Really? Who knows this shit?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"A known drug corridor"

Really? Who knows this shit?
View Quote

"Virtually every interstate and highway in the United States is used by traffickers to transport illicit drugs to and from distribution centers and market areas throughout the country, and every highway intersection provides alternative routes to drug markets. However, analysis of current seizure data reveals eight principal corridors through which most illicit drugs and drug proceeds are transported to and from market areas"

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs11/18862/transport.htm
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you should have waited to have all the details before posting a thread. But I would say you have nothing to worry about when he comes back through. It's a major interstate, alot of out of state plates go through including Texas because we have three refinery's in the area 2 of which are wrapping up turnarounds with lots of out of Towner's so one more Texas plate isn't going to get any attention.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

11 pages to realize the op's son appears to have lied about the ticket cost and for the op to say there could've been weed in the car. It seems less about justifying this story and more about highlighting it's fictitious.

Just get your son to take a picture of the ticket
View Quote
Weed is legal in Montana.

If you got pulled over and had a six pack in the trunk would you be okay with having your vehicle tossed?

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Low hanging fruit.
Actual dangerous criminals are too risky to pursue.
View Quote

This. Also why they go after guys buying oil filters on amazon but can't crack the case on some urban youths who post tiktok videos of themselves with their full auto glocks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So because they didn't decide to charge it, it didn't happen?

If that's the perception, I guess cops should stop using any discretion and just write tickets or arrest for every single violation they see?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're mistaken. He doesn't have an undeniable responsibility to pull over for an unverified stranger in an unmarked vehicle.

I want you and RancidAR to go find me the portion of MT law where it says that calling 911 or dispatch is an immunity to prosecution on a failure to stop charge.

Go ahead, I’ll wait.

You produce the “failure to stop” charges that were leveled against the OPs son.

Go ahead. We are all waiting.

So because they didn't decide to charge it, it didn't happen?

If that's the perception, I guess cops should stop using any discretion and just write tickets or arrest for every single violation they see?

You make sure to help Don Quixote get those dragons.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am not lexisnexis, but I will help with some key words.  psychological coercion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite please?

I am not lexisnexis, but I will help with some key words.  psychological coercion

I found some good statutes on human trafficking.  Not sure they are relevant.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This. Also why they go after guys buying oil filters on amazon but can't crack the case on some urban youths who post tiktok videos of themselves with their full auto glocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Low hanging fruit.

Bullies operate with the same code of conduct. They only pick on people that are safe to pick on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you got pulled over and had a six pack in the trunk would you be okay with having your vehicle tossed?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

11 pages to realize the op's son appears to have lied about the ticket cost and for the op to say there could've been weed in the car. It seems less about justifying this story and more about highlighting it's fictitious.

Just get your son to take a picture of the ticket

Unfortunately the case law still allows for cops to lie about smelling weed, or their pets smelling weed. Because from the days of our founding fathers we turned into a bunch of pussies afraid of people smoking plants they want to smoke.

You say you respect the police. Then this is what you respect. They do this shit all day every day, all across the country. If your kid had cash with him, they would have stolen it as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There are "vehicles with a single light from the internet" and then there are "cops with a million professionally installed lights."

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay, I’ll say the obvious and unpopular - maybe just pull over immediately next time instead of calling 911 and making an issue of the stop when he was admittedly speeding.

Maybe cops shouldn't do traffic stops with unmarked cars.

There are "vehicles with a single light from the internet" and then there are "cops with a million professionally installed lights."

Kharn

And there are properly marked police vehicles.

Quit trying to play tacicool and realize the predictable effects of looking like a sketchy predator.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Violating civil rights. You should do some research on what is and is not legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what?

Violating civil rights. You should do some research on what is and is not legal.

You should learn about search & seizure laws.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dogs are incredibly unreliable.
View Quote

The K-9 isn’t, the unscrupulous cop is. Did 30 years in LE with a large state agency, with 9 of them in K-9. Now I do investigations for the Public Defender, these local boys are out of control.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This. Detained for 3 hours and a full vehicle search over a speeding ticket is ridiculous. And they’ll keep doing it until someone pushes back on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I'd talk to a lawyer.

