Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In all fairness, LEO get no real medical training.  It would be like blaming a plumber for not recognizing someone was injured.  There are exceptions where there is duel training in EMS/LEO.
View Quote

How much training do you need to see a dude has bullet holes in his face?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
A perfect example of target fixation.   Hopefully this is used for training.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#3]
MrBallen is a former Navy SEAL, so I doubt he's a "soy boy".

A segment about one of his SEAL classmates.
Navy SEAL goes rogue in Iraq (*MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY*)

Quoted:
>Soy reaction face in the thumbnail

Pass
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:14:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ballen is a former Navy SEAL, so I doubt he's a "soy boy".

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ballen is a former Navy SEAL, so I doubt he's a "soy boy".

Quoted:

Pass

The guy who is in love with himself, who narrated the video?

Figures.  Thought he'd pay more attention to his hair as a seal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The one where the suspect pulls out a full size handgun and pops himself as soon as the investigator leaves the room is also fucked up.

Kharn

had to look that one up:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ARicardo_Alfonso_Cerna_committing_suicide_in_California%2C_December_2003.ogv

I always love the 'I'm just gonna grab my keys before they lock this shit down...'

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you see the Mr Ballen episode about the frat boy who went nuts, attacked strangers (killing a husband/wife) and ate off a guy's face?

No bath-salts involved.

Fucked up, to say the least!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What the fuck is your point?  You seem to want everyone to condemn police because he was shot and no one recognized that.  
All I'm saying is shit ain't black and white in the real world and the only fucks responsible for this poor bastards situation are the cunts who shot him.

Forget it.  I don't care..  carry on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
edit
What the fuck is your point?  You seem to want everyone to condemn police because he was shot and no one recognized that.  
All I'm saying is shit ain't black and white in the real world and the only fucks responsible for this poor bastards situation are the cunts who shot him.

Forget it.  I don't care..  carry on.

I had a patient y
tell me they just had sprained arm when they were having a heart attack.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The YouTube channel guy is one of the most annoying people I’ve ever seen

If that’s the first time the guy told the police that he got shot, why is that their fault?
View Quote

That was very obviously not a blunt trauma wound caused by a fist. Possibly like a lamp, or bat, or something, but not by a defensive strike even if Miss Quan had 87 black belts. The eye bruise. That's an internal bleed hematoma from penetrating trauma. At first glance. Call EMS now before anything else happens with this guy. That's CYA 101. Even if it had been defensive wounds by the dead girl. Take him to the hospital in custody and restraints, but they should have called for EMS immediately. Hey, people aren't perfect, but that's the M&M of the initial contact.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Also don't let shady people live in your house no matter what.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't judge my dude. He only had an 8th grade education.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was my whole take on this myself, which I was going to post but you beat me to it.

It was mentioned in the beginning of the video that Heather "always wanted to help people". She wants to be there for them when they need her the most.

So I'm jumping to conclusions here, and perhaps I'm wrong, she was the one who took in this Richie guy.  Richie was just a poor lost soul who needed some guidance. She was going to step in and rescue this downtrodden man and oh boy would that make her feel righteous.

Well we see how that worked out. I know I'm a cynical cold miserable person. My belief that no good dead goes unpunished has held true over and over.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pass
View Quote

It’s part of his “schtick”
You read something into nothing, without even knowing the guy’s background.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I hate these kinds of videos.  Show the video in its entirety, then provide commentary.  The constant interruption of yammering banter is annoying.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hate these kinds of videos.  Show the video in its entirety, then provide commentary.  The constant interruption of yammering banter is annoying.
View Quote

it's called storytelling

it's what people who aren't socially inept are good at doing
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

it's called storytelling

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's called storytelling

Don't wanna hear your set up and take, wanna see the video and form my own opinion.   Guys annoying.  My opinion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pass
View Quote

They must be taking production tips from the gals that make arfcom's youtube vids.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pass
View Quote

Yeah John Ballen is a soy boy
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They must be taking production tips from the gals that make arfcom's youtube vids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pass

