Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. I don't care what price is given on someone's Internet cart. Until you can actually "Pay In Full" with a receipt, prices listed at this point in time mean Jack and Shit,

2. If it's $2,500-$3,000 then I hope they didn't make too many of them. A couple thousand units would be enough to cover the demand for the next year or two, at least.

3. I'll get interested when all of the promised trigger packs start hitting the market. Cool-looking rifle? Sure? Piston? Sure...for what that's even worth. Available in 5.56mm and (allegedly) 6.8mm? Hear that? That's the sound of me snickering and moving along.

4. 1:9" twist...I knew they'd Bushmaster (verb) that motherfucker somehow. Fucking cunts.

I see that as a plus. I don't shoot bullets over 68 grains and usually shoot 55s.

I still think its vaporware.

Until I start seeing them in stores I won't get to excited.

How is 1/9 beneficial for shooting 55gr bullets?

They usually stabilizes 55s very well. I say usually because every barrel seems to be a little different. Odds are a 1/9 will shoot 55s better and a 1/7 will shoot heavier bullets better.  As mentioned in above posts the 1/7 is generally better for longer/heavier bullets like tracers or the 70 plus grain bullets used in long range competition.

Not true, 1/7 shoots 55gr just as well as 1/9 and allows the use of the heavier bullets.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wish they'd announce the damn price.

they wont, b/c its gonna turn people off about them. its gonna be high. they want the impulsive buying.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
1. I don't care what price is given on someone's Internet cart. Until you can actually "Pay In Full" with a receipt, prices listed at this point in time mean Jack and Shit,

2. If it's $2,500-$3,000 then I hope they didn't make too many of them. A couple thousand units would be enough to cover the demand for the next year or two, at least.

3. I'll get interested when all of the promised trigger packs start hitting the market. Cool-looking rifle? Sure? Piston? Sure...for what that's even worth. Available in 5.56mm and (allegedly) 6.8mm? Hear that? That's the sound of me snickering and moving along.

4. 1:9" twist...I knew they'd Bushmaster (verb) that motherfucker somehow. Fucking cunts.

I see that as a plus. I don't shoot bullets over 68 grains and usually shoot 55s.

They usually stabilizes 55s very well. I say usually because every barrel seems to be a little different. Odds are a 1/9 will shoot 55s better and a 1/7 will shoot heavier bullets better.  As mentioned in above posts the 1/7 is generally better for longer/heavier bullets like tracers or the 70 plus grain bullets used in long range competition.

Not true, 1/7 shoots 55gr just as well as 1/9 and allows the use of the heavier bullets.

depends on barrel length. 1/7, 20" way over stabilizes 55 grs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two 16" 1/7s that aren't very impressive with 55s. They both shoot 68 gr really well though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Over stabilize? Seriously? Get thee to the Ammo Oracle, stat.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully it doesn't have any teething problems or ARFcom and the rest of the gun world will sacrifice MagPul, Bushmaster, et-al to the online fire gods quite quickly.  

I can see it now......"I WAITED FOUR YEARS FOR THIS POS!!!!!"

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I want one.  I will wait until I hear some range reports on it first before I buy it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The polymer lower kind of bothers me. Polymer is okay for pistols since they tend not to get banged around as much as a rifle does. Time will tell of course, but plastic isn't always fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 for regular handguards, folding stock, 1 in 7 twist for around $1500.    that i would buy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Lost interest about 2 years ago, still can't see myself getting in line to purchase one.  I think I would rather buy a Larue OSR instead.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]
So what is considered the gun on that rifle?  The upper?  Hope so because the only way i would do it is if i could SBR it and I don't really know how well you can engrave a plastic lower per ATF shit.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The polymer lower kind of bothers me. Polymer is okay for pistols since they tend not to get banged around as much as a rifle does. Time will tell of course, but plastic isn't always fantastic.

I'm going to guess that it will do fine using the Steyr Aug & G-36 as examples.  Also the H&K G-3 and MP-5 had polymer fire control sections.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
+1 for regular handguards, folding stock, 1 in 7 twist for around $1500.    that i would buy.

If I had the money, this.  Anything more and I'll wait to buy a used one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#14]
1 in 9 twist rate eh? So it can only handle light .223 rounds

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#15]
fuck that thing. im buying two msar augs, lots more compact, and i can probably buy both of them for what 1 of the other costs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So what is considered the gun on that rifle?  The upper?  Hope so because the only way i would do it is if i could SBR it and I don't really know how well you can engrave a plastic lower per ATF shit.  

