Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who is forster46 and why are they such an asshole?
View Quote
Lol I think he is an arfcommer, he is a younger guy an EMT in real life. He in generally pretty funny on the team speak you must have caught him on a bad day.

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
^ yup, Forster is a great guy.. give 'em a second chance.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
He has an ego problem....

I'll let it slide and get back to playing the damn game.

I really need to get TeamSpeak installed. Need a headset first.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
ATTENTION: The server has been upgraded to 1.8.3, set your clients to run in 1.8.3 !!!!

IMPORTANT:

EVERYONE WRITE DOWN THE COORDINATES OF YOUR HOUSE WE WILL BE DOING A PURGE OF OUR USER DATA BASE SOON THIS MEANS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SETHOMES, WRITE DOWN THE COORDINATES BEFORE THE PURGE!

ALSO THERE WAS A PROBLEM CONVERTING OUR LOCK PROGRAM OVER TO THE NEW VERSION OF MINECRAFT YOUR OLD LOCKS ARE BROKEN COME ONLINE AND RELOCK YOUR CHESTS.

Besides that everything is going great, any questions? Please ask.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
seems like this might be fun, so tag.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:53:35 AM EDT
[#6]
1.8 running mighty nice...
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:13:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Finally got back around to this. The last damn month has been busy and stressful as hell.
Ended Feb by having to go to Ohio for a funeral, ended this month by going in the hospital.
I promise I haven't forgotten about y'all.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Finally got back around to this. The last damn month has been busy and stressful as hell.
Ended Feb by having to go to Ohio for a funeral, ended this month by going in the hospital.
View Quote

Just make sure you get on before midnight on the 30th to write down the coordinates of your home before the purge
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just make sure you get on before midnight on the 30th to write down the coordinates of your home before the purge
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:48:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Everything is running smooth and the server is popular then ever. Donators please make sure you lock your chests that may have become unlocked when we upgraded the server. I've instructed the mods to break unlocked donator chests.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Just as an FYI I'm going to be improving our PVP server Snakecraft.us sometime this month. I'm looking for a fresh map, better performance, and a cleaner configuration.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just as an FYI I'm going to be improving our PVP server Snakecraft.us sometime this month. I'm looking for a fresh map, better performance, and a cleaner configuration.
View Quote

So a total reset?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So a total reset?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a total reset?

pretty much
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#15]
A couple arfcommers have been douched lately, as an FYI to you guys if you come in the server and start breaking blocks that arent yours you will be punished.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm back from vacation and I heard crazy shit went down when I was gone with that taly guy, anyone got the whole story?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm back from vacation and I heard crazy shit went down when I was gone with that taly guy, anyone got the whole story?
View Quote

Snake, see my post in the other MC thread.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Endgamer is going to pay for us to have one of the big advetisements at topg in about 5 days so get ready for the prisoner influx
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:02:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Endgamer is going to pay for us to have one of the big advetisements at topg in about 5 days so get ready for the prisoner influx
View Quote

Sweet baby jeebus.... Glad we have good guys on the force.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Let us know when it happens.  I will try to put in some overtime online.

AR15GLOCK21
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Need to have an investigation done on my compound. I'm missing a bunch of stuff and there is a door missing on my house. Someone got into my chests. Diamond blocks, gold, red stone, coal all gone.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Need to have an investigation done on my compound. I'm missing a bunch of stuff and there is a door missing on my house. Someone got into my chests. Diamond blocks, gold, red stone, coal all gone.
View Quote

locked or unlocked?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

locked or unlocked?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

locked or unlocked?

Chest were locked with signs. The door was not locked.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#24]
In.

MINER755
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#25]
they may have just looked locked and not been actually locked if you haven't relocked them after April 1st. Make sure the word private has brackets around it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Give me the coordinates to your base. I'm back online in a couple of hours and can check it out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Hope the block log works out.  I had a couple missing armor stands with armor go poof, but maybe it was a glitch.  All of my other local entities (paintings, animals) are still there though.  I had re-locked all my chests after the announcement so not sure if I had a tourist or not.

Saw an exploit on Youtube where they were getting in to chests with a trick...if they did that, the blocks under the chests would show that they were replaced by the thief.  Hopefully the exploit is old and Lockette is no longer vulnerable to it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hope the block log works out.  I had a couple missing armor stands with armor go poof, but maybe it was a glitch.  All of my other local entities (paintings, animals) are still there though.  I had re-locked all my chests after the announcement so not sure if I had a tourist or not.

Saw an exploit on Youtube where they were getting in to chests with a trick...if they did that, the blocks under the chests would show that they were replaced by the thief.  Hopefully the exploit is old and Lockette is no longer vulnerable to it.
View Quote

Armor stands are buggy and they disappear from time to time because they share the same code as hostile mobs.

And the trick you are talking about was patched, chests will only empty into hoppers if the hoppers are owned by the same person the chest is owned by.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice, thanks for the info.  Glad they fixed the chest draining exploit- if it was public awhile ago, I'd guess they'd catch up pretty quickly.  

I didn't like the armor stands anyway.  I kept thinking another player was in the room every time I turned around!