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Noobnoobgotdam.gif
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That was very obviously not a blunt trauma wound caused by a fist. Possibly like a lamp, or bat, or something, but not by a defensive strike even if Miss Quan had 87 black belts. The eye bruise. That's an internal bleed hematoma from penetrating trauma. At first glance. Call EMS now before anything else happens with this guy. That's CYA 101. Even if it had been defensive wounds by the dead girl. Take him to the hospital in custody and restraints, but they should have called for EMS immediately. Hey, people aren't perfect, but that's the M&M of the initial contact.
View Quote

If I'm going to be completely honest, I'd not have known that and I'd guess the detective has slightly more medical training than I do (that's to say "not much"). I guess I can't expect him to know that, exactly. My first impression was "drugged out of his mind", but you do have to wonder how many nonsensical statements he has to make, with obvious head trauma, before you start to wonder if it's brain damage. (or at least try to find out what he's on).

The video isn't close/clear enough for me to see if I think it might have been obvious he'd been shot, but seeing how more than one person missed it, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Yeah, it's shit optics, but it was also a strange situation. Sometimes you get into a situation that's so sideways that you miss shit you probably shouldn't. Yeah, it sucks for the guy, but he was already walking around for two days with massive head trauma. I have to doubt even an immediate recognition of what was going on would have made a lot of difference in the final result.

Have to agree that they probably should have had him looked at sooner.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#21]
His face looked pretty fucked up. That didn't look like a normal bruise from being hit. It seems strange they didn't have him checked out immediately.

Head trauma is a thing after all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did you see the Mr Ballen episode about the frat boy who went nuts, attacked strangers (killing a husband/wife) and ate off a guy's face?

No bath-salts involved.

Fucked up, to say the least!
View Quote

Yes. Just recently. MrBallen can be a little wordy, but I watch him often. He has a lot of views, so who am I to argue with success?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Mighty fine police work.

Mighty fine.
View Quote

i'm 50/50 on this one. The kid had already gone two full days with the injuries, so I can't blame them for an additional delay of hours before treatment. Having said that, you'd think somebody would have noticed the injuries and the fact that things didn't look right. Well, before another six or seven hours or so went by, anyway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no fucking clue what that means and I doubt many police officers would.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Hard to gain anything by trying to question the actions of people in a situation that bizarre.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#26]
That whole situation is messed up. I noticed he had the Tyvek suit so also guessing they photographed his injuries.
Just thinking thats some mighty fine police work. Must be top men.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Take guy (that’s making no sense with multiple GSW to the head) into custody for several hours and it still takes an interrogator 45 minutes to come to the conclusion that the MF’er has been shot in the head...

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Imagine being the two cops on that welfare call the next morning.

You uncover a murder scene with perp at the scene. Secure the scene, cuff the perp, drop the perp off at the station, fill out some of the paperwork and drive home after your shift feeling like a boss. Walkin’ on cloud 9... Bout to get some kudos... maybe even a commendation or some recognition...

Come in the next day only to find out the “perp” you arrested was one of the victims and he was shot twice in the head.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Meh, I’m pretty critical of police when they exceed their authority.  That didn’t really happen in this case.  

Most people when shot in the head don’t/can’t open the door.

Most of the time when a young woman is murdered it’s at the hands of their significant other.

Not to seem unsympathetic toward the male victim but the reality is he’d been headshot for two days with no medical attention by the time the police arrived.  Even if they had called an ambulance immediately upon arrival, it is doubtful the outcome would have been different.  The damage was done.

Looks to me as if the police did their best to do the right thing here even if it does look a little messy.  

It’s really a shame for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You forgot he had been shot and gone untreated for at least 24hrs before the Police came into the picture.  So naturally it's the cops fault.  

I will say though, with that very obvious bruise on face I would have had EMS enroute.  Best case is some pissed off EMS personnel having to do a report on a refusal
View Quote

So easy, even a caveman from 1057 BC could figure it out!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You ever deal with anything like that?  Wound small and unnoticeable?  Victim not complaining of injury who was seriously injured?  I have.  Accident victim, son had severe road rash from the crash, he looked fine.  Was detailing events when suddenly he began bleeding and died on the back of an ambulance .  Bled out.  We didn't know how seriously he was injured. That was medical personnel on scene.

