Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was wondering when this was going to hit GD.
A few more details in the Strib
Rahim appears to have been a first class idiot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Police said Rahim tried to make a right turn from East River Road onto 31st and slid into a ditch. The man in the other vehicle took evasive action and was almost hit by Rahim's car, police added.
Rahim reversed out of the ditch and hit the man's vehicle. Rahim and one of his passengers got out of the vehicle and confronted the man, according to police.
So it wasn't a lone moosim just trying to turn his life around.. it was a possible 2 on 1....'m starting to smell a disparity of force defense here. Two guys hit your car, get out and start getting aggressive.

I wonder what a reasonable man might draw as a conclusion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Alexander Weiss had zero fucks to give on that day. Unfortunately he's going to jail.
View Quote
He should change his name to Fate Weiss. Don't tempt him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
"Dukart says Rahim “got in his face” and the man pulled out a gun."

Who is "the man?" Dukart or Rahim?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
A pretty big one, especially since he was relying on the other idiot to know and obey the laws of self-defense.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Does castle doctrine apply if attacker attempts to enter occupied vehicle in MN?  I've seen posted they don't have real castle doctrine but if he couldn't retreat and they tried to enter or remove shooter then it's a good shot just about anywhere.

Remember the article is framing it so you make up your mind with cherry picked emotional information.

Shot because he dared him to sounds better than shot while attempting to enter shooters vehicle screaming I'm going to kill you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does castle doctrine apply if attacker attempts to enter occupied vehicle in MN?  I've seen posted they don't have real castle doctrine but if he couldn't retreat and they tried to enter or remove shooter then it's a good shot just about anywhere.

Remember the article is framing it so you make up your mind with all the facts. Shot because he dared him to sounds better than shot while attempting to enter shooters vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Remember the article is framing it so you make up your mind with all the facts. Shot because he dared him to sounds better than shot while attempting to enter shooters vehicle.
No, in MN you have a duty to retreat except in your dwelling.

609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.
The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.065
There is also case law that establishes no duty to retreat in your abode.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Good shoot.

Don't advance on someone who has a gun drawn on you unless you intend to get it on.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good shoot
View Quote
I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Evidently, asserting his Jihad didn't turn out well for him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There are a few places I refuse to go Minneapolis/MN is high on the list.

Last time we went riding along the Mississippi my wife wanted to cross, we were near Stillwater along 35, just north of Minneapolis. I refused.  The somali shithead population, the horrid Minnesota laws , not worth it.

Gorgeous area, stay on the Wisconsin side.

If dude keeps his mouth shut and gets a good attorney he should walk, not worth the hassle in my life. I avoid shit like this at all costs.  Stuff happens, but God so help me, I'm avoiding it as much as humanly possible.
View Quote
Wasn't WI the 49th state to finally adopt shall issue concealed carry? More recently, your governor, a true defender of freedom, has said he was happy with the existing licensing system and wouldn't sign a constitutional carry bill. Don't act like you live in some bastion of freedom over there. Also, no Somalis in WI? None?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#12]
How many virgins does he get for this?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll have a Coke
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.
The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.065
Thanks. So duty to retreat applies. If unable to retreat and threat is real and imminent then good shoot. In ky you occupied mode of transportation is same as home/dwelling. Castle doctrine presumes user of deadly force to have reasonable fear of death or grave bodily injury. Don't fuck with somebody's car if it's occupied here. Same as breaking into a house.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Police said Rahim tried to make a right turn from East River Road onto 31st and slid into a ditch. The man in the other vehicle took evasive action and was almost hit by Rahim’s car, police added.
Rahim reversed out of the ditch and hit the man’s vehicle. Rahim and one of his passengers got out of the vehicle and confronted the man, according to police.
Two on one....shoot keeps getting better.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah I would. I'm not an ARFCOM commando shit talker like most of  you guys. I have actual life experience, not just internet fantasies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you wouldn't.
Yeah I would. I'm not an ARFCOM commando shit talker like most of  you guys. I have actual life experience, not just internet fantasies.
Dude, I'm a fucking Navy seal and have literally hundreds of kills under my belt and still wouldn't go hands on, ok? You don't know if he's hodling a fucking M80 under those sheets or got an XRP behind his back ready to gut you and your squad like Alaskan salmon. Yea, I get it, you know karate, as do I -- I'm a fucking black belt and have been since I was 8 years old. I've won hundreds of tournaments without breaking a sweat. I've got trophies taller than me. I've spent 15 years training rouge groups such as the Cambodian ADA or other misc FUEL groups working covertly across African basins in hand-to-hand combat. I speak 9 languages, including HTML. So please, kid, tell me how you'd blindly take down a tango with your bare hands? I bet you can't!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Circumstancial "evidence" at best so far, but shooter gets charged right away since he's not a LEO.
View Quote
And, there is this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#18]
There was a comment in another forum, since two people got out and confronted the driver(shooter), about if the disparity of force removes the duty to retreat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There was a comment in another forum, since two people got out and confronted the driver(shooter), about if the disparity of force removes the duty to retreat.
View Quote
I'd love to see a statute or case law that supports that, because I've never seen it or heard that. The disparity of force in a 2-on-1 situation is certainly something that will be weighed in judging whether his actions were reasonable, but it has nothing to do with his duty to retreat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Good riddance
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#21]
So you quick draw guys wouldn't go toe to toe with a 150 lb minor? I'd rather be charged for a misdemeanor than a felony.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd love to see a statute or case law that supports that, because I've never seen it or heard that. The disparity of force in a 2-on-1 situation is certainly something that will be weighed in judging whether his actions were reasonable, but it has nothing to do with his duty to retreat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably why there was never a straight answer about it, but fell back to facts and circumstances will determine if his actions were reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree. Not related at all. It's either a real, capable imminent threat or it isn't. Duty to retreat is bulshit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You guys who say you wouldn't go toe to toe with a 17 hr old 150 lb assailant need to take some classes. You're a pathetic bunch.
View Quote
Watchout badass over here.gif

