Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag. How difficult is it to remove the safety? I wanted do do that but was afraid that it would burst into a zillion springs and little parts.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Have the first version but the slide action to cock the sucker broke.

I was keeping it at the firehouse and the guys on shift absolutely loved the thing.

Looking at getting the latest one and I'm digging the optional pieces that yall are turning out.

Need to look on the net to see if accessories are available.

Been having so much fun knocking winged and legged insurgents from this earth, that i hadnt even contemplated accessories. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]
No saftey here, gotta have fast follow-up shots!

I've been grinding my own salts - himilayan is a favorite, plus it's full of healthy minerals, easy to spot for cleanup when necessary. Testing patterns and impact on paper (feel the back side). The slight inconsisencies of particle size seems like a good approach. A better grinder is on the to-get list.

Need to check the spring mod, some of these armored critters are tough (like giant wolf spiders and wasps/nests - you may very well get stung with a saftey, they *will* chase you down).

Maybe a choke is in my future, then a sighting system.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't think I got to even 50 shots before the damn thing broke. It's just a gimmick toy at best.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine must have been a Gen. 1. Several years have gone by now. Don't think I got to even 50 shots before the damn thing broke. It's just a gimmick toy at best.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had my 2.0 for a while, wanted to get in on the kickstarter years ago.

My "rear iron" sight keeps falling down.
Salt clumps after a while, the gun requires cleaning because it can fail to feed. The company told me to pour hot water in the salt hopper. Fixed the issue, unfortunately my missfire shot air at a pissed off wasp.

I emailed them a few years ago asking if they can make a tacticool one.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Salt clumps after a while, the gun requires cleaning because it can fail to feed. The company told me to pour hot water in the salt hopper. Fixed the issue, unfortunately my missfire shot air at a pissed off wasp.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330153/20170627-011719-239756.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330153/20170627-011610-239755.JPG
View Quote
Who the hell would return a $35 toy for a warranty issue?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330153/20170627-011719-239756.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330153/20170627-011610-239755.JPG
View Quote
Thats a sight? I thought it was a chamber indicator. I don't need no stink'in sight
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
a friend gave me one.  I keep forgetting about it when there's a bug
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Put that printer to use! Let's see a 3D printed stock, or adapter for an ar15 RE and stock
View Quote
Waiting on my letter from the ATF tech branch!

Quoted:
Tag. How difficult is it to remove the safety? I wanted do do that but was afraid that it would burst into a zillion springs and little parts.
View Quote
Easy, takes 10 minutes.  Pull all the screws from the one side and split the clamshell.   You can see the safety parts in the back. Just take out the items I have pictured previously in this thread.

Quoted:
Have the first version but the slide action to cock the sucker broke.

I was keeping it at the firehouse and the guys on shift absolutely loved the thing.

Looking at getting the latest one and I'm digging the optional pieces that yall are turning out.

Need to look on the net to see if accessories are available.

Been having so much fun knocking winged and legged insurgents from this earth, that i hadnt even contemplated accessories. 
View Quote
I think I'm the only one making accessories for these.   Haven't been able to find anything else.  

Let me know if you want something pictured here. I'll work you a deal.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:26:28 AM EDT
[#11]
So did all my photos go dead on photobucket?
What image hosting is everyone using these days?

I got in my new bug-a-salt today.  I did the safety delete and took step by step pictures. I'll post if I can find a new image hosting site that doesn't hit bandwidth limits in 2 days.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What image hosting is everyone using these days?
View Quote
One reason I spent the $60 here.  I haven't posted pictures to any other forum in other a year anyway so I'm just worried about here.  

Something you pay for will give you the best chance of not getting screwed with.

I still need to try mine out, and get some better "ammo" for it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top