Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
In before Vicinity.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ruined

He usually does some pretty good work, but he really fucked up oh that one.

I feel sorry for the owner.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Stock wheels on my camaro

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would actually like to pass a law to ban this.

I only roll corvette rallies on my 68 Camaro.

Oh goodie another reason to dislike EXPcustom

not only are you a Leftist

but you drive a bow tie

I should have known.............

RS/SS with a 396 at that.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.cragarwheel.com/_img/wheels/large/web_61_15_inch_SS1240452125.jpg

LOL I remember I had these on my '70 Chevelle SS Laguna

As it should be...

I thought the "Laguna" Was a Malibu upgrade after the body change, in 73, or 74?

I had a '74 Laguna, White with Maroon interior, and stripes. Also had the Cragar SS wheels. G60 15's on back, and 70's on front.
400 small block. Nice car.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen very few 50's , 60's and 70's iron that I liked with the low profile tires/wheels .VERY few .

Myself , I'm a fan of solid Centerline rims with the satin finish and 15" tires ......for looks anyways

Late 60's-early 70's Mopars look bad-azz with slots
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Get both!

I like the 100% factory correct look, period modified cars (Cragars, keystones and Mags) AND the modern evolutions of classics (pro touring look).

And I think a lot of the modern builders (like Foose) do some amazing things with muscle cars.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think the low profiles would look like shit on my car.

http://adw.go-gbs.com/IMG_2375c.jpg

http://adw.go-gbs.com/IMG_2376c.jpg

They would look better than those. Those wheels were cool on pickups in the 90s. That car needs a real set of tires and wheels, or something period correct. The in between thing just dont work.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is why God created Cragars.

ETA: dammit, too late

I have never seen a set of these on the road that were not rusty.  I thought they came that way new.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why God created Cragars.

ETA: dammit, too late

I have never seen a set of these on the road that were not rusty.  I thought they came that way new.

They ship pretty nice, but oxidize rapidly in the presence of mullets.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
To each his own... I've always preferred a more "period correct" look. When I wanted to upgrade from stock steel wheels, it took a while to find a set of original '73 Mustang slotted aluminum wheels, but I thought it was worth the wait.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/73trials/73trials_f.jpg
Depends on what you're after, of course. If I really wanted better handling, these probably wouldn't be the way to go.

FYI, it WAS worth the wait. Your car looks great with those rims.

I'm also amused that you're occupying at least 3 "Harley Parking Only" spots.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Modern version of Cragar SS wheels.  Not my first pic but the previous owner put them on and I will deal with them until I can afford something else.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To each his own... I've always preferred a more "period correct" look. When I wanted to upgrade from stock steel wheels, it took a while to find a set of original '73 Mustang slotted aluminum wheels, but I thought it was worth the wait.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/73trials/73trials_f.jpg
Depends on what you're after, of course. If I really wanted better handling, these probably wouldn't be the way to go.

fuckin' A...
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw a beautiful 68 camaro today, just pristine, but as I pass it I noticed it has modern 5 star wheels with low profile tires. I just don't get it!?!?!?!? Am I the only one that thinks this is pitiful???????

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yea it's dumb!   Whats wrong with heavy ass stamped steel wheels!  While we're at it, whats with the radial tires?   Old cars like that deserve OEM skinny bias plys.  So what if they slide off the road, it's what the car came with...

Loosen up.

This.

I don't like the big-ass ghetto rims on classic cars, but I think it's dumb to limit your option to Cragars or Centerlines.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

but you drive a bow tie

my dear God ( and i bet the God part offends you as well) ive been waiting for a post i really care about to reply to. fuck your slow ass 396, and fuck california as well, and yes, im from Texas.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#18]

You mean people have different tastes and like different things?
The hell you say!

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

but you drive a bow tie

my dear God ( and i bet the God part offends you as well) ive been waiting for a post i really care about to reply to. fuck your slow ass 396, and fuck california as well, and yes, im from Texas.
I am not impressed.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#20]
i couldnt give a solid fuck if you are impressed or not, hell, id much rather you hated me than be impressed with me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ok, that's kind of cool though.  Wouldn't fare too well on the potholes around here though.

