Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NCIC is a database of databases.

Your drivers license and vehicle registration are two separate databases in NCIC. The big one is III (Interstate Identification Index) which is a pointer system that will direct the requestor of information to the any states holding information. The laws surrounding these state databases vary by state and so does the information in them.

If that city ran your tags, not a big deal. If they ran your III, that's a huge No-No.
View Quote

Oooohhhh..... SOMEbody read their NCIC study guide!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Well…fellas…it’s been nice knowing ya’ll!

I kinda pulled the pin today.

I emailed my Representative, Mike Bost, a Republican today with this:

To make a long story short, I discovered that my NCIC file was queried twice during calendar year 2022 by what appears to be Automated License Plate Reader cameras (ALPR’s) .  At first glance, it appears that these cameras / queries were done on my way to a gun range or from a gun range.

The first query was on Friday March 4th, 2022 at about 9AM-ish  from the Fayetteville, IL police department as I was on my way to the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL .

The second query was on August 29th, 2022 at exactly 1700 hours from the Shiloh, IL police department. Supposedly.  I had just left the Town and Country Gun club in Maryville, IL at about 4:49PM .  Google maps says it takes 26 minutes to go from that gunclub to Shiloh.  Town and Country Gunclub is a private, members only club that has electronic key card gate access.  Again, at first glance, it appears that an ALPR along Highway 162  had scanned my license plate number.  Then it automatically “pinged” my NCIC file.

For both of these incidents, I was absolutely NOT pulled over for say speeding.  Also, there were absolutely NO interactions with law enforcement on those two days.

In my opinion, this seems to be too Big Brother-ish for my tastes.

Is this a standard policy across the state of Illinois to track the comings and goings of lawful gunowners?

Is this SOP in other states to track who is frequenting gun ranges?

A few news articles related to Maryville, IL ALPR’s say that the camera systems are maintained by the Federal DEA.  

In my opinion, this is a government over-reach and requires more oversight.

Thank you,

Sooooo….I’ll be getting raided by the ATF and/or the Illinois State Police shortly….I surmise.

My two dogs were getting up in age anyway….

And….yeah….errr….no, not expecting much of a response from Rep. Mike Bost.

If you all don’t hear from me like next week, I either got Waco’ed / Ruby Ridge’ed or I am sitting in a jail cell waiting to be arraigned.

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Dibs on left handed scissors.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

To make a long story short, I discovered that my NCIC file was queried twice during calendar year 2022 by what appears to be Automated License Plate Reader cameras (ALPR’s) .  At first glance, it appears that these cameras / queries were done on my way to a gun range or from a gun range.

The first query was on Friday March 4th, 2022 at about 9AM-ish  from the Fayetteville, IL police department as I was on my way to the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL .

The second query was on August 29th, 2022 at exactly 1700 hours from the Shiloh, IL police department. Supposedly.  I had just left the Town and Country Gun club in Maryville, IL at about 4:49PM .  Google maps says it takes 26 minutes to go from that gunclub to Shiloh.  Town and Country Gunclub is a private, members only club that has electronic key card gate access.  Again, at first glance, it appears that an ALPR along Highway 162  had scanned my license plate number.  Then it automatically “pinged” my NCIC file.

For both of these incidents, I was absolutely NOT pulled over for say speeding.  Also, there were absolutely NO interactions with law enforcement on those two days.

Is this a standard policy across the state of Illinois to track the comings and goings of lawful gunowners?

A few news articles related to Maryville, IL ALPR’s say that the camera systems are maintained by the Federal DEA.  

Thank you,

Sooooo….I’ll be getting raided by the ATF and/or the Illinois State Police shortly….I surmise.

If you all don’t hear from me like next week, I either got Waco’ed / Ruby Ridge’ed or I am sitting in a jail cell waiting to be arraigned.

View Quote

What a waste of time, no offense.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys!

Just sent an email to Tucker Carlson’s show as well.

Again, not really expecting a response.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What a waste of time, no offense.
View Quote

Yeah…no kidding.

