Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the price for sending someone to hell..?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. Sometimes the only way to stay in business is to fire a customer(s.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only a fucking total idiot relys on a zit faced fast food employee to prepare something that is so sacred and important to their religion.  Serious it is fast food.  

If I was LC i would jist say sorry for trying to accommodate your lame religion and no long provide it at all.  Make you own stuff at home if its that important.
So what you are saying is that you don't want to stay in business. Makes sense. Anyone who actually wants to stay in business really should "accoummodate" their customers.

Feel free to fire all the Muslim customers in Dearborn. Feel free to fire all the customers who will be getting food with Muslims in Dearborn. Sounds like a sound business model.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Secretly recording the conversation is illegal in MI.
View Quote
I thought that as long as one party agreed to the recording it was legal. If you are recording a conversation you are part of I never knew you had to let the other party know.  

I know someone can't secretly record other people without either of them knowing.  

If it's true, it's a point to reinforce knowing your local laws.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Say wallah bro.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
HAPPY RAMADAN!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any judge who doesn't throw this out of court should be disbarred.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What the fuck difference does it make? What are his damages? His feel feelz were hurt because his chosen spaghetti monster doesn't want hin to eat pork?
View Quote
When a company sells a product that is allegedly prepared in a special way or has special ingredients, the item provided should match the description. Whether that is Kosher, Halal, freaking Vegan, Gluten-free or no peanuts.
That's the principle in play. (Ie: "the fuck difference.") If I killed your kid with a sneaky peanut, you'd be displeased. Now, of course nobody died from pepperoni here.

What are his damages for sneaky pork? Nothing if he knew all along, and nothing plus one if he accidentally sinned. And the wife who was RAISED on pork? Uh.. no.

Little Caesars should either not offer special menus, or they should do it right. Personally, I wouldn't do it at all, but I also wouldn't open a business in Dearborn.
Lawsuit? Not in my universe.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's Dearborn, Michigan, bud.  The largest mosque in all of North America is in Dearborn, MI and 40,000 Arab Americans call it home, so having restaurants catering to the Muslim faith, isn't that much of a stretch, right?

Plus the article mentions having 'halal' stickers to put on the box, but I can't say if that's fact, or fiction?

Chris
View Quote
If you're going to be in that biz you better go all in.  Fooling with two versions of similar products is a recipe for a shit sandwich.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What taxpayers?  If not for Mike Illitch Detroit would be deader than it already is, and that's saying something.
View Quote
You obviously haven't been paying attention.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Dear litigious muslims.  Our pork products contain pork.  Thanks- mgmt"
View Quote
Um... the claim is that the pizza was advertised otherwise.

Not speaking to the merit of the claim.   Just pointing out a pertinent detail.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess little seizures shouldn't have catered to a death cult.

Guess that guy should cook his own food if he has insane restrictions on his food.

When Assholes collide.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You obviously didn't read the story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, my reply is based on the thread title and I stand by it. Any judge who would let this stand is a moron. Pizzas are made by kids and kids by nature fuck up all the time. To expect them to assemble a pizza properly is even asking too much.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Feel free to fire all the Muslim customers in Dearborn. Feel free to fire all the customers who will be getting food with Muslims in Dearborn. Sounds like a sound business model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only a fucking total idiot relys on a zit faced fast food employee to prepare something that is so sacred and important to their religion.  Serious it is fast food.  

If I was LC i would jist say sorry for trying to accommodate your lame religion and no long provide it at all.  Make you own stuff at home if its that important.
So what you are saying is that you don't want to stay in business. Makes sense. Anyone who actually wants to stay in business really should "accoummodate" their customers.

Sounds like accommodation has caught this guy a 100 million dollar lawsuit.

Maybe the answer is fuck Dearborne witha rusty fork, pack up and sell pizzas somewhere where people can actually eat them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's Dearborn, Michigan, bud.  The largest mosque in all of North America is in Dearborn, MI and 40,000 Arab Americans call it home, so having restaurants catering to the Muslim faith, isn't that much of a stretch, right?

Plus the article mentions having 'halal' stickers to put on the box, but I can't say if that's fact, or fiction?

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Chris
Halal stickers does not necessarily equate to Halal Pepperoni.

Quoted:
When a company sells a product that is allegedly prepared in a special way or has special ingredients, the item provided should match the description. Whether that is Kosher, Halal, freaking Vegan, Gluten-free or no peanuts.
That's the principle in play. (Ie: "the fuck difference.") If I killed your kid with a sneaky peanut, you'd be displeased. Now, of course nobody died from pepperoni here.

What are his damages for sneaky pork? Nothing if he knew all along, and nothing plus one if he accidentally sinned. And the wife who was RAISED on pork? Uh.. no.

