Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

People get tested for the flu, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How do you test for the flu is there an unreliable otc test available like for covid.

Taken from medical web site.

home COVID-19 tests have a higher chance of a false negative than a false positive — meaning it’s more likely that the test will indicate you don’t have COVID-19 when you do have it than report you do have it when you don’t.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Pretty much all I ask, if you know you are sick, just cancel the dinner and focus on getting better. We treat COVID like we treat the flu, when we have either we stay home and get better. We don't go around spreading either to those we supposedly care about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't want to get sick before covid and I don't want to now either. The whole thing as polarized people both ways. Your MIL ia an asshole just like the mask nazi and the pure bloods. When you're sick stay away from people. I had three different people ask me to come help them with something that could have waited. When I got there all three just casually announced they had the flu.

People are assholes I miss my dog.

Pretty much all I ask, if you know you are sick, just cancel the dinner and focus on getting better. We treat COVID like we treat the flu, when we have either we stay home and get better. We don't go around spreading either to those we supposedly care about.

It's not that hard, we've always done it, but my wife's side the family doesn't seem to care.

I didn't go to Christmas at my parents last year because I woke up with a stomach bug....my sister had the same thing happen this year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:I can't tell you how many times we showed up and her kids were puking in buckets.
View Quote

They were probably puking because they ate a one pound bag of M&M's in 15 minutes by themselves, not from the flu.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I damn sure do, flu sucks, tamiflu rocks, and family that brings sick kids to get my kid and my family are horrible people. Happened this Christmas also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It truly is bizarre. No one freaks out when someone has the cold, or the flu. People don't rush out to get tested, get pissed off when they get the flu or cold. But someone has the rabies and holy shit, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! I HAVE TO QUARANTINE! I HAVE TO GET TESTED! I HAVE TO TELL ERRYBODY!"
I damn sure do, flu sucks, tamiflu rocks, and family that brings sick kids to get my kid and my family are horrible people. Happened this Christmas also.

Come on brother, that’s faggot talk. Now go sprinkle some AIDS on your kids’ cereal and then tell them to rub some dirt on it if they’re not feeling well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Your MIL sounds more like a man than you.

Stop being a little bitch
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Woke up Christmas morning sick.  Had one of the free test kits still, tested and I got COVID for Christmas. I'm usually with the it's just a cold crowd, but this has been my longest lasting C19 experience thus far. About as bad as the FLU. Wrecked my Christmas break.
View Quote

Damn how many times have you had covid. I've never had it and I'm out in the world all the time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
ivermectin works well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The same shit happened during the dark ages when the Bubonic Plague was all the rage.

"Me thinkith that thou shall go to'th the house of the inlaws and bringith forth the blankets covered in rat shyte and infected fleas to so they to can enjoy the fruits of the plague".
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you don't. You ran out to get tested and made a thread professing you're I'll with the rabies.

I think it depends on your level of hypochondria. One of my friends runs out to urgent care to undergo a battery of tests every time he gets the sniffles. He and his wife have probably been tested for strep dozens of times without having had strep once. This has been going on long before Covid.

The new thing is to tell everyone you tested positive for Covid, then when your buddies rag on you for bothering to test, claim you had a bunch of free Covid tests just laying around. MFer, they stopped giving out free tests two years ago and that shit expires.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Why do people feel the need to type covid in all caps (COVID) but any other illness like cold or flu they don’t?
Are people still that scared/ignorant that they think covid is worse than the others?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does GD get so upset every time someone gets tested to see what they're sick with?  It can't hurt anything and rules other things out.  Normal people don't give a fuck that you didn't get a shot or that you don't test just as much as we don't give a fuck that someone does test or did get a shot.
View Quote

Gee I don't know. Maybe after being locked down, rights attempted to be stripped away, a plandemic used to effect an election, then vaxxers attack those who refused a fake vaccine. We're just damn fed up with this BS. Just saying.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]
My niece was very sick with the flu the week prior to Christmas.  We all decided to delay celebrating Christmas together until she was well.  No way were we bringing that into the house with several otherwise healthy people, especially when my Mom is 92.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes I did. Did OP know he was or wasn't asymptomatic covid?

He could have been the super spreader.

View Quote

That doesn’t change the fact that someone else was symptomatic and put themselves in a group of people knowing they were sick.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That doesn’t change the fact that someone else was symptomatic and put themselves in a group of people knowing they were sick.
View Quote

Sucks when new science wrecks your argument.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sucks when new science wrecks your argument.

View Quote

I don’t think you even know what my argument is.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Our family got Covid from infected medical staff at an OB clinic.  Now my wife has to take asprin the rest of her pregnancy.

OB clinic also doubles as the oncology dept.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

People test for flu, strep, venereal disease, etc etc etc.

If you go to the ER or emergency clinic with high fever and certain symptoms they're going to test you for certain things.

Guess what? Not testing for those doesn't make them magically disappear overnight.
It's not a bad idea to find out "hey I have something contagious" versus "it's just a sinus infection I won't pass it on to other people".