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]
After six or so armor stands with my collection of enchanted diamond armor magically disappeared I quit putting them up. Used core protect but couldn't find a trace of an intruder.... Oh well. Being a donator sure has it's moments.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#31]
mike if you herp don't derp man.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Gotcha
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I'm addicted to something else now. Bought the game 3 days ago and been playing a lot. The server is pretty awesome,I went thru prison just for the hell of it, and try to familiarize myself with the game.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well I'm addicted to something else now. Bought the game 3 days ago and been playing a lot. The server is pretty awesome,I went thru prison just for the hell of it, and try to familiarize myself with the game.
View Quote

Whats your in game name?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#35]
My daughter's nickname, stinkpot lol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
You don't talk much.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You don't talk much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't talk much.

Yeah still trying to get the hang of everything on there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#38]
FLoB-a-thon is on going here for those interested.  Less than 1.5 hours till F3.

ETA: 2,266,779
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Logged in for the first time in a few months today. I was still down in a mine where I left off, but when I hit /home it sent me back to the arfcom palace thing, not to my actual house where I have all of my shit. Anyone know how to get back to a place that probably doesn't exist anymore short of running around looking for it?

ETA: Just saw this...

Quoted:
ATTENTION: The server has been upgraded to 1.8.3, set your clients to run in 1.8.3 !!!!

IMPORTANT:

EVERYONE WRITE DOWN THE COORDINATES OF YOUR HOUSE WE WILL BE DOING A PURGE OF OUR USER DATA BASE SOON THIS MEANS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SETHOMES, WRITE DOWN THE COORDINATES BEFORE THE PURGE!

ALSO THERE WAS A PROBLEM CONVERTING OUR LOCK PROGRAM OVER TO THE NEW VERSION OF MINECRAFT YOUR OLD LOCKS ARE BROKEN COME ONLINE AND RELOCK YOUR CHESTS.

Besides that everything is going great, any questions? Please ask.
View Quote

Ok then. Guess I'll build a new one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Yall can help me with this - my oldest son loves MC.  He asked me to play but it is so boring it's painful - I don't get it.  We have house projects and he could have helped me lay REAL cinderblock and make a REAL wall and he didn't get excited about that.  Blew my mind.  

I need some kind of therapy to sit through 5 minutes of this.  I am a very active outdoorsy person , and my son may eventually be like that but right now he enjoys the digital game more.

I like the texture packs and I may actually enjoy it with those, so that's got my interest up - anything else?   What "point" am I missing?

Any help appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yall can help me with this - my oldest son loves MC.  He asked me to play but it is so boring it's painful - I don't get it.  We have house projects and he could have helped me lay REAL cinderblock and make a REAL wall and he didn't get excited about that.  Blew my mind.  

I need some kind of therapy to sit through 5 minutes of this.  I am a very active outdoorsy person , and my son may eventually be like that but right now he enjoys the digital game more.

I like the texture packs and I may actually enjoy it with those, so that's got my interest up - anything else?   What "point" am I missing?

Any help appreciated!
View Quote

Don't really know what to tell you since you have already convinced yourself to hate it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Any help appreciated!
View Quote

It's basically digital legos with some extra added in.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
they may have just looked locked and not been actually locked if you haven't relocked them after April 1st. Make sure the word private has brackets around it.
View Quote

This may have been the case. I've been away for a long time now. I will try and hop on and check. I will re lock them. I guess I will just go Donator status again  and rebuild / restock if it comes down to it. Plus I feel better contributing to the server.

Many thanks to Shocky for helping me properly lock my compound. All secure and the process of rebuilding under way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Starting from scratch is half the fun
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Joined up last night.  Lefty223.   Never played this before, but looks cool.  And yeah, showed my 5 yr old and it was like kiddie crack.  "Let's go dig a tunnel!"

No idea what I'm doing but time for some reading up on how you make things.  

How does one fly around the terrain?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Joined up last night.  Lefty223.   Never played this before, but looks cool.  And yeah, showed my 5 yr old and it was like kiddie crack.  "Let's go dig a tunnel!"

No idea what I'm doing but time for some reading up on how you make things.  

How does one fly around the terrain?
View Quote

As a builder you need redstone, then just type /fly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#47]
So my 10 year old loves this game and talks about doing mods. Looking online I have to download some stuff. Can anyone explain how I can get mods for him in layman terms?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So my 10 year old loves this game and talks about doing mods. Looking online I have to download some stuff. Can anyone explain how I can get mods for him in layman terms?
View Quote

Generally mods are not an easy thing to install. I just stay away from them completely for single player. Every time minecraft updates all the old mods don't work anymore. Generally you need some kind of "mod loader" program which will take about 15 minutes of reading some random 15 year olds mis-spelled directions on how to do it.

If he wants things that make the game better I would look for a "kid friendly" server for him and let him play there. The "admin" of the server handles all the mods for the players.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

For single player mods you need to download Forge. Then you need to set up a profile for it in the launcher. Then you need to find updated mods, make sure all the ones you want to use are compatible with each other, and put them in the mods folder. Then you have to let forge install them every time you boot up the game.

In my experience using mods/forge, they are way more work than they are worth.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#50]
FYI minecrafters we also have an ARK server as well. It's no where near as complex as minecraft but it looks nice and its a nice mini-break from minecraft.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top