Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

People don’t think market manipulation be like it is but it do.
View Quote

So, who EXACTLY are these "manipulators" who are doing this alleged "manipulation"?  Details, man, details.

WEF?  Bilderbergers?  Space aliens?  The Clintons?  Hunter Biden?

The PM market is subject to the same influences as all markets, namely buying and selling.  If the market is plunging, it means more people are selling than buying.  Which is what has been happening since March.  Either that, or production has ramped up and flooded the market with new PMs.  (There is zero evidence for this.)
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It’s just a gully, that’s all.
View Quote

"It's just a flesh wound!"
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So, who EXACTLY are these "manipulators" who are doing this alleged "manipulation"?  Details, man, details.

The PM market is subject to the same influences as all markets, namely buying and selling.  If the market is plunging, it means more people are selling than buying.  Which is what has been happening since March.  Either that, or production has ramped up and flooded the market with new PMs.  (There is zero evidence for this.)
View Quote

The FED. They are making the dollar worth more.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The FED. They are making the dollar worth more.
View Quote

Hah!

So, the recipe for making the dollar more valuable is to print lots more of them?  Got it!  Wish Ida thunk of that!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hah!

So, the recipe for making the dollar more valuable is to print lots more of them?  Got it!  Wish Ida think of that!
View Quote

No, by raising interest rates.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, by raising interest rates.
View Quote

So, printing Trillion$ DOESN'T increase the value of the USD?  I'm so confused.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Interest rates are going up fast in anticipation of what is coming. A Fidelity 6 month CD is now at 4.0%.

Our GDP is 70 consumption, fueled by cheap and free money. But the borrow and spend economy is ending, almost cold turkey.

Any ideas on what that does to our GDP and economy?

Same as when an addict is cut off from cheap drugs, cold turkey.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interest rates are going up fast in anticipation of what is coming. A Fidelity 6 month CD is now at 4.0%.

Our GDP is 70 consumption, fueled by cheap and free money. But the borrow and spend economy is ending, almost cold turkey.

Any ideas on what that does to our GDP and economy?

Same as when an addict is cut off from cheap drugs, cold turkey.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]

With COVID and Trump rising, Jan. 6th, systemic racism and Russia, Russia, Russia why is anyone worried about the economy?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Market is down, bigly.

I'm thinking the institutional resistance and market fundamentals aren't going to hit down in most cases.

In other areas like Metas virtual world failure, overextended stocks with fantastical PEs, and zombie companies will start folding.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been getting frustrated seeing my stock market positions this last year  with housing interest rates pushing down real estate, I've been considering taking some market-money and paying a chunk of cash for a snowbird condo or house. It's not like I'm missing out on huge market income, could rent out my other house for some income.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It does if you give it to foreign countries to use and get them addicted to it like drugs.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It does if you give it to foreign countries to use and get them addicted to it like drugs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then you pull the rug out from under some and the others go "Do we really want this deal anymore?"
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#14]
W
Quoted:

View Quote

Why does the value of the USD depend on where it's going?  Printing press DGAF, it just keep on humming along.

You sound conflicted.  

My position: excess printing always REDUCES the value of USD, so the decline in PMs is actually worse than it seems.  Same with a decline in any other commodity.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been getting frustrated seeing my stock market positions this last year  with housing interest rates pushing down real estate, I've been considering taking some market-money and paying a chunk of cash for a snowbird condo or house. It's not like I'm missing out on huge market income, could rent out my other house for some income.
View Quote

It's always an option.  I was in RE for decades.  Keep in mind the market value of the RE may go down as interest rates go up.  It can be unnerving, just like a decline in the stock market.  If that bothers you, stay out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And then you pull the rug out from under some and the others go "Do we really want this deal anymore?"
View Quote

Too bad, you're hooked and 10% for the big guy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nobody wants that crap.  Even physically.
View Quote

Yup never listen to anyone who tells you to buy physical gold.

They will also tell you how revolvers are more reliable than semi autos.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess everyone who bought yesterday realized "oh whoops wrong button lol my bad" and clicked undo.

I missed my chance to shift my 401k from stocks to CDs earlier this year. Now I'm stuck like a lot of other people. The only bright side is I have another 15-20 years before retirement if I can last that long, and I'm still making weekly 401k contributions. These last few days though, yikes.