I like the way it looks, as I have a 1965 Impala SS that I am doing a complete frame off on...

But I don't remember if it had airbags on it or not, that looks like it is sitting on the ground.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

i couldnt give a solid fuck if you are impressed or not, hell, id much rather you hated me than be impressed with me.

The "Big City" Thinker does not hate, only educates.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#23]
don't understand it at all, dumb looking

its like putting a brand new Leopold scope on a Sharps 1874, it just doesn't look right
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#24]
well, mister "big city thinker" im from Houston Texas, which by the way is a bigger city than san franfucktard, and i dont think you are near as damn educated as you
think you are. all us "little po-dunck" thinkers couldnt give a fuck what you think about anything, if you havent caught that drift in the last few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#25]
The wheels look good, that`s why. Anyway, it`s not like putting a bikini on your 75 year old mom.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I think if it's done properly, it looks awesome. This car, for example, looks great (save for the hood, as mentioned):

These, however, are hideous:

...in my opinion.

Classic wheels look good too, but big brakes need big wheels.

Oh, and the SRT team is a bunch of idiots for blaming Foose for that little mishap.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Might as well put TAPCO plastic on a Colt SAA.  

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

well, mister "big city thinker" im from Houston Texas, which by the way is a bigger city than san franfucktard, and i dont think you are near as damn educated as you

think you are. all us "little po-dunck" thinkers couldnt give a fuck what you think about anything, if you havent caught that drift in the last few weeks.

Well I am so glad you got that off your chest, Tex.

This conversation is now over.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#29]
you know there san fran boy, im damn glad i got it off my chest as well. and im glad you think you have any amount of authority
to tell me when a conversation is allowed to end. I do want to feed your hate just a tad more, as I said im from Houston Texas (and damn proud of that fact)
san franwhogivesashit is smaller, and i was rasied on religion and service, so im sure you dont like that either. I lived in california myself after my
term of service was over. Fuck that state, fuck what they believe in, i hope it sets to a blaze. have a nice day.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#30]
every time I see a nice classic with ghetto-ass chrome rims, I want to punt a kitten
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he's saying, is that you're not the only one who lives in a big city (and while you and I have agreed to not name your city in public ever again, it's safe to say you ain't exactly from a "big" city, ya dig?).

I did an extensive mapping project on arfcom some years ago, by zip code (with colored map, election style) before you joined. This may come as a surprise to you, but the overwhelming majority of the members here actually live in large metropolitan areas, most of which actually dwarf your current city of residence. No joke, man.

Ain't that a bitch?

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#33]
as close to the ole school look as i could get.....

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he's saying, is that you're not the only one who lives in a big city (and while you and I have agreed to not name your city in public ever again, it's safe to say you ain't exactly from a "big" city, ya dig?).

I did an extensive mapping project on arfcom some years ago, by zip code (with colored map, election style) before you joined. This may come as a surprise to you, but the overwhelming majority of the members here actually live in large metropolitan areas, most of which actually dwarf your current city of residence. No joke, man.

Ain't that a bitch?

The name "Big City" Thinker came from a few years ago, where someone posted that they did not care for my stereotypical Californian "Big City" mentality, it just kind of stuck, also I actually lived in Pelosi's district a few years ago but anyways its late Saturday night and I dont want to derail the thread anymore.

Yeah modern rims on old muscle cars suck, anything over 16" should be banned.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:15:50 AM EDT
[#36]
your right, ban all things muscle car to nothing more than a 16 inch, especially chevelles with the 14 ich pizza
cutters, no one should be allowed to catch up to technology. cant have that happening.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ain't that a bitch?

The name "Big City" Thinker came from a few years ago, where someone posted that they did not care for my stereotypical Californian "Big City" mentality, it just kind of stuck, also I actually lived in Pelosi's district a few years ago but anyways its late Saturday night and I dont want to derail the thread anymore.

On this, we agree.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

your right, ban all things muscle car to nothing more than a 16 inch, especially chevelles with the 14 ich pizza

cutters, no one should be allowed to catch up to technology. cant have that happening.

That's right Tex.

Just like they have local and federal laws that preserve historic homes and trees, they should do that for muscle cars. If the rim was not available from the dealer back in the year the car was made for the special "protected class" of muscle cars lets say years 62-74, it should be banned.

