Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I ain’t givin away any of my secrets.
View Quote

C'mon....you can help Johnny.  Not like he can shoot for shit anyway.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It sucks to hear. Love Finn, and it’s frustrating to see him constantly grenade stuff from what should be noob mistakes.  Really needs to slow down and work through it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Finnegan is hard on stuff and a lot of sloppy stuff gets done to that car, I think due to the number of hands working on it.  That said, have you seen what Tom Bailey has been going through with his car since it caught on fire?  It's not just Finnegan and Bailey has a serious race shop.
View Quote

Even the Steve Morris has a video series on scattering motors. Stuff pushing 4 digit power isn't living a gentle life and any little mistake has a good chance of being carnage.

Leroy broke 8 rods on a very built motor from a boost error.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Mike will never learn because his brand is breaking shit that wouldn't have broken with proper attention.  That's it.  He makes money doing dumb shit for entertainment value.  I don't care for his show but I've been a Roadkill fan since the beginning.  Mike can't keep a motor together because of Mike.  Not because racecar.  Not because Roadkill.  The guy just doesn't have any level of attention to detail.  He wouldn't make it five minutes in my shop without getting fired.  Seems like a great guy.  Can't build shit to save his life.  Would not survive bartering services to a post apocalyptic warlord.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Even the Steve Morris has a video series on scattering motors. Stuff pushing 4 digit power isn't living a gentle life and any little mistake has a good chance of being carnage.

Leroy broke 8 rods on a very built motor from a boost error.
View Quote

Listen, I love the guy......but to be fair.....this kinda damage from running out of fuel just shouldn't happen.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mike will never learn because his brand is breaking shit that wouldn't have broken with proper attention.  That's it.  He makes money doing dumb shit for entertainment value.  I don't care for his show but I've been a Roadkill fan since the beginning.  Mike can't keep a motor together because of Mike.  Not because racecar.  Not because Roadkill.  The guy just doesn't have any level of attention to detail.  He wouldn't make it five minutes in my shop without getting fired.  Seems like a great guy.  Can't build shit to save his life.  Would not survive bartering services to a post apocalyptic warlord.
View Quote

Didn't your momma tell you not to believe everything you see on TV?  Have you seen his boats?  If he didn't have attention to detail, he'd be dead.  Some details just get more attention than others.  Lol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heh...Wait until you find out what engine he put into a Charger.  

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif

a filthy fuckin lexas motor. he's probably a democrat. I ever encounter him, he's getting a throat punch then curb stomped.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea thats kinda his appeal it is a lot of just average car guy working on stuff and learning along the way. Life or death in a race shop yea I could see him having issues. He is less parts engineer and more parts enthusiast.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ain’t givin away any of my secrets.

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

a filthy fuckin lexas motor. he's probably a democrat. I ever encounter him, he's getting a throat punch then curb stomped.
View Quote

Ok internet tough guy.  That won't end well for you... I promise.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, definitely NOT a "show" stunt dude.
View Quote
You must believe everything you see on social media/television huh, DUUUUDE..

Lol.
Some peoples kids..
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Finnegan’s charger motor is Goodn approved.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You mean the one that he owed from a previous borrowing?
View Quote
Of course!
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol.
Some peoples kids..
View Quote

No, I just happen to know for a fact you have no idea WTF you're talking about.  He didn't grenade a $40k motor for kicks (or clicks).
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Does anyone here actually give a shit?
View Quote

Edited, after reading entire thread you seem cool
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heh...Wait until you find out what engine he put into a Charger.  

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif

And that's what makes it awesome right there
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Is this the moment it locks up?  At 8:10+

Vid posted today

THROTTLE STUCK WIDE OPEN ON BLASPHEMI: DRAG WEEK 2022 TEST N TUNE!
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Regardless of fault, I hate to see that happen to him or any racer.  Ok, well not any racer, there's a few who I'd not laugh at but secretly think they earned it.  Finnegan seems like good people, his place isn't too far away from me so gotta route for him a little.  Hope he gets everything fixed in time!
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is this the moment it locks up?  At 8:10+

Vid posted today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZdxlotxrAQ
View Quote
That was from yesterday.

