Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some of my deaf ASL instructors were expressive,  but not THAT expressive unless they were trying to be funny or telling a joke.

But yeah, some interpreters take it too far.

Mist deaf expression is often limited to the raising and lowering of eyebrows and mouth shapes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ASL teaching these days emphasizes being expressive.

In this context is just distracting.

Some of my deaf ASL instructors were expressive,  but not THAT expressive unless they were trying to be funny or telling a joke.

Mist deaf expression is often limited to the raising and lowering of eyebrows and mouth shapes.

I remember the interpreter for Governor Sununu during his Covid news conferences. As distracting as a court jester with all of the exaggerated facial expressions, so much so that it was impossible to pay attention to what the Governor was saying.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I teach active shooter classes to businesses and other groups.  When run, hide, fight comes up; I point that it isnt a linear progression.   One strategy can set up another and you employ whichever is appropriate based off the situation you are in. In fact I just taught a course yesterday and we were talking about how I may run from the initial attack in order to hide and then ambush the attacker.  People that teach the linear progression are approaching it from a liability reduction perspective and ignore the little part in the curriculum that says something along the lines of  "make your best determination of what is occurring and which of the options below will provide the greatest degree of security for you".

In this case, I cant fault people for running if they are in a wide open space like a bowling alley and they are dealing with an attacker who is armed with a rifle (and has some degree of skill) and they arent within arms reach of the guy.....more so if they are there with their family.   If people are honest with themselves, running is going to be the first thing most of them are going to think about and do      regardless of the bravado they might express to others and the situation they are in.   Having the willingness to fight is something that cant be taught in an AS class. You simply give people options and it is on them to do what they are going to do.
View Quote
Totally agree at the initial seek cover.

I don't think many people have the "counter attack" part automatically set as the next action...they are more of the "oppum in the stairway" types :/
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#3]
its a sad day in America when you cant take your kids bowling without the risk of being shot, hope they show him less mercy than he provided his victims.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't think many people have the "counter attack" part automatically set as the next action...they are more of the "oppum in the stairway" types :/
View Quote

Stress inoculation is a thing and not many people have it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Family and a soldier who started his training with him indicated that this was an acute breakdown.  

As a leader, he led by respect, rather than fear.  Quiet, easy going guy.  Never saw combat, but well trained and one of the top shooters in their unit.  Navigation and outdoor skills are strong as well.

Seems he’s never had a cross word with anyone and had one DUI a while back.  Could be really any one of us.  So what causes someone to snap.  Many on here could have made comments, in a time of weakness or anger, be evaluated, then released.  Freedom comes at a price.  How do we prevent mental illness from escalating, without trampling one’s right to freedom.  Everyone has to be held accountable for their actions, regardless of their mental state.  But tagging and bagging him doesn’t bring us any closer to the answers we seek. It’s less than he deserves, but yields no gain for the future.

Why can’t we spot this sooner, at a level where it makes sense to legally restrain a person (commit them, treat them, etc.)?

Why do these shooters go for unarmed, random citizens?  I don’t believe it’s always cowardice.  Especially this time.  
What motivates them to a mass killing, instead of just a fight?  They rarely believe they’ll walk away, so what message to they hope to leave. Rational questions to an irrational scenario, I know.   Leading me back to, if mentally ill, why does this acute episode send a guy to a bowling alley and not the Whitehouse lawn (he wasn’t a fan of Biden), or some other figment of authority?

Lastly, send in the military or BORTAC.  BORTAC found our escapee in shorter, in PA last month. He, too, was a very skilled outdoorsman.  Cops literally walked within 5 feet of him and never saw him.  Made it across several counties, carefully staking out, then stealing vehicles and supplies as he went along.   He would have made, if he zigged to Philly or Norristown, instead of zagging to a more rural area, where he hoped friends would help and they didn’t.
View Quote

BORTAC is on scene now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In New England/Canada during the winter? Uh, no.

They said the same thing about Rudolph and it turned out he was stealing left and right and squatting in abandoned homes and other structures. The media loves to play up the Rambo caricature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd bet this pussy is dead already, if he was still alive he would have tried to pull some more shit today.

He's not just hanging out with all that adrenalin and doing nothing.

Unless he's on some heavy drugs to calm himself down, he's dead and I hope that's the case.

Unless his plan is to run and hide in the woods like Eric Ruldolph or Eric Frein.

