BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Boomer

It was originally short for the baby boomer generation, which is simply cohorts defined by age that experienced similar things through their life.

However, it is now defined as meaning “Anytime I want to sound like an idiot and blame others for my failures I’ll call someone a boomer.”

It no longer holds meaning towards the generation, but more amply describes the subpar intelligence of the user.
View Quote

I'm going with this.
All of it.
Meaning is lost in here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Millennial, most of the time that word is used they’re talking about Zoomers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Misused or not, they all seem to get overused real quick.
View Quote

Just like the meme pictures.
I wish they would get rid of those.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget:

Seen
Tier one
AO
Rig
Truck (by gheys with tiny trucks)
EDC

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Smoke show
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
YMMV

People say things like, "It was hot yesterday in my AO, YMMV".
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Anymore
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
You should have put poll on your pole.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Of.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Apparently it is not search.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Are we talking about the most OVERUSED terms, or the most MISUSED terms? As far as MISUSED terms:

The boomer / millennial thing has already been covered. Ironically, it seems to be the actual members of the baby-boomer generation that get the most upset about generational issues, and who most frequently use the terms inappropriately (everyone younger than them is a millennial). But errors are made in both directions.

Libertarian vs libertarian. Most of the time, the people that describe themselves as either one really just want no rules at all.

Freedom vs liberty. Usually used interchangeably (they’re not) by people who call themselves a L- or l-ibertarian, who are, once again, actually arguing for no laws at all.

Pipe-hitters. These are crack-addicted thugs who hurt people for money, or drugs. It’s been misused so much I think the actual definition might be changing.

They’re / there / their.  Very commonly misused.

Breath / breathe.  This would actually be my vote for #1.  I think there have only been 2 or 3 posts in all of 2022 where these words were actually used CORRECTLY. My OCD just about killed me during Covid wiith all of the “I can’t breath” and “It hurts to take a breathe” comments.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I knew there was a sale on ammo I would of gone to the gun store.

Drives me nuts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of.
If I knew there was a sale on ammo I would of gone to the gun store.

Drives me nuts.

What kind of prices does your gun store sale ammo for?
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Loose.

View Quote

Came to post this. People typing "loose" in place of "lose."

Can't count the times I typed out a correction and hit the back button.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ending a sentence with anymore.
View Quote

I haven't seen anyone do that anymore.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I find it slightly concerning you know that.

Half your age +7 is the acceptable rule.
View Quote

I find it slightly concerning he is wrong, too.

None of those labels have a gender attachment.

While it’s probably dated, the more useful defining terms for an offender would be preferential molester or situational molester.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#19]
“Such and such, a moment of your time please”
“So and so, step inside please”

2 phrases that reveal narcissists or sociopathic tendencies.

This is the internet, people will jump all over a request for help cause that’s what normal people do. People that would not bend to help others feel they need to sugar coat to coax people to help. It’s a really odd and interesting thing to figure out about people online.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#21]
23 yo teacher fucks 17 yo student ...

PEDOPHILE!!!!!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Sale
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sometimes it seems like GD hears a word or acronym and with no research invents their own definition and runs with it.

What was most misused in 2022?
View Quote

Lately, its been "grift"
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I do find it difficult to take anyone seriously, who insists on using "cuck" in a sentence unironically - especially in a political context.

Its popularity does seem to be mercifully fading (at least in GD), so maybe that's not the best example.

"Boomer" is more of a mindset descriptor than a defined range of birth years (as used here and elsewhere), but it's definitely feeling a bit tired and lazy.

"Based" is starting to become a meaningless catch-all, and while I'm at it - the whole edgelord alt-right thing in general has kind of worn my patience a little thin. It's gone from cheeky and fun, to cruel and tragic.
View Quote

Perjorative du jour. Words lose their meaning.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are we talking about the most OVERUSED terms, or the most MISUSED terms? As far as MISUSED terms:

The boomer / millennial thing has already been covered. Ironically, it seems to be the actual members of the baby-boomer generation that get the most upset about generational issues, and who most frequently use the terms inappropriately (everyone younger than them is a millennial). But errors are made in both directions.

