Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Needs more pics...

From the Rangers at Camp Rudder back in '08..

The last three were obviously from '09, the bottle is for scale :-)
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
First time I've heard the term Mojave Green since I was in. My Platoon Sgt grew up in Nevada and warned us about them before we went to NTC. Never did see one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.

Almost every website and survival book that addresses snakebite, that I have read, says to make a safe attempt to identify the type of snake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, that is a classic example of a Mojave. To me, the difference is stark and immediately apparent.
There is only one treatment for all North American pit viper envenomations. Regardless of which species you may have been bitten by, you are going to receive the same treatment. There is no need to kill, or bring the snake with you for ID purposes.
Interesting.

Almost every website and survival book that addresses snakebite, that I have read, says to make a safe attempt to identify the type of snake.
CroFab, developed at the U of A, is what you're going to get if bitten by any NA pit viper.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Prarie,  we've had a bunch out at the range here on the westside of ABQ.  Some big D Backs too.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I see your expert wears tall boots...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Prarie,  we've had a bunch out at the range here on the westside of ABQ.  Some big D Backs too.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/119217/8002-679045.JPG
View Quote
Nice Dback
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
are they born live?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeeeeaah,

looks to me like Russian Roulette,

sooner or later,

you're gonna lose.

ETA....

Hmmm,

looks like duct tape holding together sheetrock wall.

Little kids pressing their weight against a cheap piece of fatigued plexiglas screwed to sheetrock.

what could possibly go wrong?

the plexiglas breaks,

the kids fall in,

on top of a dozen large rattlers,

and several pissed off diamondbacks envenomate them,

while their parents watch.

sorry.

I've been on this planet long enough to see plenty of people injured/killed from stupid stuff like that.
View Quote
Nancy?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
are they born live?
View Quote
Yeah.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Always thought that the Timber Rattler had the most potent venom of the U.S. rattlesnakes.  They just have a milder disposition when it comes to biting people.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Always thought that the Timber Rattler had the most potent venom of the U.S. rattlesnakes.  They just have a milder disposition when it comes to biting people.
View Quote
Nothing really compares to Mojave toxin.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tiger Rattlesnake venom does, as does SoPac Rattlesnake venom.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top