Experts warned that the 40-year-old deer hunter and Army reservist was well equipped to survive in the wild,

They said the same thing about Rudolph and it turned out he was stealing left and right and squatting in abandoned homes and other structures. The media loves to play up the Rambo caricature.

It is very doable, especially with a little prior planning.

I used to go winter backpacking for fun, by myself, in -30 F weather. Even took my 8 year old son one winter trip and it unexpectedly went down to -35F over night. We were fine.

It certainly can be done by people with the right equipment, knowledge, and experience.

Now add a remote cabin someplace in the north Maine woods where the only travel is by sled because the roads are not plowed and it might even be comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How do you know nobody ran towards the shooter and tried to take him out ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So where is the cucksucker.....how many ELITE Leo do we need? How about hiring some salty vets who can actually get shit done, not tactards in effing team Wendy and multicam with suppressed mk18s......all this money being spent for one dude. Not ONE PERSON ran towards him. People ran away, hit in the bowling pins and let people.die.....grab ur effing BALLS and take the mf OUT. this country has become gummie bear soft. One mf with a revolver could have ended this....but then again the bowling alley prolly has a no guns inside sign on it. Would be perfect irony.

Shits prolly gonna end like Vegas....no motive no guy, no video of shit, nothing.

We know he's been crazy....and yet.......

/rant.

How do you know nobody ran towards the shooter and tried to take him out ?

We already know, Somebody did, with a knife
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#8]

CBP has an Air and Marine Unit that looks for drug boats, over the carribean, @DefMan they are kinda special in that they get anything they ask for "oh you want differnet uniform shoes, done, different holsters , done, different computers , done" lol. Probbly half of them are retired WO's from army. They fly a couple orions, some blackhawks, I think they have a couple cessna' 206's too. Their go fast boats in florida are apparently top notch (i dont know muchabout boats, )
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I remember the interpreter for Governor Sununu during his Covid news conferences. As distracting as a court jester with all of the exaggerated facial expressions, so much so that it was impossible to pay attention to what the Governor was saying.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to derail the thread any further by talking about the Interpreters, but I have had a question for a few years now...

In this day and age, when everyone has a smart phone with voice-to-text ability, closed captioning being a thing for 40 years, and advancements like cochlear implants, why do they need the ASL person at every press conference acting like they are performing an interpretive dance? I mean, ASL is used for face to face between people, but as far as these press conferences and things it seems like more useless government spending and virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Its the worst scenario even if someone was carrying a pistol, you would have to find cover and try to ambush the person with a rifle.  Nobody carries a rifle around for protection usually so being outgunned by someone that knows how to shoot well is a bad situation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Of course.  However, the training for the simple sheep is that Run, Hide, Fight is a sequence:  Run if you can, hide if you can't, fight if you must.  For example:

https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/WindowImages/201822785633902_image.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

However, the "conventional wisdom," the actual training for years now has been, "Run, Hide, Fight."  So everyone ran!  I guess none were armed.  The standing orders for armed people should be different.

Dog the Bounty Hunter was on last night and in his own way said what you are saying.  Forget the cops, send in 300 Marines!  

Run, Hide, Fight are three actions you can take; tt doesnt mean you have to run first, then hide and finally fight. You employ the appropriate technique for the situation you are in.

Of course.  However, the training for the simple sheep is that Run, Hide, Fight is a sequence:  Run if you can, hide if you can't, fight if you must.  For example:

https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/WindowImages/201822785633902_image.png

It depends on who's doing the training. Most employers don't like "fight" because lawyers and insurance actuaries get all squirmy.

That said, when I was doing training at one of our facilities, the police as well as the DHS guys who have some good "free" (our taxes) training online does not stress a sequence rather do what option makes the most sense in your circumstance.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#12]
For those of us that are conspiracy theorists.....

ODD COINCIDENCE: DOJ Warns SCOTUS of Dangerous "Mentally Ill" Gun Owners Hours Before Maine Shooting
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I know some deaf people can’t read or write the same as someone who can hear because they learn English via ASL. One of my buddies posts sentences on Facebook that would make you think he’s severely mentally handicapped, but he’s not.  He just learned English via sign language and it’s structurally different.  Another kid in our youth group that I try and check in on texts in a very similar manner, and he’s brilliant. I don’t know how prevalent this is however.