I don't know what it is on the ACR, but it's perfectly legal to engrave plastic.  Per ATF regs, only the serial # has to be on metal.  Any polymer framed gun has all the makers info engraved (molded in) on the plastic with a metal plate for the serial #.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
But will I trade my XCR for it, that's the question...?

I wouldn't. All the same features for twice the price? What's the point?
I'd at least wait for the price to come down and for the bugs to get worked out over the next year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Don't worry about it.  The HK G36 and UMP do fine when actually used.  The polymer nowadays are really strong :)
Quoted:

Quoted:

So what is considered the gun on that rifle? The upper? Hope so because the only way i would do it is if i could SBR it and I don't really know how well you can engrave a plastic lower per ATF shit.

I don't know what it is on the ACR, but it's perfectly legal to engrave plastic. Per ATF regs, only the serial # has to be on metal. Any polymer framed gun has all the makers info engraved (molded in) on the plastic with a metal plate for the serial #.

It might be just like the USC/UMP, where the upper is the serialized part.  My upper was laser engraved with my sbr info

gratuitous pic

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like I want this one and get a folding stock.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#21]
According to some other members on this site who contacted Bushmaster, the MSRP has been confirmed at $2,700 for the basic model, more for the enhanced model.

If true, fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Meh, it's ugly and expensive.  I'll pass.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Won't even consider paying more than $1500 for that.

I can set up a better quality AR for much less than $2700, and I can put the rest towards a few mags of ammo.

It's a nice idea, but between the 1/9 barrel, bushmaster being in on the deal, remington being in on the deal (both are decent companies, just not who I would go to for a military style semi-automatic rifle), it not being on the market yet, it being new and not providing anything that I can't get in a platform that is tested, I know well, reliable and accurate.

Same reason I don't own any of the other 5.56 wonderguns that are running around right now.  They just don't offer what I want in a rifle.  This gets closer, but the price just really turns me off when you combine the clusterfuck that has been the birth of this rifle.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#24]
What is the hard-on for 1/9 twist????!!!!!

1/8 at the minimum
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm waiting until I hear from someone official that's the correct MSRP.  

Just as an example, I built this for less than that "plain jane" ACR's supposed MSRP WITH the optic and mount (prices are what I paid or have in them).

Kreiger 1:7" 18" DMR profile stainless steel barrel w/ factory trued bolt - $550
Colt BCG - $100
Larue 12" FF tube - $300
Larue Lo-pro gas block - $70
Larue/Harris 6-9" notched/tilt bipod and mount - $170
PWS 556 Brake - $80
Daniel Defense Upper - $100
Spikes lower - $100
RRA 2 stage trigger - Parts box
Gasbuster - $75
Ergo Overmolded grip - $20
Cav Arms C1 stock - $40
Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mk IV TMR Illum. w/ Larue SPR mount - $1000
Total: $2605

Shoots Hornady TAP 75 grain into the same hole at 100 yards
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Still want.

*If it's not too expensive.

Same here. ACR takes AR mags right?
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#27]
$2500?!?  thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with my ARs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#28]

This thread is 95% conjecture/hearsay and 5% fact.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Wanted one and saved the money, bought a sweet AR instead.

Plastic gun I will have to put a real barrel or the barrel I want on(gas system looks pinned also). It is not like you will be able to order the gun you want, as in adaptive. Did they keep the AR bolt, I understood the accuracy went to crap on this gun. Oh, and 2700 bucks.

I think I'll finish my current rifle buy an M1A and ammo. Sorry Bushy, go back in time, give me the first gun hyped with the current sights, you can have my 1500.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#30]
$1,500

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#31]
My XCR looks better all the time if the report of $2700 is anything to go by
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#32]
$2700?
The Magpul guys say different. I hope they're right.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Plastic gun I will have to put a real barrel or the barrel I want on(gas system looks pinned also). It is not like you will be able to order the gun you want, as in adaptive. Did they keep the AR bolt, I understood the accuracy went to crap on this gun. Oh, and 2700 bucks.

I think I'll finish my current rifle buy an M1A and ammo. Sorry Bushy, go back in time, give me the first gun hyped with the current sights, you can have my 1500.

According to Magpul they never used an AR bolt. They used an cam location was wrong on the AR bolt for them to use it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm going to say, MSRP of $2399. Place your bets here gentleman. Winner gets 10 innernets.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Heard from a bird $2500.  

