User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Enzo300.       Yes, reporting requirements are important, but the information presented, only makes your AGE fetish even more irrational.    Austrian and British are consistently offered at less premium.   They too, are exempt from reporting.   Additionally, Canadian and Krugerands only trigger when selling 25 or more. All of these are as good as AGE, when purchased from reputable sellers.    Are you really buying and selling that much?

Help me out. I feel like I’m missing part of the story here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@Enzo300.       Yes, reporting requirements are important, but the information presented, only makes your AGE fetish even more irrational.    Austrian and British are consistently offered at less premium.   They too, are exempt from reporting.   Additionally, Canadian and Krugerands only trigger when selling 25 or more. All of these are as good as AGE, when purchased from reputable sellers.    Are you really buying and selling that much?

What is your deal?  IDGAF about AGE's over any other bullion, except it has some attributes (U.S. Sovereign, $50 minimum value, no reporting) that the market places a premium on, over and above the premium on other coins.

The conversation was that "nobody cares about gold, even physical" to which I responded to about the much higher premiums currently. Those super high premiums ($220) are because there is far more demand for physical gold than the market can supply. I'm not buying anything at these premiums. AGE's also command a better price at sale, which makes most of the difference over other coins a moot point when considering it's other appeals. Buy Leafs, buy Rands, IDGAF.

Your response to my response about premiums being ~$200 over spot was:
Quoted:

Wrong.  $1775 today.  Free shipping, no tax.  You’re off by more than $100. Why do people always exaggerate pm prices.   Provident, fwiw.

and I called you out on your $1775 price, which at the time was only $100 over spot. Your place, Apmex, and my own place were all $220 over spot at that time for AGE's, and I asked you to provide a link to your price, which you failed to do. You're still reading, so I assume you saw me ask. I even provided a link to your place, that was $200 over spot for AGE's. It's STILL $200 over spot at your place.

So you called me wrong, I proved myself right, you failed to defend yourself, AND you lumped me in with some imaginary group that exaggerates PM prices.
FFS, a simple "sorry, I was wrong to say you're wrong" would have sufficed but no, you persist.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What is your deal?  IDGAF about AGE's over any other bullion, except it has some attributes (U.S. Sovereign, $50 minimum value, no reporting) that the market places a premium on, over and above the premium on other coins.

The conversation was that "nobody cares about gold, even physical" to which I responded to about the much higher premiums currently. Those super high premiums ($220) are because there is far more demand for physical gold than the market can supply. I'm not buying anything at these premiums. AGE's also command a better price at sale, which makes most of the difference over other coins a moot point when considering it's other appeals. Buy Leafs, buy Rands, IDGAF.

and I called you out on your $1775 price, which at the time was only $100 over spot. Your place, Apmex, and my own place were all $220 over spot at that time for AGE's, and I asked you to provide a link to your price, which you failed to do. You're still reading, so I assume you saw me ask. I even provided a link to your place, that was $200 over spot for AGE's. It's STILL $200 over spot at your place.

So you called me wrong, I proved myself right, you failed to defend yourself, AND you lumped me in with some imaginary group that exaggerates PM prices.
FFS, a simple "sorry, I was wrong to say you're wrong" would have sufficed but no, you persist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong.  $1775 today.  Free shipping, no tax.  You’re off by more than $100. Why do people always exaggerate pm prices.   Provident, fwiw.