Libertarian vs libertarian. Most of the time, the people that describe themselves as either one really just want no rules at all.

Freedom vs liberty. Usually used interchangeably (they’re not) by people who call themselves a L- or l-ibertarian, who are, once again, actually arguing for no laws at all.

Pipe-hitters. These are crack-addicted thugs who hurt people for money, or drugs. It’s been misused so much I think the actual definition might be changing.

They’re / there / their.  Very commonly misused.

Breath / breathe.  This would actually be my vote for #1.  I think there have only been 2 or 3 posts in all of 2022 where these words were actually used CORRECTLY. My OCD just about killed me during Covid wiith all of the “I can’t breath” and “It hurts to take a breathe” comments.
View Quote

Tell me you don’t know what you are talking about without actually saying you don’t know what you see talking about
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#27]
A lot of contender responses, however 1st Amendment is the least understood, and not just on ARFCOM.

First Amendment;

Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech.

Congress

Not states, not business, not commercial employers, not news outlets, not Twitter, not Facebook, not ARFCOM, the list goes on and on.

Congress, Law, abridging the freedom of speech
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A lot of contender responses, however 1st Amendment is the least understood, and not just on ARFCOM.

First Amendment;

Congress

Not states, not business, not commercial employers, not news outlets, not Twitter, not Facebook, not ARFCOM, the list goes on and on.

View Quote

Uh, if the private entity proves to be acting under guidance or contract of a state entity or pursuing a governmental interest it most certainly can be found guilty of violating First Amendment rights.  It’s proving that many of these social media firms may have directly conspired with government agencies to limit protected speech…
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I do find it difficult to take anyone seriously, who insists on using "cuck" in a sentence unironically - especially in a political context.

Its popularity does seem to be mercifully fading (at least in GD), so maybe that's not the best example.

"Boomer" is more of a mindset descriptor than a defined range of birth years (as used here and elsewhere), but it's definitely feeling a bit tired and lazy.

"Based" is starting to become a meaningless catch-all, and while I'm at it - the whole edgelord alt-right thing in general has kind of worn my patience a little thin. It's gone from cheeky and fun, to cruel and tragic.
View Quote
You could replace certain phrases with "when I lick bum taint" or something similar
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:05:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Freedom.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:09:16 AM EDT
[#31]
OP going full retard.  Never go full retard, OP.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Kit
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Ukraine Bro
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Salad days
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:18:35 AM EDT
[#35]
eXpecially
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#36]
All of the sudden
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#37]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#38]
"Literally"

There are some retards in GD whom are a sad parody of the liberals they despise

"Cuck" is another one. It's like they found out about the word 5 years too late and try and use it as much as possible to show everyone else they're in on it too
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Girl Ive been seeing used the term “simp” a couple times this weekend, I guess it’s jumped the shark.

Once, while watching Burn Notice and Michael started crying to a chick. Then telling me about an underwear model she used to date who she dumped because he was “too nice”
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#40]
"LNIB''

As bad as ''mint condition'' is when it comes to vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fudd
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Honorable mentions: Cope and seethe.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Uh, if the private entity proves to be acting under guidance or contract of a state entity or pursuing a governmental interest it most certainly can be found guilty of violating First Amendment rights.  It’s proving that many of these social media firms may have directly conspired with government agencies to limit protected speech…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First Amendment;

Congress

Perfectly fine for the FBI to do it because they are not Congress.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ending a sentence with anymore.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I haven't seen anyone do that anymore.
View Quote

I see it all the time on here anymore.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fudd
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Oooh, the boomers are angry
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Using the word anymore at the end of a sentence?
View Quote

Like "I need help with my rifle short stroking anymore."
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#49]
shoot your dag
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Conservative
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top