This. Detained for 3 hours and a full vehicle search over a speeding ticket is ridiculous. And they’ll keep doing it until someone pushes back on it.

Yeah,  them using your tax dollars to pay what amounts to civil fines for their illegal bullshit absolutely will not fix the problem, because there is still no consequence for them.

The baseline problem is we have too many ridiculous laws we hire too many cops to enforce.   This results in lowering standards because people willing to enforce such bullshit aren't going to be the best people in the first place, and and second because you need so many of them now.  Seriously,  90% of the average cop's "job" is bullshit we shouldn't be bothering law enforcement with.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I got pulled over for speeding in MT in 2007. Small-town dickhead cop. It was around $150.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

but can't crack the case on some urban youths who post tiktok videos of themselves with their full auto glocks.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on what you mean by reliable.  I believe there isn't a dog out there who won't hit on whatever the handler wants.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Drug dogs are a scam. I've watched enough cop shows where they say the dog hit on drugs. And I can't tell that the dog did anything different. It's just an excuse
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#18]
When there is no consequence for bad decisions by the governing body,  and by extension their enforcers, this is what you get.

Only down hill from here.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

WRONG!

Police Depend on them for justification to violate people's rights every day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Depends on what you mean by reliable.  I believe there isn't a dog out there who won't hit on whatever the handler wants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

That flat isn't true. I have bred and trained K9s for over 11 years. Does it happen? yes. Is it common? no. And it is becoming less and less common as the demand for single purpose narcotics dogs is way down. And I have not trained a dog on pot in almost 3 years. Explosives, and the chemicals in meth manufacturing has become far more common in the last couple years by a factor of 2 to 1.

To put into perspective of what I do and what happens. For 15 weeks, the new handlers are trained and the dogs are trained to what the department wants. 85% of the training is with the handlers. The dogs will repeat a behavior 100% of the time when the handler is consistent. If the handler is shit, the dog will be shit. If the handler is is solid, the dog will be solid. It is as simple as that. A well trained dog will have no idea what a command is to "hit" on command. That is something the handler instilled in the dog, and is the failing/bad motive of a handler.

If that behavior is identified in the 15 week course, that dog is flunked out.

The dogs are reliable to be accurate, and I have testified in court a dozen times to that effect. The motives of the officers/handlers can absolutely swing the dogs one way or another.

It is NOT the dogs. It is the handlers. And all of you Lazy-boy Monday morning quarterbacks have no idea what you are talking about.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I get it, it's a drug corridor but my kid does not fit the profile, both had paperwork that they were employed for the summer, they had a real destination, my son has a clean driving record, and no criminal record, they had the cat, driving a Honda Pilot, the search was just not necessary in my opinion.

I'm far from a cop hater, I respect the police, they have a tough job, but sometimes they just do shit that I don't get.  

View Quote

Your kid almost got killed and you still don't get it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Page 12.

In before Trackstar and the cops and their boot lickers defend this shit?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

That flat isn't true. I have bred and trained K9s for over 11 years. Does it happen? yes. Is it common? no. And it is becoming less and less common as the demand for single purpose narcotics dogs is way down. And I have not trained a dog on pot in almost 3 years. Explosives, and the chemicals in meth manufacturing has become far more common in the last couple years by a factor of 2 to 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.  How many false positives are encountered/acceptable?  And please don’t say, “well, of course we strive for zero, but…” Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Okay.  How many false positives are encountered/acceptable?  And please don’t say, “well, of course we strive for zero, but…” Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the source material. Here, get educated: https://www.uspcak9.com/assets/RULES/All%20Rules%20Combined%20%202022.pdf
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

"Virtually every interstate and highway in the United States is used by traffickers to transport illicit drugs to and from distribution centers and market areas throughout the country, and every highway intersection provides alternative routes to drug markets. However, analysis of current seizure data reveals eight principal corridors through which most illicit drugs and drug proceeds are transported to and from market areas"

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs11/18862/images/fig4.gif

View Quote

So…..~80% of the nation is a ‘known drug corridor’?

Lol.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs11/18862/images/fig4.gif

Lol.

That war on drugs has been super successful hasn't it? Decriminalize it all and admit defeat. Demilitarize the Police. Shut down and secure the boarders, It is a lost cause.  All it has done is made the cartels billions, and turn into paramilitary organizations.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a feeling the not pulling over immediately part is what triggered the search.
View Quote

Probably.

