BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 142
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kyle telling everyone to stay strong. In jail facing murder 1 charges, and telling his supporters to stay strong.

Kid's got a lot of heart. Will be interesting to see what he does with his life after he regains his freedom.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle telling everyone to stay strong. In jail facing murder 1 charges, and telling his supporters to stay strong.

Kid's got a lot of heart. Will be interesting to see what he does with his life after he regains his freedom.

Seems he's always wanted to be a LEO, but I wonder if becoming a gun rights lawyer appeals to him.  If he's good at it, it's an area where he could make a real difference, and his history could actually be an asset, instead of a liability (as it will likely be for a beat cop position).  Plus I know one prominent law firm that would no doubt bring him on in a heartbeat.  

Based on the interview snippets, etc., he seems to be intelligent enough to pull it off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:09:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Words sometimes get new meanings when people are too stupid to use existing words correctly, look up "ratchet" next  
Current slang definition #1
Current slang definition #2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep hearing folks here call others "based" as if it were a compliment.  It must mean something other than what I have long understood it to mean.  If I refer to someone or something they did as base, I am definitely saying something quite negative about them; I've always understood it to be an insult, not a compliment.

Words sometimes get new meanings when people are too stupid to use existing words correctly, look up "ratchet" next  
Current slang definition #1
Current slang definition #2

We need a dang Arfcom glossary.  I was using 'woke' for exactly the opposite of what it now seems to mean.  I think.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I keep hearing folks here call others "based" as if it were a compliment.  It must mean something other than what I have long understood it to mean.  If I refer to someone or something they did as base, I am definitely saying something quite negative about them; I've always understood it to be an insult, not a compliment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sounds like he knows he is right.

I am glad he has a lot of influential people telling him so.

He seems pretty based. And a good heart.

Base =/= Based.

Base means low.

Based means well grounded in fact.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait, Twitter is censoring the lawyer of a person accused of a crime for defending them publicly? These motherfuckers have to be burnt to the ground. Figuratively of course.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#8]

20 dollars is 20 dollars...
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have you seen the tattoo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New avatar

Have you seen the tattoo?

Yep. Have a feeling that guy would be fun to hang out with. Probably drinks a lot of coke by the looks of it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Seems he's always wanted to be a LEO, but I wonder if becoming a gun rights lawyer appeals to him.  If he's good at it, it's an area where he could make a real difference, and his history could actually be an asset, instead of a liability (as it will likely be for a beat cop position).  Plus I know one prominent law firm that would no doubt bring him on in a heartbeat.  

Based on the interview snippets, etc., he seems to be intelligent enough to pull it off.
View Quote

Great suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Publishing insinuates they are reviewing the posts before they are viewable.

Courts have already set numerous precedents in Twitter's favor.
View Quote

Yet they shut down conservative speech while allowing any amount of leftist lies.

They need fucked in the ass.

Retreat into legalistic nonsense doesn't alter that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

Whenever someone on social media goes off on a rant calling him a murder, I reply that Kyle Rittenhouse thanks them for their support because I'm donating another $20 to his defense fund in their honor. It triggers them even more.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't believe some of the replies in here. This is a gun website, right?

With all of the evidence presented thus far, are there still people on here not defending Kyle?
View Quote

There are idiots everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#15]

The only people I've ever heard say that in real life enjoyed hanging out in shady parts of town soliciting that phrase...

Just messing with ya Good on you
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That is incorrect.  

WI Statute 948.60
View Quote

Negative.  I covered this elsewhere, but look at 948.60(3)(c).  This exempts anyone who is under 18, and possessing a rifle or shotgun, and not violating one of three other statutes:

1) 941.28 is the blanket prohibition on an SBR/SBS that is not federally registered or meets other criteria

Kyle was in possession of a 16" barrel rifle, so he is not violating this statute.

2) 29.304 contains supervision restrictions for those under the age of 16, but contains no provision for those aged 16 or 17.

Kyle was 17 years old at the time, so he was not violating this statute

3) 29.593 contains a restriction on hunting without having taken a hunter safety course.