And it does feel like the economy is turning to us and saying:

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
W
Why does the value of the USD depend on where it's going?  Printing press DGAF, it just keep on humming along.

You sound conflicted.  

My position: excess printing always REDUCES the value of USD, so the decline in PMs is actually worse than it seems.  Same with a decline in any other commodity.
View Quote

Because it's used to buy things from other countries.  It's a lot easier to buy those things if they are already using it there.  

Go to any shit hole country and they will gladly use dollars instead of their shit money.

PM are going down because no one actually gives a fuck about them.  How much shit do you buy with gold?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Still buying. I'm gonna keep buying. When the dims are booted out the market is going to skyrocket. That's my hope anyway.
View Quote

I don't see that happening.  Rates will continue to increase and the Fed is unwinding it's balance sheet.  You should take them at their word when they say pain is coming.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't see that happening.  Rates will continue to increase and the Fed is unwinding it's balance sheet.  You should take them at their word when they say pain is coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still buying. I'm gonna keep buying. When the dims are booted out the market is going to skyrocket. That's my hope anyway.

All the rate increases have not even put a small dent in inflation. I'm thinking they will have to go beyond what Paul Volcker did. He had a better country to work with.

20% plus is on the table. And great Pain.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because it's used to buy things from other countries.  It's a lot easier to buy those things if they are already using it there.  

Go to any shit hole country and they will gladly use dollars instead of their shit money.

PM are going down because no one actually gives a fuck about them.  How much shit do you buy with gold?
View Quote

Printing press DGAF.  All it knows is that with each new dollar produced, existing ones are worth less (worthless, heh.)

But we agree, PMs are really a crap investment, and as a hedge against inflation, anyone can see what's happening now.

Gold is DOWN $400 since March.  Yikes.  It should be UP bigly since March.  So much for that theory.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

All the rate increases have not even put a small dent in inflation. I'm thinking they will have to go beyond what Paul Volcker did. He had a better country to work with.

View Quote

IDK about 20%, but the Fed should quit pussyfooting around and rip off the bandaid.  Next raise should be 2% (200 basis pts.) MINIMUM.  That would send a real signal that they aren't monkeying around.  This fractional crap is just pissing off inflation.  Inflation ain't skeered of no Fed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The longer they draw it out, the worst it will be.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Printing press DGAF.  All it knows is that with each new dollar produced, existing ones are worth less (worthless, heh.)

But we agree, PMs are really a crap investment, and as a hedge against inflation, anyone can see what's happening now.

Gold is DOWN $400 since March.  Yikes.  It should be UP bigly since March.  So much for that theory.
View Quote

Intrest rates way up.  Why would you buy gold when you can get that sweet interest?

Printing press has slowed down a lot compared to covid drunk stock market.  

The war standard is still best standard as of now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. We exported the inflation so each dollar added didn’t make the existing ones worth less. The problem now is each dollar created isn’t being as exported easily.

The day all those dollars flow home, the real fun begins. And that day is coming, especially with House of Saud making a mockery of Biden.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The longer they draw it out, the worst it will be.
View Quote

You just have to hope the rest of the world's money fails first.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No. We exported the inflation so each dollar added didn’t make the existing ones worth less. The problem now is each dollar created isn’t being as exported easily.

The day all those dollars flow home, the real fun begins. And that day is coming, especially with House of Saud making a mockery of Biden.
View Quote

Who are they going to sell their oil to?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Intrest rates way up.  Why would you buy gold when you can get that sweet interest?

Printing press has slowed down a lot compared to covid drunk stock market.  

The war standard is still best standard as of now.
View Quote

CDs are only paying 4%, less than HALF of annual inflation.

Gold should be heading to the moon, if the old theory held true (it's not true.)

Printing press has SLOWED DOWN?  Have you heard of the Inflation Reduction Act recently passed by the Dems?  Trillions to the moon, baby!

Well, OK, maybe it has slowed down compared to 1-2 years ago, but that's like saying the runaway train has slowed from 130 mph to only 110 mph, as it enters the horseshoe curve.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

CDs are only paying 4%, less than HALF of annual inflation.

Gold should be heading to the moon, if the old theory held true (it's not true.)