Not a single fucking thing is gonna change with these ALPR’s or how the data they collect is stored, analyzed, or parallel constructed into other cases.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it possible to flood your license plate out with IR lights?
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#10]
They have cameras at the gun club roads to be sure they know everyone who has a firearm, welcome to the gun registry.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is it possible to flood your license plate out with IR lights?
View Quote
I can't remember the name of it, but there was a company a few years ago that claimed to be able to do exactly that to beat red light tickets, by pulsing an IR strobe (supposedly) in sync with the camera.  He had a guarantee that he'd pay your ticket if it failed, and it put him out of business.  I'm guessing from a programming perspective it's probably trivial to randomize the strobes so nothing can sync to it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Something something 4th amendment…
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can't remember the name of it, but there was a company a few years ago that claimed to be able to do exactly that to beat red light tickets, by pulsing an IR strobe (supposedly) in sync with the camera.  He had a guarantee that he'd pay your ticket if it failed, and it put him out of business.  I'm guessing from a programming perspective it's probably trivial to randomize the strobes so nothing can sync to it.
View Quote

I would think a constant source of IR directly on the plate would do it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't fo this as it sure would go against your Social Credit Score..

https://youtu.be/nRnlRurTwFg

Wouldn't let me do the speed link on the control panel..
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't fo this as if sure it would go against your Social Credit Score..

https://youtu.be/nRnlRurTwFg

Wouldn't let me do the speed link on the control panel..
View Quote

They certainly weren't in a hurry and just hung around. Pretty ballsy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember reading a thread years ago to diy IR lights on a ball cap to blaze a cctv camera and obscure your face
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
What if one were to take a helium balloon and some string and a weight in front of a Flock camera such that all it got was a good look at the balloon?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep.  I also understand that your "lawyer" told you not to talk to ANYONE about ANYTHING about your "case" including the internet. Again, you do not have NCIC printouts. You may have something you THINK is an NCIC printout, but it isn't.
View Quote

HAHAHAHA,

know-it-all cops.  If I got a dollar every time a cop told me its this way or that way and everyone is wrong but what they say, I'd have a nice stash.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I talked to another lawyer today.  He represents this other gunclub I am also a member of.

The dude has got to be in his 80’s now.

He asked me to send him an email with the specific details and the pics.

Then I emailed Senator Josh Hawley from Missouri.  Yes, I know from Missouri.

And then I emailed Missouri Attorney General Bailey.

I basically said “Please tell me Missouri is not as fucktarded as Illinois.”

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah…no kidding.

Not a single fucking thing is gonna change with these ALPR’s or how the data they collect is stored, analyzed, or parallel constructed into other cases.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369122/57B10983-4B60-4075-9794-2812853DA103_jpe-2786787.JPG

View Quote

Register your vehicles to a trust. Name trust F12. Or whatever clever slight you can come up with.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah...

Anyone want to make some cash to run mine?

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Register your vehicles to a trust. Name trust F12. Or whatever clever slight you can come up with.
View Quote

I betchya a trust will show up as being owned by you in a LexisNexis search.

I bet Flock safety has access to the LexisNexis database.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I betchya a trust will show up as being owned by you in a LexisNexis search.

I bet Flock safety has access to the LexisNexis database.

View Quote

That is not how an auto-run query would be done. It would extract the info from the DMV return, auto-populate the query form, resubmit it, and then relay any hot hits. With the high likelihood of false hits, it overburdens the system and only known wanted plates are used to query against.

So, yes, a trust, llc, girlfriend, refuse to add DOB to DMV registration, and so on would all solve the problem.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Flock installed a new license plate reader today in Carbondale. Rt 13 eastbound near Giant City Rd intersection by Walmart.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That is not how an auto-run query would be done. It would extract the info from the DMV return, auto-populate the query form, resubmit it, and then relay any hot hits. With the high likelihood of false hits, it overburdens the system and only known wanted plates are used to query against.

So, yes, a trust, llc, girlfriend, refuse to add DOB to DMV registration, and so on would all solve the problem.
View Quote

I didn’t say anything about how an automatic query is run.

(Because frankly, I really have no clue.  I went to both of those ranges between 5 and 10 times last year.  Why did my NCIC file get queried just twice then I have no idea.  I don’t know.  I didn’t write the software or algorithm.).