Kyle was not hunting at the time, so he was not violating this statute.

Because he is not violating these statutes, 948.60(3)(c) exemption applies to Kyle, who then had no further prohibitions on possession (he was not otherwise prohibited and he was doing it in a place and manner that was not prohibited).
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You are incorrect.

"This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593"

Does not apply in Kyle's case.

HOWEVER, you would be correct if you referred to the law regarding Open Carry. That is the only infaction Kyle is guilty of. Which is a victimless crime, misdemeanor. He was just a couple months short of age. You could have two people, one day apart in age, one is guilty of a crime, one is not. Dumb shit law.

But he was NOT guilty of possession. He could legally own and possess a weapon in WI, he just could not open carry it.
View Quote

Wisconsin does not have an Open Carry law.  We have a Concealed Carry law, and you can open carry a firearm in any manner that is not prohibited by law.  Kyle was not otherwise prohibited by law.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You are incorrect.

"This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593"

HOWEVER, you would be correct if you referred to the law regarding Open Carry. That is the only infaction Kyle is guilty of. Which is a victimless crime, misdemeanor. He was just a couple months short of age. You could have two people, one day apart in age, one is guilty of a crime, one is not. Dumb shit law.

But he was NOT guilty of possession. He could legally own and possess a weapon in WI, he just could not open carry it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had no legal need for a guardian.  At 17 he can legally possess and open carry that rifle all on his own.

That is incorrect.  

WI Statute 948.60

You are incorrect.

What law is that? Can you please cite it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Negative.  I covered this elsewhere, but look at 948.60(3)(c).  This exempts anyone who is under 18, and possessing a rifle or shotgun, and not violating one of three other statutes:

1) 941.28 is the blanket prohibition on an SBR/SBS that is not federally registered or meets other criteria

Kyle was in possession of a 16" barrel rifle, so he is not violating this statute.

2) 29.304 contains supervision restrictions for those under the age of 16, but contains no provision for those aged 16 or 17.

3) 29.593 contains a restriction on hunting without having taken a hunter safety course.

Because he is not violating these statutes, 948.60(3)(c) exemption applies to Kyle, who then had no further prohibitions on possession (he was not otherwise prohibited and he was doing it in a place and manner that was not prohibited).
View Quote

Wow, good write up.  Not doubting you, I hope that's how it is interpreted in court.

That was the one charge I thought would stick too.

ETA:  I guess reading the charges again, the use of "reckless" has me concerned on one of the felonies.  I'm not sure how you beat that one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#20]
LIn Wood has a Parler Account?  I've never even heard of that.  It must have something to do with NUT COAL.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Nvm, deleted
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
LIn Wood has a Parler Account?  I've never even heard of that.  It must have something to do with NUT COAL.
View Quote

Parler is Twitter that doesn't blow goats or hate Conservatives.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve spent a day reading the statue - I think that 3c is poorly written, but you’re right I think.  I’ll admit I interpreted it wrong, no doubt the shitty wording didn’t help me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’ve spent a day reading the statue - I think that 3c is poorly written, but you’re right I think.  I’ll admit I interpreted it wrong, no doubt the shitty wording didn’t help me.
View Quote

What is government for if not for terribly written laws that can be interpreted whichever way the wind blows?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no doubt his career plans will probably shift, if he gets through this. It's a shame to not pursue the Chuck Norris skills though...
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#27]
One thing that is actually really, really nice about WI Statutes and Administrative Code, is they are hot-linked and fully referenced with legislative history and case law (where applicable).

So if you look at the bottom of 948.60, you'll see how it has been modified over the years by legislative acts, and yeah, the sausage makin' ain't pretty.

For the record I've seen at least two other former prosecutors (current criminal defense attorneys) in WI back my interpretation here, including one that was interviewed on Youtube.

I was EMBARRASSED that as an accredited CCW instructor here in WI, that I did not actually know this prior to last week.  My first impression was that anyone under 18 could not possess without supervision, but as you can see the supervision statute in the exemption actually doesn't apply to those aged 16-17.  My first impulse was that there was a case for the Misdemeanor weapons charge.  Not that it would have any affect on the self defense charges.

