BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sure does!  

Have you even seen a Busa pull a trailer?
View Quote

Nope, but I believe it could!
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure does!  

Have you even seen a Busa pull a trailer?

If it can haul this around then it can certainly pull a trailer.  A heavy trailer.  That guy weighs more than the usual family of 5 in India riding on the same bike.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
a busa is actually a fantastic touring bike.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The Hayabusa is a bad ass bike, stretched bling bullshit like pictured is garbage...
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've always wanted one.
View Quote

You’d be disappointed, seriously.

Never meet your heroes, the Busa hasn’t been a relevant bike in a long time. They aren’t fast anymore, handling hasn’t gotten any better, and there are quicker bikes out there if you want something comfortable to ride that can still shake the fat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
That is the perfect beginner bike.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a Hayabusa

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Bars are too low and not enough leg room.

It’s an ok sport touring bike if you can live with the weight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You’d be disappointed, seriously.

Never meet your heroes, the Busa hasn’t been a relevant bike in a long time. They aren’t fast anymore, handling hasn’t gotten any better, and there are quicker bikes out there if you want something comfortable to ride that can still shake the fat.
View Quote

Have you ridden one or are you spewing this because you read some tech specs?  The first gen Busa still does an awful lot right, plus a motor that pulls from as little as 2500rpm is amazing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bar risers + Heli bars.

Mine has been on numerous week long trips covering 500+miles per day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#12]
no la cucaracha, no care.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a Suzuki fan and I really don't like those bikes.

The powertrains are pretty awesome for sandrails, open wheel street cars, and stuff like that though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ok, I understand your point but I disagree.

Had an ‘84 Honda Nighthawk 450T I turned into a cafe racer.
Drop bars, bikini fairing, new tank and saddle. Also punched the 450 out to over 500.

And yes, we lengthened the swing arm. It was re-geared for a 0-60 focus. Stoplight to stoplight cruising.
Topped out at about 95, but torquey as hell. Would stand up if you weren’t paying attention.

Longer swing arms are fashionable now, but they have a place on powerful bikes like Hayabusa’s. Which are beasts.
Liter+ sport bikes are more than most anyone needs.
Coming from a previous Katana 1100 owner.
View Quote

I do believe, most of your information is a bit....dated.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#15]
there is a certain demographic who buys those but coc and all.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:41:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, parking on a sidewalk is a douche look at me move.

Ouch     https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/EDD84AB5-1E4D-4829-8D3D-5EE4833E79A8_jpe-2674721.JPG
Ridiculous, I think it's a solid move. There is no need for the bike to be taking up a full spot, if it doesn't restrict the sidewalk. More "if I can't, you can't" mentality, like lane splitting in gridlock traffic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#17]
That's for riders that can't drop a knee.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:11:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ridiculous, I think it's a solid move. There is no need for the bike to be taking up a full spot, if it doesn't restrict the sidewalk. More "if I can't, you can't" mentality, like lane splitting in gridlock traffic.
View Quote

Parking in San Francisco is tough to find during weekdays and 7 days a week during summertime
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:38:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How did I not notice the speaker under the handlebars facing vertically?
View Quote

I'm not entirely sure that's what that is....I actually own a hayabusa and that opening there is for air flow.
In fat there isn't much room right there.
It kind looks like he bought screen grates to dress it up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The CBR1100XX is the better bike.

The Hayabusa is certainly the more extreme bike.
View Quote

That’s inaccurate. They were only 100cc heavier than the liter bike but much larger and heavier. The mph difference was only a few more than the 1k.

Hayabusa in Japanese is a falcon that dives at 200 and preys on blackbirds. True story.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Never seen a caucasion ride one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep, people that say a busa can't corner can't ride.
View Quote

Corner on the street and actual corner are not the same thing.

Ive seen them on the track, a track that has very tight corners and is pretty much perfect for 600s.

The busa is a joke there. 300s going around them on corners. They couldnt carry enough speed back out to come close to catching 600s on the straight.

They do not corner for shit.... Plus, they are ugly as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stock versions actually make decent sport tourers.