Printing press has SLOWED DOWN?  Have you heard of the Inflation Reduction Act recently passed by the Dems?  Trillions to the moon, baby!

Well, OK, maybe it has slowed down compared to 1-2 years ago, but that's like saying the runaway train has slowed from 130 mph to only 110 mph, as it enters the horseshoe curve.
View Quote

Hey, when you go parabolic on the printing press 2 trillion is a slow down.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

US bonds will be even more attractive to foreign buyers with the current higher rates.  The problem will come when it's time to pay it back with interest.  Fed has painted itself into a corner.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nomi Prins wrote several books on this subject matter and the latest is Permanent Distortion.  I started reading it today.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You just have to hope the rest of the world's money fails first.

View Quote

We are the biggest dwarf in the Land of Oz.  It could work.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hey, when you go parabolic on the printing press 2 trillion is a slow down.
View Quote

We are approaching agreement asymptotically.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Nomi Prins wrote several books on this subject matter and the latest is Permanent Distortion.  I started reading it today.
View Quote

Well, by definition, if it's permanent, it's no longer a distortion.  It's just the "new normal".
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concur with you.  

As to metals (Lou Daks' comment), that ignores the paper manipulation of the spot price.  I am happy about the manipulation as it makes it puts metals into the gift horse category.  

I've mentioned elsewhere that the basis of the petro-dollar has died. Saudi Arabia already accepts the gold back yuan note for its oil.  2023 is the 50th anniversary of the petro-dollar and g/r of thumb is that fiat currencies last only about 50 years (or less).
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, by definition, if it's permanent, it's no longer a distortion.  It's just the "new normal".
View Quote

You're right, until the wheels fall off.  We've been on life support since 2008 (QE/TARP) but that's unsustainable.  It will be epic when it fails and there will much wailing & tears accompanied by gnashing of teef.  The WEF envisions a wealth transfer to them (the bankers) and the majority of the middle class reduced to serfs/tenants.  "You'll own nothing and you'll be happy."
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You're right, until the wheels fall off.  We've been on life support since 2008 (QE/TARP) but that's unsustainable.  It will be epic when it fails and there will much wailing & tears accompanied by gnashing of teef.  The WEF envisions a wealth transfer to them (the bankers) and the majority of the middle class reduced to serfs/tenants.  "You'll own nothing and you'll be happy."
View Quote

WEF honchos have addresses, too.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

WEF honchos have addresses, too.
View Quote

As does phauxi, gaytes and all the other azzwholes who brought about this mess.  Sucks to be them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We are the biggest dwarf in the Land of Oz.  It could work.
View Quote

We also have the best military and tech.  Glad whoever is running sleepy Joe decided it was a good idea to stop sending China good chips.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  We are approaching the end of the year.  I'm guessing most small companies, including ours, are evaluating wage increases for next year and associated billing rates.  Can we increase employee's wages to just keep up with the cost of living and adjust billing rates up too?  Our insurance rates are in the yearly negotiation phase, those will go up too.  Are we just contributing to the inflation snowball?  Has wage inflation already been cooked in (doubt it) or will that be another bump that hasn't been realized yet?  

I'm not looking for the poster above to answer those questions.  Just throwing them out there for all to consider.

This is interesting: Is there a liquidity issue

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Plausible.

Midterms hit, Republicans sweep, training wheels are removed from the market, interest rates continue to rise, market tanks hard, Republicans receive blame from the media.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plunge protection team keeping everything from collapsing until after midterm election.
Plausible.

Midterms hit, Republicans sweep, training wheels are removed from the market, interest rates continue to rise, market tanks hard, Republicans receive blame from the media.

That’s OK. One should never avoid winning in order to avoid real or imagined blame for something when winning means bring in control.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Shall I send you my address so you can send me the Eagle?  Seriously.  If you don't you're a welcher and a bum.

I think PMs suck.  Look at the performance since March.  Gold has tanked, when it should be going to the moon.

I own 0 crypto.

Your move, bigshot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shamelessly quoting myself because it looks like I called it.  Homebuilders giving back yesterday's phony moon shot and over the next week or so banks will have given up all of yesterday's rally.  No different than the spike in silver and European stock markets at the beginning of the month or junk bonds in may - market makers creating a fake rally to unload before more pain.