ETA, but maybe it was...  
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I really tried to like those guys and watch their vids but I just can't.  Don't know why.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#21]
At this point I think the car and fate is telling Finn to stop putting more and more Hemis in it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Finnegan is hard on stuff and a lot of sloppy stuff gets done to that car, I think due to the number of hands working on it.  That said, have you seen what Tom Bailey has been going through with his car since it caught on fire?  It's not just Finnegan and Bailey has a serious race shop.
View Quote

Tom does the same shit.  He has a video of him working on his converter from about 6 months ago.  Car hasn't made many passes since then and the tranny grenades?  Lots of people in the comments of the converter vid were telling him he was screwing stuff up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I like that ‘55, when I was a kid in the 80’s we made a few road trips that required a lot of cobbling to get home though we never lost a motor.
View Quote

My dad told me a story where he and his buddies had an old car with bad motor mounts. Well they drove off-road for a bit and the motor smacked the fire wall and broke the distributor cap. Instead of going somewhere and buying another they collected all the parts and glued it together.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No, I just happen to know for a fact you have no idea WTF you're talking about.  He didn't grenade a $40k motor for kicks (or clicks).
View Quote
I have no idea? Ha! You have no idea how any of this works do you?

How much money do you think he has? You think he spent his last 40k to build that motor? Nope! He could build ten of them. He built two in a month for Christ sake!
One for the gremmie and one for blasphemi.

Hell, he blasted on social media that he was prepared to buy a long block from anyone who would sell him one. He ain't broke friendo..

He may not have done it on purpose, but it didn't hurt him one bit to do blow it up too. The fact that the gremlin was local to him to is just too convenient, don't cha think?

I'll even wager he goes 8's with that gremlin engine.

Either way, he got kicks and clicks out it.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#25]
How does running it out of fuel grenade the engine?

An engine that runs out of fuel should simply quit running, not quit living.

At MOST, it may kill a fuel/lift/injection pump, but not grenade the motor itself.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That is kind of the point of the show, no?
I’d drink beer with those two. Even that steve guy I can’t remember his name now. (Dolsitch?)
View Quote

Steve Dulcich.
I like Roadkill Garage.
The whole vibe of the Dulcich garage is awesome.
Too bad his old man was murdered back on 2019.

One of his relatives used to work for the CDF back in 80's.
I happened to work with him for a couple of months at the CCC's.
Never knew they were related until last year.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:52:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Have you seen Hot Rod Garage's new host?

Lucky Costa indeed!
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I will build a car at some point in the next few years for drag and drives. Just bought a beater boat to screw around with that should take most of my time and energy for a bit . Kinda want to do a swapped older 2wd tacoma.
View Quote

How about a swapped 94 pickup?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:47:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lol.
Some peoples kids..
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

At MOST, it may kill a fuel/lift/injection pump, but not grenade the motor itself.
View Quote

nitrous  motors do not like it when fuel goes away.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:13:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

On a normal vehicle yes, on a car making 1000hp is a bigger deal. It can cause a lean condition and detonation. Things break or get Melty fast. Lean mixes run hot and torch stuff.

The annoying pinging you hear putting cheap gas in something built for premium is the same condition.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#32]
The engine builder even said during the build he likes to keep the fuel/air as fat as possible.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Does anyone here actually give a shit?
View Quote

Yes, because hemi’s are cool.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kinda funny when people dig a hole they have no idea they're in... ??
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Mike is out.

I think his problem (as well as Tom B.) is they have too much stuff going on. They need down time prior to properly prepare for this.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I now have an urge to watch Two Lane Blacktop.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Good lord, he grenaded another one. Hell the last race week he ran 2 years ago, he fucked up the motor. That's the first engine he's had in it since then.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Have you seen Hot Rod Garage's new host?
https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/2022/08/100-who-is-alex-taylor-hot-rod-garage-lucky-costa.jpg
Lucky Costa indeed!
View Quote

For just a second I thought that was Glenn Beck.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Mike is out.

