BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Credit card processing companies like Fiserv make a fucktton processing EBT payments.

Not to mention supermarkets and gas stations are gonna be pissed

Too many special interests making money off of EBT waste.
View Quote
This and more.
Convenience stores, WalMart, etc.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fucking awesome. This is what the program should have been all along.
View Quote
That's what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
other crimes will increase
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem is, this will never happen. Con-gress would have to pass it.
It's just red meat for conservatives. I wish it were true. It would change America.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Credit card processing companies like Fiserv make a fucktton processing EBT payments.

View Quote
Yup.

I'm gonna predict this will get opposition from all sorts of "unexpected" places.

Walmart, and other grocers, for instance.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Make government cheese great again !!

(Makes awesome grilled cheese sammitches BTW).
View Quote
Ha! We were broke AF growing up, single Mom, 3 boys and my Grandma was disabled and lived with us. She was on the meals on wheels things to bring her food while we were all at work/school. The meals on wheels people saw how little we had and were trying to get my Mom to sign up for welfare Aid for families or whatever it was called. My Mom refused but they would still leave food for us in our fridge while we were gone. We'd come home and there would be gallons of milk that only said MILK on it, no name brand, and those big ass boxes of the delicious government cheese. I don't know what is was but yeah, that stuff made the best grilled cheese sandwiches.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy fuck! I can't wait to see the zombie outbreak this might create. This will be awesome
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]
You ever see a homeless guy on the street with a sign saying he's hungry, asking for $$ for food?

Ever offer to buy him a sandwich and see what he says? Sometimes they accept. Many times they don't. They just want the money.

This proposal is similarly aimed at seeing what the reaction is.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Locally the ladies buy their staples with their EBT card and their liquor, cigarettes, and scratchers with a second card.
View Quote
Same here...

I'm all for the food boxes.

Let the howling from the left begin!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#10]
We need to pump those numbers up...Those are rookie cutbacks...1 third cut back...
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]
As awesome as that would be, it would never happen, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Is powdered milk still a thing?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol, that oughta ruffle some feathers
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
other crimes will increase
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#15]
this is not a bad idea.  We pay farmers subsidies NOT to grow food, and we pay welfare recipients to buy food.

Pay the farmers to grow food, and use it for the welfare needs.

it's how the mormon church does food welfare, and it works really well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Make Milk Powdered Again!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Democraps will hate this even though it provides healthy food. I've been wanting this for a while, turn in your card, and every week pick up your box of healthy and in season produce. It's like getting those boxes that cost 40 bucks, I liked gettin g them but the contents didn't come close to the price.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey if we are feeding them we might as well dictate what they are eating. Come up with something like "HelloFresh / BlueApron" but more simple and cheaper for people on the benefits, its everything for a full meal in a box/bag, all the spices and stuff too all you gotta do is chop it up and cook it. Good healthy meals, not just cheap slop, and make it so they pick it up at their local city/town hall or welfare office once a week. Could be done for a fraction of what SNAP and current EBT programs cost.

But it will be called racist because they cant buy sodas and snickers bars for their 19 kids and they will say its not enough food and they will say "dey gonna starve" while weighing 400 pounds. How is Jamal supposed to survive on nothing but oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, a school lunch in the afternoon, and chicken with rice and a vegetable at dinner?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Holy fuck! I can't wait to see the zombie outbreak this might create. This will be awesome
View Quote
No freak out, cause this has zero chance of passing.

All that special interest money in Washington gonna be flowing, just like big biz and their love for cheap labor.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish this could happen
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh lord Jesus, please let this happen.

Attachment Attached File

If it does, Trump will become the greatest President of our time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmm, I wonder what The Donald is doing with his other hand?

Get the Dems in an uproar over something like this then quietly slip through what he really wanted to do...this wouldn't be the first time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#24]
“Aw Hell, no,  Homey don’t play dat,”
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
this is not a bad idea.  We pay farmers subsidies NOT to grow food, and we pay welfare recipients to buy food.

Pay the farmers to grow food, and use it for the welfare needs.

it's how the mormon church does food welfare, and it works really well.
View Quote
Maybe they shouldn't create mouths that they cannot feed!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But not beer or cigarettes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I missing something? Sounds like they still would be able to get the good stuff, steak, chicken, fish.
But not beer or cigarettes.
I didn’t think you could buy those on food stamps but you could still use your welfare check that’s also tied to the same EBT card as the “stamps”.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I am 100% behind this.

In all honesty, I'd like the opportunity to pay cash money for a box like that, especially at federal government "bulk buy" prices. I have a hard time feeding beef, pork, and chicken that's grown in America and not pumped full of salt water.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lets not forgot the processed food companies like Nabisco, pepsi, Coke etc that get a lions share of the SNAP dollars.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I love my president most of the time. This is one of those times.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Aint no cheese like government cheese

5-10 dollars for 5 pound on the black "no pun intended" market.

