Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what I see when I try to click on page 78.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is what I would do. Aroostook County is 3/4 the size of New Hampshire and has a population of 60k. Most of those people are in specific areas. You could go off grid there for months without seeing another person.
View Quote

North of the Golden Road is no joke.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I would do. Aroostook County is 3/4 the size of New Hampshire and has a population of 60k. Most of those people are in specific areas. You could go off grid there for months without seeing another person.

Yup. I was just up there a few weeks ago. Did 26 miles on a logging road without seeing another soul.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Or to just go to the north woods. Once the snow sets in, the roads are not plowed  and the only way to get there or move up there is helicopter or sled.

Why risk a border crossing and extradition if caught in Canada, there is a vast unpopulated wilderness in Maine that he probably has some familiarity with. Even I do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could he be in another country by now? Enough time to drive to Texas and cross the border, enough time to get to Florida and sail somewhere?

It wouldn't be hard for him to get from Lewiston to the very porous Canadian border with Maine and stroll or swim across. Hell, folks up in the rural county still sometimes leave their canoes on the banks of their favorite fishing holes.

Or to just go to the north woods. Once the snow sets in, the roads are not plowed  and the only way to get there or move up there is helicopter or sled.

Why risk a border crossing and extradition if caught in Canada, there is a vast unpopulated wilderness in Maine that he probably has some familiarity with. Even I do.

Oh I agree, but the poster wondered about other countries and it is, frankly, simple to cross the Maine/Canada border in thousands of places. I sometimes meet some Canadian friends when I ice fish some of the boundary waters and, hypothetically, some folks might cross the border to take a leak on the "opposing" soil just to bust balls. Or so I've heard.

ps. If there is ice-fishable water, chances are the dirt roads are somewhat plowed, even if its just the guy going fishing dropping his blade on the way in. The larger roads, like the Golden Road and the working woods roads are definitely plowed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So where is the cucksucker.....how many ELITE Leo do we need? How about hiring some salty vets who can actually get shit done, not tactards in effing team Wendy and multicam with suppressed mk18s......all this money being spent for one dude. Not ONE PERSON ran towards him. People ran away, hit in the bowling pins and let people.die.....grab ur effing BALLS and take the mf OUT. this country has become gummie bear soft. One mf with a revolver could have ended this....but then again the bowling alley prolly has a no guns inside sign on it. Would be perfect irony.

Shits prolly gonna end like Vegas....no motive no guy, no video of shit, nothing.

We know he's been crazy....and yet.......

/rant.
View Quote

Why do people even say stuff like this? I assume drugs or alcohol when posting. For one, someone did rush the attacker. Turns out a knife vs rifle seldom works well. Two, if you were bowling and then suddenly were being shot at, you're not going to instantly snap around and blow this guys brains out in 1 second. It can happen like it did in Indiana, but it doesn't always work out like that. Two, tell me your plan about salty vets. I bet they will dress up like the police, grab some rifles, some armor, and camo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Those women are stupider than a box of rocks or they lie on purpose or both.

Everybody has the information literally in the palm of their hand and they don’t look this stuff up, they just spout lies.

I think they do it on purpose, nobody is that fucking stupid and too lazy to look it up.

eTA. This may be before smart phones and the internet, she mentioned press Reagan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those women are stupider than a box of rocks or they lie on purpose or both.

Everybody has the information literally in the palm of their hand and they don’t look this stuff up, they just spout lies.

I think they do it on purpose, nobody is that fucking stupid and too lazy to look it up.

eTA. This may be before smart phones and the internet, she mentioned press Reagan

They're lying to the sheeple, who are the ones they know are too lazy/stupid to look shit up themselves.

How many times have I heard antigunners and their, "Don't need that to hunt" BS? How many times have people told them that NOWHERE in the 2A, is there any mention about, "The right to HUNT shall not be infringed", and the 2A has nothing to do with hunting, yet those same antigunners continue spouting that BS, BECAUSE they know the low IQ/info types are suckers for it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/IMG_2706_jpeg-3006478.JPG
View Quote

I got the same.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not really.

Big bada boom, though!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The recoil on that thing must be kind of significant. Oof

Not really.