I’m sure there is a communication difference, and if it really bothered the deaf folks or was not as good a form of communication, they would advocate switching.

Sorry for thread derail.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Everybody runs and hides first. Even police at police stations.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Hunting season notwithstanding. What about Halloween?

One of the nurses I work with lives 20 minutes from there and school is closed still.

How long are people going to stay locked down?

This isn't a judgement thing. I'm wondering if he is planning to show again at another large gathering.

I consider there's 3 courses of action he planned for.

1. Suicide

2. Hit and run until he's killed or he kills a specific target.

3. E&E in the woods
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully they catch this guy soon. My boss grew up in that town and her parents are friends with his parents, small world. They are locked down and scared to go out from what she told me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTdxhpOuylo
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I asked about the cold Maine winters a few pages back and people said it was doable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hopefully they catch this guy soon. My boss grew up in that town and her parents are friends with his parents, small world. They are locked down and scared to go out from what she told me.
View Quote
I'd probably go about my daily life at this point. The guy is either dead or far away.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you referring to "Upham in the stairway" from Saving Private Ryan ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't want to derail the thread any further by talking about the Interpreters, but I have had a question for a few years now...

In this day and age, when everyone has a smart phone with voice-to-text ability, closed captioning being a thing for 40 years, and advancements like cochlear implants, why do they need the ASL person at every press conference acting like they are performing an interpretive dance? I mean, ASL is used for face to face between people, but as far as these press conferences and things it seems like more useless government spending and virtue signaling.
View Quote

You aren't wrong really, but there are reasons. Many live events aren't captioned, especially something like a press conference. Transcripts on phones aren't all that accurate.
Cochlear implants aren't a magic solution either. Especially if you were prelingually deaf. In fact, in the deaf community, there is a very strong prejudice against CI's. They are all about preserving their deaf culture, not being turned onto robots, they were born that way, etc. In fact, the sign used for CI is the same for vampire.
For the record, I have bilateral cochlear implants, lost my hearing post lingually (probably genetic),  and went to public schools.
My exposure to deaf culture was when I started learning sign, and went to the local deaf club many times, before my CI's.

Lastly, if you take note, the fairly recent surge in televised interpretation has been mostly by democrats, possibly feuled by inclusivity, as the deaf tend to vote dem. They are a very small minority of voters overall though. So virtue signaling i guess?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Reports say he heard voices while using hearing aids.  Isn't that the primary purpose of hearing aids - to hear voices?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm pages behind.  Do we know what kind of hearing aids he purchased?  Do they have a Bluetoioth or similar capability?  Where and when did he acquire them?  
https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/maine-shooting-suspect-robert-card-may-have-targeted-places-where-he-claimed-people-insulted-him/

Reports say he heard voices while using hearing aids.  Isn't that the primary purpose of hearing aids - to hear voices?  
We have reports the shooter was hearing voices insulting him.  His family seems to think the voices contributed to him breaking.

Whether the voices were imaginary, projected by bluetooth or some other technology, or just loud whispers intentionally directed at him, someone needs to look into this.

There are currently multiple wars being fought around the globe.  We get threads saying something bad is going to happen Friday the 13th, or Friday the 20th, or within the next 96 hours.  When something bad actually does happen, why do we automatically assume it is unrelated?  Just because he doesn't fit some pre-conceived religious, ancestral or racial profile?  Just because he didn't blow himself up (in a crowded place) with a bomb?

The literature on how to identify people susceptible to manipulation and recruitment is out on the internet.  Whe should not assume adversaries in the global wars are not smart enough to find and use this information.  We like to think people halfway around the world are dumb, but how smart would it be if they figured out a way to attack us when we don't even suspect it was them that controlled the attack?

Just a reminder: Tormenting the shooter was a factor in the Parkland shooting.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know some deaf people can’t read or write the same as someone who can hear because they learn English via ASL. One of my buddies posts sentences on Facebook that would make you think he’s severely mentally handicapped, but he’s not.  He just learned English via sign language and it’s structurally different.  Another kid in our youth group that I try and check in on texts in a very similar manner, and he’s brilliant. I don’t know how prevalent this is however.

I’m sure there is a communication difference, and if it really bothered the deaf folks or was not as good a form of communication, they would advocate switching.