That is gun deal talk though so take it with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#36]
If the price was 1500 I would definitely buy/find a way to buy one ASAP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully when the timer is up on the countdown site, we know a real price. If not, we should know tomorrow at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to Magpul they never used an AR bolt. They used an cam location was wrong on the AR bolt for them to use it.

Guess I was misinformed still looks like they are using an 8 lug AR style bolt. Seems the 2700 may be misinformation also. 2 hours we know. I still need an M1A.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know what it is on the ACR, but it's perfectly legal to engrave plastic.  Per ATF regs, only the serial # has to be on metal.  Any polymer framed gun has all the makers info engraved (molded in) on the plastic with a metal plate for the serial #.

I thought the upper was the serialized part of the ACR.  Seems like that's what you'd get engraved.  It's not polymer.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the upper was the serialized part of the ACR.  Seems like that's what you'd get engraved.  It's not polymer.

Yes, the upper is serialized.  That way, lowers can be swapped as necessary for caliber changes.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#41]
http://www.bushmaster.com/Press-release-11810.asp

And there you have it ARFCOM. The most hyped, anticipated, eagerly awaited gun of the past 2+ years is going to be priced into oblivion all while having a 1/9 twist barrel.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One retailer has them listed for $1,500 when you add it to your cart.  

Yeah, plus $1500 shipping and handling.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#43]
$3000 and 8.2 pounds?

What a fucking disappointment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Bushmaster.com Press Release

5th paragraph:

The Bushmaster ACR for the commercial market is available in the Basic and Enhanced configurations.  The additional features for the Enhanced version include an AAC® Blackout™ NSM Flash Hider for exceptional reduction of muzzle flash; multi-functional, three-sided aluminum hand guard with integral MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail; and folding, six-position telescoping composite stock with rubber butt pad, sling attachment mounts and 2-point push button sling. Each configuration of the commercial ACR is offered in a non-reflective, black finish or Coyote Brown (30118).  Suggested retail price: Basic $2,685 and Enhanced $3,061.

So much for that...
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Suggested retail price: Basic $2,685 and Enhanced $3,061

Fuck.  That.  Noise.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bushmaster.com Press Release

5th paragraph:

The Bushmaster ACR for the commercial market is available in the Basic and Enhanced configurations.  The additional features for the Enhanced version include an AAC® Blackout™ NSM Flash Hider for exceptional reduction of muzzle flash; multi-functional, three-sided aluminum hand guard with integral MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail; and folding, six-position telescoping composite stock with rubber butt pad, sling attachment mounts and 2-point push button sling. Each configuration of the commercial ACR is offered in a non-reflective, black finish or Coyote Brown (30118).  Suggested retail price: Basic $2,685 and Enhanced $3,061.

So much for that...

Well, guess who's decided not to give Bushmaster a dime, ever.  I really wanted one of these, but I will not pay over $1000 more than it was supposed to be offered at, and certainly not for a 1/9 twist rate barrel without an adjustable stock.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Suggested retail price: Basic $2,685 and Enhanced $3,061

Fuck.  That.  Noise.

They think it's going to be some awesme rifle?  At that price, with zero options, and no lower swapping to make it an AK-smasher?

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#48]
If they make an 18.6in version so it's non-restricted on the Canadian market, I'll buy onein 6.8 and finally have an EBR for deer hunting!
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry about it.  The HK G36 and UMP do fine when actually used.  The polymer nowadays are really strong :)

Quoted:

Quoted:
So what is considered the gun on that rifle? The upper? Hope so because the only way i would do it is if i could SBR it and I don't really know how well you can engrave a plastic lower per ATF shit.

I don't know what it is on the ACR, but it's perfectly legal to engrave plastic. Per ATF regs, only the serial # has to be on metal. Any polymer framed gun has all the makers info engraved (molded in) on the plastic with a metal plate for the serial #.

It might be just like the USC/UMP, where the upper is the serialized part.  My upper was laser engraved with my sbr info

gratuitous pic

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/wombatturd/Gun%20Stuff/DSCN2526-1.jpg

Ahh dammit Now I want my USC-UMP done even more now!

All I need is thee stock block/stock and mags!
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And there you have it ARFCOM. The most hyped, anticipated, eagerly awaited gun of the past 2+ years is going to be priced into oblivion all while having a 1/9 twist barrel.

2685?!?!  Fuck them.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top