It's a 2-on-1 situation, and all it takes as one good shot to get knocked down or out. I've watched enough Liveleak and Wurrlstar videos to know what happens next.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Does laughing make me a bad person?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So you quick draw guys wouldn't go toe to toe with a 150 lb minor? I'd rather be charged for a misdemeanor than a felony.
View Quote
Lol... you act like there is supposed to be fair play.... almost like your supposed to give the criminal a sporting chance..

taking this situation (that we know very little about) aside.. that's real retarded...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#27]
There were two more in the car too.

At this point, who knows? What I do know is I'm not believing the dead guys friend at face value.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I have severe arthritis in both shoulders so going hand to hand isn't going to happen, shooting or stabbing is going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Sometimes a pistol whipping will suffice. Unfortunately Mr. Weiss didn't think this one through. I'm still going with good shoot if I was on the jury.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dude shot Richard Grieco's son!
View All Quotes
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#32]
He’s with Alla now...... more likely not.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Daring someone to shoot you should be an automatic good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dude, I'm a fucking Navy seal and have literally hundreds of kills under my belt and still wouldn't go hands on, ok? You don't know if he's hodling a fucking M80 under those sheets or got an XRP behind his back ready to gut you and your squad like Alaskan salmon. Yea, I get it, you know karate, as do I -- I'm a fucking black belt and have been since I was 8 years old. I've won hundreds of tournaments without breaking a sweat. I've got trophies taller than me. I've spent 15 years training rouge groups such as the Cambodian ADA or other misc FUEL groups working covertly across African basins in hand-to-hand combat. I speak 9 languages, including HTML. So please, kid, tell me how you'd blindly take down a tango with your bare hands? I bet you can't!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you wouldn't.
^  Seems legit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought the whole point of duty to retreat has to do with the ability to retreat safety (for example, into a barricaded space, or leaving unbeknownst to the assailant) not the ability to engage in headlong potentially dangerous flight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Well^^^ this thread got good. Brotherhood frogmen have at it!!!! been awhile since guys have gone at it lol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A dead one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of idiot would DARE somebody to shoot them?
A dead one
I can't believe it's been 12 years since this murder. She was originally from MN, and thought it was OK to challenge the mugger with a gun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Nicole_duFresne