And lol at the precious metal haters, letting the world know their IQs are in the bottom quartile of the distribution.  I'd bet an eagle they went all in on crypto

Shall I send you my address so you can send me the Eagle?  Seriously.  If you don't you're a welcher and a bum.

I think PMs suck.  Look at the performance since March.  Gold has tanked, when it should be going to the moon.

I own 0 crypto.

Your move, bigshot.

I believe you, keyboard warrior

Aren't you the same sh!t for brains that couldn't remember Bob brinkers track record accurately?  Why yes, yes you were!  And now you're whining like a bitch over losing your azz because you're either too dumb or lazy to figure out the markets.  That's on you skippy because the information is out there, and even on this board - you just fail to process it
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, 20% couldn’t be
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No, 20% couldn’t be
View Quote

FED doesn't look at futures. Go look at them and see what the market thinks prices will be.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I believe you, keyboard warrior

Aren't you the same sh!t for brains that couldn't remember Bob brinkers track record accurately?  Why yes, yes you were!  And now you're whining like a bitch over losing your azz because you're either too dumb or lazy to figure out the markets.  That's on you skippy because the information is out there, and even on this board - you just fail to process it
View Quote

So, you're a bum and a grifter who doesn't honor his own bets.  GD take note.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Riter

She was on Palisades Gold two weeks ago. If you haven’t listened to that interview you really should.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=50VyPIBquuQ
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

@Riter

She was on Palisades Gold two weeks ago. If you haven’t listened to that interview you really should.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=50VyPIBquuQ
View Quote

@sunnybean.  Thanks.  I wasn't aware of that interview.

I heard her interview with USA Watchdog's Greg Hunter and got the book (I read three other of her books and my favorite was All The Presidents' Bankers).  I only read the intro of her new book and returned it (damaged b/c of the packing goons at Amazon) and am waiting for its replacement.  https://usawatchdog.com/massive-central-bank-ponzi-creates-permanent-distortion-nomi-prins/
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No, 20% couldn’t be
View Quote

Yep.  Powell can't do what Volcker did back in the day.  We had industry back then and weren't on life support (since 2008 with TARP & QE).  Today we're de-industrialized, up over our eyeballs in debt which is mathematically impossible to repay AND any substantial raise will kill anybody (especially corporations and banks and the US govt.) that has debt.  Raising rates high cannot be done anymore.

They're going to let the wheels fall off and then when they "think" we're desperate, offer us CBDC. (and maybe UBI for retirees, SSI recipients, WIC/EBT card holders).  Through control of the CBDC (think of it as credit at the company store) the bankers hope to control humanity.  When we reject it, we break their power over us and rid ourselves of the parasite class.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Except American Gold Eagles (and a few other sovereigns) are not subject to 1099's upon sale.
I guess if avoiding government oversight is a fetish, I'm a freak. There's a reason there's a premium for them, even if you don't know it.

ETA: So my point was and remains, you could actually own gold 4 months ago at $1800 for $1900. Or, you could own it today at $1660 for $1880.
Spot has dropped, but the cost of actually buying some has not. Premiums for your shitrands has also increased the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gold is a metallic Element.  If you want to collect Gold, then any form of that Element is equivalent.   Canadian, Austrian, British, etc.  
if you’re into Coin collecting, that’s a completely different fetish.

Except American Gold Eagles (and a few other sovereigns) are not subject to 1099's upon sale.
I guess if avoiding government oversight is a fetish, I'm a freak. There's a reason there's a premium for them, even if you don't know it.

ETA: So my point was and remains, you could actually own gold 4 months ago at $1800 for $1900. Or, you could own it today at $1660 for $1880.
Spot has dropped, but the cost of actually buying some has not. Premiums for your shitrands has also increased the same.

@Enzo300.       Yes, reporting requirements are important, but the information presented, only makes your AGE fetish even more irrational.    Austrian and British are consistently offered at less premium.   They too, are exempt from reporting.   Additionally, Canadian and Krugerands only trigger when selling 25 or more. All of these are as good as AGE, when purchased from reputable sellers.    Are you really buying and selling that much?

Help me out. I feel like I’m missing part of the story here.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top