I am just saying that trying to hide your car’s ownership  via a trust us not necessarily gonna work.  

I said “I bet Flock safety has access to the LexisNexis database.”

If their camera systems / algorithm / software runs a plate and that vehicle comes back as being owned by a trust, then worst case scenario is that some “analyst” at Flock has to punch the trust’s name into LexisNexis, by hand.  That is  ASSuming trusts are also listed in LN.  Then Flock now knows the owner  or trustee of that trust….which owns that car.

Barring that, I am ASSuming Flock has whatever unfettered access to the various state DMV databases.

Then Flock can track a plate back to an address.

Once they have that address, then they can go through LN to get a name.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Flock installed a new license plate reader today in Carbondale. Rt 13 eastbound near Giant City Rd intersection by Walmart.
View Quote

Soooo….Flock had a camera outside of that Chicago Walmart that got looted last weekend, right?

RIGHT?!

So every license plate that was scanned is gonna be tracked down and their owners are gonna be questioned about the Walmart looting, right?

RIGHT?!

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Soooo….Flock had a camera outside of that Chicago Walmart that got looted last weekend, right?

RIGHT?!

So every license plate that was scanned is gonna be tracked down and their owners are gonna be questioned about the Walmart looting, right?

RIGHT?!

View Quote

Almost bought about 240 acres outside of Vandalia..
Best turkey, deer, duck,  and quail hunting that I have seen.

That was 15 years ago,  and thank God I bought in Wisconsin .

And everyone thinks Kenosha is bad
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I talked to another lawyer today.  He represents this other gunclub I am also a member of.

The dude has got to be in his 80’s now.

He asked me to send him an email with the specific details and the pics.

Then I emailed Senator Josh Hawley from Missouri.  Yes, I know from Missouri.

And then I emailed Missouri Attorney General Bailey.

I basically said “Please tell me Missouri is not as fucktarded as Illinois.”

View Quote

Woohoo!
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:20:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Woohoo!
View Quote

I am skeptical that anything will happen.

I tried contacting Iain Harrison of Top Shot fame and now editor of Recoil magazine.

I also tried emailing the editorial staff of Ballistic magazine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like Carbondale has added a few more LPRs to the same intersection. Also one near the SIU campus on Oakland Street.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I would guess it had something to do with being 20 miles from the greater st. Louis area
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thank you,

View Quote

Good luck man! If there's anybody in the local government that will help, you've got the right guy. Back when he was in a smaller office and I'd had yet to escape IL he helped get the ISP to stop dragging their feet for me. I hope something comes of it.

As far as the LPRs in Carbondale go, that's almost a good thing. Almost. It's a shame what that town became in a very short period of time. It's almost the poster child for failed liberal policies destroying towns.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would guess it had something to do with being 20 miles from the greater st. Louis area
View Quote

Yeaahhh….sure….sure…because all the gangbanger hoodrats from north St. Louis drive over to a members only gun club (protected by an electronic key card gate) and  an IL DNR run trap range to test out their Glock switches and Tech 9’s .

Makes perfect sense.

One of these days, we are going to win this war on drugs.  I just know we will.

until then we will just have to suffer through having our civil rights trampled on by the .gov

Word on da’ streetz is there are already ALPR’s on the bridges going across the Mississippi River.

That doesn’t do much good curbing gangbangers when:

A.  The cars are stolen in the first place

OR

B.  The car is wearing a temporary tag
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#34]
When I started reading this thread back then, it got me curious about FBI files on individuals. So I researched FOIA and filled it out online. LoL. Exactly one week later, I get a thick letter saying they didn't find jack $#!t. They also outlined the reasons and one of them is that the state or local LEOs did not report any incidents to the NCIC. Either that or they're lying.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When I started reading this thread back then, it got me curious about FBI files on individuals. So I researched FOIA and filled it out online. LoL. Exactly one week later, I get a thick letter saying they didn't find jack $#!t. They also outlined the reasons and one of them is that the state or local LEOs did not report any incidents to the NCIC. Either that or they're lying.
View Quote
If you've never been arrested and haven't applied for anything that'd result in a federal background application (like LE or a National Security Clearance) then there won't be anything in your FBI file.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Almost bought about 240 acres outside of Vandalia..
Best turkey, deer, duck,  and quail hunting that I have seen.

