BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, your free to spend your money as you please, don't like rugers?  Don't buy one.  But by your logic we shouldn't by Mercedes  toyotas or Hondas because they are from countries that were at one point in history lead by people who did bad things.  Saying "I won't buy a ruger because Bill Ruger supported hi-cap magazine bans" is the same as saying "I won't buy a Volkswagen because Germany used to be lead by Hitler and be committed genocide"   Your argument is full of derp.  Ruger as it is now is one of the best friends we all have in the firearms industry.  They listen to what we want and they produce good quality firearms to meet those needs.  I would buy a ruger over a Remington product any day of the week because I would rather support them than the shitty Freedom Group.
View Quote

Your logic has no place in this discussion. Be gone with it.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
OP, your free to spend your money as you please, don't like rugers?  Don't buy one.  But by your logic we shouldn't by Mercedes  toyotas or Hondas because they are from countries that were at one point in history lead by people who did bad things.  Saying "I won't buy a ruger because Bill Ruger supported hi-cap magazine bans" is the same as saying "I won't buy a Volkswagen because Germany used to be lead by Hitler and be committed genocide"   Your argument is full of derp.  Ruger as it is now is one of the best friends we all have in the firearms industry.  They listen to what we want and they produce good quality firearms to meet those needs.  I would buy a ruger over a Remington product any day of the week because I would rather support them than the shitty Freedom Group.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I could not imagine a greater insult to that asshole than this.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait.  SERIOUSLY?!

I'd never heard that before.  The bastard!
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He's dead, Jim.
View Quote

lmao...that was exactly my first thought when I saw the thread title.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#6]
oh FFS
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had a P85 once.  The slide rattled back and forth on the frame.  I bought it new.  Sold it rather quickly and bought a Sig P220.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's dead.

They make good guns.

Should be picking up my new ruger monday.

I had a P85 once.  The slide rattled back and forth on the frame.  I bought it new.  Sold it rather quickly and bought a Sig P220.

did the P85 put rounds down range?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s277.photobucket.com/user/drfcolt/media/General%20Firearms/no101.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/drfcolt/General%20Firearms/no101.jpg</a>
View Quote

that rifle is......elegant.   I want one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Who's name is on the guns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you realize that:

1.  Bill is dead.

2.  Ruger is no longer ran by him.

Why hate the company now?

You know Henry Ford and Edison were extreme anti semitic assholes. Do you not use light bulbs or drive Ford vehicles?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You know Henry Ford and Edison were extreme anti semitic assholes. Do you not use light bulbs or drive Ford vehicles?
View Quote

I didn't know that about Edison.

That's it. Candles for me from now on!  

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#12]
lol, I'm guessing this didn't go as op planned
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you realize that:

1.  Bill is dead.

That's like saying, Henry Ford was a racist and a bigot, who's name is on the cars?

Who cares.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#14]
What do I take away from this post? Know your enemy, sometimes they say things to a camera that you like, but it's what they do that matters. I like Ruger's logo more than most of their guns I think. I like their wheel guns and some of their rifles. Their semi auto handguns aren't bad but not my first choice, because I'm not on that tight of a budget. They have fucked up the 10/22, overpriced the Mini-14, ripped off the Savage Edge/Axis and probably a few other things that I can't think of right now. They create American jobs and make some good products. I like to buy some of what they make just to spite their namesake. Fuck Bill Ruger with a 30 round mag.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I will never buy or own a single item with the Ruger logo on it because, even 50 years from now, I want other companies to be so worried about what happened to the Ruger and Zumbo, that if they even think about turning Quisling on us, they lose controls of their bladder and bowels.

The mag cap restrictions and the AWB took place during my prime years of enjoying the hobby.  

Ask WWII vets how long it took them start buying Japanese and German cars.

"And now, from the wonderful people who brought you Pearl Harbor...the new 4-door Toyota Prius!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you realize that:

1.  Bill is dead.

I will never buy or own a single item with the Ruger logo on it because, even 50 years from now, I want other companies to be so worried about what happened to the Ruger and Zumbo, that if they even think about turning Quisling on us, they lose controls of their bladder and bowels.

The mag cap restrictions and the AWB took place during my prime years of enjoying the hobby.  

"And now, from the wonderful people who brought you Pearl Harbor...the new 4-door Toyota Prius!"

I don't hate Glock because Hitler was Austrian. I don't hate southern companies because of the Civil War. I don't hate blacks because of O.J. I don't hate German companies because of the holocaust. I don't hate the Japanese because of Pearl Harbor any more than I love the Chinese because the Flying Tigers fought on their side to protect them from Japan. I think the statute of limitations should end when the individual (s) that have done wrong are dead and their decendents show you no ill will. That Hatfield and McCoy shit doesn't move the needle for me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I will never buy or own a single item with the Ruger logo on it because, even 50 years from now, I want other companies to be so worried about what happened to the Ruger
and Zumbo, that if they even think about turning Quisling on us, they lose controls of their bladder and bowels.

View Quote

You win the short bus award of GD for today. Ruger isn't worried about a damn thing, they cant even keep up now as it is with production

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you realize that:

1.  Bill is dead.

Henry Ford was an anti Semite.  Jefferson owned slaves.  Paul persecuted Christians.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, Bill Ruger was an asshole, glad he's dead....

I hated Ruger for a long time too, but then, as many others have pointed out, Ruger today is not the Ruger of 1989, and the scumbag Quisling is dead....

Now, I am indifferent....mainly because Rugers never did anything for me anyway....
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Maybe you could send a donation to the Bill Clinton Presidential Library, too, since he's no longer the president.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's dead.

They make good guns.

Should be picking up my new ruger monday.

Maybe you could send a donation to the Bill Clinton Presidential Library, too, since he's no longer the president.

you know they fight for gun rights now, they were doing it right from their website during the last panic. S&W and Sig at one time to, had similar thoughts to Ruger's and it did cost S&W dearly until they changed heart, not sure if it ever costed Sig.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
lol, I'm guessing this didn't go as op planned
View Quote

I'm betting it went exactly how he meant it to.
I'm also betting he has been here longer than his join date indicates.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Site staff really should consider changing your join date and making you an honorary 13er.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you realize that:

1.  Bill is dead.

S&W climed into bed with Janet Reno and the Clintons (just think of that stinky motel room ) to conspire to destroy the 2A in exchange for lucrative (and illegal) guarantees of exclusive rights to .gov contracts for firearms.

Just curious if you avoid them as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Back then lots of companies were doing shitty bedroom deals with the left in order to survive. They didn't realize that you could survive and thrive by fighting them
Not agreeing to anything they want

The hoplophobes only want to take...take...and take.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top