It happens.  The only fault is with the cunts who shot him.
View Quote

Blame for initial injury is with the crooks who shot him.

A decent 1st responder class should cover "racoon eyes" ( mine did ).
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Absolutely. I mean everyone knows it's standard procedure when you come across a guy walking around in a complete daze with a massive hematoma under their eye, and not have them checked thoroughly for head injuries, suspect or not. Happens every single day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The YouTube channel guy is one of the most annoying people I've ever seen

If that's the first time the guy told the police that he got shot, why is that their fault?
View Quote

You don't have enough active neurons for someone to explain it to you 'Boss.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't wanna hear your set up and take, wanna see the video and form my own opinion.   Guys annoying.  My opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's called storytelling

You’re annoying.  
Most here are annoying

Lots probably smell bad too.   If you’ve ever been to a gun show, you know.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

But but but but this was not standard in 2005 when the dude got shot!!!

(I was a CFR in 1998, CFR Instructor in 2002, teaching exactly what you said to not so eager FRs).
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have no fucking clue what that means
View Quote

From your mouth to God's ears 'Boss.

It generally applies to 9/10 of the posts you wade into, arms swinging.

Are you a certified first responder?

Shit, some of what he says is covered in a Wilderness/Remote first aid class!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Dunno.  Saw a guy in love with himself narrating .  Very little interview.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dunno.  Saw a guy in love with himself narrating .  Very little interview.

So, suspect turns out to be a victim and police get him help.  What's the point.  Shit in real  life ain't a movie.

Lol.  Your posts are more screwed up than the story.  You’ve got some issues.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops seem bipolar on anatomy and physiology.

ETA:  I’ll help you sound this one out though.

Internal means inside.
Bleed is when the blood (that’s the red stuff) leaves the blood vessels where it’s not supposed to.
Hematoma is a fancy term for a bruise.  I’ll give a pass on this on.
From is a preposition of common use.
Penetrating means something from outside came inside.
Trauma means injury.

You’re welcome.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#39]
You could see that perfect round entry hole on his nose plain as day in the shitty video
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Take guy (that’s making no sense with multiple GSW to the head) into custody for several hours and it still takes an interrogator 45 minutes to come to the conclusion that the MF’er has been shot in the head...

https://i.imgur.com/DQuHLlE.jpg
View Quote

I just finally had a chance to watch that video.  Holy fuck that kid had classic raccoon eyes.  Anyone that looked at him and thought “he seems healthy” has no business being responsible for the safety of others.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Nah...
The one where no one caught the 1911 the dude was Mexican carrying...
Cops leave, he has a drink of water and
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pass
View Quote

The guy is a medically retired SEAL. What have you done?

As to the video, I don't hold the police accountable for this. He was on his own for a long time after being shot, I highly doubt the 8 extra hours in police custody caused the irreparable damage. Would it have been nice if they had noticed? Sure. Is it their fault he's dead? Not at all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

How does that apply to this story?

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'll go against the grain here - I'm a fan of the MrBallen YouTube channel. I've seen most of his videos. He covers the Missing 411 stories and lots of other crazy stuff. Check it out.
View Quote

Me too. I really like the guys videos.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#45]
MrBallen's story

From Navy SEAL to SCARY YouTuber | The MrBallen story
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are mighty big words.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Especially when one of the first things the investigator said was, "you have a big chunk missing from your nose."

"How'd you get the black eye, did she hit you?" Bruh... fucking Rhonda Rousey couldn't give that dude an eye like that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Especially when one of the first things the investigator said was, "you have a big chunk missing from your nose."

"How'd you get the black eye, did she hit you?" Bruh... fucking Rhonda Rousey couldn't give that dude an eye like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bilateral black eyes like that is a classic skull fracture sign.

For the cops: bilateral means on both sides,
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you watch the video, it is part of the reason they suspect something is up from the start.

Cops knock and announce twice. Check door and find it unlocked. Open door and find Mr Headshot standing near the door looking at them as they enter.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Small caliber gsw wounds to the head don’t always look like what you’d think they would.

Given the bruising and facial injuries I’m surprised the y booked him without medical clearance.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top