"There was a consensus among witnesses that duFresne challenged Fleming, shouting "What are you still doing here? You got what you wanted. What are you going to do now, shoot us?" According to trial testimony, Fleming and duFresne were then about two feet apart, and "he was so mad, he just lift up the gun and shot at her."
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good shoot
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I thought the whole point of duty to retreat has to do with the ability to retreat safety (for example, into a barricaded space, or leaving unbeknownst to the assailant) not the ability to engage in headlong potentially dangerous flight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, the duty to retreat doesn't require you to leave a bad situation for a worse one, such as running across a busy interstate, and it doesn't require you to leave loved ones behind. What it does mean is if there's a reasonable means of retreat or escape, you must attempt it. In this case, I'm wondering if getting back into his car and hauling ass out of there wasn't possible. It sure sounds like he may have stood his ground, which will be a problem.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little 16'er? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, 16'er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking banned, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable butt off the face of the continent, you little 16'er. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you dam 16'er. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking banned, kiddo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you wouldn't.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little 16'er? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, 16'er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking banned, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable butt off the face of the continent, you little 16'er. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you dam 16'er. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking banned, kiddo.

Uh was that an actual banning or just mocking him?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I actually live in Rochester and can shed more light on the case based on information the police have released:

1. Two individuals got out and confronted Weiss who had pulled over to help after they ran their car into a ditch.
2. He didn't just stand there and say "I dare you". The kid was physically and aggressively moving towards Weiss when shot.
3. Cops found Meth and pills in the car.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So it wasn't a lone moosim just trying to turn his life around.. it was a possible 2 on 1....'m starting to smell a disparity of force defense here. Two guys hit your car, get out and start getting aggressive.

I wonder what a reasonable man might draw as a conclusion.
View Quote
A .45
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#43]
GOOD SHOOT!

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I actually live in Rochester and can shed more light on the case based on information the police have released:

1. Two individuals got out and confronted Weiss who had pulled over to help after they ran their car into a ditch.
2. He didn't just stand there and say "I dare you". The kid was physically and aggressively moving towards Weiss when shot.
3. Cops found Meth and pills in the car.
View Quote
More info
http://www.kaaltv.com/news/police-rochester-teen-dead-after-shooting-incident-25-year-old-man-in-custody/4743466/

Police say the shooter, Alexander Weiss, went back to his car to get a gun after getting in a confrontation with Rahim and another teen and then shot Rahim at a fairly close range.

Sherwin said Rahim and the other teen who confronted Weiss may have been under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the incident. He also said law enforcement has had "frequent" contact with Rahim prior to the shooting, though he did not elaborate on the contact due to Rahim being a minor.

So the "victim" was known to cops.  But the shooter going back to his car to get his piece raises some more questions.  I wonder if the kid followed him back to his car or if he got his gun and went back to them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alexander Weiss had zero fucks to give on that day. Unfortunately he's going to jail.
It sounds like a good shoot in self defence. Rahim is reckless driving, hits Weiss' vehicle, then Rahim and another guy get out to confront Weiss.

Police said Rahim tried to make a right turn from East River Road onto 31st and slid into a ditch. The man in the other vehicle took evasive action and was almost hit by Rahim's car, police added.

Rahim reversed out of the ditch and hit the man's vehicle. Rahim and one of his passengers got out of the vehicle and confronted the man, according to police.

Police Capt. John Sherwin told the Rochester Post-Bulletin there was "some posturing and words exchanged," and that Rahim approached the other driver.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Make that 2 minors confronting Weiss
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#47]
It is really sad seeing people post "bad shoot" about stuff like this.  It is pretty obvious there are an awful lot of people living in a fantasy world and have never had the unfortunate experiences of dealing with crap like this in person.  What is particularly sad is there are loads of videos on youtube and liveleak proving that "teens" do not play fair.  The zero years have emboldened them and they fully realize they can kowtow white people who are afraid of being prosecuted.  Look at all of the videos of cops who try to use non-lethal or screaming at a suspect to stop, and they keep coming, many times to the point of nearly killing the cop.  No reasonable person advances on someone with a gun and you are playing games with your life if you feel you can reason with them.

For those wanting to go hands-on, I sincerely pray that you nor your family ever have to go through that, it ain't gonna play out like your fantasies.  See if you can find a video online where "teens" don't sucker punch someone and then all pile on after he hits the ground.  They ain't gonna play by your rules.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#48]
If he went back to his car to retrieve the gun, that’s likely going to be a big problem for his defense to overcome.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Another cancer researcher passes into the great beyond
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Muslim from shithole country brings shithole beliefs with him.  Deport all of them (if not US citizens).
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top