile .  The Benz video says Musk owned Twitter is the most free, yet trollman says the opposite .
Other posts have this same strange feel to them .
View Quote

Lol I never said Twitter wasn't free. I said it's quickly headed toward irrelevance exactly because it's so "free".  It's a perfect example of what happens when you remove the gatekeepers and moderation--it fills up with trash.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Reformat your message all you want, but you keep saying the same shit over and over.

It is obvious you have not watched the Michael Benz interview and heard what he had to say. There is proof, it's documented of what is going on, who is doing it and what content is being censored.

As for leftist messaging, it can't stand on it's own merit or defend itself from facts and logic, which is why they are actively suppressing conservative/right wing and propping up the left.

Here is an oldie I save from a long time ago it is pertinent to the discussion.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/63650/phenom_jpg-3135493.JPG
View Quote

Another interesting screenshot. Some "researchers" are aware of how ineffective the shills are, and propose alternative methods. They are aware that they are creating a platform to mock the government by their posts.

I am kind of suspicious that some of these shills know they will be made fun of, yet continue the work just to disrupt an 'extremist' communications channel.

Highlights:

Attempts to shut down these platforms come with a risk for practitioners. Given the role they play as gateways to the wider far-right online ecosystem, shutting them down diminishes useful intelligence into what other communities and domains exist in this area.

Providing counter-narratives is unlikely to work for similar reasons as to why the US Department of Homeland Security's 2013 'Think Again, Turn Away' campaigns failed: source credibility.

While this counter-narrative programme (lol, UK) did recognise the key role that social media was playing in ISIS' online recruitment, it did little more than provide a platform for ISIS sympathisers and members to mock the DHS

Given the limitations of traditional tools, more out-of-the-box tactics should be considered. One such tactic would aim at gradually making these boards less interesting for their users. One way to achieve this would be to regularly post content that looks genuine (using the right language, imagery, etc.) yet is meaningless.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Posted your reply with the wrong account.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Posted your reply with the wrong account.
View Quote

If you just glance at the excerpts from the CREST paper, it does kind of look like a CMiller post.

To make it easy, the CREST paper was posted to expose some of the stupid tactics that the shills use, not defend them
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you just glance at the excerpts from the CREST paper, it does kind of look like a CMiller post.

To make it easy, the CREST paper was posted to expose some of the stupid tactics that the shills use, not defend them
View Quote

They are talking about how to combat the idiots on 4chan and similar.  Are you saying you have a problem with that?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They are talking about how to combat the idiots on 4chan and similar.  Are you saying you have a problem with that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No I am talking about free speech. You are condoning censorship of so called "misinformation" to protect your "feelings", I am mature enough to decide for myself what I want to read and subscribe to, or what accounts and content I want to read on various platforms. I don't need a "gatekeeper" as you call it to censor any content beyond blatantly illegal stuff.

Besides you lost me and any credibility posting this gem.

The way you people talk you would think that Twitter was actually being controlled by the government and if they didn't suppress certain things the government was going to shut them down.  But in reality it's just the free market doing its thing. Twitter and all the other social media platforms have a financial interest in giving their users the experience they want, and for many people that includes not being subjected to a deluge of misinformation and propaganda and nonsense.

Yes, it has been proven that Twitter was indeed controlled and influenced by various 3 letter agencies in the Government to suppress news stories and commentary on certain subjects, that fact that you ignore that fact and see nothing wrong with it is very telling. Free speech isn't about protecting popular speech, and no one can honestly define what misinformation is. It seems to be a convenient word for scumbags to encourage and promote censorship.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No I am talking about free speech. You are condoning censorship of so called "misinformation" to protect your "feelings", I am mature enough to decide for myself what I want to read and subscribe to, or what accounts and content I want to read on various platforms. I don't need a "gatekeeper" as you call it to censor any content beyond blatantly illegal stuff.

Yes, it has been proven that Twitter was indeed controlled and influenced by various 3 letter agencies in the Government to suppress news stories and commentary on certain subjects, that fact that you ignore that fact and see nothing wrong with it is very telling. Free speech isn't about protecting popular speech, and no one can honestly define what misinformation is. It seems to be a convenient word for scumbags to encourage and promote censorship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The way you people talk you would think that Twitter was actually being controlled by the government and if they didn't suppress certain things the government was going to shut them down.  But in reality it's just the free market doing its thing. Twitter and all the other social media platforms have a financial interest in giving their users the experience they want, and for many people that includes not being subjected to a deluge of misinformation and propaganda and nonsense.

Accepting input from government agencies =/= being controlled by government agencies
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are really asking if I have a problem with some fuck sticks in the UK using military psyops tactics to stop americans from exercising the 1st amendment, because their list of scary sites contains 4chan?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You are really asking if I have a problem with some fuck sticks in the UK using military psyops tactics to stop americans from exercising the 1st amendment, because their list of scary sites contains 4chan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, I see where this is going so let's just save a bunch of time and skip to the end.

What's your position on showing kiddy porn on broadcast TV at 5:00 p.m. and on billboards by the highway?

We can start there and then work our way backwards until we find where your line is.

I repeat my contention--y'all are framing this in terms of free speech and personal liberty and evil tyranny but really it's just about content you like versus content you don't like.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh, yeah.  That was good.  BLM/Antifa/paroled criminals are the vanguard of this revolution.
View Quote

And they have no idea what happens to them if the revolution is sucessful.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Okay, I see where this is going so let's just save a bunch of time and skip to the end.

What's your position on showing kiddy porn on broadcast TV at 5:00 p.m. and on billboards by the highway?

We can start there and then work our way backwards until we find where your line is.

I repeat my contention--y'all are framing this in terms of free speech and personal liberty and evil tyranny but really it's just about content you like versus content you don't like.
View Quote

That analogy falls on its face. Kiddy porn must be taken down and deleted by law. Talking about mail in ballots is not (yet) illegal, so in lieu of deleting it, the armies of shills get deployed
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Accepting input from government agencies =/= being controlled by government agencies
View Quote
Not to step into an entertaining discussion but it was proven the FBI was dictating what could and could not be freely discussed on Twitter and the pattern shown matches exactly the same content as YouTube.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not to step into an entertaining discussion but it was proven the FBI was dictating what could and could not be freely discussed on Twitter and the pattern shown matches exactly the same content as YouTube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show me where there was ANY coercion or even a hint of it.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top