Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can we rationalize a mad man pinging on adrenaline?

Either way, I want to know more about his mental illness and hospital stay.  How many more of the nutjobs with writing all over the wall must be ignored simply to attack lawful gun owners?
View Quote

I think this is probably what Trump meant when he stupidly said "take the guns first".  

So flame away, I don't really care  
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
POF Rogue

Weighs only 6 lbs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was just pointing to a similar situation of what can happen when police are "a little concerned" about people leaving their house and minding their own business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're nuts if you think I'm disregarding that screen name

This!

Originally Posted By @Ike838:
https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/height/675/https://media.salon.com/2013/02/car_shot.jpg

That is a lot of hate directed at that Tacoma.  I find interesting that the picture shows both entrance and exit damage from the shots. Did he circle  it while he was shooting it up?

There were two kindle aged women in that truck. They were out delivering newspapers or something. Fucking keystone cops out in LA hopped out and started blasting. I don't think either women were hit, do that's a plus.

My mistake. I was copying a link from page 72 post 29.

I was just pointing to a similar situation of what can happen when police are "a little concerned" about people leaving their house and minding their own business.

That was Dorner. That guy had the LAPD and the bootlickers losing their fucking minds.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
They were saying something about searching for him in the Kennebec River earlier in the thread.

There are 3 dams across the Androscoggin in between where the Subaru was found and the Kennebec across several miles, so it seems unlikely that he got there on water.

Is there any chance he stashed his 15ft boat somewhere downstream of the dams, and used a second vehicle to reach it, like his motorcycle that I'm not sure has been accounted for?

The Kennebec leads out to the Atlantic if his goal was to never be found. Motor out until he runs out of fuel or balls in the big water and then pull his scupper and eat his pistol.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
POF Rogue

Weighs only 6 lbs.
View Quote

The ammo is still .308

IF he is humping in the north Maine woods, he still would have to hump a bunch of ammo, not just a couple mags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That tweet was yesterday and it still isn’t in the news, so either it’s a big secret or it isn’t true.

He does not name his source.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That tweet was yesterday and it still isn’t in the news, so either it’s a big secret or it isn’t true.

Can you name any governors that would not disclose to keep the hysteria ramped up to add fuel to the gun ban rhetoric? Gretchmer Whitchen maybe?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
At one time I had a ready grab-n-go rig for my .308.

Then, thought better of it! LOL
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The ammo is still .308

IF he is humping in the north Maine woods, he still would have to hump a bunch of ammo, not just a couple mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
POF Rogue

Weighs only 6 lbs.

The ammo is still .308

The recoil on that thing must be kind of significant. Oof
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Was that from this thread?
I quickly went through this entire thread and didn't find the post.
If that happened, that user should definitely be banned IMO.
View Quote

Unless it was deleted, a poster did state that the reason names weren't released was because there were 10 kids killed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The recoil on that thing must be kind of significant. Oof
View Quote

Not really.

Big bada boom, though!
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes. From 10-15 pages back IIRC
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#12]
What's the deal with some of them being deaf?

Since the shooter was also very hard of hearing, is there some significance to that - or, merely happenstance?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, it was from this thread. Posted last night about 9 something. I’ll find it.
Here it is with a reply:
Attachment Attached File

Hasn’t posted since.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Since everyone's saying it was an AR 10 just wait till the media finds that out and they'll start talking about it's an AR 15 but worse cause the bullets are even BIGGER! It'll be like a nuclear weapon to them
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

The poster of the tweet was claiming his sources were “boots on the ground” and then ended us switching to stupid smilies and emojees and spam posts after he got called out
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What's the deal with some of them being deaf?