I do like the idea of challenging age-based possession laws for those who are at least 17 everywhere considering the Militia Act includes them, but I don't think WI is the place for it since there is no prohibition for 17 year olds generally, and there is also a specific militia service exemption that may apply.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What is government for if not for terribly written laws that can be interpreted whichever way the wind blows?
View Quote

Ironically I think the rest of the statute is quite straightforward.  

Maybe whomever wrote it was drunk and wrote 3c after he/she sobered up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What law is that? Can you please cite it?
View Quote

Wisconsin statute 948.60

Exceptions are at the end of the section, paragraph (c)
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#30]
So in watching all these protest videos, I have one nagging question I can't figure out.

You got hundreds or thousands of out-of-towners being bused in.  Some of them peaceful, many of them burning cars and buildings, and smashing cars and whatnot.  Where are all the out of town folk shitting?  Presumably, walking around all day.  If I were a business owner, I'd be all boarded up and not letting them in to use my shitter.  Do they just kinda hold it all day?  Or do you take a break from smashing things, head back to your hotel room or hippy bus to pinch one off, and come back out and continue rioting?  Or is it like time's square for new years and everybody's wearing diapers and just filling them up as the night goes on?  The rioters are mashing everything in sight, so I would not expect a bank of porta-potties to last very long befror its tipped over or lit on fire.

Has anybody been to one of these riots?  What is the poopoo situation like?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Whenever someone on social media goes off on a rant calling him a murder, I reply that Kyle Rittenhouse thanks them for their support because I'm donating another $20 to his defense fund in their honor. It triggers them even more.
View Quote

LOL.

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
One thing that is actually really, really nice about WI Statutes and Administrative Code, is they are hot-linked and fully referenced with legislative history and case law (where applicable).

So if you look at the bottom of 948.60, you'll see how it has been modified over the years by legislative acts, and yeah, the sausage makin' ain't pretty.

For the record I've seen at least two other former prosecutors (current criminal defense attorneys) in WI back my interpretation here, including one that was interviewed on Youtube.

I was EMBARRASSED that as an accredited CCW instructor here in WI, that I did not actually know this prior to last week.  My first impression was that anyone under 18 could not possess without supervision, but as you can see the supervision statute in the exemption actually doesn't apply to those aged 16-17.  My first impulse was that there was a case for the Misdemeanor weapons charge.  Not that it would have any affect on the self defense charges.

I do like the idea of challenging age-based possession laws for those who are at least 17 everywhere considering the Militia Act includes them, but I don't think WI is the place for it since there is no prohibition for 17 year olds generally, and there is also a specific militia service exemption that may apply.
View Quote

The "armed forces" exception seems unclear to me whether it refers to Federal military (regular and reserve), or if it includes State military forces, too, like the militia (although I don't think WI actually has a militia in practice).  It also seems to apply only to possession in the course of service, as opposed to permitting such persons to possess arms privately, as well.

The various militia acts in the States can vary from the Federal one in terms of the age range liable to conscription in the militia.  Youngest minimum age I've seen is 16, oldest maximum age I've seen is 80 (but that latter one is from an old version of the law and might be different now).  For the majority of our history, 16 was the minimum age for Federal enlistment, not 17, except for musicians and ship's boys, which could enlist younger with permission from their parents, and I think appointments as midshipmen (when we still used the apprentice model for that, and not just the academy or, later, ROTC) could also be had at younger ages.  For much of the 20th century, appointments as midshipmen or cadets (regular or reserve) could be given to boys as young as 14 if they were advanced students and had basically reached the equivalent of a high school education at that age, verified by exams.  Lots of historical precedent for teenagers, sometimes those even younger, being in Federal or State military service, often bearing arms, and all it would take to return to that is but a change in legislation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Parler is Twitter that doesn't blow goats or hate Conservatives.
View Quote

More importantly, it's the place he was forced to move to after being censored by Twitter.

Its a calculated move to build ammunition for a future lawsuite against Twitter.  I think someone at Twitter fucked up and they know it.  