That was 15 years ago,  and thank God I bought in Wisconsin .

And everyone thinks Kenosha is bad
View Quote

@Chukar

Years ago when this other gun club was having issues with St. Clair county’s eminent domain lawsuit, I think it was the Belleville News Democrat newspaper revealed that there is this “Southwestern Illinois Development Authority” (SWIDA) that can pretty much take any property that they want via eminent domain.

Link left cold on purpose:

https://www.swida.org

EDIT:  this other gun club president involved in  this eminent domain case with the county, told me one time, “Because of SWIDA, I would never buy property in southern Illinois.  According to them, you don’t really own it, and they can take it at any time.”  

I almost feel bad from that gun club president.  He was so in over his head.  Luckily, the gun club had a long time member who was / still is a lawyer.

If you’re that interested, you can read about it here:

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2011/08/st-clair-county-board-we-know-more.html?m=1

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I just had an interesting thought.

In that NCIC paperwork I saw, there was one sheet that said “ACTIVE FOID CARD ON FILE”.

Then another sheet said something like “NO ACTIVE CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT”.

Sooo….posit this:

“They” are comparing the license plate numbers (car owners) against the FOID  card database and the CCW database.

What happens if you frequent a gun range too much but don’t have a FOID?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:23:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He lives in IL, he is already registered with their FOID card.
View Quote

Yeah, unfortunately.

But there are plenty of Town and Country gun club members who are from Missouri.  Where there is nothing like a FOID.  

And the World Shooting Complex in Sparta hosts the Grand every summer.

Attachment Attached File

All those out of state RV’s getting their plates recorded, stored, and analyzed.  

EDIT:  I have kinda half joked about it for years here in GD about cell phone tracking putting you at the gun range or the LGS X amount of times per month.  Then the software rank orders you on a “Gun Nut Index” (GNI)

Or if you are a church goer, then you get graded on the “Bible Thumper Index” (BTI).

If you are on both, then you are on the “Bitter Clinger of Guns and Bibles Index”  (BCOGABI)

EDIT:  just because you have a FOID, it does necessarily mean you actually own any guns .

Besides, nowhere in my application for a FOID card did I agree to being tracked from/to gun stores or gun ranges.

EDIT #2:  that doesn’t mean I am trying to rationalize the state forcing us to have a FOID card like some weird Stockholm syndrome.  The FOID just needs to go away completely.  Period.  Dot.  End of Story.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They already know who we are.

(Snip)….,

View Quote

But the question is:  

Should they?

Anywhhhooo….

I had some time to kill last night and found this article from the ACLU about the ATF and the DEA being in cahoots with each other running ALPR’s at gun shows:

https://www.aclu.org/news/free-future/dea-planned-monitor-gun-show-attendees-license-plate-readers-new-emails-reveal

Left cold:

https://www.aclu.org/news/free-future/dea-planned-monitor-gun-show-attendees-license-plate-readers-new-emails-reveal

If you were to read the article, it is not so much about the Second Amendment, but rather the First Amendment right to (peaceably) assemble.

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#43]
My little neighborhood has those Flock cameras (without resident approval) and supposedly aren't in the nationwide TALON program but the docs and paperwork aren't available.

The HOA knows who I am now and they are gestapoing the fuck out of everything they can.

-My mistake moving in with an HOA
NEVER AGAIN
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#44]
There's border patrol checkpoints along the southern highways here. You guys would shit the bed if you saw how many cameras/readers they have.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Tulsa and Catoosa have flock cameras in areas.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#46]
I received my “Dear John…. “ email from the ACLU last week.

Funny how  they will twist, contort, and do all sorts of mental gymnastics for something they think is a civil right.  First time “guns “ get mentioned, they “ Nope.  Nope!  NOPE!” themselves right out of that discussion.

So apparently, I am at this point:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I saw my very first mobile ALPR car today on my way into work:

Attachment Attached File

If you zoom in:

Attachment Attached File

The car had Tennessee plates, and moved in such a way as to avoid me.

I should have gotten a picture of the rear plate.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top