Since the shooter was also very hard of hearing, is there some significance to that - or, merely happenstance?
View Quote

I was wondering that too. Thinking about the deaf victims and what they must have experienced had me a little bit upset at work today.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The poster of the tweet was claiming his sources were “boots on the ground” and then ended us switching to stupid smilies and emojees and spam posts after he got called out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate people that cloud the info world with bullshit

Including who ever started the 10 kids thing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since everyone's saying it was an AR 10 just wait till the media finds that out and they'll start talking about it's an AR 15 but worse cause the bullets are even BIGGER! It'll be like a nuclear weapon to them
View Quote

Exactly,  they always claim a AR15 is a "high powered weapon"

I guess a AR10 type must be nuclear grade destruction?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, it was from this thread. Posted last night about 9 something. I’ll find it.
Here it is with a reply:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548369/IMG_1069_jpeg-3006401.JPG
Hasn’t posted since.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548369/IMG_1070_jpeg-3006403.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for finding that. I was using a different keyword which wasn't in that post.

It is one thing to speculate... it is completely different to act like you have real info especially with such a terrible situation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me firing my AR-10 the other day.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#21]
G
Quoted:

If you own property there for hunting, you pay a lot to hunt a short season.

It's a huge deal to screw over those land owners
View Quote

Governors family is in the hunting and trapping industry.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Since nobody has mentioned where he worked, my guess is he was either GS or AGR reservist and that was his full time job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They say he was a "reservist."  So, was he a one weekend a month/2 weeks a year reservist, or a full time member of the USAR?

If he was a one weekend a month guy, do we know what his regular job was?

And if he wasn't an Army firearms instructor, was he certified elsewhere?

Since nobody has mentioned where he worked, my guess is he was either GS or AGR reservist and that was his full time job.

He apparently worked at a bottle redemption center (or possibly recycling center?) and got fired last week, according to local news stations.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/q_35MHN4WPAAAAAd/atomic-cannon.gif

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/q_35MHN4WPAAAAAd/atomic-cannon.gif

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

it's bad but thankfully it wasn't a lot of kids like some thought.
View Quote

My dads friend isn't on the list.  Small sigh of relief but my heart breaks for the others.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Nbc news had all 18 pictures on tonight.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Could he be in another country by now? Enough time to drive to Texas and cross the border, enough time to get to Florida and sail somewhere?
View Quote

It wouldn't be hard for him to get from Lewiston to the very porous Canadian border with Maine and stroll or swim across. Hell, folks up in the rural county still sometimes leave their canoes on the banks of their favorite fishing holes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're giving the media too much credit.

The number 10 is SMALLER than the number 15.  So they will think it has less power.

Tony

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Handled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here it is with a reply:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548369/IMG_1069_jpeg-3006401.JPG
Hasn’t posted since.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548369/IMG_1070_jpeg-3006403.JPG

Handled.

What do you mean by handled?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

10 is less than 15, so an AR-15 is much more dangerous than an AR-10.

(Media logic).
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stupid bitch.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Handled.
View Quote

It's bollocks to be posting false information.

Mod's name checks out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#35]
A neighbor, Dave Letarte, said Card’s family let them deer hunt on their property and were kind, although Letarte said he noticed Card appeared to have mental problems for a while.

“People have problems, but you don’t expect them to go off the deep end like that,” Letarte said.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Stupid bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid bitch.

No, it’s waaay beyond that…….
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He apparently worked at a bottle redemption center (or possibly recycling center?) and got fired last week, according to local news stations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They say he was a "reservist."  So, was he a one weekend a month/2 weeks a year reservist, or a full time member of the USAR?

If he was a one weekend a month guy, do we know what his regular job was?

And if he wasn't an Army firearms instructor, was he certified elsewhere?

Ok thanks, U guess I missed that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously. I’ve had to explain this to my anti family members too many times to count and they still don’t get it. They really think .223 is super duper high power OMGWTF bullets ??

No. They’re not. Some states even ban hunting deer with them because they’re anemic compared to every other rifle round other than 22lr
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Might even claim "you don't hunt deer with an AR-10!"
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell her what?  That a multi caliber weapon like the AR platform is great for hunting or that the original intent of the 2A (and the purpose of a rifle like the AR-15) is to shoot tyrants like her and those she supports in the face?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those women are stupider than a box of rocks or they lie on purpose or both.