Little Caesars should either not offer special menus, or they should do it right. Personally, I wouldn't do it at all, but I also wouldn't open a business in Dearborn.
He obviously "knew all along" because this was the second incident in a month, and he had a class action lawsuit filled the very next day.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The fuck was he expecting?
View Quote
He was expecting a Halal pizza as advertised. He bought the pizza from a Lil Caesars that advertises the availability of food suited to his religion. Would you feel more outraged if he was Jewish and asked for a Kosher pizza and didn't get that?

Whether I agree with Islam (or Judaism for that matter) or not is irrelevant. He was promised a certain product and didn't get it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No, my reply is based on the thread title and I stand by it. Any judge who would let this stand is a moron. Pizzas are made by kids and kids by nature fuck up all the time. To expect them to assemble a pizza properly is even asking too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You sound like a beta and not a very smart one.

Why shouldn't the judge let the action stand?  Given the claim and accepting that it's correct, the only issue to decide is what are the damages?  The pizza price will be refunded, so that's one, then there's punitive if it can be shown that they did it on purpose, or were just grossly careless--no training in different 'pepperoni' type meats, etc..

It's something you might learn in your first year of contracts.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He was expecting a Halal pizza as advertised. He bought the pizza from a Lil Caesars that advertises the availability of food suited to his religion. Would you feel more outraged if he was Jewish and asked for a Kosher pizza and didn't get that?

Whether I agree with Islam (or Judaism for that matter) or not is irrelevant. He was promised a certain product and didn't get it.
View Quote
Allegedly.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#19]
If I was a bazillionaire, I'd buy a building in Dearborn, turn it into a fast-food franchise (McDearborn's?), promise that all my shit was halal, and secretly feed them real bacon, real sausage, eggs cooked in bacon grease, all on buns and biscuits made with real lard...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Right. If a company is going to market something as being prepared a certain way, then they should honor that. If they neglect to, they certain owe the person a refund, not $100M.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If I was a bazillionaire, I'd buy a building in Dearborn, turn it into a fast-food franchise (McDearborn's?), promise that all my shit was halal, and secretly feed them real bacon, real sausage, eggs cooked in bacon grease, all on buns and biscuits made with real lard...
View Quote
No you wouldn't.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How the fuck is a pepperoni pizza halal.....
View Quote
How about "turkey peperoni" or beef?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He obviously "knew all along" because this was the second incident in a month, and he had a class action lawsuit filled the very next day.
View Quote
Well then...  he should mooshpepper his halal angus. F him.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OK, let's give him the benefit of the doubt...he ordered a Halal pizza and got a non-Halal pizza.

There are no damages.  It's not like he has any provable injury.

And the big thing here is, if you religion is so strict you can burn in hell for accidentally eating pepperoni, don't buy food from Little Caesars.  Or any other fast food joint.  Fast food joints fuck up my order at least 25% of the time, I would not trust them with my eternal soul.  Little Caesars is a pizza mill, they will make mistakes like this.  It is going to happen.  Maybe don't shop there if there is a decent chance you will go to hell because some high school kid stuck his mitts in the wrong topping container.
View Quote
How much do you wanna bet next he will secretly buy the halal pizza with extra pepporoni.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which is a disputed claim.

I would feel it was equally retarded whether it was Kosher, Vegetarian, or any other combination of special qualifications of food. It's a Little Caesars; if you are super picky(whether or not it's for religious purposes or not), a $5 Hot and Fresh probably isn't for you.

Let's change the circumstances; If somebody was on a Keto diet, and someone accidentally served them something with carbs that was advertised as 0-carb, would a $100 Million Dollar lawsuit be suitable?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Best goddamn Big Micks in the country.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe the answer is fuck Dearborne witha rusty fork, pack up and sell pizzas somewhere where people can actually eat them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, they probably learned their lesson about fucking up people's orders.

Not sure moving out of Dearborn would help. If you can't give your customers what they order, you really should find a different source of income.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#29]
"And the big thing here is, if you religion is so strict you can burn in hell for accidentally eating pepperoni, don't buy food from Little Caesars. Or any other fast food joint. Fast food joints fuck up my order at least 25% of the time, I would not trust them with my eternal soul. Little Caesars is a pizza mill, they will make mistakes like this. It is going to happen. Maybe don't shop there if there is a decent chance you will go to hell because some high school kid stuck his mitts in the wrong topping container."

Funny shit! I ALWAY'S trust the morons @ fast food places with my eternal soul.... (It keeps me on the edge!)
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Call me crazy, but I think the damages for incorrect fast food should be limited to the price of the fast food.

If you belong to a religion that has no mechanism whatsoever for reconciliation after mistakes, you picked the wrong religion.

Now... if they POOP on your pizza... I'm starting to think about bigger awards. Tainted food and incorrect food would be different classes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I only go to Little Ceasars because the tiny little pizzas at church are really plain and small.
You have to eat like 100 of them. And the wine is lousy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Come on bud, this isn't that hard a concept to grasp.