Sorry for thread derail.
View Quote

its real and widespread.  Many tend to write like how they "speak", no matter the booklearning. I dont know how much deaf schools play a role in this, where all their society signs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'd probably go about my daily life at this point. The guy is either dead or far away.
View Quote
If he had access to a vehicle, and cash to buy gas, he could be in my AO by now.  I mean, he was in NY before, but, oh, those pesky gun laws, he wouldn't be allowed to have that rifle here.  Guess I'm safe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He stole food from people who lived in the area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eric rudolph was on the run for 7 years
Was it 7? Thought it was 5. I was recently reading an old article about how he lived for those years, foraging and eating nuts and salamanders, and dumpster diving. He never left the wilderness into which they pursued him; a rather amazing survival story. I wonder if his family helped him.

He stole food from people who lived in the area.
Early on, people left food for him in unlocked garages; later, and perhaps throughout, people would discard watertight barrels, tools and stuff up in the woods; things like that.  He had support in the area, some of it tacit, some of it from those who thought he was right.  I don't know if anyone had any direct contact with him, but there were enough people who, themselves, thought they were helping him.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTdxhpOuylo
View Quote

I love that he called out the .gov for still hiding the Nashville tranifesto
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

its real and widespread.  Many tend to write like how they "speak", no matter the booklearning. I dont know how much deaf schools play a role in this, where all their society signs.
View Quote
I'm always impressed with how well a deaf friend (since birth) is able to write.  We are on another small forum, and you'd never know he's always been deaf, unless we're discussing noises that his truck makes that he can't hear.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being born deaf and not having the funds for a cochlear implant (80K+) makes it really hard to read and understand English or any other language.  Would you understand there/their/they're is all pronounced the same when you've never heard a word?  

But alas they probably aren't necessary, just something else to spend money on
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Didn't he have a couple DV incidents.  That's not being Mr. Normal.
View Quote

This could be whole reason.

Dude finds his wife is banging everyone in his unit, she kicks him out, gets restraining order, then goes out on the town, bowling and bar hopping, showing off new men just to piss him off even more.

He finally explodes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Has the shooter's boat been found?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Dude finds his wife is banging everyone in his unit, she kicks him out, gets restraining order, then goes out on the town, bowling and bar hopping, showing off new men just to piss him off even more.

He finally explodes.
View Quote

That's some interesting projection to turn the hypothetical DV into the wife's "fault" with literally no information at all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Has the shooter's boat been found?
View Quote
I haven't seen anything that says they have from LE or established media.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's some interesting projection to turn the hypothetical DV into the wife's "fault" with literally no information at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He finally explodes.

But still more plausible than blaming a firearm.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#34]
This dude is either already bear food or he’s perfected E&E.

I vote bear food.

It’s hard enough to find a live person in the woods, if he’s dead and picked the right spot it could be never that he’s found or years from now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Its the worst scenario even if someone was carrying a pistol, you would have to find cover and try to ambush the person with a rifle.  Nobody carries a rifle around for protection usually so being outgunned by someone that knows how to shoot well is a bad situation.
View Quote

This is the best situation for the old "duck and cover" routine.

Duck behind cover and return fire.

In all truthfulness, one rifle shooter can only be looking in one direction.  If there is more than one person with a gun, spread out in the area, at least one will have the shooter's back toward them.  If not the back, the ant least the rifle pointing away and the shorter looking away.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We have reports the shooter was hearing voices insulting him.  His family seems to think the voices contributed to him breaking.

Whether the voices were imaginary, projected by bluetooth or some other technology, or just loud whispers intentionally directed at him, someone needs to look into this.

There are currently multiple wars being fought around the globe.  We get threads saying something bad is going to happen Friday the 13th, or Friday the 20th, or within the next 96 hours.  When something bad actually does happen, why do we automatically assume it is unrelated?  Just because he doesn't fit some pre-conceived religious, ancestral or racial profile?  Just because he didn't blow himself up (in a crowded place) with a bomb?

The literature on how to identify people susceptible to manipulation and recruitment is out on the internet.  Whe should not assume adversaries in the global wars are not smart enough to find and use this information.  We like to think people halfway around the world are dumb, but how smart would it be if they figured out a way to attack us when we don't even suspect it was them that controlled the attack?

Just a reminder: Tormenting the shooter was a factor in the Parkland shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TOFaW9FgPA
View Quote
Nobody needs to look into it, because it didn't happen.  Who was talking about this guy?  The school kids in the bowling alley who wouldn't have known him?  The deaf people he shot?  Nobody was talking about this guy.  Doubtful they even knew who he was enough to even talk about him behind his back if they wanted to.  The guy was simply crazy.  Hearing stuff that wasn't actually happening.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He finally explodes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He finally explodes.

