Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
well, mister "big city thinker" im from Houston Texas, which by the way is a bigger city than san franfucktard, and i dont think you are near as damn educated as you
think you are. all us "little po-dunck" thinkers couldnt give a fuck what you think about anything, if you havent caught that drift in the last few weeks.

Well I am so glad you got that off your chest, Tex.  

This conversation is now over.

What he's saying, is that you're not the only one who lives in a big city (and while you and I have agreed to not name your city in public ever again, it's safe to say you ain't exactly from a "big" city, ya dig?).

I did an extensive mapping project on arfcom some years ago, by zip code (with colored map, election style) before you joined. This may come as a surprise to you, but the overwhelming majority of the members here actually live in large metropolitan areas, most of which actually dwarf your current city of residence. No joke, man.

Ain't that a bitch?

The name "Big City" Thinker came from a few years ago, where someone posted that they did not care for my stereotypical Californian "Big City" mentality, it just kind of stuck, also I actually lived in Pelosi's district a few years ago but anyways its late Saturday night and I dont want to derail the thread anymore.

Yeah modern rims on old muscle cars suck, anything over 16" should be banned.

Banned?  Should any gun that holds more than 10 rounds be banned?

No.  

Yet rims that are too big and grass that is too tall are issues that should be handled by SWAT teams?  

Look!  I just owned EXPcustom and page 4 in the same post!  
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, mister "big city thinker" im from Houston Texas, which by the way is a bigger city than san franfucktard, and i dont think you are near as damn educated as you

think you are. all us "little po-dunck" thinkers couldnt give a fuck what you think about anything, if you havent caught that drift in the last few weeks.

Well I am so glad you got that off your chest, Tex.  

This conversation is now over.

What he's saying, is that you're not the only one who lives in a big city (and while you and I have agreed to not name your city in public ever again, it's safe to say you ain't exactly from a "big" city, ya dig?).

I did an extensive mapping project on arfcom some years ago, by zip code (with colored map, election style) before you joined. This may come as a surprise to you, but the overwhelming majority of the members here actually live in large metropolitan areas, most of which actually dwarf your current city of residence. No joke, man.

Ain't that a bitch?

The name "Big City" Thinker came from a few years ago, where someone posted that they did not care for my stereotypical Californian "Big City" mentality, it just kind of stuck, also I actually lived in Pelosi's district a few years ago but anyways its late Saturday night and I dont want to derail the thread anymore.

Yeah modern rims on old muscle cars suck, anything over 16" should be banned.

Banned?  Should any gun that holds more than 10 rounds be banned?

No.  

Yet rims that are too big and grass that is too tall are issues that should be handled by SWAT teams?  

Look!  I just owned EXPcustom and page 4 in the same post!  
Those are non emergency issue where the owner has to be cited and fined.

You edited the ownage so it does not count.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I myself would like to extend some education to you my fellow american, come on down to South Texas and we wouldlike to Re-Educate you and how to feel
about a bunch of welfare leaches and everyone in your so loved Haight-Ashury project. we would love to show you how to act like an American male, to love your country,
to be able to sacrifice for something you love, to stand up and take care of your friends/family when they are in need and to not want a sucking welfare system to
strip your wages from your pocket, friend we are here for you and we hope the best for you, maybe one day you too can be in the ranks of us....the un-educated

South Texas, puhhhhlease

Look Tex, your more "simple" way of life is going the way of the dinosaur.

You can't stop "progress" and what I am trying to tell you is you can have your freedom like your little muscle car but it has to have the correct rims on it. You can have your little house but you cant have an old couch in your front yard or trash piled up in the back along with a bunch of junk cars.  

I am trying to do you a favor by extending you an olive branch because when I am gone the others wont be so patient or as nice as me and they will force progress on you. It may not be today or tomorrow but it will be soon, just learn to embrace progress dont try to fight it. You are only making the rest of US look bad.

It's a "Big City" world and it would be nice of you and some of your other fellow Texans to saddle on up and join us here in the 21st century.

There is a hell of a view on this high horse, you should see it.

my "simple" way of life???? NASA is here you moron. My state is home to MD Anderson and Texas Instruments, 70 percent of the United States Military, so on and so forth. i couldnt give a rats ass what you think.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

ruined

This.............It's heartbreaking how Foose ruined a classic Mopar

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a room.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 2:02:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a room.

No, thank you.  I have something that may be long enough to warrant a non-emergency fine.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a room.