Everybody has the information literally in the palm of their hand and they don’t look this stuff up, they just spout lies.

I think they do it on purpose, nobody is that fucking stupid and too lazy to look it up.

eTA. This may be before smart phones and the internet, she mentioned press Reagan
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My kids school is 15 mins from Lewiston.  Imagine they didn't close the schools then he showed up. This JUST happened. It's not overcautious to issue a shelter in place or close schools temporarily.  But even the shelter in place, nobody's guarding our doors so we can't leave.
Also that ONE asshole killed 18. Shit a bunch more. Perfectly good reason to exercise caution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you arguing that things need to go back to normal? Or what are you questioning? Folks should no longer be vigilant and locked down while this nutso is still loose?

I get being vigilant and all, but locking down for ONE asshole is just nuts.  I would rather die in a gunfight than live with myself for being such a coward that I let this prick control my life.

My kids school is 15 mins from Lewiston.  Imagine they didn't close the schools then he showed up. This JUST happened. It's not overcautious to issue a shelter in place or close schools temporarily.  But even the shelter in place, nobody's guarding our doors so we can't leave.
Also that ONE asshole killed 18. Shit a bunch more. Perfectly good reason to exercise caution.

The answer should be open the schools but have half a dozen dads with rifles at school to guard it.

Unfortunately government would rather create sheep and lock everything down then use common sense.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If Maine or even the local area tries to cancel firearm deer season or even move it back, they are going to piss off a tremendous amount of people especially with the price of meat these days.

I hope it happens, maybe Mainers  will wake the fuck up and stop electing democrats.
View Quote

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It wouldn't be hard for him to get from Lewiston to the very porous Canadian border with Maine and stroll or swim across. Hell, folks up in the rural county still sometimes leave their canoes on the banks of their favorite fishing holes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could he be in another country by now? Enough time to drive to Texas and cross the border, enough time to get to Florida and sail somewhere?

Or to just go to the north woods. Once the snow sets in, the roads are not plowed and the only way to get there or move up there is helicopter or sled.

Why risk a border crossing and extradition if caught in Canada, there is a vast unpopulated wilderness in Maine that he probably has some familiarity with. Even I do.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think this is probably what Trump meant when he stupidly said "take the guns first".  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we rationalize a mad man pinging on adrenaline?

Either way, I want to know more about his mental illness and hospital stay.  How many more of the nutjobs with writing all over the wall must be ignored simply to attack lawful gun owners?

The shooter has reportedly previously made death threats and was booked on mental derangement. This isn't a case for red flag, there's already provisions to intervene when nuts like this do exactly what they warned the public and their command about.  The apathy and total lack for resolution only to spin to it to the other extreme is silly
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They were saying something about searching for him in the Kennebec River earlier in the thread.

There are 3 dams across the Androscoggin in between where the Subaru was found and the Kennebec across several miles, so it seems unlikely that he got there on water.

Is there any chance he stashed his 15ft boat somewhere downstream of the dams, and used a second vehicle to reach it, like his motorcycle that I'm not sure has been accounted for?

The Kennebec leads out to the Atlantic if his goal was to never be found. Motor out until he runs out of fuel or balls in the big water and then pull his scupper and eat his pistol.
View Quote

he ded. if they ever find him it will at the bottom of that river or off in the woods somewhere like brian laundrie.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Or to just go to the north woods. Once the snow sets in, the roads are not plowed and the only way to get there or move up there is helicopter or sled.

Why risk a border crossing and extradition if caught in Canada, there is a vast unpopulated wilderness in Maine that he probably has some familiarity with. Even I do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I would do. Aroostook County is 3/4 the size of New Hampshire and has a population of 60k. Most of those people are in specific areas. You could go off grid there for months without seeing another person.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top