That'll do it every time.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Low hanging fruit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
An hour is WAY to long to drag out  a traffic stop legally.

Drug cops are almost all assholes. Sure there MAY be a few decent ones but the majority are power hungry people with badges.

And if the dog alerted and no drugs were found, the dog is defective like most drug dogs are.
View Quote

I got pulled over on my way to a gun match.  Cop had a ride along individual with him in passenger seat.  He tripped out that I had two pistols in my car.  Why do you need two pistols?  Cuz its my back up in case my primary fails.  Nope.

He calls in 3 other units & searches my car.  1 hour of searching & found...nothing. Let me go with a "stern warning" to slow down & to be mindful of how I carry guns in my car. Ughm.  They were in gun bags in a tacticool range bag.  Unloaded.  No magazines in them.

I complained to the Sgt. in charge but, of course, nothing came of it.

Definitely some police out there wanting to show off & get glory for their lot in life.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Probably.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a feeling the not pulling over immediately part is what triggered the search.

Probably.

How far did he drive before pulling over? Did dispatch tell the officer that the guy called to confirm? Is there body cam footage?

Plenty of videos show cops overreacting to people doing this, or waiting for a safer place to pull over. Especially when pulled over by unmarked cars, which shouldn't exist in the first place in a traffic context.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That war on drugs has been super successful hasn't it? Decriminalize it all and admit defeat. Demilitarize the Police. Shut down and secure the boarders, It is a lost cause.  All it has done is made the cartels billions, and turn into paramilitary organizations.
View Quote

One can dream.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Depends on the source material. Here, get educated: https://www.uspcak9.com/assets/RULES/All%20Rules%20Combined%20%202022.pdf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing that.  For certification 70% of points is passing.  

How are the statistics in the real world?  What percent of hits results in not finding contraband?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I fucking hate the interdiction fucktards that have no respect for Constitutional Law.  I'm former city and state LE, and 2nd gen LE, and have had dust-ups with them even when I was traveling on LE business.  I drove off and left one standing on the side of the road with his mouth open near the Sarita checkpoint in South Texas (he was local LE on HIDTA funded highway interdiction TF). I'll prob get labeled a sovereign citizen next time i get stopped by these shitheads bc my only words will be "fuck you" and "bye" now that I'm not LE affiliated.  Getting cuffed/stuffed without any sign he is a threat or is potentially wanted is complete BS and a clear sign these douchenozzles shouldn't be on the job.  Don't get me started on dope k9 BS and cars with ghost markings. I'm shocked that any court in the land still accepts a dog hit as reasonable suspicion.  IMHO any stops should be attempted only by clearly marked units except in times of clear exigency. "Muh dope collar stats this month" wouldn't meet any reasonable standard for exigency.  Op, FWIW I'm sorry this happened to your son.  Wish I could say this doesn't happen in Texas, but it does.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Local like city cop or deputy? MT cops have jurisdictional limits

Also here are all the current fine amounts

https://courts.mt.gov/External/lcourt/training_guides/bondbook.pdf

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What agencies use a durango?  I would say that it would be an odd unit for a law enforcement vehicle.
View Quote

LOTS

https://www.stellantisfleet.com/dodge/durango-pursuit.html

https://www.motortrend.com/news/dodge-charger-durango-pursuit-lineup-photos/
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How are the statistics in the real world?  What percent of hits results in not finding contraband?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, but having been around the dogs for as long as I have, that 30% is there mostly due to handler issues and inconsistency (nervous during a cert. trial, etc.).

In the real world, region and location will largely play into the statistics. And I have not seen any hard data, I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood half of K9 deployments end up in a search (indication from dog), and of those I would venture to ballpark 30-40% do not find anything of significance.

I am all for eliminating Narcotic K9s all together. Do not get me wrong, I agree they are misused. People need to know it is not the dog trying to hook up someone on the side of the road. The dogs are great tools, no different than a firearm. We all love to point out that guns do not kill people, people do. K9 are no different. The K9s are not out there trying to find drugs, they want to smell for something, and get to play with a tug. They do not know drugs are illegal. They know if they smell meth, they platz, the get told they are a good boy, gets pets, and get to play with a tug.