Damn I miss government cheese

Walmart stock does not approve this message.  Let them eat beans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make government cheese great again !!

(Makes awesome grilled cheese sammitches BTW).
Aint no cheese like government cheese

5-10 dollars for 5 pound on the black "no pun intended" market.

Damn I miss government cheese

Walmart stock does not approve this message.  Let them eat beans
We'll let Walmart handle logistics and distribution. They in turn can sub contract out local distribution to mom & pop corner stores to serve the transportationally disadvantaged.  Amazon can handle home delivery for the handicapped.

Private/Public partnerships baby! Get your daily calorie allowance here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#31]
The truth? A ploy?

Whatever it is or isn't, I'm in for the meltdown!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#32]
The welfare portion of food stamps goes way beyond the poor.  A huge component of it is supporting domestic agriculture/food production.  If you read the original legislation, strengthening the agricultural economy was one of the express purposes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#33]
This makes sense on so many levels.
It truly becomes help not a hand-out to be bartered for cash.
It will likely reduce some cost of the current program's bureaucratic mess.
If it can be done, get it done.

Quoted:
In what would be one of the biggest shakeups of the U.S. food-stamp program in its five-decade history, President Donald Trump is proposing to slash cash payments and substitute them with "100 percent American grown food" given to recipients.

The changes, outlined Monday in Trump’s budget proposal, would reshape the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, which supports roughly one in eight Americans, by reducing cash spending by about one-third from current levels.

The plan is part of an effort to reform SNAP and save a projected $214 billion over a decade. It would give all households receiving more than $90 a month in cash a food-aid package that would "include items such as shelf-stable milk, ready to eat cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned fruit, vegetables, and meat, poultry or fish," according to the proposal.

The so-called USDA America’s Harvest Box "is a bold, innovative approach to providing nutritious food to people who need assistance feeding themselves and their families -- and all of it is home grown by American farmers and producers," Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue said in a statement. The program would provide food-stamp recipients with "the same level of food value" as the current system, Perdue added.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-12/trump-budget-swaps-food-stamps-for-100-percent-american-food
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No, most of the problem is too many hoes getting the seed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seeds and a hoe.
No, most of the problem is too many hoes getting the seed.
Nice
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I love the idea and hope it happens, but I don't believe it ever will. Even if it did I am sure there would be a waiver program for people with a "special diet" or for religious reasons. Also, homeless people would say they don't have a place to store their food boxes. I really really like it and hope it happens, but there will be tons of crap to overcome.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am 100% behind this.

In all honesty, I'd like the opportunity to pay cash money for a box like that, especially at federal government "bulk buy" prices. I have a hard time feeding beef, pork, and chicken that's grown in America and not pumped full of salt water.
View Quote
No shit
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck yeah, not as good as cutting off all snap/food stamps but a gazillion times better than letting them buy damn-near anything they want...
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Every Monday the USPS leaves this on your porch

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Food Stamps should have been administered like WIC (Women Infants and Children) all along. With WIC, the mother receives vouchers every few months which have VERY detailed lists of what she may get with them. Hell, kids age 2 and up can't even get whole milk, thy have to get skim, 1 1/2%, or a couple of other healthy options. Everything available through WIC is the healthiest options, such as whole wheat or the equivalent.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck yes.

#NoMoreFoodDeserts
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Put the distribution center right next to the job office.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#43]
So here's a question. I've seen this more than once when I'm at the grocery store.

A lady on welfare will have the food on the conveyor belt at the checkout line but broken out into different piles of food and they will have a check on top of each pile.  I hope I explained that well enough.

Anyone have any idea what's going on there?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Now the thing is shelf stable milk. It's irradiated and basically biologically inert. Used to get that stuff in the field when I was a soldier. It didn't suck.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Locally the ladies buy their staples with their EBT card and their liquor, cigarettes, and scratchers with a second card.
View Quote
The ghettomarts around here just keep a laminated sheet of bar codes next to the register. They scan booze and smokes as EBT eligible item UPCs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#46]
IN BEFORE:

Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Kang sized kit-kat bars included?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I see a business opportunity. The same companies that now benefit can continue to do so, but on a wholesale level. The boxes need to be manufactured and delivered to a packing facility. They then need to be filled and distributed. To be a recipient, one must fill X number of boxes per week/month/quarter. All of this activity needs to be managed. Contracts would need to be let and the work organized. It could be a win for everybody involved except the taxpayers that are robbed in order to fund this legalized crime.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I love it! The best part is how this takes the liberal “food desert” claim out of play. How can they be against food delivered to their voters? Isn’t that what they want?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yup.

I'm gonna predict this will get opposition from all sorts of "unexpected" places.
View Quote
You mean from "republicans"?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top