Personally, I think they'd have a better chance if they could somehow bait Twitter into doing it again.  But I think that's unlikely.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So in watching all these protest videos, I have one nagging question I can't figure out.

You got hundreds or thousands of out-of-towners being bused in.  Some of them peaceful, many of them burning cars and buildings, and smashing cars and whatnot.  Where are all the out of town folk shitting?  Presumably, walking around all day.  If I were a business owner, I'd be all boarded up and not letting them in to use my shitter.  Do they just kinda hold it all day?  Or do you take a break from smashing things, head back to your hotel room or hippy bus to pinch one off, and come back out and continue rioting?  Or is it like time's square for new years and everybody's wearing diapers and just filling them up as the night goes on?  The rioters are mashing everything in sight, so I would not expect a bank of porta-potties to last very long befror its tipped over or lit on fire.

View Quote

Seriously?  Take a wild guess. They shit on the sidewalk, behind a Bush, or in front of a Bush. Beside a building. Behind a building. Where ever. They're fukkin animals!
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Seriously?  Take a wild guess. They shit on the sidewalk, behind a Bush, or in front of a Bush. Beside a building. Behind a building. Where ever. They're fukkin animals!
View Quote

In all the WI videos I've seen, so far I haven't noticed anybody blasting a dookie in the bushes.  And no piles of crap all over the ground.

#riotpoopgate
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Kid calls in from jail and tells us to stay strong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kid calls in from jail and tells us to stay strong.

The lawyer in me wonders if the opposing lawyers might claim Kyle waived attorney/client confidentiality based on that video......
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

In all the WI videos I've seen, so far I haven't noticed anybody blasting a dookie in the bushes.  And no piles of crap all over the ground.

#riotpoopgate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#riotpoopgate

Aaannnd now this is a poop thread. Honestly, I'm surprised it lasted until page 136.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ironically I think the rest of the statute is quite straightforward.  

Maybe whomever wrote it was drunk and wrote 3c after he/she sobered up.
View Quote

I think your right in your understanding of it, but we shouldn't need a flow chart to figure it out
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Antifa rents porta potties.  Seriously.  they had a double line of them at the Austin riots.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Love to know who these nimrods are. They were billed by the Kenosha News as Volunteer grassroots paramedics... on scene helping protesters.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/kenoshanews.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/06/20686d82-195b-5fe5-b068-e4ddecd94872/5f45ca580285b.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C900
View Quote

I am going to say Attention Whores...
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#42]
And we cannot forget about this gem of a cocksucker...

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I just heard a story of a kid being chased be an enraged, child-rapist.  The kid shot the rapist.  

Great story.  Everyone cheered, hooray!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Well, Kyle's defense fund just increased by $20 and I made sure that she knows the donation was in her honor and Kyle thanks her from the bottom of his heart. Every time you guys post these screen shots you cost me $20. It doesn't bother me though because it's going for a damn good cause.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Bill Kristol is a leftist RINO cuck of the highest magnitude.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#48]
When on the fightback.law website make sure you are donating to Kyle and not the general fund.  I made this mistake, you have to scroll down to see his donation area.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just heard a story of a kid being chased be an enraged, child-rapist.  The kid shot the rapist.  

Great story.  Everyone cheered, hooray!

Attachment Attached File

I love what Kurt Schlichter did with him in his most recent Kelly Turnbull book, Collapse. I just got to that part in it ironically enough.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Bill Kristol is a leftist RINO cuck of the highest magnitude.
View Quote

He's pretty much the head of the neoconservative movement, and that movement is anything but conservative.  The most Right-leaning of its adherents are at best Center-Right.  It's pretty much a temperamentally conservative (and in the context of the Cold War, anti-communist) form of progressivism (basically, if you took out the part of progressivism that gives it its name, and froze its beliefs circa the middle of the Cold War, other than making it socially conservative, and sought to conserve that).

His father, Irving Kristol, even said that the purpose of neoconservatism was to transform conservatism and the GOP against their collective wills into something more suitable for modern and progressive governance.

Kristol should not be regarded with any credibility by those genuinely on the Right, even if they similarly dislike Trump.
Page / 142
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top