No, thank you.  I have something that may be long enough to warrant a non-emergency fine.  

I am not impressed.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#8]
sweet Jesus, this guy isnt impressed yet again, we should try harder to apease him! if the heart of cock sucking california isnt impressed,
then what the hell ever shall we do??!! I may have to give up my South Texas ways and give my guns and my freedoms up and conform to
the dick sucking standard of california. well damnit i held out as long as i could.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 3:19:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 3:48:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I saw a beautiful 68 camaro today, just pristine, but as I pass it I noticed it has modern 5 star wheels with low profile tires. I just don't get it!?!?!?!? Am I the only one that thinks this is pitiful???????

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

No, you are not the only one that thinks this is pityful. I for one think it's just plain stupid! For some reason some people just have to go with the gangbanger hoodrat dope dealer look. Those people should be carried out in the woods & shot! All that is needed on muscle cars are Cragar S/S's.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 3:57:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Because people have this thing called personal preference and they like different things.  FYI.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#12]
15" white letter tires are only avaliable in S (112mph) and T (118) speed ratings.

Big sidewalls and low speed ratings let tire flex across the centerline of the wheel. That equates to lousy turn-in, delayed steering input, and dimished handling.

That is why the old letter tire market segment is now called "performance appearance" in the tire business.

I use 315/35ZR17 / 275/40ZR17 on my Chevelle.

http://www.ss396.com/cars/Chevelle/1970/1970_Chevelle_Pro_Touring/1970_Chevelle_Pro_Touring.html
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Tex, I am trying to do you a favor here. I am just trying to show you a better way of thinking... a better way of life.

By banning eye sores the world is a much better place, just come to Cali and see for yourself how much we have cleaned up.

Very few old cars on the road because we have a effective "Cash for Clunkers" program at the state level, only people that can afford to maintain their classics are the ones with them on the road. No more streaks of oil in the middle of the freeways plus our roads are much safer now.

You do this shit on purpose. Good gawd.

Don't make it quite so obvious, man.

I am trying to hard sell Tex on "Big City" thinking.  

Check it out our "Cash for Clunkers" program, it has actually been real effective at getting hoopties off of the street, I am totally for this.

I dont know if you remember all the shitty oil spots and broken down cars on the side of 101 but that's a thing of the past now.

Mommy please (waa waa) have the gobernment make it all bedder for me!
I cannot believe that people who want more Obummer type "freedoms"can like guns and still be a member here
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Ridiculous, hideous, overpriced.  Throw a set of Cragars on it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Just meat & potato's
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 5:31:12 AM EDT
[#16]
There is ONE other kind of wheel that is acceptable in my opinion. I was always a fan of these because everyone had Cragars.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 5:43:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I all depends on the car.....These wheels wouldn't look right on many cars, however they look perfect on this

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
15" white letter tires are only avaliable in S (112mph) and T (118) speed ratings.

Big sidewalls and low speed ratings let tire flex across the centerline of the wheel. That equates to lousy turn-in, delayed steering input, and dimished handling.

That is why the old letter tire market segment is now called "performance appearance" in the tire business.

http://www.ss396.com/cars/Chevelle/1970/1970_Chevelle_Pro_Touring/1970_Chevelle_Pro_Touring.html

You did a great job on that, it looks fantastic!
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did a great job on that, it looks fantastic!

thank you,

Jay
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the low profiles would look like shit on my car.

http://adw.go-gbs.com/IMG_2375c.jpg

http://adw.go-gbs.com/IMG_2376c.jpg

They would look better than those. Those wheels were cool on pickups in the 90s. That car needs a real set of tires and wheels, or something period correct. The in between thing just dont work.

Interesting retrospective but in my time showing the car you are the first to voice a dislike for the tire/wheel combo at least to my face. The Judges and SNAMC Show attendees that awarded me first and second places in my class didn't seem to mind them either. I like them and that is all that really matters in the end.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've seen very few 50's , 60's and 70's iron that I liked with the low profile tires/wheels .VERY few .

Myself , I'm a fan of solid Centerline rims with the satin finish and 15" tires ......for looks anyways

Late 60's-early 70's Mopars look bad-azz with slots

I used to drive my mom's 1970 Buick Skylark coupe.  It had, iirc, satin Centerlines with small round holes around the edges.  Maybe they were Cragar if they made such a style. Can't remember, and I bought them at a junkyard from a wrecked car. There was some clear coat breakdown , but they looked good. $75 each was what i could afford as a student way back then.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top