View Quote

ummmmm......
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Was he wearing an American Fighter or BRC shirt?
View Quote

Tapout
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#25]
It's still death on a stick.  I KNOW I don't have the intuition nor skill to ride ANY bike anymore.  To give you an idea my last ride was on a V-Max and I went about a mile before I brought it back to my friend.  God bless all of you who ride with all the assholes on the street now.  I just cant resist the "twist of the wrist" feeling and absolutely know that If I ever rode again I would outpace my guardian angel.  My friends have all wrecked or been down hard.  One on a FJ 1200 at 120 (still alive) and another on a ZX-13.  My friend owns a Ducati shop.......
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dude probably rides rides wearing a wife beater, shorts and flip flops.
View Quote

With his 400# Queen on the back.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A motorcycle is just like a firearm, the moment you don't respect it (regardless of CCs) it will hurt kill you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yup.  I had an 03 that I actually raised an inch.  Put handlebar risers on it and lowered the foot pegs.  Great for 200 mile rides and soaked up the curves with ease.
View Quote

"soaked up the curves with ease"

wellllll, yeah, guess we have different definitions of that

having worn out a lot of knee pucks in my life, and riden a busa, not sure I would put those two together

it ain't bad, but
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ugly fucking piece of ghetto shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

having worn out a lot of knee pucks in my life, and riden a busa, not sure I would put those two together

it ain't bad, but
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  I had an 03 that I actually raised an inch.  Put handlebar risers on it and lowered the foot pegs.  Great for 200 mile rides and soaked up the curves with ease.

it ain't bad, but

We had a member that got one of his racing certs on a busa and would sometimes even take students on the back. If cruisers can soak up thousands of miles a year a Busa certainly can.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sure does!  

Have you even seen a Busa pull a trailer?  The one in my avatar pulls a single wheel trailer to anywhere it's curvy then I and the wife tear it up until the rear tire gets snotty and we have to park for a while it and let the tire cool down.
View Quote

Which trailer do you have if you don't mind. I would really like a Uni-Go, but that company is super questionable right now. I do think I have caught the single wheel bug though!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#32]
A cheap way to go really fast, mostly in a straight line.

Extended swingarm and flat spot on the rear tell me he doesn't do many track days.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Have you ridden one or are you spewing this because you read some tech specs?  The first gen Busa still does an awful lot right, plus a motor that pulls from as little as 2500rpm is amazing.
View Quote

No, ridden 3 of them. I am a high time superbike pilot with 17 bikes, mostly superbikes, under my belt. Doing “an awful lot right” and “pulls from as low as 2500rpm” are relative observations on your part. There are better touring bikes, better sport touring bikes, and definitely better sport bikes. Anymore, about all the Busa has to offer is that is relatively easy to ride and stable for the job it was designed to do, which is to fast in a straight line. Even in 2005 my GSXR1000 (still have it btw) was faster than a stock Busa, I’d hate to think how bad a Busa would get shellacked by my R1M in a straight line and rectally violated by my wife’s Street Triple 765 RS in anything that looks like a corner and I’d take that bike;s comfort and drivability over the Busa’s any day.

When it came out in 1998, the the first gen Busa was really something. It was 30hp or so up on my then new R1 and after 3rd or 4th at about 140mph the Busa would just walk away like it was easy. 1998 was a loooong time ago, and a lot changes in 25 years. Busas sell on reputation-they aren’t horrible bikes when stock, but other bikes just do it better.

My Dad and I both had ZX-11’s when they were hot shit in the early-mid 90’s, that was dad’s last bike and he’s blissfully convinced that nothing is as good or fast as that bike was. I remember a heavy behemoth of a bike that suffered horrible compression damping, had mediocre brakes and an engine that was only happy when you were beating the dog out of it. It’s all relative to what you know and what kind of experience you have and are looking forward to. My wife and I both do 700+ mile days on rides with our sport touring club. I can ride a superbike hard enough to flex the frame, a Busa is the wrong bike for sport touring unless you like wrestling with a 600lb bike and being tired when you get to the hotel, and the leg room and reach to the bars is fine for around town but I’d wish I was on something else 2 hours into a ride at a moderate pace.

Again, it’s all relative. ARFCOM at large has never ridden a Busa and would probably need therapy after a 3rd gear pull to redline on one but to people that know bikes and have ridden them, they are a rebadged quarter century old bike that never got the real refresh and updates the bike deserved over the decades.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm a Suzuki fan and I really don't like those bikes.

The powertrains are pretty awesome for sandrails, open wheel street cars, and stuff like that though.
View Quote

Suzuki does in-line 4’s better than the other Japanese companies and BMW was impressed enough to copy them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Op: everyone here in GD has at least a turbo busa.

Get out of here with that weak shit.
View Quote

Some of us actually do. I do. 325hp 175lb-ft
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

it also falls under a touring bike for insurance ,  not a sports bike.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We had a member that got one of his racing certs on a busa and would sometimes even take students on the back. If cruisers can soak up thousands of miles a year a Busa certainly can.
View Quote

More like “a racer on this site takes other dudes  out for laps and circulates to show new riders the racing line thru corners”.