Big bada boom, though!

I didn't look at that model but I'm guessing it has a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Why didn’t they bring a canine unit the first night down to his car at the boat ramp and see where he went from there.
He’s in that river, it may take a little to find him.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hate people that cloud the info world with bullshit

Including who ever started the 10 kids thing.
View Quote
My experience with real world secret info is that the folks who dont have it always wish they did, constantly talk about it, and fantasize about it.

The folks who actually are in the know usually wish they weren't, and never talk about it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]
My heart aches for the victims and I pray the criminal is brought to justice.

The above said, I'm also worried this event being another reason we lose rights in the future.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh I agree, but the poster wondered about other countries and it is, frankly, simple to cross the Maine/Canada border in thousands of places. I sometimes meet some Canadian friends when I ice fish some of the boundary waters and, hypothetically, some folks might cross the border to take a leak on the "opposing" soil just to bust balls. Or so I've heard.

ps. If there is ice-fishable water, chances are the dirt roads are somewhat plowed, even if its just the guy going fishing dropping his blade on the way in. The larger roads, like the Golden Road and the working woods roads are definitely plowed.
View Quote

Supposed to get first snowfall up there this weekend according to Gutner.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could he be in another country by now? Enough time to drive to Texas and cross the border, enough time to get to Florida and sail somewhere?

It wouldn't be hard for him to get from Lewiston to the very porous Canadian border with Maine and stroll or swim across. Hell, folks up in the rural county still sometimes leave their canoes on the banks of their favorite fishing holes.

Or to just go to the north woods. Once the snow sets in, the roads are not plowed and the only way to get there or move up there is helicopter or sled.

Sooo many options for this guy.  

Hide locally and be caught soon.
Hide in Maine and likely never be seen again until some loggers stumble on his corpse.
Take the side roads and be many states away by sunrise the next morning without even being on an interstate.

If this was a long planned thing, dude could have already had a hide location prepped and stocked for the winter.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They haven't really released it yet, but the 10 victims that haven't been identified yet are children. I hope this guy finds a special place in hell for all of eternity.
View Quote

Some fool needs to be checked.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or to just go to the north woods. Once the snow sets in, the roads are not plowed and the only way to get there or move up there is helicopter or sled.

Though not in winter, Robert Burton eluded police in a murder manhunt for 68 days in the Monson, Maine area back in 2015. While fairly rural, it is a metropolis compared to northern Piscataquis and Aroostook counties.

Burton did have some help, but I wonder if Card is still alive, if he isn't getting some assistance too. Maybe someone that loves him hoping they can get him to turn himself in before he does something else, suicides, or is killed by police if he tries to tangle with them. The Burton guy turned himself in after 68 days on the run.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why didn’t they bring a canine unit the first night down to his car at the boat ramp and see where he went from there.
View Quote

Pretty sure I saw it reported up here that they did, and there was no scent trail outside of the immediate area of the car. Could be river or could be standby vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They haven't really released it yet, but the 10 victims that haven't been identified yet are children. I hope this guy finds a special place in hell for all of eternity.

Mods already handled it
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What's the deal with some of them being deaf?

Since the shooter was also very hard of hearing, is there some significance to that - or, merely happenstance?
View Quote
Deaf Cornhole League was at one of the locations.  He might have had some sort of social clash with them maybe?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhh, its been mid fifties at night and supposed to be mid 70s tomorrow for opening day of deer season. I'm a bit more than a few hours north of Lewiston. I guess Sunday is supposed to finally start a colder spell, but anything that might fall is going to be minimal and melt away in sunlight the next day and probably only at elevation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup. I was just up there a few weeks ago. Did 26 miles on a logging road without seeing another soul.
View Quote

Doesn't the Golden Road go to the border? So North of that would be Canada. Granted, I've never gone much further than Rip Dam on it. Still, a good place to disappear for a while.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pretty sure I saw it reported up here that they did, and there was no scent trail outside of the immediate area of the car. Could be river or could be standby vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't sure about the river before, but seeing the footage of the divers searching the river, if his desire was to get away, I would wonder why he didn't roll the Subaru into the water?