The non testers are retarded. Doesn't mean you buy into all the Covid hysteria but I would like to know if I have something contiguous or not.
View Quote
HOOK LINE SINKER - frack stick

Never said jack sheet about legitimate naturally occurring infectious maladies - my implication, though not overtly stated as such was referencing the Chyna Flu [i would suspect you gathered as much, but couldn't help interjection].

BTW, I don't think retarded is the appropriate adjective, I would think "free thinking", but hey you do you . . . No bean in chili practitioners are morons.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My 6 year old has the flu after a Christmas dinner at my brother in laws. Their middle kid was running fever all day but brought her anyways because they didn’t want her to miss out on anything. They left in the middle of the GTG to take her to the doc and tested positive for the flu. They then brought her back to the house and sat her in the corner and told everyone to stay away from her.
View Quote

They locked you in their house and didn't let you leave?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It truly is bizarre. No one freaks out when someone has the cold, or the flu. People don't rush out to get tested, get pissed off when they get the flu or cold. But someone has the rabies and holy shit, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! I HAVE TO QUARANTINE! I HAVE TO GET TESTED! I HAVE TO TELL ERRYBODY!"
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Is she hot?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I love the blame game.  For fuck sakes op suck it up.  

Oh no mil got me sick... burn her at the stake
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you go to the ER or emergency clinic
with high fever and certain symptoms they’re going to test you for certain things.

Guess what? Not testing for those doesn’t make them magically disappear overnight.
It’s not a bad idea to find out “hey I have something contagious” versus “it’s just a sinus infection I won’t pass it on to other people”.

The non testers are retarded. Doesn’t mean you buy into all the Covid hysteria but I would like to know if I have something contiguous or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you go to the ER or emergency clinic
with high fever and certain symptoms they’re going to test you for certain things.

Guess what? Not testing for those doesn’t make them magically disappear overnight.
It’s not a bad idea to find out “hey I have something contagious” versus “it’s just a sinus infection I won’t pass it on to other people”.

The non testers are retarded. Doesn’t mean you buy into all the Covid hysteria but I would like to know if I have something contiguous or not.

Right there you just stated, If you go to the ER or emergency clinic with these dumb ass otc unreliable at home tests. If people get a runny nose they test and if it comes up negative they pout and can't tell everyone they've got covid. Just Google the otc tests. They are unreliable. Hell it was even in the news at one time.

Here are headlines

Sep 15, 2021 — Unfortunately, these tests aren't sensitive enough to make a gathering safe. And they may actually provide a false sense of security.

but we now know from numerous studies that this is not always true." That means at-home tests can indicate that a person is negative for the virus even though they are actually infected—and even currently infectious.Jun 14, 2023

Anew study raises significant doubts about whether at-home rapid antigen tests can detect the Omicron variant before infected people can transmit the virus to others.

The researchers found that people without COVID-19 symptoms correctly tested positive in 58.1 percent of rapid tests.

Not to mention, look at the expiration date of these at home test kits. I bet you most have expired. But that said. Notice how all these statements above only say false negative and not false positives. So they are saying if you test negative you might still have it. Ohhhh be afraid....be very afraid. You might be infected even if you test negative and spread it causing a pandemic.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Stop Testing!!!! If you have a cold, you have a cold. All this testing just keeps the fear crap going.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Never said jack sheet about legitimate naturally occurring infectious maladies - my implication, though not overtly stated as such was referencing the Chyna Flu [i would suspect you gathered as much, but couldn't help interjection].

BTW, I don't think retarded is the appropriate adjective, I would think "free thinking", but hey you do you . . . No bean in chili practitioners are morons.
View Quote

What are you even trying to say?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ivermectin works well.
View Quote

I've got a ton of that in pill form. Never used it yet. But there must be a lot of people with weak ass immune systems.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My niece was very sick with the flu the week prior to Christmas.  We all decided to delay celebrating Christmas together until she was well.  No way were we bringing that into the house with several otherwise healthy people, especially when my Mom is 92.
View Quote

That was wise and absolutely the right thing to do
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a friend who talked like that for a while, while he was dying from a brain tumor
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#28]
But were you vaxxed?

Seriously, get some Paxlovid.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it. Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?
View Quote

People being assholes turns people against one another. Assholes have been knowingly showing-up at get-togethers with infectious illnesses long before COVID.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My in-laws have been spreading around that bacterial pneumonia that’s going around. I skipped family festivities and still got sick somehow even thought the wife and kids are fine.
View Quote

My recently started working at a daycare where my brother's kids go.  She got sick in week 2.  I've been holding onto something very minor for a month now.  No sinus congestion.  Snotty nose though.  And some minor chest congestion.  Today started hacking up chunky loogies.   Haven't been to doc, since I don't even feel bad.  Last night my voice started changing and throat dried out.  But today it's OK.  Wonder if I need a chest xray.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#31]
GTFO with this nonsense still...
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You mean everyone?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:I can't tell you how many times we showed up and her kids were puking in buckets.
View Quote

"Oh, it's just something they ate."