This is how I make a better more perfect world through "Big City" thinking.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#39]
more of the "big city bullshit" didnt we (myself and subnet) just establish that my city is by far larger than yours?
the first word spoken from space was "houston" i dont give a rats fucking ass what you think at all about anything.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Hey Tex, I am trying to do you a favor here. I am just trying to show you a better way of thinking... a better way of life.

By banning eye sores the world is a much better place, just come to Cali and see for yourself how much we have cleaned up.

Very few old cars on the road because we have a effective "Cash for Clunkers" program at the state level, only people that can afford to maintain their classics are the ones with them on the road. No more streaks of oil in the middle of the freeways plus our roads are much safer now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Hey Tex, I am trying to do you a favor here. I am just trying to show you a better way of thinking... a better way of life.

By banning eye sores the world is a much better place, just come to Cali and see for yourself how much we have cleaned up.

Very few old cars on the road because we have a effective "Cash for Clunkers" program at the state level, only people that can afford to maintain their classics are the ones with them on the road. No more streaks of oil in the middle of the freeways plus our roads are much safer now.

You do this shit on purpose. Good gawd.

Don't make it quite so obvious, man.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do this shit on purpose. Good gawd.

Don't make it quite so obvious, man.

I am trying to hard sell Tex on "Big City" thinking.

Check it out our "Cash for Clunkers" program, it has actually been real effective at getting hoopties off of the street, I am totally for this.

I dont know if you remember all the shitty oil spots and broken down cars on the side of 101 but that's a thing of the past now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:47:27 AM EDT
[#43]
I myself would like to extend some education to you my fellow american, come on down to South Texas and we wouldlike to Re-Educate you and how to feel
about a bunch of welfare leaches and everyone in your so loved Haight-Ashury project. we would love to show you how to act like an American male, to love your country,
to be able to sacrifice for something you love, to stand up and take care of your friends/family when they are in need and to not want a sucking welfare system to
strip your wages from your pocket, friend we are here for you and we hope the best for you, maybe one day you too can be in the ranks of us....the un-educated
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:04:25 AM EDT
[#44]
My first car was a '67 Firebird, wrecked in '76 by a drunk/drugged guy. As some of the guys mentioned, it had Gabriel Hi-Jackers, 70s on the front and 60s on the rear (on Cragars), and a couple JC Whitney parts.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:20:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I myself would like to extend some education to you my fellow american, come on down to South Texas and we wouldlike to Re-Educate you and how to feel

about a bunch of welfare leaches and everyone in your so loved Haight-Ashury project. we would love to show you how to act like an American male, to love your country,

to be able to sacrifice for something you love, to stand up and take care of your friends/family when they are in need and to not want a sucking welfare system to

strip your wages from your pocket, friend we are here for you and we hope the best for you, maybe one day you too can be in the ranks of us....the un-educated

South Texas, puhhhhlease

Look Tex, your more "simple" way of life is going the way of the dinosaur.

You can't stop "progress" and what I am trying to tell you is you can have your freedom like your little muscle car but it has to have the correct rims on it. You can have your little house but you cant have an old couch in your front yard or trash piled up in the back along with a bunch of junk cars.

I am trying to do you a favor by extending you an olive branch because when I am gone the others wont be so patient or as nice as me and they will force progress on you. It may not be today or tomorrow but it will be soon, just learn to embrace progress dont try to fight it. You are only making the rest of US look bad.

It's a "Big City" world and it would be nice of you and some of your other fellow Texans to saddle on up and join us here in the 21st century.

There is a hell of a view on this high horse, you should see it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Some people actually drive their cars, not just sit in front of them at car shows... big brakes and wide tires need big(relatively) wheels.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:28:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ain't that a bitch?

You have to realize that his masturbatory comments about "big city thinking" have nothing to do with the size of his city, but how wonderfully liberal and enlightened he thinks his opinions are.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:29:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ain't that a bitch?

Banned?  Should any gun that holds more than 10 rounds be banned?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ain't that a bitch?

Banned?  Should any gun that holds more than 10 rounds be banned?

No.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top