Shitty handlers can make the most well trained K9 look like shit. And good handlers can make a mediocre dog look great.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yep, but having been around the dogs for as long as I have, that 30% is mostly due to handler issues.

In the real world, region and location will largely play into the statistics. And I have not seen any hard data, I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood half of K9 deployments end up in a search (indication from dog), and of those I would venture to ballpark 30-40% do not find anything of significance.

I am all for eliminating Narcotic K9s all together. Do not get me wrong, I agree they are misused. People need to know it is not the dog trying to hook up someone on the side of the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, but having been around the dogs for as long as I have, that 30% is mostly due to handler issues.

I am all for eliminating Narcotic K9s all together. Do not get me wrong, I agree they are misused. People need to know it is not the dog trying to hook up someone on the side of the road.

Outside people in the business, nobody cares whether the failure was the dog or the handler.  It's a distinction without a difference.

First I'll let you know why there's no statistics in a business that loves statistics, because they don't want them to be discovered.  

Second, assuming your estimate is accurate, about a third of the time they are used to create PC they fail to find what they were looking for.  Congratulations, your tool is a little better than a drug detecting quarter.

ETA:  Your edit is laughable.  A dog is not like an inanimate object.  You lose any credibility when you try to make such a foolish arguement.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Hes travelling with a fucking cat OP
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Lol.
View Quote

It's just another piece of their well-groomed testimony and affidavit copypasta. "Based on my knowledge, training, experience with my appropriately certified ouija dog, this officer initiated a traffic stop in a known drug corridor." It adds scary and superficially credible-sounding words.

It's sort of like everything within 100 miles of the border is a 4th Amendment-free zone for U.S. citizen. Because we said so.

But not for millions of non-citizens who are actually and illegally crossing the border.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd like to but here's the thing.

In 3 months he has to travel back through there in the same vehicle. License plate readers being what they are, I don't want to risk this getting out on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post up who the cocksuckers are
I'd like to but here's the thing.

In 3 months he has to travel back through there in the same vehicle. License plate readers being what they are, I don't want to risk this getting out on the internet.

Why does he have to travel back that way?  Take the scenic route and go back a different way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Revenue collection patrol!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Fuck cops.

Used to be an ally. You fixed that for me.

Real criminals might hurt you so you go for generally law abiding people.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Safer than actually making a difference.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep, but having been around the dogs for as long as I have, that 30% is there mostly due to handler issues and inconsistency (nervous during a cert. trial, etc.).

I am all for eliminating Narcotic K9s all together. Do not get me wrong, I agree they are misused. People need to know it is not the dog trying to hook up someone on the side of the road. The dogs are great tools, no different than a firearm. We all love to point out that guns do not kill people, people do. K9 are no different. The K9s are not out there trying to find drugs, they want to smell for something, and get to play with a tug. They do not know drugs are illegal. They know if they smell meth, they platz, the get told they are a good boy, gets pets, and get to play with a tug.

Shitty handlers can make the most well trained K9 look like shit. And good handlers can make a mediocre dog look great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, I thought it would be a much higher percentage of being right. Could you imagine being employed at a job with that kind of failure rate? Ouch.  That is a lot of people being fucked with.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hes travelling with a fucking cat OP
View Quote
Yeah, I know, I have failed as a Father.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#46]
At least we can criticize law enforcement on this site now, to an extent.

I remember when any questioning or criticism was immediately shut down and your account was at risk.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thats bullshit. So they can stop a little fentanyl but have more pouring over our border by the day.
View Quote
They don't care about the drugs, they are in it for asset forfeiture. Highway robbery.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#48]
He should be thankful they didn’t have a few thousand dollars in cash. That would be gone now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well, that's one side of the story.
View Quote

Found the cop!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How far did he drive before pulling over? Did dispatch tell the officer that the guy called to confirm? Is there body cam footage?

Plenty of videos show cops overreacting to people doing this, or waiting for a safer place to pull over. Especially when pulled over by unmarked cars, which shouldn't exist in the first place in a traffic context.
View Quote
Settlement reached with Arkansas State Police after PIT maneuver flips woman's car

Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top