If they're coughing, sneezing, congested, etc.: "Oh, it's just allergies."

Then there's the old "Oh, they/I don't have a fever. So it's not contagious."
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I sympathize with your irritation OP.

That said I dunno why anyone even mentions Covid anymore?

you got the flu, could be a shitty one... or not, welcome to winter on planet earth... your MIL is a selfish dummy.

Other than that the drama in this story is pretty low IMO
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont-even-care-687.gif
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/amazing-gun-middle-finger-gif-351.gif

PUREBLOOD MASTER RACE CHECKING IN!

It's amazing that people are still testing for this shit. Bbaaaahhhh...
View Quote
You might be part of the master race but Covid almost killed me. There are days when I'm not certain it won't kill me. I have been struggling with long covid since July of 22. So you might not care but you could be killing someone by your selfishness.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#36]
This is why pussy millennials will never own their own home. 26 years at my current job and I’ve never called off sick once. My boss gave me a placard to celebrate 25 years without a sick day with a hearty handshake and a thank you as I stared into his eyes. All this time I ve been sick multiple times a year but I’m not a pussy that test and stays home for every sniffle. I’m working through the holidays with a cough because this place would fall apart without me. How else could I pay off my 80k house, that is worth 627k now, I bought 30 years ago in just 10 years if I took me days and mental health days? My ungrateful millennial kids will know this was all done to provide for them when I cut them out of my will. I’ll sleep when I’m dead.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow!!! Another GD Covid thread. Great!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Rona ran through our house already

Half nasty cold/half flu like symptoms.

4 days of feeling like shit

But no puking... No running to the hospital.

Docs do say to keep fluids going through and have either Pedialyte or Gatorade handy if folks are feeling dehydrated.

Also be on the lookout for STREP
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
News at 11... People get sick from other people!!
View Quote

This for days.  Everyone is a f*cking pussy anymore about getting sick.  Damn flu kills people too.  Better lock yourselves up and wear triple masks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why do people feel the need to type covid in all caps (COVID) but any other illness like cold or flu they don’t?
Are people still that scared/ignorant that they think covid is worse than the others?
View Quote

COVID is an acronym of sorts (for Coronavirus Disease). Cold and flu are not.

My phone auto-corrects to COVID.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Stop Testing!!!! If you have a cold, you have a cold. All this testing just keeps the fear crap going.
View Quote

We should abolish hospitals as well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why take a covid test?
What did you do different knowing it's covid?
View Quote

If i were truely sick and tested positive, I  get 5 days off from work without burning my sick time.

Though am lucky, never have had the flu and only had the vid once. Exactly 2 years ago when my oldest was home for Xmas and gave it as a gift. 0 shots for any of us except him (army mandate)
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Got a bug from a pre-Christmas party at family's house.

My wife was very sick for 3 weeks with something and I never caught whatever it was. A few days after the get together and I started getting chills and aches.

Now into the snot nose/sore throat phase.

FWIW, I've had the Coof at least twice and am pretty sure a third time. Since I work from home it's easy to isolate. Overall effects diminish with each bout. For all I know this is time #4. Or it's something else.

People get sick.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why take a covid test?
What did you do different knowing it's covid?
View Quote

If i were truely sick and tested positive, I  get 5 days off from work without burning my sick time.
View Quote

That was my reason for getting tested. I lost my pay since I didn't have any PTO left, but I didn't receive the usual attendance demerits. The strain I had was worse than any flu I've experienced. There's no way I would have been able to work on my feet for 10 to 12hrs the first few days.

But, based on some sentiments in this thread, I guess I should have allowed myself to be fired instead of perpetuating the COVID scam by being tested.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's about the stupidest comparison I've seen posted to-date. Are you up on all your booster shots
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve never had a cold that put me down for 3 days with a 104 temperature & had me shitting my guts out. Who the fuck cares if someone does a home test? You can use the results to decide if you want to keep distance from people you care about for a few days. This isn’t rocket science.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it. Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?

No one acts like an asshole when someone gets a flu test, either.

The emotional responses from fundamentally unhappy people go both ways.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's about the stupidest comparison I've seen posted to-date. Are you up on all your booster shots
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. But if me or mine get sick and it lasts more than a few days I'd prefer the Drs know what it is to assist in the treatment. Not worried about COVID, but something like pneumonia can take a turn for the worse real quick.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not to mention all the stupid TV infomercials and the new networks spreading gloom and doom about a triple threat of doom. Flu, covid and RSV then telling everyone to get their shots for these thing.

We're all gonna die if we do not get vaccinated

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#50]
2 years ago, a couple of days before Christmas, my Parent's called and told us they had COVID.  We said we didn't give a damn and we weren't going to miss Christmas with them over COVID.  We went to their house like usual and had a great time.  We lived.

Go to Key West next year because you are upset with your Mom? What if your Mom didn't make it to the next Christmas?

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top