The water looks really murky. Would've potentially given him an even longer head start, without the vehicle being easily spotted (giving responders a starting point).

The no scent trail bit is interesting, though. Could definitely mean he switched vehicles, or used the river to hide his scent trail.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Exactly,  they always claim a AR15 is a "high powered weapon"

I guess a AR10 type must be nuclear grade destruction?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since everyone's saying it was an AR 10 just wait till the media finds that out and they'll start talking about it's an AR 15 but worse cause the bullets are even BIGGER! It'll be like a nuclear weapon to them

Exactly,  they always claim a AR15 is a "high powered weapon"

I guess a AR10 type must be nuclear grade destruction?

is it Canada where they took away their AR-15's, but they're allowed AR-10's?  I don't know, I just remember that from somewhere.  Well, Canuckistan, guess what Fidel Trudeau will do next.

ETA:  Maybe we could convince Harry Turtledove that the AR-10 shoots 155mm bullets?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Handled.

It's bollocks to be posting false information.

Mod's name checks out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326259/IMG_9500-3006443.jpg
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Carlin_face-674.gif

Sitting here drinking bourbon, checking this thread and saw this. Thanks for making me laugh @Bollocks44
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

Oh fuck, you got me rolling on the floor in a double whammy @osprey21
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Doesn't the Golden Road go to the border? So North of that would be Canada. Granted, I've never gone much further than Rip Dam on it. Still, a good place to disappear for a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does, but in an east/west direction. The northern border with Canada is quite a ways north of it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Uhh, its been mid fifties at night and supposed to be mid 70s tomorrow for opening day of deer season. I'm a bit more than a few hours north of Lewiston. I guess Sunday is supposed to finally start a colder spell, but anything that might fall is going to be minimal and melt away in sunlight the next day and probably only at elevation.
View Quote

I grew up with Joe Cupo.  Not used to the news guy being able to reach that far north.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wasn't sure about the river before, but seeing the footage of the divers searching the river, if his desire was to get away, I would wonder why he didn't roll the Subaru into the water?

The water looks really murky. Would've potentially given him an even longer head start, without the vehicle being easily spotted (giving responders a starting point).

The no scent trail bit is interesting, though. Could definitely mean he switched vehicles, or used the river to hide his scent trail.
View Quote

I have an Androscoggin County Dive Team Patch in my office.  Also have a Fish and Wildlife, State Police, and Lewiston PD Patch.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/IMG_2706_jpeg-3006478.JPG
View Quote

This type of glitch usually shows up when admin delete a post from a thread instead of just editing the text out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Golden Road and it's branches will take you all the way to Allagash if I remember correctly. I wouldn't bother crossing the border though. Could put you on the radar unnecessarily plenty of empty wilderness between Baxter and the border.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My kids school is 15 mins from Lewiston.  Imagine they didn't close the schools then he showed up. This JUST happened. It's not overcautious to issue a shelter in place or close schools temporarily.  But even the shelter in place, nobody's guarding our doors so we can't leave.
Also that ONE asshole killed 18. Shit a bunch more. Perfectly good reason to exercise caution.
View Quote
Kids, yeah.  Adults, no (unless they want to)
Fuck them on cowering in my house, waiting for the "Top Men" to come save me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong: doesn't Maine have less law enforcement coverage than other comparable states since its crime rates are so low, even for rural areas?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

She is so vile. Her popularity, and that the masses could be influenced by her is a testimony to the depth of our problems, and the stupidity of our population.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Deaf Cornhole League was at one of the locations.  He might have had some sort of social clash with them maybe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the deal with some of them being deaf?

Since the shooter was also very hard of hearing, is there some significance to that - or, merely happenstance?

Saw some speculation that he recently broke up with his GF, and may have gone to the locations they'd been to before, looking for her. That group might've just been an unfortunate "wrong place, wrong time".