Thanks for the reply.    I’m trying to get to the bottom of this, because as an occasional buyer; When someone types something that is 120% different from my own observation, I try to figure out who is wrong.  If there is a valid reason why AGE’s are worth 5% more, I need to know it.    
As far as I can see from everything you’ve posted, one ounce of .999 gold is exactly the same whether it’s Austrian or British or AGE.    You latched onto AGE in an attempt to prove yourself right.    It’s silly.     The premium on gold has been around 5% for as long as I can remember.  AGE’s have always had an additional ~$90 premium, for some reason.   Your theory was good, except for the fact that Aus and Brit share the same benefit.  
Here:  https://www.providentmetals.com/2022-austrian-philharmonic-1-oz-gold-coin.html.    
The premium on gold is less than $100 or 5%. shipped, no tax.  
One can Make it more expensive by collecting numismatics, but that’s a different game.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply.    I’m trying to get to the bottom of this, because as an occasional buyer; When someone types something that is 120% different from my own observation, I try to figure out who is wrong.  If there is a valid reason why AGE’s are worth 5% more, I need to know it.    
As far as I can see from everything you’ve posted, one ounce of .999 gold is exactly the same whether it’s Austrian or British or AGE.    You latched onto AGE in an attempt to prove yourself right.    It’s silly.     The premium on gold has been around 5% for as long as I can remember.  AGE’s have always had an additional ~$90 premium, for some reason.   Your theory was good, except for the fact that Aus and Brit share the same benefit.  
Here:  https://www.providentmetals.com/2022-austrian-philharmonic-1-oz-gold-coin.html.    
One can Make it more expensive by collecting numismatics, but that’s a different game.
View Quote

I did not "latch on" to AGE's. I merely used it as an example because I had personally bought some AGE's 4 months ago for a $100 premium, and now they stand at a $220 premium. The point wasn't AGE's, it was the difference in the premium. At that time 4 months ago, Leafs had a $50 premium and now they are at $100 premium. See? It doesn't matter which coin you use, they are ALL higher premiums right now.

AGE's carry a considerable premium over other coins when you sell too. A $70 buy premium on rands right now, will still net you only SPOT when you sell. You're out the $70. I don't know and don't care what the premium over spot is on AGE's right now when selling, I'm not LOOKING to sell. But I know it's significantly higher than SPOT, because of DEMAND for AGE's.

Premiums are determined based on demand and supply. They're high now because demand for PHYSICAL is high, which was my point to counter a claim that there is no demand for physical.

Let me try to help you out with my own reason for preferring AGE's over others. If you're not in this position, then I can understand why you wouldn't elect to pay the higher premium.
Physical gold will be the very last thing I sell in my old age if I need money, besides my dwelling. Hopefully, it will never get sold and will end up with my heirs.
What this does for me, is allows me to bequeath wealth to my heirs as I see fit. The non-reporting I see as a way to give what I want, to WHOM I want, without both government oversight into my business, but more importantly to me, any ability of OTHER heirs to glean knowledge of what each other is receiving. I have a way of doing that even after my death and keep it out of probate. It also allows my heirs to hold or sell without the paperwork.

If I decide on something other than an equal share for each heir due to the myriad number of reasons I might do so, then I don't have to worry about infighting, jealousy, or the contempt of my heirs for my memory.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I did not "latch on" to AGE's. I merely used it as an example because I had personally bought some AGE's 4 months ago for a $100 premium, and now they stand at a $220 premium. The point wasn't AGE's, it was the difference in the premium. At that time 4 months ago, Leafs had a $50 premium and now they are at $100 premium. See? It doesn't matter which coin you use, they are ALL higher premiums right now.

AGE's carry a considerable premium over other coins when you sell too. A $70 buy premium on rands right now, will still net you only SPOT when you sell. You're out the $70. I don't know and don't care what the premium over spot is on AGE's right now when selling, I'm not LOOKING to sell. But I know it's significantly higher than SPOT, because of DEMAND for AGE's.

Premiums are determined based on demand and supply. They're high now because demand for PHYSICAL is high, which was my point to counter a claim that there is no demand for physical.

Let me try to help you out with my own reason for preferring AGE's over others. If you're not in this position, then I can understand why you wouldn't elect to pay the higher premium.
Physical gold will be the very last thing I sell in my old age if I need money, besides my dwelling. Hopefully, it will never get sold and will end up with my heirs.
What this does for me, is allows me to bequeath wealth to my heirs as I see fit. The non-reporting I see as a way to give what I want, to WHOM I want, without both government oversight into my business, but more importantly to me, any ability of OTHER heirs to glean knowledge of what each other is receiving. I have a way of doing that even after my death and keep it out of probate. It also allows my heirs to hold or sell without the paperwork.

If I decide on something other than an equal share for each heir due to the myriad number of reasons I might do so, then I don't have to worry about infighting, jealousy, or the contempt of my heirs for my memory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a good reason for gold, which is not often talked about.   I like it, for much the same reason.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top