Sometimes people screw up and they have to pay up for those mistakes.

We're reading an article from some questionable reporter, so the elements of the story aren't considered evidence in a court proceeding.  We're just guessing, but there are hypotheticals to consider, which is how 'law' gets taught.

There's well established case law on this matter.

Advertise something, provide something, provide the wrong thing and expect to be held liable.  Throw in a religious component--one as bad as pork in a Muslim's diet and there's going to be all sorts of derp comin' down the pike.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We're reading an article from some questionable reporter, so the elements of the story aren't considered evidence in a court proceeding.  We're just guessing, but there are hypotheticals to consider, which is how 'law' gets taught.

Advertise something, provide something, provide the wrong thing and expect to be held liable.  Throw in a religious component--one as bad as pork in a Muslim's diet and there's going to be all sorts of derp comin' down the pike.

Chris
View Quote
Fuck, you're right. They should just go ahead and cut a check for $100 Million right now. I mean, no one would ever try and politicize a situation for personal gain.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I thought that as long as one party agreed to the recording it was legal. If you are recording a conversation you are part of I never knew you had to let the other party know.  

I know someone can't secretly record other people without either of them knowing.  

If it's true, it's a point to reinforce knowing your local laws.
View Quote
Varies by state.  Know your state laws before recording.

The MI law was overturned but is on it's way to the MI-SC.  MI is an "all parties" state going by the law.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
<snip>If somebody was on a Keto diet, and someone accidentally served them something with carbs that was advertised as 0-carb, would a $100 Million Dollar lawsuit be suitable?
View Quote
didn't someone just get sued for this? some big burrito chain had huge ass burritos that claimed they had like 300 calories when in fact it was way more (this has been in the past year).

didn't subway get sued over their "foot longs" being 10"?

false advertisement and fraud are both things that people are sued for pretty regular, in fact one of them gains you 3x damages if proven.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fuck, you're right. They should just go ahead and cut a check for $100 Million right now. I mean, no one would ever try and politicize a situation for personal gain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris
so you really think anyone in this case is expecting to get 100 million? holy shit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are you saying the only customers at this pizza place are muslim?   Im not required to make halil food avalible in my place of business if i don't wamt to.  Plenty of other people like cheap pizza.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
"And the big thing here is, if you religion is so strict you can burn in hell for accidentally eating pepperoni, don't buy food from Little Caesars. Or any other fast food joint. Fast food joints fuck up my order at least 25% of the time, I would not trust them with my eternal soul. Little Caesars is a pizza mill, they will make mistakes like this. It is going to happen. Maybe don't shop there if there is a decent chance you will go to hell because some high school kid stuck his mitts in the wrong topping container."

Funny shit! I ALWAY'S trust the morons @ fast food places with my eternal soul.... (It keeps me on the edge!)
View Quote
Exactly only a compleat fucking idiot would. Or someone trying to get a payout.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

this
View Quote
Bazzi knew it was pork because he used to work in a pizza place and knows the different types of pepperoni, Moughni said. He also said Bazzi's wife could tell because she is a Catholic convert to Islam who grew up eating pork.

That
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He ate a pizza that was sold and labelled as halal.  It wasn't.  Who needs to read stories anyway? 
View Quote
If he wants to be sure everything he eats is halal then he can Fucking move to a halal country
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So are you saying the only customers at this pizza place are muslim?   Im not required to make halil food avalible in my place of business if i sont wamt to.  Plenty of other peole like cheap pizza.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are you saying the only customers at this pizza place are muslim?   Im not required to make halil food avalible in my place of business if i sont wamt to.  Plenty of other peole like cheap pizza.
The only thing forcing you to make halal food available is the market forces. In an area with that many muims, it would be business suicide to not offer them an option.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's no proof of what he received or that he consumed it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

didn't someone just get sued for this? some big burrito chain had huge ass burritos that claimed they had like 300 calories when in fact it was way more (this has been in the past year).

didn't subway get sued over their "foot longs" being 10"?

false advertisement and fraud are both things that people are sued for pretty regular, in fact one of them gains you 3x damages if proven.
View Quote
Hell, Leupold got sued ~20 years back for advertising their scopes at X, Y or Z magnification and they were off by fractions.

3.5-10x40 was really 3.6-9.8x40.  Look it up.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed. It's his responsibility to ask what's in it. This is on him.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Awesome.

If his damages are for violation of faith, maybe the Cake store owners can sue those gay dudes for trying to make them go to hell or whatever.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Sign's not lit.  

No light = haramaroni.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Can her prove he ate it? Or do we just take his word for it?
View Quote
They could always test the shit-handprints on the inside of the nearest footprint covered portajohn.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top