I hadn't seen any of this info.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He finally explodes.

The other side of that is she got tired of getting beat on, reported it then everyone found out he was the piece of shit.

ETA: or maybe he’s a piece of shit who simply wanted to murder a bunch of innocent people because he decided to get his fame like a bunch of others because the media can’t help but say his name over and over and over again. And he’s hoping to be as famous or more then all the rest of the pieces of shit who’ve done the same
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You aren't wrong really, but there are reasons. Many live events aren't captioned, especially something like a press conference. Transcripts on phones aren't all that accurate.
Cochlear implants aren't a magic solution either. Especially if you were prelingually deaf. In fact, in the deaf community, there is a very strong prejudice against CI's. They are all about preserving their deaf culture, not being turned onto robots, they were born that way, etc. In fact, the sign used for CI is the same for vampire.
For the record, I have bilateral cochlear implants, lost my hearing post lingually (probably genetic),  and went to public schools.
My exposure to deaf culture was when I started learning sign, and went to the local deaf club many times, before my CI's.

Lastly, if you take note, the fairly recent surge in televised interpretation has been mostly by democrats, possibly feuled by inclusivity, as the deaf tend to vote dem. They are a very small minority of voters overall though. So virtue signaling i guess?
View Quote
Thanks. Good answer to my question.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I vote bear food.

It’s hard enough to find a live person in the woods, if he’s dead and picked the right spot it could be never that he’s found or years from now.
View Quote

Sounds like he was a decent man before he went mad, so he could have woke up from his episode, realized what he's done, and ate some lead.

He could stay in the local area where everyone is looking for him.

Or he could have taken a car, cash or some prepaid credit card, and have driven to California by now. Or perhaps some cabin in Montana.

We won't know until we either find his body or the next event happens. Maybe we'll get lucky and some vigilant worker at McDonalds will recognize him at the drive-through getting some supplies on his way out of dodge.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The other side of that is she got tired of getting beat on, reported it then everyone found out he was the piece of shit.

ETA: or maybe he’s a piece of shit who simply wanted to murder a bunch of innocent people because he decided to get his fame like a bunch of others because the media can’t help but say his name over and over and over again. And he’s hoping to be as famous or more then all the rest of the pieces of shit who’ve done the same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He finally explodes.

Sounds plausible.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#43]
If they found his car at that boat launch and a k9 didn’t pick up on scent. He either got into another vehicle or he got in or on the water.

If he got into a vehicle he could be anywhere on the east coast north of Florida by now with the time lapse.

If he floated on a boat of some kind or swam and then got out and walked assuming he was walking around 1.5 to 2 mph he could be somewhere within 5-8 miles. That would depend on the current and where he ended up on the bank.

This is assuming he’s alive and didn’t depart the launch via one way or another and offed himself in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

It wasn't all that long ago that every able bodied man in that vicinity would be out looking for this POS instead of scared and locked down. Especially victims relatives.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I asked about the cold Maine winters a few pages back and people said it was doable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are homeless encampments up there, even in the White Mountains, where it's decidedly colder.  The churches help them.  The dogooders think it's a great idea.  Until word gets out and even more of them show up, and then the store thefts, the trespassing, the property and home break-ins.  

The homeless can do this because they don't have warrants.  LE lacks statute to do much about it, and where there is statute, they don't have legislative or judicial support to do much more about it.  But, that's not the case here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I vote bear food.

View Quote
Sounds like he grew up deer hunting and hanging with this family in the woods though. Deer hunters spend days on end in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live 2+ hours north of this and some businesses around me are closed due to this situation. I think this shit is completely fucking ridiculous but that’s just me. I get being scared but people have to live.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
its a sad day in America when you cant take your kids bowling without the risk of being shot, hope they show him less mercy than he provided his victims.
View Quote

The problem is libtard policies have disarmed law abiding people so effectively that criminals and nutcases are emboldened.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sounds like he grew up deer hunting and hanging with this family in the woods though. Deer hunters spend days on end in the woods.
View Quote

Right now all we can do is speculate unfortunately
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I vote bear food.

View Quote

It's odd that his boat hasn't turned up, though.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top