[#1]
Prolly, "prolly."
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Moran.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Run.

I'm running an LG washer dryer combo 2022 Delta Apex model with extra hooker level suction to dry my clothes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prolly, "prolly."
View Quote

Prolly.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Uh, if the private entity proves to be acting under guidance or contract of a state entity or pursuing a governmental interest it most certainly can be found guilty of violating First Amendment rights.  It’s proving that many of these social media firms may have directly conspired with government agencies to limit protected speech…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of contender responses, however 1st Amendment is the least understood, and not just on ARFCOM.

First Amendment;

Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech.

Congress

Not states, not business, not commercial employers, not news outlets, not Twitter, not Facebook, not ARFCOM, the list goes on and on.

Congress, Law, abridging the freedom of speech

Uh, if the private entity proves to be acting under guidance or contract of a state entity or pursuing a governmental interest it most certainly can be found guilty of violating First Amendment rights.  It’s proving that many of these social media firms may have directly conspired with government agencies to limit protected speech…

My point is proven.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My point is proven.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of contender responses, however 1st Amendment is the least understood, and not just on ARFCOM.

First Amendment;

Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech.

Congress

Not states, not business, not commercial employers, not news outlets, not Twitter, not Facebook, not ARFCOM, the list goes on and on.

Congress, Law, abridging the freedom of speech

My point is proven.

Maybe “rights” is a misunderstood term as well.

Government was recognized as a necessary evil and its only valid purpose is to PROTECT rights, not grant them. For that to be true, the rights have to exist before, and independent from, the government. If rights can ONLY be violated by government, it would be irrational to create a government to protect them. It would make more sense to prohibit any government from forming at all.

By virtue of being alive, you have a right to speech, worship, self-defense, etc. Without that foundation, the entire constitution and BOR becomes invalid, because you’re essentially saying you have no rights among other men, so there is nothing there for government to protect, so there is no need for government to exist at all.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Flawless/Flawlessly
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
RINO
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I nominate "neocon".  I guarantee you that most people here who use the word could not accurately tell you what a neocon is if their lives depended upon it.  Any thread involving John Bolton provides substantial evidence of this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Communism.
View Quote

I'd say this
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Not guilty.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ending a sentence with anymore.
View Quote

Seriously wtf is that? Might be my least favorite GDism.

But for the poll, it’s incel or simp. People don’t care to look up what they mean before using them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quality
View Quote

Quality would be in the top ten misused words in every year I've been here.  Most people who use the word "quality", mean 'value" instead.  "Quality" in a broad sense means the component or machine or whatever meets all specified requirements.  Something can be a complete PoS and still meet all its requirements.  "Wow, look at the quality of that custom made rifle", is a nonsensical statement.  If something has no documented requirements, there is zero quality involved.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I see it all the time on here anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I haven't seen anyone do that anymore.

I see it all the time on here anymore.

Arfcom is the only place I've ever seen it used like that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#15]
"neckbeard" usage is pretty cringe here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Probably... beans
Or not.

But I am certain it used to be "two weeks"
Glad that has fallen out of favor.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Dag.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top