I think his problem (as well as Tom B.) is they have too much stuff going on. They need down time prior to properly prepare for this.
View Quote

That's my take on it as well. Mike has Road Kill, Faster with Finnegan, Finnegan's Garage, drag boats, and a family. So when they try to go race Blasphemy, it's usually a last minute thrash.  Granted, the failures make it interesting, Road Kill style.  How entertaining would the videos be if he fabricated a perfect car, dropped in a dead reliable engine, and then proceeded to click off one monotonous perfect pass after another?

Also, even the best laid plans can go sideways.  I have a '68 Mustang restomod, and I was just dealing with a valve that the tip must have skipped over the heat treat.  It wore .081" down in 5k miles. Nothing else was the matter, just a manufacturer quality control issue.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Didn't your momma tell you not to believe everything you see on TV?  Have you seen his boats?  If he didn't have attention to detail, he'd be dead.  Some details just get more attention than others.  Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah and an old buddy of mine named Kevin tunes those boats for him and his twin turbo engine was built for him; he only did the hot side and cold side fabrication work.  I didn't keep up to see if he built the bullet in his "wife's" boat.  I've only met Mike once, and he was a super nice guy (this was on his first Drag Week with Blasphemi the day after he dropped out after grenading an engine and he was still in high spirits and very friendly).  But the guy should not be building his own engines at that power level.  He buys good hard parts, and they would not be failing if he knew what he was doing during assembly.

It is what it is, and the guy makes a comfortable living screwing things up for entertainment for millions of people.  I hope he is successful at it for a very long time.

Also, no homo but Tony Angelo is a fucking STUD.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Guess I should see if Mike will just let me bring Blasphemi to my shop to go through.  Could make for good content.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#42]
The track breaks things. I've broken down just getting to the track, broken a week before an out of state event and have to order backordered parts on a rareish car, heck I broken down getting off the exit heading to the track. I would make fun of trailered cars and say trailers are for boats, but my buddy had the parts to fix my car in his trailer at the track so I could make a couple hits then drive it home.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I now have an urge to watch Two Lane Blacktop.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#44]
So thread sliding a bit...

I haven't been able to watch the live stream much. I haven't seen Doc Martin (red Gen1 Camaro N/A). Did he not come this year?

Also, where's 1320video? I haven't seen a daily wrapup video from them yet. Did they beg out?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Mike seems like a cool dude but I liked the early roadkill better. I also like Derek with vgg but I am worried that he also is starting to get less entertaining the bigger his channel gets. Don't get me wrong he also seems like a good dude but the shows lately arent as interesting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
At this point I think the car and fate is telling Finn to stop putting more and more Hemis in it.
View Quote

Yeah no kidding. How many blocks have been in that car to this point?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Kinda funny when people dig a hole they have no idea they're in...  
View Quote

He's laughing at you..
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It got hot/lean and fucked up the rings. They are throwing some new ones in and getting back on the road.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Mike seems like a cool dude but I liked the early roadkill better. I also like Derek with vgg but I am worried that he also is starting to get less entertaining the bigger his channel gets. Don't get me wrong he also seems like a good dude but the shows lately arent as interesting.
View Quote

Yep.

As soon as Roadkill got Dodge sponsorship, it sorta lost its way.  The early stuff was great, and I watched all of them at least once...but once everything was Dodge this and Dodge that, I was out (and I certainly wasn't going to pay for it).

I was late coming to VGG, but I loved his early stuff as well.  Now, however, it seems like he is purposefully making his videos longer, and some of his schtick is wearing thin on me...but I'm guessing I'm not the target audience.

It gets old, sometimes...as a car guy (albeit a poor one), it sometimes grinds my goat a little when one show is installing the fourth lift in his new shop, and the next he's refusing to change spark plug wires because they cost money.

Rich guys acting like they're poor is not as entertaining as you'd think (to me, anyway).
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It got hot/lean and fucked up the rings. They are throwing some new ones in and getting back on the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Running lean--especially at those power levels and RPMs--can do a lot of damage quickly.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top