Even stripped down and track prepped a Busa is always going to be like an elephant on rollerskates in corners. Being able to say that someone has done it is not the same as saying he was competitive on it against proper racing bikes. We are literally talking about enough weight difference between a proper track bike to be equivalent to racing against other bikes with better suspension, better geometry, better brakes, better power deliver,…… and doing it with a buddy on the back.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Some of us actually do. I do. 325hp 175lb-ft
View Quote

325 at the tire will put some lead in your pencil…
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, ridden 3 of them. I am a high time superbike pilot with 17 bikes, mostly superbikes, under my belt. Doing “an awful lot right” and “pulls from as low as 2500rpm” are relative observations on your part. There are better touring bikes, better sport touring bikes, and definitely better sport bikes. Anymore, about all the Busa has to offer is that is relatively easy to ride and stable for the job it was designed to do, which is to fast in a straight line. Even in 2005 my GSXR1000 (still have it btw) was faster than a stock Busa, I’d hate to think how bad a Busa would get shellacked by my R1M in a straight line and rectally violated by my wife’s Street Triple 765 RS in anything that looks like a corner and I’d take that bike;s comfort and drivability over the Busa’s any day.

When it came out in 1998, the the first gen Busa was really something. It was 30hp or so up on my then new R1 and after 3rd or 4th at about 140mph the Busa would just walk away like it was easy. 1998 was a loooong time ago, and a lot changes in 25 years. Busas sell on reputation-they aren’t horrible bikes when stock, but other bikes just do it better.

My Dad and I both had ZX-11’s when they were hot shit in the early-mid 90’s, that was dad’s last bike and he’s blissfully convinced that nothing is as good or fast as that bike was. I remember a heavy behemoth of a bike that suffered horrible compression damping, had mediocre brakes and an engine that was only happy when you were beating the dog out of it. It’s all relative to what you know and what kind of experience you have and are looking forward to. My wife and I both do 700+ mile days on rides with our sport touring club. I can ride a superbike hard enough to flex the frame, a Busa is the wrong bike for sport touring unless you like wrestling with a 600lb bike and being tired when you get to the hotel, and the leg room and reach to the bars is fine for around town but I’d wish I was on something else 2 hours into a ride at a moderate pace.

Again, it’s all relative. ARFCOM at large has never ridden a Busa and would probably need therapy after a 3rd gear pull to redline on one but to people that know bikes and have ridden them, they are a rebadged quarter century old bike that never got the real refresh and updates the bike deserved over the decades.
View Quote

This has to be copypasta
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ugly fucking piece of ghetto shit.
View Quote

100% Nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

100% Nailed it.
View Quote

Too $hort - The Ghetto (Official Video)
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Have always had big bore Suzukis.

GS 1150es's
GS 1100e
GS 1000 Katana
And now a Hayabusa.

I love it.

At 60 I am nowhere near as good as I was (Not that good to begin with), it is very fun to ride though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bar risers + Heli bars.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bar risers + Heli bars.

I've seen a couple set up in what I call cruise missile mode.  I'd probably either decorate the roadside, or end up in cuffs.  I'm impressed I never got in serious trouble on my Ducati sport tourer, and triple digits were not uncommon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#44]
ghetto rocket.

any 600 would smoke it in the twisties...........
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That's for riders that can't drop a knee.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I want to say 2016ish to 2018ish. I was 556 (of course), used to hang out with Sean Kingsbury and Mark Rhodes.
View Quote
Mark still doing dirt modifieds yet?

What class did you run? I ran LWF40 on a SV650 with ducati bodywork (EX#14)
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This has to be copypasta
View Quote

No, just an educated perspective.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Which trailer do you have if you don't mind. I would really like a Uni-Go, but that company is super questionable right now. I do think I have caught the single wheel bug though!
View Quote

Mine is a third wheel trailer, we have pulled it over 10,000 miles.

https://thirdwheeltrailers.com/

If you have any questions PM me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have owned over 20 motorcycles, everything from a Honda Grom to a CBR1000rr, so I might have just a little basis for my statements.  And I actually put miles on, my 954 had over 30,000 miles when sold, the rest use to get similar miles put on.  After all those bikes, a KLR650 and the Gen 2 Busa will be staying.  Both have upgraded suspension and brakes.  Both are not the fastest or the quickest, I really don't care, because they are the bikes that make me smile every time I get on them.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top