Who knows? The whole "hearing voices/people talking shit about him" thing could be the primary trigger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Firearms deer season starts tomorrow...
View Quote
I think I read the "Top Men" were talking of CANCELLING it.
I'd be much more concerned about trigger-happy cops than the shooter.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think I read the "Top Men" were talking of CANCELLING it.
I'd be much more concerned about trigger-happy cops than the shooter.
View Quote
Only in Bowdoin, Lewiston, Lisbon, and Monmouth.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong: doesn't Maine have less law enforcement coverage than other comparable states since its crime rates are so low, even for rural areas?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. This one event saw 18 people killed. In all of 2022 there were 29 murders statewide. 15 of those were domestic. There aren't a lot of police in most areas.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I think the asshole is either:
Dead by his own hand or
Alive and being given assistance as others have postulated.  What a fucked up situation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Turns out the firearms instructor bit was fake news. Was his -alleged- Twitter page fake too?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mmmm, not if he cut his stomach open, a little seppuku, he will stay down on the bottom with the crabs.

My money is still E&E, regrouping, rearming and retargeting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I grew up with Joe Cupo.  Not used to the news guy being able to reach that far north.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol! I'm not used to those damned southerners like Joe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#41]
He’s dead just need to find him
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The stupidity about guns and hunting in that comment section is pathetic
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Isn't That the Tacoma that the LA PD lit up thinking that the Dormer Guy (Ex Cop who went nuts & killer) was in.  
Turned out LAPD shot the shit out of newspaper route folks - they didn't die & got a significant settlement.

View Quote
LAPD cowards did mag dumps into a truck that didn't even come close to matching Dorner's.    Of course, QI and all, no penalties for it.   It was a miracle those 2 old ladies survived.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes. This one event saw 18 people killed. In all of 2022 there were 29 murders statewide. 15 of those were domestic. There aren't a lot of police in most areas.
View Quote

Yup and Maine is transitioning from having State Police patrol the rural areas to putting it back on local and county level law enforcement and making the State Police more of a highway patrol.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

LE is spread thin in northern New England.  Probably even more so in Maine.  

Here next door in NH, there are two counties which have a boatload of towns covered solely by state police which might have one or two on duty.  Expect an hour response time and not really exaggerating at all.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Lol! I'm not used to those damned southerners like Joe.
View Quote

I felt like I met a celebrities when I used to sit next to Tom Caron and Joey Gamache in church.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The vast majority of towns in Maine (95% of the state or so) have no police department. At night, on weekdays, the deputy/trooper coverage for those areas can have a hundred miles between units easily for a lot of the state.  Its why so many Maine police shootings have Warden service involved, they are often the only possible backup when a call for help goes out by a trooper or deputy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Mmmm, not if he cut his stomach open, a little seppuku, he will stay down on the bottom with the crabs.

My money is still E&E, regrouping, rearming and retargeting.
View Quote

If he’s not dead already, I wonder how long until he resurfaces. If he is still breathing I figure he’s surprised that he is still here and is now confused on next steps or he’s holed up at his Alamo waiting for them to come.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
LAPD cowards did mag dumps into a truck that didn't even come close to matching Dorner's.    Of course, QI and all, no penalties for it.   It was a miracle those 2 old ladies survived.
https://i.imgur.com/ty3kOv2.jpg
View Quote

Ya, they were looking for a gray full size Tundra and lit up a blue mid-sized Tacoma. Morons.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Could've sworn it was also supposed to be a white vehicle vs shooting the crap out of a very blue truck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're nuts if you think I'm disregarding that screen name

This!

Originally Posted By @Ike838:
https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/height/675/https://media.salon.com/2013/02/car_shot.jpg

That is a lot of hate directed at that Tacoma.  I find interesting that the picture shows both entrance and exit damage from the shots. Did he circle  it while he was shooting it up?

There were two kindle aged women in that truck. They were out delivering newspapers or something. Fucking keystone cops out in LA hopped out and started blasting. I don't think either women were hit, do that's a plus.

What's pretty fucking damning about that is the fact that police were looking for a large black man.  Singular.  Yet they attempted to make kill shots on the driver AND the passenger in that vehicle.

Could've sworn it was also supposed to be a white vehicle vs shooting the crap out of a very blue truck.
It was supposed to be white gray.   And a different brand.   LAPD cowards didn't give a fuck.   And they got away with it, other than city having to pay out to the 2 old ladies.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top